Categories > Comics > X-Men > Eternal Flame

Dream Scream

by slickboy444 0 reviews

Takes place after Ultimate X-men 60. A new force with power similar to the Phoenix begins to manifest in Scott, leading to a confrontation with forces the likes of which the X-men have never faced ...

Category: X-Men - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier, Storm, Wolverine - Published: 2006-03-28 - Updated: 2006-03-28 - 5821 words

0Unrated
Eternal Flame
Chapter 1: Dream Scream


*************************************************

Everything around him was burning. The very air around him feeling scorched and aflame like the surface of the sun. All he could feel was power...Raw, uninhibited, unabated power. It was everywhere from the palm of his hands to the penetrating gaze of his eyes. It was coursing through him as if it were a part of his very being. It was strange, scary, and overwhelming. But at the same time he was enjoying it. It felt both terrible and wonderful...All this energy...All this power.

He wasn't sure where he was, but he knew he was floating in some bright void. It felt as though gravity itself had gone out the window as he hovered in a disoriented state, trying to figure out what was going on here. It didn't make any sense. How did he get here? How did he get this immense power?

Suddenly, as the blinding light surrounding him began to clarify, he was met with a most terrifying sight.

'No...It...It can't be.'

It was all gone. Everything was destroyed. Hovering from high above, he could see the planet Earth before him...Destroyed, decimated, and devastated. Vast fields of death, completely devoid of life, now littered what was once a thriving plethora of life. It was all gone. The world he loved and everybody within it...Utterly wiped out.

"Scott..." came a booming voice from all directions, "Come to me...Embrace me..."

"No..." gasped a young man surrounded by the bright flames of this mysterious, omnipresent power.

"You cannot escape me. You cannot deny me. Come...ACCEPT YOUR DESTINY!"

"NOOOOOOOO!"

*************************************************

Suddenly, with a pained yell that echoed all throughout the halls of the Xavier Institute, Scott Summers, leader of the X-men, shot up from his bed. His hands were clutching his head and his whole body felt as though it was on fire. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't think. He could barely even move.

'Scott...' came a gentle voice in his mind, 'Scott, are you okay?'

He knew who this voice was. Usually, it was a voice that brought him comfort in dark moments such as this. But this time, it was different. This time, he felt no such relief from his tormented state. And as he had at so many other points in his life, he completely shut everything out.

While still on his bed trying to recollect his thoughts, the door to his room suddenly opened and a few familiar faces stepped in.

"Scott...Scott, what happened? What's wrong?" asked Professor Charles Xavier, founder and headmaster of the institute.

Bound by a wheelchair, the crippled man made his way over towards his first student. Following close behind him was a beautiful, yet anxious looking redhead. She was Jean Grey, also known as Marvel Girl. And Scott Summers was her boyfriend.

Behind the two of them, there were also some curious onlookers who had heard the commotion and gotten up to see it. There was Bobby Drake, codename Iceman, the institute's young and half-matured boy with the power to make ice. Next to him stood the tall and imposing Piotr Rasputin, codename Colossus, a Russian born mutant with the power to cover his body in an inpeneratrable, unbreakable layer of metal. And appearing next to him in a puff of smoke was Kurt Wagner, also known as Nightcrawler, a former subject of Weapon X who had a demonic appearance and the power to teleport short distances.

"Dude, what's going on? Did it happen again?" groaned Bobby, looking as though he had just been jolted from a very peaceful sleep.

"Shut up, Bobby!" said Jean in response, shooting him a disgruntled look, "Just go back to bed."

"I knew it. More nightmares," said Kurt to his two friends under his breath.

"Oh man, this is the third time this week!" said Bobby in a tired and exasperated tone, "What is with this place and nightmares? Did the Professor build this mansion on Indian burial grounds or something?"

"I'm not sure, my friend," said Piotr with a tired yawn, "But seeing as how we aren't under attack again, I think I'll take Jean's scowl as a hint and try to get some sleep."

"Ja, me too," said Kurt in agreement, "I think zhey can handle it from here."

Taking one last look at their bewildered friend, the three boys left Scott's fate to the Professor and Jean. And they would have just let it go from there, but as Bobby had said, this wasn't the first time something like this had happened. In fact, this had been ongoing for weeks now. And as a result, Scott had been growing increasingly distant lately. Again and again, he was having these inexplicable nightmares that were causing him to wake up screaming as if somebody was physically torturing him. It wasn't getting any better. If anything, it was getting worse.

