Categories > Original > Drama

Love Knows No Bounds

by AnetteChase 0 reviews

A bisexual teen must deal with the pressures of school and bullies.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-04-05 - Updated: 2006-04-05 - 5606 words - Complete

0Unrated
Okay, there's really not much more to say. The story pretty much speaks for itself. However, if you read this and rate it, I would really appreciate a review so I can know what I did wrong, instead of someone just saying it's a Mary-Sue.

Love Knows No Bounds

I sighed, listening to all the people around me talking about all kinds of stupid stuff. Sports - hah! Who needs 'em? I sure as hell don't. Who am I? Just your average everyday bisexual male - who's terrified of all the jocks. Sure, I've had my fair share of crushes - male and female alike - but here at my school... Well, suffice to say, I'd be dead if anyone here discovered that small aspect of my life. Anyone other than Sam, that is. Sam, or Samantha McCullough as she's known to the substitutes, has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. She's got this gorgeous long blonde hair, deep blue eyes - and scars that cover her from head to foot. Well, not every bit of skin, but there are a lot of sc-
"Hey, Ronnie! Get your ass outta that book!" Ho boy, there he is. Seth, only the best looking guy on the campus. Too bad he's straight. Besides, no matter how nice looking he is (and, believe me, he is. Sam and I both agree on that.), he's an arrogant pig-headed jock like almost the rest of the male population in this school. He hates fags with a flaming passion, and he's extremely well known for it. It's thanks to people like him that people like me have to hide who we really are.
"Why should I? It's not like any of you actually give a rat's ass about me. You all think I'm a fairy for crying out loud!" I rolled my eyes, thinking about how true that statement was.
"Well, maybe we wouldn't if you'd actually do something normal for once, instead of walking around with your head in the clouds." That was Stephanie, one of the many idiotic cheerleader wannabes running about the school. Why is she a wannabe? Hmm, maybe it has to do with the fact that she kinda sorta got caught drinking after the first game of football season, so she got kicked off the team. Since she was kicked off, she's gotten even worse than before, and let me tell you that was quite a feat.
I snorted mentally. 'Yeah, as opposed to going around with your head in the nearest guys pants. No thanks.' I shook my head and answered, "Maybe walking around with my head in the clouds is the only way I can escape you idiots. It's better than talking about throwing a stupid ball around, at any rate."
The group all turned their backs on me and I sighed, yet again. English was the bane of my existence, and it wasn't the subject either. I got straight A's in Mr. Taylor's class, so it wasn't all that difficult. No, the reason I hate my English class is the fact that I have to put up with these people. You'd think that with this being an honors class and all that the teacher's would've cleared out all the idiots. There are people in remedial English down the hall that are more intelligent than half of these fools. A block of cheese would be more intelligent than they are! Of course, this is a small school, so I suppose there's not all that much difference between people around here.
I opened my book to return to the spot I'd been reading before I'd been oh, so rudely interrupted, when Sam ran into the classroom five minutes late.
"I see that you're late, as usual," I muttered while she only grinned.
"Of course! Did you honestly think I'd be on time to Taylor's class? I had to raid the teacher's lounge, after all." She tossed me a package of peanut M&Ms before sitting down in her own desk next to my own. We finished just as Mr. Taylor entered the room.
Mr. Taylor has got to be the coolest teacher in this school. He's the only teacher that we students can really identify with, which might be because he just graduated college himself and all. He's kinda good looking in his own way, though he doesn't have a wife or a girlfriend or anything, which is yet another oddity here at my school. Every teacher in this stupid school system is either married or engaged.
Except Mr. Taylor.
"Everybody, please settle down." Sam and I exchanged glances. We both knew that the likelihood of this class settling down was next to nil. It seemed that Mr. Taylor hadn't quite figured that out yet.


