Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Brothers and Sisters

You Could Use a Mute Button

by moocow 11 reviews

Enjoy. I know you will. Uhh... sorry Grace.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2009-06-12 - Updated: 2009-06-12 - 4147 words

5Ambiance
With a hand to his head, Patrick slowly made his way through the living room the next morning, finding random bodies that didn’t seem familiar at all scattered across the floor. He sighed, and winced at the light seeping in from the open blinds of the window and turned his vision rather at Dirty who was leaning against the staircase, standing fairly uncomfortably with a few people in front of him. Patrick neared him and narrowed his eyes down the hall and noticed a small line of people for the downstairs bathroom.

“What the-”

“Upstairs is locked and Gabe is taking forever!” Dirty cut him off and shook a little, crossing his legs and wincing. “I really gotta take a piss,” Patrick was about to respond when Jenn came up to them, a worried expression on her features.

“Patrick, can I ask you a favor?” she mused, glancing for an amused second at Dirty before grabbing Patrick’s wrist and dragging him towards the first steps of the staircase. He creased his eyebrows together and looked up at Jenn as she stood on a step above him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked. Jenn sighed and nodded her head up the stairs.

“A lot,” she paused and ran a hand through her hair. “Izzy’s locked herself in the bathroom and Ali’s door is locked and she won’t answer any of us,”

“What’s wrong with them?” Patrick creased his eyebrows together as Jenn shrugged.

“I’m assuming Izzy’s upset over Pete, and I already tried talking to him but it turns out he’s not here and-”

“What about Ali?” Patrick butt in, feeling slightly guilty that he didn’t really care about Pete at the moment, but brushed it off as Jenn slouched, sighing loudly.

“I didn’t want to say it, but I think she’s pouting over you,” she mumbled. Patrick shot his eyebrows up and stepped up onto the first step with her.

“What do you mean?” he questioned, eagerly. Jenn crossed her arms and gave him the look.

“What do you think?” she rolled her eyes after this and Patrick let his own disgruntled sigh go before glancing up the stairs. Reluctantly, he slowly started his way up and soon found himself standing outside Ali’s door, his morale lower than he had ever felt.

“There’s no use in knocking,”

Patrick widened his eyes as he heard a voice and turned his head, his hand still poised in the air, hand in a fist. He noticed a somber looking Ali exiting Izzy’s room, and could tell she was completely exhausted both mentally and physically.

“I-I just wanted to-”

“There’s no use, Patrick,” he frowned as she moved towards him, reaching out and gripping the door handle. “You missed your chance to talk to me last night,” she whispered.

“What?” Patrick snapped, creasing his eyebrows even more together. Ali took her hand away and planted her hands on her hips, just as angry.

“I came up to you last night hoping I could talk about us,” she explained, lowering her eyes when she got to the end of her sentence. “But you wouldn’t listen,” she lowered her voice even more. Patrick widened his eyes before wildly shaking his head.

“I was drunk, Ali, what did you expect?” he paused and eyed her suspiciously. “Out of all the times you had to finally make a move, you did it when I was so far gone I was holding onto the microwave handle for support!”

Ali tensed her shoulders and locked eyes with Patrick again, her lips held tightly together as she observed his shocked expression.

“I was looking for comfort because I had just found Travi cheating on me,”

Looking for comfort,” Patrick mocked. “That sounds a lot like making a move,” he argued. Ali resisted the urge to push Patrick towards the stairs.

“Oh what about you? If you are going to criticize me for not making a move then maybe you should look up the definition of a hypocrite,” Ali hissed. Patrick held his breath. “I waited for the longest time before Travi and honestly, all I wanted was for you to be aggressive with me,” she paused again and lowered her eyes, a little defeated. “I wanted you to be aggressive with us,”

Patrick let his temper built up inside of him but quickly morphed it into passion as Ali gripped her door handle again. Right as she opened the door and was slipping in, he stepped forward and pushed her in, grabbing her hips and as rough as he could without hurting her, slammed her against the door, closing it with a definite slam. Ali let a slight gasp go before moving her hands up to Patrick’s shoulders as he held her there, her eyes snapping closed as he pressed his lips to hers, it quickly transforming into a sloppy yet passionate make-out session. She groaned into it as Patrick’s hands made their way up to her shoulders where he pushed at her light cardigan sweater, her arms moving down so that it could slide off. His fingers then traveled down to her waist where he broke away from the kiss to yank up her tank top over her head and throw it somewhere in the room. Ali gulped as she observed the determination in Patrick’s eyes and watched as he reached down and locked her door.