"Oh man! I don't know how much more of this I can take," said Bobby as he dragged himself across the hall with Piotr following close by, "And besides, didn't 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' start out like this?"

"You watch way too many horror movies, Bobby."

"Yeah? Well maybe you're not watching enough. Night big guy."

Once the two boys were back in their rooms, that left both the Professor and Jean to deal with Scott, who was still not coherent after his dream. They kept trying to talk to him, but it was as if he wasn't even aware of where he was. Even with telepathy, he was shutting them out. Or more so, he was locking himself in. It was an all too familiar sight...Especially to Jean Grey, who had endured an all too familiar experience with the Phoenix Force.

"Scott...Scott, babe, it's me," said Jean, getting up on the bed and wrapping her arms around her boyfriend's trembling body.

"Jean..." he managed to get out, swallowing hard as he began to take in his surroundings, realizing that he was back in his bed and not flying over a decimated wasteland.

"It's okay, Scott...It's okay. I'm here."

He felt as though he had just come out of a sauna. His whole body was racked with a thick layer of sweat. He was burning up, short of breath, and practically shaking as if he had just received a hard shock to his system. Such symptoms were not lost upon Professor Xavier, who had dealt with this situation before when Jean was still struggling with the Phoenix. And with the memory of what the Phoenix had done still fresh in his mind, the powerful telepath was intent on preventing a similar event from taking place.

"Scott, tell me what happened. What did you see this time?" said the Professor as he watched him cling to his girlfriend.

"I...I don't know," said Scott, sounding both anxious and frustrated, "It's that damn nightmare again!"

"Again?" said Jean, knowing exactly what he was referring to, "You mean the one with all the fire?"

"Yes, but it was different this time! It was so real. I could see the whole planet...As if I was flying through space or something. And it was...Destroyed...Decimated. It looked like somebody had thrown the whole thing in an oven and cooked it like a Thanksgiving turkey."

This disturbing description caused Professor Xavier to ponder for a brief moment. For weeks now, Scott had been experiencing these so called 'dreams' as they were. They started off light and always seemed to involve this strange fire or light, but now it was getting more complex. Now there were actual images coming out with these dreams...Images that couldn't possibly be mere coincidence.

But there was more to the dream...A lot more in Scott's mind. And this is what made it the most disturbing to date.

"There was also a voice," he said, the enigmatic words he had heard in his dream still echoing through his mind.

"Voice?" said Jean curiously, a slight chill running up and down her spine.

"Yeah, this...I don't know what it was, but it was calling out to me. It kept saying things like come to me or embrace me."

"Embrace?"

"Yeah, but that's just it...I felt as though I was already embracing it. I mean, it was as if this...Thing was a part of me. I've never felt so much power before. It was as if I was some kind of god or something. But after I heard that voice it...It all gets a little fuzzy."

Scott stopped after that, simply taking several deep breaths in an effort to collect himself. He was tired, anxious, and deeply frustrated. Ever since these dreams had begun, he had been unable to get a full night's sleep. Hell, he hadn't even been able to get a half night's sleep and at the rate he was going, he would be a full fledged insomniac in no time.

He stayed close to Jean, who had been the only one he really allowed to get close to him since this whole ordeal began. They had been dating for months now and their relationship had grown quite strong, especially after what happened with Wolverine and the Phoenix. But now it seemed as though something else was trying to hinder their elusive happiness.

"Hmm..." said the Professor, finding this all the more intriguing, "Scott, why don't you come to my study? Perhaps I can use my powers to decipher what this voice means."

"Decipher? Yeah, sure, whatever..." muttered Scott, not sounding too optimistic as he dragged his tired body out of bed.

"Very well. And Jean, I think it would be best if you returned to bed."

"What? No way!" shot Jean in response, "Why can't I help with this Professor? It's not like I don't have experience with nightmares and voices."

"Which is exactly why I think you should sit this out," he said in a more stern tone, "Whatever these dreams are, I don't want them triggering another episode."

As much as Jean respected Professor Xavier, he did have quite a knack for trying her patience when it came to certain matters, namely those having to do with her ever volatile powers. But this was different. Scott needed her and she was going to help him. That, and she just couldn't shake the feeling that there was something to this that just didn't seem right for some reason.

"Oh come on, Professor! I told you before! I have control now! I'm not going all Carrie White anymore! And besides, this is probably the one thing that I probably know about even more than you, so I'm staying to help, got it?"

