Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Can You Keep A Secret?

The Waiting Game

by kviciousbenji 0 reviews

Oh, another chappy? Well why not?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-06-15 - Updated: 2009-06-16 - 816 words

0Unrated
Author's Note!
I'm so so SO sorry I haven't updated! I've just been...well uninspired to be quite honest. I'm seriously winging this whole story but I had no idea where to go with the next chapter and finally it hit me...enjoy


The front door swung open and from where I lay in my bed I heard giggles. I slowly sat up and raised an eyebrow. I lifted my self off the bed and quietly peeked my head out of the door. Ace was standing there at the door giggling as she had her arms around Nick's neck smiling and giggling as he whispered in her ear.
Aw love...
I shook my head with a smile and walked back into my bedroom. I lay back down and shut my eyes attempting to fall asleep but my many attempts were futile. I sat up and looked at my darkened surroundings...
What to do..?
I grabbed my cell phone, flipped it open and began to type a message out to twitter.
The zombie refuses to sleep
I clicked send and within a few moments I recieved a text message from William.
Can't sleep?
I sighed as I replied Attempted to but I just feel...restless
Moments later he responded: Well, what I do in times where I can't sleep is I write. Write whatever comes to your mind. Or watch Pulp Fiction...:)
I giggled and shook my head. I then grabbed my laptop and signed onto iChat. William decided a video chat was in order and sent me an invite. I hit accept and his face appeared on my screen.
"Go to bed," he said with a smile. I smirked and ran my hand through my hair,"You make it sound so easy, Beckett."
He skewed his mouth to the side and tilted his head looking at me.
"What?"
"Wait right there," he said as he moved away from the computer. Once he returned he had an acoustic guitar in hand.
"What are you doing," I asked smiling.
"Well, since you've tried to go to sleep maybe I can sing you to sleep," he replied simply smirking. I shook my head and bit my lip,"William, don't. You don't need to do this for me."
He smiled that brilliant smile looking into the camera,"But I want to."
Just then he started playing "Easy/Lucky/Free" by Bright Eyes and my smile became wider. He was playing one of my favorite songs and he was playing it so beautifully. I was mesmerized...
I lay the laptop on my bedside table faced towards the bed as I lay my head on the pillow watching in silence. My eyes began to feel heavy as he continued and before I knew it I was falling fast asleep. William smiled and disconnected the video feed.
I awoke the next morning to the sounds of Ace warming up her vocals. I shook my head as I looked at the laptop and saw a message from William that he had sent I assumed after I had fallen asleep:
bexsns: Goodnight, my little zombie. Sweet dreams ;)
The smile I had didn't leave my face as I walked into the living room where Ace was singing a song that was unfamiliar to me.
"Whatcha doing," she asked as she sipped her water. I shook my head, still smiling. Ace raised an eyebrow as she set the water bottle onto the table.
"Did something happen yesterday that I should know about," she questioned as she stood next to me. I shook my head once again, still all smiles. She rolled her eyes and began to speak again,"Well if it interests you, Nick and his band A Rocket To The Moon are working on a new record and he asked me last night if you and myself would be interested in doing guest vocals on some of the tracks."
My eyes went wide as I looked her way,"No. No way, you can do. I refuse."
There was no way in hell I would do it. My voice is utter drosh and I don't want to make a full of myself.
"Sonny, breathe! Geeze, look you have to. You have an amazing voice and Nick really wants to hear. Come on, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity," she exclaimed as kept shaking my head. She groaned,"Look, you're doing it whether you want to or not. William Beckett is helping produce the song and you have to be there."
My eyes widened more as I stared ahead of me. Why didn't he mention it? Was he thinking I wouldn't do it if I found out he was producing the song? I didn't know what to think. I sighed and stayed silent for a few moments before nodding my head in agreement.
Ace squealed and wrapped me in a tight hug in excitement.
Please don't choke...
Sign up to rate and review this story