“Patrick,” she whispered. He locked his eyes with hers and she instantly shut her lips tight. His blue eyes were electrified, his pupils wide with lust, almost scaring her. Patrick gulped as well and grabbed her body, bringing it closer to his again before lowering his mouth to her ear.

“You’re the one who wanted me to be aggressive,” he breathed.

Ali let a shuddered breath go and closed her eyes, feeling every last hair on her body stand on end. Patrick had managed to sound both equally wildly erotic but calming at the same time. She was getting what she wanted, but still felt a little unsure if it was happening the right way. Shaking the thought to the back of her head, she snaked her arms around his neck, letting his hands travel down to her lower waist and then her ass. Patrick let out his own breath and moved her leg up; pressing himself against her, making their bodies hit the door again. In a quick move, he hoisted her up, and soon her legs were around his waist, her arms clinging to his shoulders as he pressed them tighter against the only support. Their mouths met once more and in a fight for domination, their tongues fought over space before Patrick pulled away and moved them, Ali holding tighter until he placed her down again on her vanity dresser, the act knocking over multiple belongings.

“What-”

“Shh,” Patrick voiced, cutting her off.

Ali closed her eyes again and leaned against the small mirror behind her and looked down, watching as Patrick unbuttoned her jeans, tugging them a little before yanking them off of her legs and tossing them to the side. He rested his hands on her thighs at that point, leaning forward to press his lips to her throat instead. Ali took the small space he created to reach up to his collar, unzipping his hoodie and pulling at the sleeves until he shrugged it off. He pulled away after this and Ali watched hazily as he stepped back, pulling her body with his until she was standing again. She watched Patrick has he gulped slightly but then straightened himself out and dragged her towards her bed, pushing her slightly so she’d sit. Ali glanced up at him and hesitated, fearing that he would stop her yet again, but went ahead and grabbed his waist, unbuttoning his jeans and pushing at them until he kicked them off and reached out for her shoulders, pushing her back.

They crawled up towards the top of the bed and through another passionate kiss, Patrick moved his hands to Ali’s back, unclasping her bra and tossing it away. His mind started to scream at him that all of this, what they were doing was wrong, but figured if he backed out, Ali would have made her point. He moved his hands to her breasts and let his eye twitch, having a flashback to the time he had to get marshmallows from the very spot. Ali arched her back in a loud moan, kicking him out of his thoughts and he leaned back a little, her hands yanking his shirt up and over his head. His body fell over hers once more and quickly, both of them worked together to get the last items of clothing off before Patrick grabbed Ali’s waist. He hesitated for only a moment, hearing his conscious screaming at him but then caught glimpse of the lust in Ali’s eyes, her arms thrown up above her head and her hair sprawled all around the pillow. In that instant, he told himself to shut up and pushed himself in, his eyes quickly rolling back as he closed them and his body arching over hers as she met his initial thrust.

Ali wrapped her arms around Patrick’s back as he fell over her, letting her mouth fall agape as she heavily breathed. She really couldn’t believe that this was happening, but wanted to savor the moment, knowing this was going to change everything. Patrick sped up momentarily, leaning back a little, locking eyes with her in some sort of message before closing the gap between them yet again. Ali widened her eyes as he crashed into her one last time, her breath leaving as he pulled his lips away from hers, the same sound of amazement coming from Patrick. They stayed together for the climb down, arms wrapped tightly around another until breathing was somewhat normal and the stars had disappeared from vision. Ali closed her eyes as Patrick pulled himself out and fell next to her, and didn’t dare open them until Patrick grazed his arm against hers. She turned her head slowly to peer at him, and found the confused glimmer in his eyes. There were no words exchanged; only a lasting eye lock that told the entire story. It wasn’t supposed to happen like this.