As if to explicate her point, Jean took Scott's hand and gave it a firm squeeze. It was a gesture that made the young man ease up a bit, but it didn't seem to sit well with the Professor. He had already spent innumerable hours with Jean trying to manage whatever this force inside her was and the last thing he wanted was to deal with her and Scott at the same time. But given that Jean had a knack for being stubborn, the Professor chose not to argue with her on this matter. He neither had the time, nor the patience.

"Fine, you can help. But I don't want you giving any telepathic assistance, okay? One mind is difficult enough to decipher."

"Okay, I understand," said Jean, forcing herself to remain calm for Scott's sake.

"Very well...Now come Scott, let us see if we can't uncover this precarious dream of yours."

*************************************************

Later in the Professors office, Scott found himself sitting back on one of the comfortable chairs with his eyes closed and his mind open. While he never really liked to let anybody in his mind, for the sake of finding some much needed answers to this damn dream, he was willing to do whatever was necessary. Jean was standing off to the side, acting only as an outside observer and a supporter for her boyfriend as she watched his tense form sink further into a state of induced relaxation.

"That's it, Scott," said the Professor as he encouraged his first student to relax, "Breathe deep and keep your eyes closed. I want you to focus only on the sound of my voice. Try not to think about anything and keep your mind open. Let me look into your thoughts. Let me see what it is that you've experienced in these dreams of yours."

A slight sigh escaped from the young man as his body continued to sink into the chair. Having already done this on a few occasions with the Professor after his nightmares began, he was somewhat used to this feeling. He tried to empty his mind and let the Professor do his thing while Jean anxiously watched.

Finally, the Professor could sense that his mind was ready and his usually stiff mental shielding was down so he could make his way inside his tormented mind.

"Okay Scott. Now I'm going to look into your mind. I'm going to bring back that dream. Just stay relaxed and remain calm. It'll all be over soon."

Armed with some of the best telepathy in the psychic world, Professor Charles Xavier placed his hands on his temples and entered the mind of his first student. At first it was fairly uneventful, going through the usual layers of consciousness from some of his past memories to his emotions and personality traits. Already he could sense that he was not in a very strong state. There was anxiety and frustration everywhere, but this only served to heighten the Professor's curiosity as he followed it deeper and deeper into the depths of his mind...Until finally, he found what he was looking for.

'The dream...I can feel it, but...'

Suddenly, the Professor's probe was hit with a sudden burst that he had not experienced before during other such sessions. It was as if everything around him had suddenly caught fire and he was taken by complete surprise. On the outside, the Professor's brow tightened somewhat as he struggled to maintain his focus, but the longer he stayed the more he was bombarded by these strange and inexplicable forces. Suddenly, he was able to make out a few fuzzy images.

'No...' he thought as he gasped at what he sensed.

Darkness...Destruction...Devastation...Decimation...It was even more horrific than Scott had described. He could see the whole world in a state of complete and utter destruction. But at the same time, there was also a feeling of great euphoria. It was as if this great power brought both joy and sorrow simultaneously. Everything was in complete and utter chaos. So much power...So much energy...It all seemed too fantastic to ascertain.

Then he heard it...The booming voice that hung so strong in Scott's mind. It was calling out to him.

"Scott...Feel the power! Creation and destruction...The light that feeds all life...BECOME THE POWER!"

"NOOOOOO!"

Suddenly, the Professor was thrust out of Scott's mind as he let out another tortured yell. His body was now contorting and struggling as he tried to shake his head clean of these images. As soon as Xavier managed to collect himself, he saw Jean at Scott's side trying to sooth his demeanor. He was still struggling and gasping for air, as if he was suffocating or choking. But he had seen exactly what he had wanted to and he got more than he ever could have bargained for.

"Professor, what the hell happened? What did you do?!" demanded Jean as she struggled to get him to calm down.

Looking back on what he had seen, Professor Charles Xavier was in a state of both confusion and shock. But it wasn't just because of what he had sensed, it was more so what he was reminded of when he felt this...Whatever it was. Looking back at Jean, he vividly recalled what he saw in her mind when he worked with her to stop the Phoenix from taking her over. And what he had just felt within Scott felt very similar...Too similar in fact.

"Professor..."

"I think I need to do some research with this," said the Professor as he wheeled out from behind his desk, his voice wrought with a new sense of anxiety as the voice that he had heard in Scott's head echoed through his mind.

"Research?" said Scott, who was still breathing hard in an effort to catch his breath, "What do you mean? What did you see? Just what the hell is this damn thing that won't leave me alone?!"

