Categories > Anime/Manga > Card Captor Sakura > Sea Glass: The Broken Memories

Moonlight

by shinigami_xx 0 reviews

Category: Card Captor Sakura - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Eriol,Nadeshiko,Sakura,Syaoran,Tomoyo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-06-27 - Updated: 2009-06-27 - 1163 words

0Unrated
Sea Glass: The Broken Memories

Author’s Note: Here it is! Chapter Three. I had no clue what to call it, so I just put Moonlight. Have a better idea? Mail me, but it must be one word. This chapter is pretty much about Sakura’s grief…we get into the action in Chapter Four. She actually sees Syaoran’s spirit.

Disclaimer: I OWN NOTHING. (Except the plot.)

Chapter Three: Moonlight

Cold moonlight spilled from the sky, illuminating the city below. On a suburban rooftop in the outskirts of the city, a girl sat alone, staring at the moon. Ever since she had been informed of Syaoran’s death, Sakura had been in a trance-like state, hardly talking or eating at all. Her father had deemed it best not to go back to school for a while, and she was grateful.

If she had to face that classroom, so soon after his death, she was sure she would have broken down in front of everyone. So, unbeknownst to everyone else, she slipped slowly into a depression. Even the Clow Cards seemed to sense her sadness, for their colors had dulled, showing the depleted spirit of their master.

The Light card was the dullest of all; it lives on the fire of Sakura’s heart, which was at an all-time low. Kero tried to cheer her up, to no avail. For all purposes, Sakura Kinomoto was dead, in heart and soul.

The roof was where she came every night, to find solace in the light of the moon and her own loneliness.

“Syaoran…” she whispered, bitter tears tracing down her cheeks. For what seemed like the millionth time, she contemplated throwing herself off the roof, to end her sadness. But she held back, knowing that it would kill her father and Toya, and that Syaoran wouldn’t have wanted it. She only wished that she could at least see him one more time, to say good-bye.

Suddenly she gasped, for at that moment, a warm presence had enveloped her…one she knew all too well.

“Syaoran?” she whispered, in shock.

“I’m here,” a voice whispered in her mind. And there he was, floating in front of her. Syaoran, looking no different than when she had last seen him, save for the angel wings on his back.

“I can’t believe you’re here…” she said, reaching out to touch him. To her surprise and dismay, he pulled away from her.

“I can’t stay long,” he said. “Sakura, I still love you, no matter what. But you need to stop grieving, and open your eyes to the living. I’ll always be here in spirit. You need to remember that.”

“I know…” she said. “But it’s just so hard!”

“Harder things are yet to come,” he replied. “You have the strength to face them, but only if you can stop grieving and move forward. I know it’s impossible to let go entirely. But you need to treat it as though your favorite celebrity died, or something. You’re sad, but life goes on, right?”

“I…understand,” she said, wiping away her tears. “I don’t think I can ever treat it that way, Syaoran…but I can try. What do mean by ‘harder things are yet to come.’?”

“You’ll know soon,” he said. “Be ready, Sakura; this new foe is not only very powerful; he will offer you the most difficult choice of your life. But, when he does, remember; there are other ways to keep the dead alive.”

Suddenly, he seemed to fade a little.

“I have to go,” he said. “Good-bye, Sakura…”

“Wait!” she cried. “What do you mean?”

But it was too late. Syaoran was gone. She shivered. Had she been dreaming, or had she really just talked to Syaoran’s ghost?

“What did he mean…” she muttered. Well, it could wait until tomorrow…she clambered back into her room, crawled into bed, and fell asleep, smiling for the first time in a long while.

-x:x-

Far away, deep in the depths of the Himalayan Mountain range, a dark figure sat, deep in meditation, surrounded by candles. Suddenly, their eyes snapped open, revealing striking blue irises.

“It is time,” they said, in a voice full of evil. “We must strike before the veil lifts entirely, and the strength of her heart is enough to deny my choice.”

“Shall I prepare the circle, milord?” a timid voice asked, obviously afraid of their master.

“Yes,” the dark one replied. “Damn that Li boy…despite the obscene amount of power I put into that spell to keep him from getting to the girl before we were ready, he still manages to break through! We’re going to have to move fast if this plan is to have any chance of working…”

“The circle is ready, milord,” the other voice said.

“Good. Soon, the Cardcaptor’s power will be mine…and the earth will be ours to control.”

The figure stood, and, as he did, hid hood fell back…revealing a long mane of navy hair, alabaster skin…and a key necklace. He stepped into the magic circle his servant had prepared, then held up his hand and chanted,

“Key that hides the forces of evil, show me your true form! By the covenant, I, Rashikar, command you. Release!”

The key expanded into a long staff. The handle was a deep blue, the wings at the top were purple, and in the middle was an orb the color of the darkest void. A few muttered words…and the figure vanished in a flash of light, leaving nothing behind except a few tattered scraps of paper, floating towards the ground.

The servant stood there for a moment, then pushed back his hood as well. Spectacles flashed in the moonlight, his purple hair blending with the darkness. His purple eyes were filled with sadness as he looked towards the stars, high up above.

“I’m sorry, Sakura…” he whispered. “…for all the trouble I’m about to cause you. But with your invincible spell…I’m sure you’ll be all right. Yue, Keroberos…help her to see the light. Do not let the darkness come to this world.”

He sighed, then turned back to the cave.

“Please…let her see the light.”

Author’s Note: So ends Chapter Three. Who is this mysterious Rashikar? And, more importantly, who is this servant? (I’m pretty sure you all know the answer to that question, and, if you don’t, you’re extremely dense. Haha, just kidding.) Rather short chapter, huh? Only 1,012 words…as you can see, I have issues with writing long chapters. Well, if you want more and longer chapters, you’d better review! And, whatever you do, don’t mention this chapter to my parents. For this one, they’d definitely take me to a psychiatrist…wasn’t that scene with Syaoran so touching? Anywho, g’bye till Chapter Four!
Sign up to rate and review this story