*

“Morning,” Grace yawned as she stepped into the kitchen, blinking her eyes slightly when she realized the only one in the room was in fact Gabe. She sighed slightly and moved around him, opening the cupboard behind his head, pulling out a box of cereal and sighing again as she moved to take the milk out of the fridge. Gabe watched her movements and blinked when she turned around, choosing to smile with one side of his mouth, attempting to make her start a conversation with him, or at least to smile back to him. She did, and he smiled fully before coughing.

“Have a nice sleep?” He asked, and Grace raised an eyebrow before sighing once more.

“Not really,” She answered, making Gabe frown again. Grace sat opposite him on the kitchen island and eyed him before glaring a little.

“I’m going to forget last night ever happened,” She whispered, and Gabe looked relieved.

“Really?” He asked, and Grace nodded, defeated.

“Yeah, I’m not in the mood for a breakup,” She smiled very lightly, and Gabe moved around the table, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and kissing her forehead.

“Thank you,” He whispered, and Grace grabbed his collar, kissing his neck slightly. As she pulled back however she frowned at the spot slightly to the left of where she had kissed him, tilting her head as she observed his skin. Her face dropped slowly, and Gabe looked confused for a second before realizing what she had spotted.

“Oh, Grace, I didn’t-” Grace widened her eyes angrily at him, making him cringe slightly. “Grace it’s just a bruise,” He mumbled, and Grace glared.

“Don’t you fucking] lie to me,” Gabe gulped and sighed, surrendering quickly.

“Okay, but, you need to know, I didn’t [/mean
-” Grace scoffed, interrupting him.

“Didn’t mean for me to find out, yeah I am aware of that,” Gabe shook his head furiously, growing angry at how stubborn he thought Grace was being.
“Will let me explain, for god sake,”

“No Gabe, fuck you, you’re doing this all over again, and with the SAME FUCKING GIRL!!” Gabe cringed, following Grace into the living room where she had stormed off. Most of the members of the household were in that room and all had their heads turned to where Grace and Gabe had just stormed the room. Ashley widened her eyes at the sight of a fight about break out, and shot a look to Jenn and Izzy who were sat opposite her. All three shared a look of knowing what was about to happen, and Ashley stood to try and calm Grace down.

“Grace maybe you should-” Grace turned to Ashley with fire blaring up in her eyes, making Ashley widen her own and sit back down. Grace turned back to Gabe and glared at him, with Gabe glaring right back.

“Gabe what the hell do you think you were doing?” She hissed, and Gabe shrugged.

“I don’t know, but if you would let me explain I would tell you what I was doing, which was nothing,” Grace scoffed.

“Yeah I’m sure. That’s why you have the world’s biggest hickey on your neck you fucking idiot,” The others in the room began to cringe at the fight, expecting plates to begin flying their ears any second.

“Grace she came onto me and started kissing my neck, I was almost passed out, I didn’t realize what she was doing until it was there, and then I pushed her off and passed out,” Grace rolled her eyes.

“I’m sure that’s exactly what happened Gabe, like fucking always you’ve got some little story made up ready for when you get fucking caught,” She moved closer to the table which held various objects on top, making the other girls in the room send each other looks again and keep their eyes on Grace’s hands.

“Grace why the hell don’t you trust me?” Gabe whined, and Grace glared again, wrapping her hands around the first thing she found on the table, which happened to be a candlestick. Pete, who had managed to return home just in time for the fight, was sitting closest to her, and grabbed her wrist, prying it from her fingers. Grace sent an evil look his way too, before turning back to Gabe and sighing, hurt being more evident in her eyes more than anger now.

“Gabe I think we should just give this up,” Gabe widened his eyes slightly, moving towards her.

“Give what up? Don’t say you’re not going to fight for this,” Grace shook her head.