"Scott, please! Try and calm yourself," coaxed the Professor, "Getting worked up about it is only going to make things worse. Now I sensed something...Something very powerful that I cannot yet explain. I have my suspicions, but I must look into this more deeply if I'm to find the answers you want."

Scott found himself clutching his head, feeling all the more aggravated by this incessant dream. He was so tired. All he wanted was a peaceful sleep. Was that really so much to ask? Why was this thing attacking him of all people? What was so special about some orphan boy from Alaska?

"Try to get some sleep, my boy. I know it sounds difficult now, but you must try and rest. I will try and find some answers, but for now you just need to get whatever sleep you can. And if you want, I can give you some sleep aids if it will..."

"No Professor. It's alright," sighed Scott with a tired sigh, "I'll manage. I just...This dream..."

"I know. And rest assured, I will find out more. You have my word."

That was good enough for Scott, for if he couldn't find the answers, then maybe the Professor will. Regardless of what certain people thought of him, namely the likes of Nick Fury of SHIELD, he still believed him to be a sincere man. And regardless of what was going during times of uncertainty, he was still a man of his word.

Scott took comfort in that as he felt Jean take him by the arm and lead him out of the room. He barely had the strength to move on his own, but thanks to Jean's support, he managed as best he could.

"Come on, babe. You're going to get some sleep if it kills me," said Jean, trying to lighten things up slightly.

"Yeah...Easier said than done."

Once the young couple was gone, Professor Charles Xavier found himself rubbing his sore temples as he reflected on what had just happened. The images from Scott's mind still hung very vividly in his head, but he wasn't quite sure what to make of them. The real disturbing part, however, was that this wasn't the first time he had encountered such a phenomenon. In fact, he was quite familiar with it after having dealt with Jean and the Phoenix Force.

Scott's situation was just too similar to be a coincidence. There had to be something more to it...But what?

"What is going on here?" he pondered aloud to himself as he reached into his desk and pulled out a book given to him by Thor of the Ultimates on ancient mythology, "First the Phoenix, now this? What does it mean? And why Scott? I wonder..."

*************************************************

Back in Scott's room, he and Jean were sitting silently on his bed. As tired as he was, Scott couldn't just go back to sleep as if nothing had happened. He couldn't hide how much his nightmare had affected him even though he had been trying quite hard over the past few weeks. But as Jean well knew, he wasn't having much success.

"Scott...Are we even going to talk about it?" asked Jean, scooting in closer to her boyfriend, trying to lend what comfort she could.

Scott just let out a dry laugh.

"Funny, didn't we have this same conversation a few months ago after that whole helicopter incident?"

"Scott! I'm being serious here!" shot Jean in response, frustrated by Scott's continued stubbornness, "You think I don't understand what's going on here? You think that after what I lived through with the Phoenix, I don't know what it's like?"

Scott didn't argue any further, for he didn't have the strength at this point.

"Scott...I'm really worried about you," she continued, her voice shifting to a more compassionate and affectionate tone, "This is really starting to scare me. I started having dreams like this and look what it led to."

"Yeah, I know. I remember. But this isn't the same."

"Is it, Scott?" she said, wrapping her arms around his neck and drawing him closer to her warmth, "Then let me prove it...In that dream, you were scared. Deny it all you want, but you were really scared about what was happening to you. You felt all this power...All this strength. It was as if you could do anything you wanted and you had absolutely no control. But that's not what was scary...What really made it hurt was that you liked it. As scary as it was, a part of you liked it...Maybe a little too much."

This caused Scott to reconsider Jean's words as he turned to face her. As much as he wanted to believe that this was something totally unrelated, the look in her eyes said otherwise. She hadn't even been inside his mind like the Professor had and she probably understood the dream more than he did.

The look on his face shifted as he pulled his girlfriend into a tight embrace, simply wanting something to hold onto. He may not have been one to show a great deal of emotion, but around Jean he was not afraid to let it out. And especially during times like this, he needed her now more than ever.

"It felt good, Jean. As much as I hate to admit it, it felt really good to just...Lose control," he found himself saying, the images of the dream once again flashing in his mind.

"I know. It really does mess with you, doesn't it? It's terrifying and joyous at the same time."

"Yeah, and I think that alone was scarier than the voice that was calling out to me," said Scott, the sound of that booming tone still echoing through his mind.