"So, Ron. What'cha doin' this weekend?"
I sighed, glaring at Sam who was sitting on her bed in her bedroom. "Nothing. What do you expect? Honestly! Other than you, no one really cares."
She shook her head, exhaling a puff of smoke. "You'd be surprised to hear who actually cares in this school."
I wrinkled my nose. "Well, what about you? You going out with someone?"
Sam tossed her hair back, smirking at me. "What do you think?"
I shook my head, watching her with worried eyes. "Please, be careful. I don't want to have to patch you up again."
She laughed, not surprisingly. "Don't worry so much, Ronnie! It's not like anyone's going to be able to get to me again."
"You never know. That's how you got caught up in everything the last time." I lay my head down on my arms, eyes pointedly on the cigarette in her hand. "You know your parents will flip if they come in here and see that."
"And your mom won't flip if she finds out you were here?"
"At least I'm not sleeping with some new guy every week."
"You don't even have a guy, genius."
I glared at her, and she had the sense to drop the subject. "Sorry. Anyways, any new news?"
She reached over and pulled out a bottle of nail polish as I 'readied my reply'. "Well, seeing as there hasn't been a single person that's come out in the history of this school, no."
"That would be a great way to go down in history, eh? 'Local Boy Killed By Idiotic Teachers and Jocks. Main story page three, continued on page ten."
"Does our paper even have ten pages?"
We both laughed at that, and Sam set to painting her nails as I got up to leave.
"Do work too hard, okay Ronnie?"
I ruffled her hair, grinning. "Of course I won't. See ya Monday!"


"So, are we gonna do it?"
I blinked at Sam, putting my book down on the desk. "Do what? You need to quit doing that, you know."
Sam shrugged. "Well, we were talking about the Day of Silence. Are we gonna do it or not?"
"Are you insane? If we do that, we'll have the entire school jumping down our throats! You know the attitude of this school as well as I do, Sam. If we participated in the day of silence, we'd have Seth and his little band of cronies trying to kill us or burn us at the stake or something, you know it! And besides that-"
"Ronnie, just admit it. You're scared."
"Damn right, I'm scared! You're not-not like me." I looked over in the corner where the jocks and preps had gathered again. "You're normal, you're straight. They won't try and kill you."
Sam sighed, rolling her eyes as Mr. Taylor entered the room. "Ron, you realize that they're going to assume I'm a lesbian since I'm participating, don't you?"
"But you're not. They know your not, you're infamous for your weekend exploits." I got up from my desk, and we went up to the computer lab to work on our research papers. Being the absolute genius that I am, I still didn't have a topic. Sam, on the other hand, already had hers done. She took my topic, the lazy brat. She got to do same-sex marriage, while I still had nothing to do.
"Well, even if everyone knows that, you know how people talk here. They'll say I'm bi or something like that. Look, Ronnie. You're not going to be alone, I promise. I'm gonna do it whether you do or not. I just want some company."
I sighed. "Alright, Sam. I'll do it. Now, help me come up with a topic!"
"You could always fall back on the whole 'under God' schimella. That would be a good topic."
"Oh, yeah. A few people raising hell about saying 'under God' in the pledge would make such an interesting topic! I really don't see what the fuss is about. If they don't wanna say it, then they don't have to say it! I don't, and look at me."
"But, we've got Mr. Taylor. Last year, I had Mrs. Lackey. She forced everyone to say the pledge."
We sat at a couple of computers and set to work on finding a topic that I could write about.


Of course, I had to do the pledge topic. A few weeks passed, and our papers were due. By some freak of nature, my paper got a good grade. Not as good as Sam, but Sam's a law unto herself.
Speaking of which-
"Hey, isn't today, like, Gay Day?" Sigh. There's Stephanie, right on cue.
'No,' I think. 'It's the Day of Silence, you imbecile. Oh, just you wait. When you come asking for help on your pre-cal, I'm not gonna do it.'
The entire class was staring pointedly at me and Sam, who had kept her mouth shut as well. Let me tell ya, that's an incredibly hard feat right there. Sam's a motor mouth; she can't keep anything to herself.
I grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled on it, then went up to Mr. Taylor.
'Can you please tell everyone to shut up? We can't talk today, and they're really bugging me.'
Mr Taylor smiled at me and told the class to sit down. I smiled, thinking that he'd get them to shut up about the whole 'Gay Day' thing, at least.
Boy was I wrong.
"Today is not 'Gay Day', Stephanie. It is called the Day of Silence. Yes, it does have something to do with the gay community, but it is not exclusively for gay people."
"We need to gather all the gay people and stuff 'em in a boat or somethin'." Ah, Seth. If only you weren't so stupid. "They don't need to contaminate the rest of us."
"Well, there's nothing really wrong with gay people."
My jaw dropped. Was that, of all people, Nakona? She was the third chair flute in the band, and everyone loved her. However, she was a very devout Christian, and she even made me do push-ups for saying damn. But, here she is, defending gay people although her religion as a whole is against us!
"They have a problem, yes, but that is something they have to work out on their own. Gay people are people like us. They shouldn't be allowed to get married or anything, but they are still human."
Wearily, I sighed. 'So, she still doesn't like people like me, but at least she admits we're human. That's better than Seth with his whole, 'let's stick 'em on a boat' idea.' I grabbed another piece of paper and wrote, 'How typical. At least she's not yelling 'let's burn them at the stake!''
Sam sighed, nodding, and wrote back. 'Tomorrow's gonna be hell for us, isn't it, Ronnie?'
'If only that weren't so. At least Mr. Taylor will defend us.'
'Of course he will. He's gay, too.'