“I’m tired of fighting. For you, with you. I’m just done.” She moved past him, leaving Gabe and the rest of the room wondering if any of the couples in the house would ever survive.

*

Pete and Dirty ushered all the boys (minus Gabe and Travis) into the front room, while the girls were all out on one of their days out. Pete smirked happily at the confused looks they were being given, and he cleared his throat before puffing his chest out.

“I have come to the conclusion that those women should pay for what they did to us,” He said, and Dirty clapped his hands excitedly. Pete smirked again and Patrick raised an eyebrow from where he was sat on the sofa, nervous of what Pete could be concocting.

“Pete I think your plans always end up backfiring and coming back on us,” He said, and Pete shook his head quickly. “Plus, considering what just happened between Gabe and Grace you think this is the best idea?”

“Yes, usually, but this won’t. I have decided we are going to play a prank on each of the girls, playing on their,” He squinted his eyes and deepened his voice. “darkest fears,” He growled evilly, and they smiled. “Plus, this might lead to some reconciling between people,” he paused, shaking the thought and gaining his evil grin back. “And I know exactly who to go for first,” He sniggered slightly. Patrick groaned, leaning back into the chair.

“Why do I get the feeling you’re going to piss every single girl in the house off by doing this?” He glared at Pete slightly, who just shrugged in response.

“I couldn’t care less right now, besides, it’ll be fun, they deserve it for getting us with their evil ways,” Dirty nodded eagerly from behind him.

“Pete’s right, I’m still reeling from that bathing suit,” Pete sniggered and received a slap around the head from Dirty, but Pete ignored him.

“So are you all in?” He asked, and the boys groaned. Joe nodded slowly.

“Only if the ‘fears’ you’re talking about don’t get them scared too much, I don’t want to see those girls having panic attacks and collapsing or something,” Pete laughed.

“It’ll be fine. Right, so Ali has a fear of-” Patrick sighed and interrupted him.

“-Going deaf,” He said, and Pete rolled his eyes.

“Yes, she has a fear of going deaf, and we’re going to play on that.” Andy raised an eyebrow.

“How exactly do we make her go deaf?” He asked, and Pete smiled.

“We don’t, we all just stop talking,” Patrick rolled his eyes.

“Pete, that’s only going to work if the other girls do it, and if nothing else in the house makes a noise.” Pete nodded happily.

“I know, I manually muted the television, I unplugged the speakers for the stereo, and I’m going to make the other girls join in,” Joe laughed.

“This is totally not going to work, dude,” Pete smiled evilly, rubbing his hands slightly.

“You wanna’ bet?”

*

“Is she coming?”

Pete looked towards the stairs, where Ali had gone to the toilet. He had convinced the other girls to take part once they came back from their day out, and although most of them agreed reluctantly, he managed to sweet talk them into it. Grace nodded, folding her arms.

“Yes she’s coming down the stairs I think. But Pete, we can’t do it for too long otherwise it’ll scare her a lot,” Pete shook his head.

“If she has the common sense to bang her foot on the floor she’ll know she’s not gone deaf,” Grace rolled her eyes and everyone looked to Ali as she walked into the room.

“Why are you all staring at me weirdly?” She asked, widening her eyes slightly at the pairs of eyes that were on her. Pete shrugged, and began to mouth words, as if he was speaking. Ali frowned, she was not in the mood for any of this.

“You what now? What the hell are you doing?” Everyone else either had small smiles on their faces, or looked completely unamused and kept themselves quiet. Joe faked a confused look, and mouthed more words to her, mouthing ‘what are you talking about’ to her and watching as she widened her eyes.

“What the hell is going on guys?” She mumbled, and frowned again. Jenn also faked a confused expression and tapped her on the shoulder. She mouthed ‘are you okay?’ and Ali gulped.

“What the hell? Wait, I can hear myself, what are you doing?” Jenn frowned. She mouthed ‘Ali what’s wrong?’ and waved a hand in front of her face, while Ali cringed.

