Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > American Idiot, the Story

Chapter Two:: Track Two- Jesus of Suburbia

by punker62593 1 review

not finished

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2009-06-17 - Updated: 2009-06-17 - 369 words

0Unrated
Track Two:: Jesus of Suburbia

I. Jesus of Suburbia

“Jimmy?”
I knew that voice from a mile away. Carilyn. I stopped right where I was, in an alleyway of the rotten suburbs, the ones they forgot about. Without turning around, I issued my reply.
“Go away, Carilyn,”
Footsteps crunched against the gravel. She tried to put her arms around me.
“I said, GO AWAY!” I turned around sharply, throwing her to the ground. She whimpered softly.
“You had your chance to explain yourself. I want nothing to do with you, you cheating whore,”
“Jimmy…” She whispered my name, as if it were a blessing, or a curse. I began walking away.
“You’re the Jesus of Suburbia, aren’t you,” She said, loud enough for me to hear. “Ain’t been nothin’ but nice to this world, and it just keep shitting on ya, huh? Where’s your fucking cross?”
I stopped again, and turned around, walking back towards her even though I just wanted to get the hell out of there.
“That’s enough,” I said.
“You think you’re dying for everybody’s fucking sins. Think you’re so good, you sonuvabitch--,”
“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Rage consumed me. I slapped her across the face.
“Jimmy… I love you. I always loved you,”
“You call that love? Fucking every guy you can get your filthy hands on? You know what? Maybe that was my mistake, falling in love with you,” I looked away for second, but then turned back to her.
“’Cause the second I did, you went off and found another dick to play with,” I continued, “So don’t you dare give me any bullshit about love,”

I shoved her hard, turning back on my heels, and walking away.
“Remember me, Jimmy,” Carilyn called after me.
Turning around one last time, I replied,
“You don’t deserve a memory,”

I walked back through the alleyway and into the light, the noon sun casting a garish glow on the dusty streets of suburbia. My mind wandered, and my feet found their way to the 7-eleven, the finest establishment of this shit town. I plunked myself down on the curb in front, the place where it all began.
Sign up to rate and review this story