I pulled Sam aside the moment school ended. "What the hell do you mean, Mr. Taylor's gay? Are you sure? How do you know?"
Sam shrugged. "He told me the other day. That's why he doesn't have a girlfriend or anything. His brother's married to my sister, so we know each other outside of school."
"Oh... I still can't believe Nakona was defending us. Well, me anyway."
"No, us. I...well, I think you can guess, Ronnie. I am, too."
"Wait, Sam!"
Sam had run off, leaving me alone for the long walk home.


'Today's been a helluva day.' I typed, sinking into my computer chair. 'First, we had the whole Day of Silence thing, during the course of which I nearly got killed by, of all people, my Psychology teacher. That was funny and scary all at once. Then, I find out that Sam's, like, Mr. Taylor's sister-in-law. That's it, isn't it? I mean, if his brother and her sister are married, that makes them in-laws. And of course, we can't forget Nakona defending us. That was great. Oh, and Sam's bi, too. Fun day, wasn't it?
Of course, Mr. Pontis, the Psychology teacher, started quoting scriptures at me. Guess being the only open (well, semi-open) non-Christian in the school doesn't help you much on the Day of Silence. Especially when everyone and their dog thinks that Day of Silence = Gay Day. Now, I've got Mr. Pontis and Nakona both trying to 'save my soul'. Fun, fun.
Why didn't Sam say anything about being bi earlier? She's known about me for a couple of years now! She should know I wouldn't tell anyone. We've gotta stick together! 'Sides, it's not like she has to worry about being beat up or anything. Straight guys seem obsessed with lesbians, and most of them don't realize that it's stupid to call a bisexual woman a lesbian.
Oh, those were the days! Back when I was nothing more than a confused little freshman. Oh, what was her name? Danielle? She nearly shoved her drumsticks up Darnel's-well, suffice to say, it wouldn't have been pleasant. Unless he was secretly gay, which wouldn't surprise me. Oh, the things I've heard about him from college!'
"Ronnie! Get your rear in gear and fix supper!"
I sighed. 'I was finally getting my thoughts out, too! Thanks a lot, mom.'


Supper had just finished when the telephone rang. I ran to get it, hoping my mom wouldn't get pissed. She doesn't like for people to call us, for some strange reason...
I picked up the receiver. "Hello?"
"Ronnie?" It was Sam. "Ronnie, can you come over?"
There was a trace of panic in her voice. "Why, what's going-"
"I'll explain when you get over here, can you come?"
I nodded. "Yeah, I'll just have to get past my mom. Shouldn't be too hard-"
"Ron! I'm going to the bar!"
I grinned. "Saved by the bar! I'll be over there in a bit, Sam. You're at home, right?"
"Yeah. Please, hurry! I-I don't want to be alone."
"Shh, don't worry, Sam." I tried to comfort her. "I'll be there as soon as I can. Do I need to bring anything special? First aid kit? Pack of cigarettes?"
"No, just get over here."
"Right." I hung up the telephone and waited until I was sure my mom was gone before picking up my jacket and walking over to Sam's house.


