Categories > Anime/Manga > Card Captor Sakura > Sea Glass: The Broken Memories

Broken

by shinigami_xx 0 reviews

Sakura's life is turned upside down when she and Syaoran are hit by a car. She survives, but Syaoran is dead. In her grief, a new enemy appears...and offers her a life-altering choice. Read to find...

Category: Card Captor Sakura - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Eriol,Nadeshiko,Sakura,Syaoran,Tomoyo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-06-27 - Updated: 2009-06-27 - 1218 words

0Unrated

Author's Note: I have not watched the anime, so this takes place with the original 19 Clow Cards from the manga. You could say this is an extension off of Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Volume 6.

Disclaimer: It would be awesome if I owned CCS...but I don't. BUT THE PLOT IS MINE.

Sea Glass: The Broken Memories

Tumbled into infinity
By a relentless sea of emotions
A soul of many colors
Yet the same beneath
Time has softened the pain
Rounded the edges
Dulled the memories
But the wound is just as deep
As ever


Chapter One: Broken

"Bye, Tomoyo! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye, Sakura-chan!"

She waved one last time to her best friend before turning to strap on her rollerblades and heading home.

Sakura Kinomoto. A bubbly, cheerful, and gullible (darn you, Yamazaki!) 13-year-old with auburn hair and emerald eyes. Oh, and don't forget the magic. Yeah, that's right.

When she was in the fourth grade, she opened a mysterious book in her dad's study, releasing Keroberos, Guardian of the Seal. He made her a Cardcaptor, and after many adventures, she was able to capture all of the Clow Cards, and defeat Yue in the Final Judgment.

Then the cards...stopped working. With her new magic, the power of the stars, she transformed the cards into Sakura Cards, and her Cardcaptor days were over.

Suddenly, Sakura heard a familiar voice calling her name. She whirled to see Syaoran, her boyfriend, racing to catch up with her.

Syaoran had been her rival in her Cardcaptor days, but they had slowly become friends. A few days after she transformed the last Clow Cards, he confessed that he loved her.

Soon after that, he left for Hong-Kong, and had just returned a few months ago.

"Syaoran! What is it?" she asked when he had caught up.

"Nothing," he replied. "I just wanted to see if you'd like to walk home together."

"Sure," she said, with a warm smile.

They walked home in silence, one of them occasionally breaking in with a comment about school, or some other thing.

They finally reached her house, and Sakura turned to say good-bye.

"Bye, Syaoran. See you tomorrow."

"Same to you," he replied, then turned to head to his apartment.

Leaving her rollerblades by the door, Sakura stepped inside, calling out,

"I'm home!"

"Welcome home, Sakura-san," her father called from the kitchen, where he was working on lesson plans. She stepped into the kitchen, surprised not to see her brother there.

"Where's Toya?" she asked.

"He had a project to work on with Yukito-san," her father replied. "They went to the library. Toya has work afterwards, so he won't be home till late."

"Okay," she said, then headed up to her room.

Opening her door, she was immediately assaulted by Kero-chan, yelling "Sweets!!" in her face. She pushed him away gently, saying that she didn't have any sweets for him. He immediately went into a pout, which she relieved by saying she'd bring him some cake after dinner. She then settled down to do her homework. Two hours later...

"Augghh! This is so hard!"

She had already done most of her homework. Even the math had been reasonably easy...except for this last problem.

'Anya leaves her house walking at 3 meters per second. Natalia leaved her house walking at 2 meters per second. If they intercept at 20 seconds, how far apart were they when they started?'

Math had always been her weak point, and she always had the most trouble with this kind of problem. Flipping through her notes, she finally found the strategy the teacher had told them. 20 minutes later, she finally had the answer, just in time for dinner.

She ate quickly, swiped a piece of cake for Kero, and headed upstairs for bed. Kero, of course, was ecstatic. At last, she turned out the light. She was asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.-x:x-

"Where am I?" she thought.

Darkness all around. That much she was aware of. Slowly, shapes began to take form. She was standing on a road. Which road? It seemed familiar...the road home from the school? She became aware of a figure next to her. Its face was shadowed, but it appeared to be talking. A glint of eyes caught her attention. Was that amber...Syaoran?

Suddenly, she heard a terrible screeching, and turned to see a dark shape speeding towards them. She was hit, and then she was flying through darkness once more...

"..."

Huh?

"Saku-ra..."

"SAKURA!!"

"HOEEE!" she shrieked, sitting straight up.

"At last, she lives!" a voice said. "Sakura, you're going to be late again!"

"Kero?" she mumbled.

"Who else? By the way, you were muttering in your sleep...something about the brat...and darkness...did you have another premonition dream?"

"I think so, Kero," she replied. "I have a bad feeling about today...oh my gosh!"

She had noticed the time; she would barely have time to eat! She dressed quickly, throwing stuff into her backpack as she went. Racing down the stairs, she practically fell, but kept going. She darted into the kitchen, noticing that Toya was ready to leave.

"Yo, monster!" he said. "Late again?"

She mumbled a reply, not even taking the time to rebuke him for calling her monster. She gulped down her breakfast at breakneck speed, yanking on her skates as she did.

"Thanks for the food!" she said, then darted out the door. She speed-skated to school, making it into the classroom just as the bell rang.

"Overslept again, Sakura-chan?" Tomoyo asked her.

"Yeah," she replied, sliding into her seat.

"Alright, no more talking," Terada-sensei said as he stepped into the room. "I trust you all did your homework?"

"Yes!" they all replied.

"Good," he said. "Now for attendance..."

The rest of the day passed without incident. When the final bell rang, the teacher dismissed them, and they began to gather their things.

"Bye, Tomoyo-chan!" Sakura called as she strapped on her skating pads.

"Bye, Sakura-chan!"

Syaoran came out just as she was putting on her helmet.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yup!" she replied, and they headed towards her house. On the way, she told him about her dream.

"So you think it was me?" he asked

"Yeah," she replied. "Even without me seeing the eyes, it just felt like you."

"Sounds like something bad is going to happen very soo-"

He was cut off as a terrible screeching sound filled the air. They both turned to see a car speeding towards them.

"This is my dream!" Sakura yelled.

They tried to move, but too late. The car hit them head on. Sakura felt herself flying through the air. Landing with a thud, she felt nothing for a moment. Then the pain spread like cracks in the sidewalk.

"Syaoran?" she said, as loud as she could manage. She thought she heard a moan in response, but her vision was becoming blurry. Blackness overtook her, and she passed out.--

Author's Note: So, I hope you liked the first chapter! Cliff-hanger, huh? If you want more chapters, read&review! Or I'll send my mutant monkeys after you. Please be kind: this is my first fan-fiction EVER. (I think. At least on this site.) Chapter Two will be up in a couple of days at most.
Sign up to rate and review this story