A heavy silence fell over the young couple as they found themselves simply sitting on his bed, remaining in their strong embrace. Neither of them wanted to let go, as if it were their last grip on sanity. Jean could feel the anxiety, frustration, and fear pouring off of him in waves. He was trying to suppress it, but that voice just kept ringing in his head.

His thoughts were never this chaotic before. Jean knew Scott better than anybody and he probably had the more focused, organized mind in the whole mansion. But to sense all this inner turmoil was just heart wrenching for the young redhead who had already dealt with enough struggle and strife after all the toil she had experienced with the Phoenix. She didn't want him of all people to go through the same mess that she had dealt with. He had suffered enough over the years. But whatever this thing was, it seemed hell bent on pushing Scott to his limits.

"What do you think that voice was?" said Jean, finally breaking the silence as she looked back up at her distraught boyfriend.

"Can't say for certain..." muttered Scott in a frustrated tone, "But whatever it was, it felt as though it knew me or something."

"Knew you?"

"Yeah, but the strange thing was...It felt like I knew it as well. I know it sounds weird, but..."

"Scott, believe me...It's not. At least to me it isn't. I remember feeling the same way whenever I had my...Episodes."

"And that's part of what's bugging me, Jean," said Scott, once again feeling dazed under the strain of his own mind, "I mean, first you have this...Thing with the Phoenix. And now something that feels remarkably similar is happening to me. I'm not even telepathic for crying out loud and it's happening to me! And I don't know why!"

"Yeah, I know how you feel," said Jean, gently runner her hand along his chest in an effort to sooth away some of his anxiety, "You feel like the unluckiest human being on the face of the planet. You feel as though nobody understands and you're all alone in the world. You don't know why it's happening, you don't know what it means, and no matter how hard you try, you just can't deal with it."

Upon hearing that, Scott actually cracked a smile...A gesture that surprised even him to a great extent since he had so little to smile about these past few weeks. But he actually managed to take a great deal of comfort in Jean's words, for it reminded him that he wasn't alone. The Professor may have been oblivious and the rest of the team may have turned a blind eye towards him, but Jean truly understood him...Making him feel all the more grateful that he had her in his life.

"Yet you still learned to manage it," he said, causing Jean to smile back.

"To some extent...Yeah, I do. But it's still a struggle...Knowing that I have this 'thing' inside me that I can't escape."

"So how do you do it?"

"By taking it one day at a time..." she said, resting her head on his shoulder, savoring the warmth of his strong body, "In working with the Professor, I've learned to take each moment as it comes. I know this power is strong, but I have to believe that I'm stronger. It has gotten better, but still...It's something I know I have to deal with."

Another silence fell over the two as they stayed in an embrace. Soon, they found themselves laying back on Scott's bed with Jean now resting her body atop his and letting him hold her in his arms so he could still grasp that small piece of sanity that she knew was so important to him.

"Don't worry, babe. You'll beat this, I know you will," she said as she snuggled up against him.

"I don't know, Jean. I'm not even sure what it is these dreams mean," he said, his hands now gently resting on her lower back.

"Hey, whatever this thing is, I have faith that you'll beat it. If I can do it, so can you."

That earned her another smile. Looking back down at her, he felt some of the tension ease and he actually began to relax once more. Jean's words really did seem to go a long way for him...More so than even she had expected. They were both still hoping that whatever this was, it was nothing like the Phoenix. But for now, they simply took comfort in one another's presence, hoping that whatever it was that was tormenting him, they would overcome it.

"Thanks Jean," he said softly.

"Hey, just doing what any good girlfriend should for her boyfriend."

"I love you."

"I know...I love you too. And like you once said, I'll always be here for you."

"And so will I..."

The young couple then met in a deep kiss...One that seemed to have a calming effect on the both of them. Here they were, both haunted by some strange, malevolent voice that was haunting their dreams night after night, but at least they still had something to draw strength from. It was still unclear what it was they were up against, but hopefully their answers would come in due time. For now, they just wanted to rest.

"You want me to stay here with you for the night?" asked Jean as they parted from the kiss.

"Are you sure?" he asked, still the concerned boy scout even in times like this.

"Of course," she said, planting one last reassuring kiss on his cheek before resting her head on his chest, "Like I said, you're going to get some sleep if it kills me."

And without another word, the young couple began to nod off together, not knowing where these strange dreams would lead them, but remaining hopeful that whatever it was, they would face it together.