The sight that was waiting for me was horrible, but I should have halfway expected it. Sam was sitting in her room, at her desk, sobbing. She would have even more scars on her arms and legs now, the poor girl. It appeared that she'd gotten in a fight with someone, and it didn't take a genius to figure out who.
"It was Seth and his gang, wasn't it?" I asked softly, only getting a nod and a sob out of Sam. I grabbed a chair from the kitchen and sat next to her, trying to find some way to comfort her.
'At least it's nowhere near as bad as it was when she broke up with David. His group...they were ruthless. Seth's cronies only beat her up. David's group...they did the worst thing possible to her. If I had any of those assholes here in front of me...' I had to hide a growl. Sam hated it when I got protective of her, said that she didn't need a baby-sitter.
"When did it happen?" I asked, trying to be as gentle as I could.
"A-about half an hour b-before I-before I called you." She sniffed, trying to talk. "Th-they said, they said I was nothing more than a-than a whore. That I needed to-to go crawl in a hole somewhere and die."
"They're just trying to break you. You know that. You and I both know they've all slept with more people than you have. You, at least, have some standards. You may sleep around a bit, but you don't go doing everything that moves. Remember that-you've got standards, they don't."
That got a weak laugh out of her. "Coming from one of the few virgins in the school?"
I grinned, glad that she could make a joke already. "Yes. I may not have been with anyone, but that's 'cause I'm smart. I don't need anyone dragging up dirt on me, I'm keeping my nose clean." I winked, putting a finger on the side of my nose, getting another weak laugh out of her.
"Ronnie," she paused. "Ronnie, you're a good friend. Most people wouldn't have helped me through all the stuff I've had to go through."
"It's nothin', don't worry about it. I'm sure you'd've done the same for me." She gave me a strange look, but remained silent for a moment.
"So, do you want some help patching up?"
"That'd be great."
I walked into the bathroom to find her first-aid kit, and came back a few moments later. We got her patched up, and she sent me on my way, grinning like she usually does.
However, that wasn't the end of the night for me.
"Hey, Ronnie!"
'Why is it that Seth is a continuous pain in the ass? Every time he talks, something goes wrong. If he'd just shut up, he'd be perfect-Gah! Not now, Ronnie! Get your head out of the gutter!'
"What do you want, Seth?" I asked, sighing.
"Why do you hang out with that whore?"
My eyes narrowed. "What's it to you? That's none of your business."
He stepped towards me, and I took a step back. "It is my business to know all the fags and dykes here in this town. The likes of you aren't welcome here."
Rolling my eyes, I replied, "Oh, how amazing. You can say more than one sentence. And just what do you mean by 'the likes of me'? Am I infected with some sort of disease or something?"
"You're a fag, that's all that needs to be said."
"According to you."
Seth's cold blue eyes narrowed, and I could feel the anger radiating off of him in waves. "You are not welcome here. Leave this place and never return."
"If I could have done that, I'd've gone years ago instead of putting up with all the bullshit you and your friends have put me through. Do you think I asked to be this way? Do you? Let me tell you, Seth. If I could have been born differently, I would have. I would've been saved so much pain, I wouldn't have had to deal with all this. I wouldn't have to see my mother suffer and drink herself to death, I wouldn't have to see Sam with all those scars all over her from you and other jerks like you-" 'And herself, too.' "-I wouldn't have to put up with this hypocritical 'good Christian' town! 'Cause, really, that's what you all are, hypocrites! You people are supposed to believe in no premarital sex and all that, yet you all are the ones who've lost your virginity. Whereas, I don't have any such beliefs, and I'm still a virgin-"
"Yet, you preach tolerance. You and the dyke."
I growled. "Sam's not a dyke."
Seth sneered. "Prove it."
"How am I supposed to do that?"
He smirked. "Go sleep with her."
"There is no way in hell that I'm going to sleep with Sam! She's my best friend, she's like a sister! I don't have to do anything for you." I turned to walk around him, wanting to get home so I could sleep or get on the computer. Besides, I knew that if I didn't get out of there, I wouldn't have a bat's chance in hell of escaping if he called his 'little buddies.'
Unfortunately, Seth had other ideas.
"Get him!"
Before I could say anything more, I was hit hard in the back of the head and I turned to see large person. My vision was a bit blurry, so I couldn't quite place who it was. "That hurt! What the hell was that for?" I yelped, knowing exactly what was going on, but attempting to distract them so I could get away.
The large guy turned to look at me and a sneer appeared on his face. "Well, well, Ronald Stewart. Heard you were a fag." He placed a hand to his heart and feigned concern. "Poor, poor Ronnie...And here I was, defending you."
The voice nearly made my heart stop. I knew who that was, and there was nothing but trouble awaiting me. It was David, Sam's ex. He was ten times as bad as Seth, and unlike Seth, who was more of a runner than a muscle guy, this jerk had the strength to hurt me. With his bare hands. I didn't even think about what he could do with a knife.
I swallowed hard and did my best to not look stupidly at the ground. David smirked and grabbed me by the collar and lifted me clean off the ground. 'Damn my father for cursing me with his short genes!' I closed my eyes as he slammed me against the wall of the nearest house. Keeping my eyes closed and my mouth shut, I prayed fervently that someone would hear all this, though deep in my heart I knew that no one would.
I was tossed to the ground, and another one of the jocks kicked me in the side. I staggered to my feet and tried to run, but yet another jock stopped me by sticking his foot out and tripping me. I felt the teeth falling out of my mouth on impact, and I groaned.
"Had enough, fairy?" Seth taunted. 'Well, I think so, moron. Does anyone enjoy getting the living daylights beat out of them?!' Of course, I wasn't stupid enough to actually say that. Sam would have. My thoughts wandered as the group continued to beat me. Eventually, I was nothing more than a sobbing puddle laying there on the ground. Then, I vaguely heard, "Say goodbye, faggot," before someone hit me in the head again, and I knew no more.