“Yeah I really don’t like this, just stop okay?” She frowned again. “I know I can still hear stuff, I can hear myself, and watch,” She turned the TV on and turned up the volume, but no sound came out of it. Ali gulped.

“Okay so you messed with the TV too, just, stop now, please,” She wined slightly and Pete shook his head, miming ‘we’re not doing anything,’ and smiling slightly. Ali looked to the others.

“Are you all going to do this to me?” Everyone faked confused expressions and she huffed. “Seriously, I really don’t like this,” She wined again and Dirty stood up, patting her arm and smiling. ‘Maybe you should see a doctor,’ he mimed, and Ali read his lips.

“No! Stop it, seriously, I don’t need to see a doctor, you guys are just being bastards and PLEASE just stop,” She whimpered and Patrick looked fairly guilty, and punched Pete in the arm, motioning for them to stop. Pete rolled his eyes, fed up of Patrick being such a gentleman.

“Fine,” Pete grumbled, and Ali widened her eyes, thankful that they stopped.

“I fucking hate you, whose idea was this?” She yelped, and Pete shrugged.

“Mine, don’t overreact it was just a joke,” Ali’s eyes narrowed and she poked a finger to his chest.

“You have no fucking clue how scared I am of going deaf, how dare you use that against me,” She turned to the rest of the room, before looking at the girls.

“How the hell could you agree to this? You know how much I hate the thought of that,” She frowned and Grace stood up.

“We’re sorry, we just-” Ali shook her hand slightly.

“Its fine, I just need to lie down,” She shook her head and Patrick stood up, putting a hand out to her. She swatted it away and frowned, glaring at him slightly.

“You too, you knew how scared I was of that,” She whispered, and Patrick sighed.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t think it would bother you that much,” Ali huffed again.

“Yeah well, it scared the shit out of me, so thanks,” She pushed him away gently and moved past him, walking up the stairs. Patrick followed her and spun her around at the top, forcing her to face him.

“Ali I’m sorry,” He said, and Ali shrugged.

“It doesn’t matter-”

“It does. I should’ve known,” Ali rolled her eyes and pulled away from him, walking towards her bedroom, with Patrick following. “Ali please,” He mumbled, and Ali sighed.

“Its fine, Patrick-” Patrick frowned and interrupted her.

“It’s not, is it?” He asked, and Ali sighed.

“Obviously not,” She took a breath and opened her bedroom door, Patrick forcing his way in.

“Tell me, Ali,” He looked her in the eye and she gulped.

“I don’t know what came over you today but I have no idea how to interoperate it,” She sighed. After playing with her hands a little, she looked up to him and gulped, before leaning up and pecking his lips slightly. He widened his eyes and then relaxed, blinking just as she pulled away. He gulped when she finally looked at him and she held an apprehensive smile on her face, one he copied. “Is this what you want, Patrick? And I want-”

“An honest answer,” Patrick whispered. He grabbed at her hands and lowered his eyes for a moment. “Ali, I’m so ready to be committed to you, and build on whatever crazy thing is going on between us-”

“But…” Ali trailed off for him and looked to the ground.

“We need to help our friends,” he spoke. “If we announce a relationship to them, it won’t end well,”

Ali nodded, somewhat understanding.

“I caught Pete staring at Izzy with a solemn look last night,” she softly smiled and Patrick cupped her cheek.

“See, there’s a little glimmer of hope,” he smiled as well. “I need Mother Moo and since I’m the only one with my head screwed on at least the closest thing to right, I’ll help you,”

Ali sighed and nodded, but still leaned forward to hold Patrick against her in a hug.

“I think we need to help them too,” she frowned. “Even if it means putting us on hiatus,”

The two stood there for a moment, just wondering to themselves if they would be able to fix the damage that had been building up over the last several months. Jenn and Dirty’s possible blood relationship, Grace and Gabe and the Danielle factor, Pete’s not-so-secret longing for Izzy, again, whatever was going on between Andy and Jenn and Joe and Ashley’s bed quarrels. Probably most importantly, though they would not admit it, was their own relationship and what the future had in store.
Sign up to rate and review this story