*************************************************

Miles away in the grim and gritty inner city of New York, there stood a cheap looking hotel that had clearly seen better days. It was run down, dirty, and in a not so friendly neighborhood where the sound of gunshots echoing through the night was not unusual. It was cloudy and dreary outside for the most part and on the inside, it was relatively quiet with most of the hotel guests fast asleep.

In one of the rooms on the third floor, however, there remained one such soul who had no inclination or desire to sleep. He was in one of the nicer rooms...Well, at least as 'nice' as they could get in a place like this. There were two twin beds, a private bathroom, and a window that looked out over the street below. In those two beds, however, there were four fully nude women, hookers to be precise. They were all fairly attractive and looked somewhat higher priced than casual street whores, but they were all fast asleep, looking as thought had been completely worn out by another hard night's work.

Sitting on the foot of one of the beds was a lone man wearing nothing but a pair of white boxer shorts. He bore medium length blonde hair that seemed a bit messy, had a fairly strong, muscular physique, and bore a pair of ominous eyes that seemed to tell the story of countless tragedies. But what seem to stand out most for this man were the mysterious marks her had on his hands and face. On the top of each hand, there were a couple of elaborate looking symbols that seemed to be a vast blend of oriental and Latin origin and over his left eye was a mysterious symbol that seemed to convey a sense of omnipresence...As if there it could see more than the average mortal eye.

He was Jack Robinson, also known as Slayer. He was a mutant, a warrior, and mystic, but there were few people that were even aware of his existence. He lived a life of isolation, forever confined to the shadows. He was a strong fighter who remained dedicated to a cause...A principle...A single underlying truth that bound him to his duty. Unlike most champions of light, he didn't give damn about things like justice, punishment, or revenge. Hell, he didn't even give a shit if he made the world a better place. No, he fought for something much greater than that. He fought for honor.

As he sat on the bed, he casually swirled a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand, periodically taking a few sips every now and then. It was just one of those moments for him where he needed a release, for as a guy who was constantly tortured by his past, it was the only way he could stay sane at times. And usually, this release came in the form of liquor or hours upon hours spent with hookers.

His demeanor was solemn, his expression was emotionless, and his soul was heavy with a thousand burdens. Looking back at the four sleeping women in the beds, he let out a deep sigh as he got up and left the money he owed them for their services on the stand. He hadn't slept in days, but he didn't seem tired in the slightest. If anything, the mere thought of sleep was enough to keep him awake like a gallon of caffeine. No, sleep was the last thing on his mind, for he had work to do.

"Well...Guess its back to the shadows," he said to himself as he took one last sip of his drink and prepared to gather up his things.

Then suddenly, the mark over his eye began to glow a bright red and he let out a pained groan. The half filled bottle of liquor then fell to the carpeted floor, spilling out the rest of the contents while the young man began to inexplicably stumble, as if something was knocking him off balance from within.

"Ugh! What the..."

Then he saw it. Right before his all seeing eye, he saw it. Almost immediately, he managed to regain his balance as the look on his face turned to one of shock and horror. He couldn't believe it. Was what he just saw even possible? No, it couldn't be. No force on the world could...Unless there was something more to it.

Then, he got another quick vision...This time of a place entirely different than before. It resembled a rather large mansion with a rather mysterious, yet very important young man inside. And as soon as his penetrating gaze fell upon him, the mark on his eye flashed again...This time a bright color of gold.

Finally it hit him. He knew what he had to do. What he had seen was unmistakable. It was clear as night and day. And with this new vision as his guide, a look of determination formed upon his young face, for once again it seemed as though the forces of darkness were making their move.

"I can't believe it. After all this time, it's finally here. Horus, the son of light, is finally beginning to manifest. And in Westchester no doubt...Oh well, looks like I've got a job to do. Next stop...The Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters."

*************************************************

AN: It has begun! The seeds have been sewn for yet another vast conflict that's sure to lead to plenty of action! With Scott's dreams and Slayer's vision, you can rest assure that some major complications are brewing! Neither the Professor, nor Scott and Jean for that matter have a clue what's going on. But they'll know soon enough as will the rest of the team! So what do you all think of the first chapter of my story? It's my first Ultimate fic and I really would like to get some feedback! Please send me your reviews via email or post them on the fanfiction website! Either way is fine as long as you REVIEW! Thanks a ton for reading everybody and I wish each and every one of you the best!

THERE'S PLENTY MORE TO COME FOLKS! REVIEW AND YE SHALL FIND OUT MORE!
Sign up to rate and review this story