I awoke to hear someone sobbing near me. I opened my eyes and couldn't see anything. 'It must still be dark,' I reasoned. Then, I reached out to see if I could figure out who it was that was sobbing beside me. There was a gasp, then, "Ronnie! You're okay!"
I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around me, and I grunted. "Sam? What in the hell is going on? Where are we?"
The arms vanished and Sam said, "You're in the hospital. You were in pretty bad shape when we found you a couple of nights ago. The doctors said that you wouldn't be awake for another couple of days. Just shows ya how wrong the doctors can be, eh?"
Blinking, I thought, 'Even though it's night time, shouldn't I be able to see outlines or something?' Nervously, I licked my lips.
"Oh, do you want me to go get you something to drink? I could bring you something for lunch, if you want."
"Lunch? What do you mean, lunch? It's pitch-dark!"
'It's never pitch-dark in a hospital!'
"Ronnie? What are you talking about? It's one o'clock in the afternoon and it-oh. You...you can't see. Can you."
The way she said it made it clear that it was not a question. I raised an eyebrow and turned toward the direction of her voice - she had moved away from me. "No. I can't."
"The-the doctors said that you might not be able to. We were more worried about you living. If it was a choice between loosing your sight and loosing your eyes, we all know what you would have chosen. Who would rather die that live in a world without sight?"
'Oh, Sam! You don't know me at all! I would rather die than not be able to see again! Oh, no... I-I'll never see again. Never.'
"Ronnie? Ronnie?" Sam moved closer to me, I could hear her footsteps as well as her voice coming nearer. "You want me to go get you some food?"
Numbly, I nodded.


'Everything I ever wanted out of life-gone! All because of one bully and his brainless thugs. Just the most hellish hour of my life, and now I've got nothing left. Nothing.'
"Ronnie..."
It was my mom. My dear mother who had done nothing but weep inconsolably ever since she'd been allowed in my room. There was still some trembling in her voice as she spoke. "Yeah, mom?"
"I-I'm so sorry-"
"Mom, if you don't shut up, I'm gonna send you out of here and tell the nurses to not let you in anymore! You've already said that at least twenty times a day since I woke up, and it's getting old."
Silence. Followed by shuffling footsteps, and the door opening and closing.
'Damn... I didn't mean to make her leave, she was just getting on my nerves. I mean, honestly! She's been doing nothing but apologizing for being a horrible mother for the past three days!'
Moments later, I heard the door open again, and I felt a hand on my arm.
"Ronnie?"
"Who's there?"
"I...I'm a friend."
"Is it you, Mr. Taylor?"
He sighed. "Yes, it's me. How're you doing?"
"Hm, let's see. I've been beaten nearly to death by a gang of bullies who are all jocks, nearly died, and I'm now blind and having to put up with hospital food! I'm peachy keen, how about you?"
Mr. Taylor chuckled. "That's the spirit, Ronnie. Don't let them keep you down. You're being switched to home-bound and the other teachers decided that they didn't feel up to the challenge that teaching you would present."
I snorted. "Like that's a surprise. I'm practically out now, whether or not I like it. The teachers won't want anything to do with me." I smiled grimly. "Neither will most of the students, for that matter."
"Sam and some of the other students are trying to raise money to help pay for your hospital bills, actually. You have quite a few supporters at the school, including myself."
"How is Sam?" I asked, sincerely curious. I didn't really care for much of anything, anymore... "I haven't heard from her since I woke up here."
"She's doing okay. The rest of your class either supports her or tries to get to her in some way on a daily basis. Thankfully, no one has tried anything physically since the day you..." He trailed off, and I knew exactly what he was talking about.
"Since the day I was stripped of my sight."
"Yes."
There was silence for a few minutes, and I noticed that I could hear everything going on in the hall.
"Ronnie...I've got to go. They're expecting me back at the school. I just thought I'd check up on you."
I nodded. "Go, I'll be alright. And tell the doctors to let me out of here!"
Mr. Taylor laughed, and the slight pressure that had been on my arm was gone as he stood up and left the room.
However, he didn't shut the door behind him.


'If I ever get my hands on Seth and those other jerks, I'm seriously going to murder them...' I growled. I was still stuck in this damn bed, I had been ever since I woke up. I hated not knowing for certain if a person was or wasn't in the room, and it was a decidedly creepy feeling. Calling out, 'Who's there?' had gotten old real fast. I was reluctant to ask, but it seemed I had no choice.
"Who's there?"
I felt a light brush against my arm that could have been nothing more than the wind. Then, "I am."
I had to struggle not to roll my eyes. "Like that tells me anything."
A deep chuckle. "You have never met me, and you probably will never meet me again, Ronald Stewart. Not until it is time."
"Time? Talk in plain English, you're freaking me out."
That chuckle again. It would be so easy to love that voice, British accent and all. "Who I am is not important. What is important is that you get yourself back together. Loosing your sight is not the end of the world, young one."
"Oh, really? That's what you say, Mr. Mystery Man. A blind man cannot paint, or draw, or anything else like that. A blind man cannot read music, there's no braille for musical notes."
I heard him sigh. "You must see that there is more to life than what can be seen, else you shall not live your life to its fullest." I bristled a bit at that comment, but before I could say anything more, he continued. "You must learn that the most important thing in life is love, and love knows no bounds. Age does not matter, nor sexuality, nor blindness or any other thing that sets humans apart. Those are what makes each and every person that walks this Earth unique. Those differences are what make relationships possible, whether the relationship is that of a parent and child, a teacher to a student, a friend to another friend, or a pair of lovers." Even though I'd never seen this man before, I got the impression that he was smiling.
"You-you're not-" I felt a faint brush against my lips, then I heard that deep chuckle yet again.
"Love knows no bounds, Ronnie. None."
I felt a breeze, then he, whoever he was, was gone.
"Ronnie!" The sound of running feet, and a whirlwind also known as Sam attached herself to my arm. "Ronnie, I've been waiting to see you, but my parents wouldn't let me come up here. Are you okay?"
"I-I think so..." I trailed off as I placed my hand on my lips, stunned. This guy, whoever he was, had just stolen my first kiss!
A cry of surprise came from my left, where Sam was sitting I assumed. "Oh, look! It's such a beautiful feather!"
I blinked at her. "Feather?"
"Oh, sorry. Yeah, there's this giant white feather next to your right hand."
My right hand. That was where the Mystery Guy had been. Was he..? 'Nah, he couldn't have been. There's just no way...'


That was all a few decades ago, back when I was young and full of life. Now, I'm standing before those pearly gates, waiting for entry. How did I die? Simple. In my old age (I had been sixty-four) I had lost my hearing as well as my sight. I was run over by one of those new-fangled hover cars-how amusing is that? A car that hovers can still kill an old geezer.
However, I don't care about that. Oh, no. Not at all.
There was Sam, looking just as she had all those many years ago when we were in Mr. Taylor's class together. She'd become a very well known activist for gay rights and, along with her wife, had been able to finally get same-sex marriage passed in the United States. Unfortunately, she'd died at the ripe age of thirty-five.
Her wife, of all people, had been Stephanie. That's right, it was the wannabe cheerleader. Just goes to show that things aren't always what they appear.
With the two of them was Mr. Taylor, looking as he had as a teenager as well. That is one of the effects of this place that most everyone called Heaven, it seemed. Everyone looked as they had when they were at their peak, which seems to be during the teenage years for most. He'd been an activist as well. He'd never married, but he had many friends, myself among them. He'd left about five years ago, leaving me with no one to turn to.
Many more of my friends are up here, all looking as they had as teenagers, or in the rare case, young adults.
What am I doing?
Well, I'm looking (yes, looking. I now have my sight back, since no one is blind in Heaven or Hell) for that mysterious stranger from all those many years ago. Even though I'd only spoken with him once, what he told me had stayed with me for the rest of my life.
"Love knows no bounds, Ronnie."
I turn, and there was the most amazing sight of my life(or afterlife, I suppose).
There was an angel, with long black hair, rich hazel eyes, and a charming smile that was all working with that voice of his to make me melt all over again.
"So you are an angel!"
His eyes twinkle merrily, and really, what more needs to be said?


Um, sorry about the formatting, but I don't really know how to use HTML.
Sign up to rate and review this story