Categories > Celebrities > Aerosmith

I Don't Want to Miss a thing

by aerogirl 0 reviews

A songfic on why I think they wrote the song.

Category: Aerosmith - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-07-02 - Updated: 2009-07-02 - 1200 words - Complete

0Unrated
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
By aerogirl

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming


Joe woke up one morning with a smile on his face. Today was going to be a good day. He just knew it. And Steven wasn't in bed when he woke up. That must mean he was planning something special or was going to pick it up. The phone was ringing. He just couldn't wait to see Steven today.

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure

"Hey Joe." Joey said after Joe picked up the phone. "Happy birthday man."

"Thanks Joey." Joe said. He got the same messages from Brad and Tom. He hadn't seen Steven yet today. He hadn't even called to tell him happy birthday. He was another year older and another year wiser. He just chose that he would stop using his vast wisdom around other people.

He set in the house almost all day without any sign of Steven anywhere. Finally he came into the house about four. He looked like he'd spent all day at the beach.

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

"Where were you?" Joe asked.

"The beach." Steven said. "There were some awesome waves and they said that today would be the coolest day all week."

"Well, good thing that the living room has AC." Joe said as he stormed off. Steven stood there, confused.

Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

"What did I do?" Steven asked as he stood outside the room. Joe had locked himself in. He was sitting on the bed, crying at the fact that his love had forgotten one of the most important days of his life.

"Go away!" Joe yelled. He went to the tape player and turned on "You See Me Crying" in hopes to blare Steven's voice out. Didn't help that he was listening to him sing.

"Joe?" Steven asked as he knocked on the door again. When he got no response, he sighed and left. He'd go talk to the rest of the guys and see what was going on.

Lying close to you
Feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing

"What do you mean you pissed Joe off?" Tom asked as he, Brad, Joey, and Steven set in the recording stuido. That's where any of them came to think.

"Well, I went down to the beach today and came home, and he was like PMSing or something." Steven said. Brad and Joey looked at each other.

"One thing I've learned from dating guys like that..." Joey said, refurring to his ex-boyfriend of Jani Lane. "Is that you never want to piss them off on their birthday."

"Their birthday?" Steven asked. His eyes got real wide as he realized what he'd done.

Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever

"Damn it." Steven said as he set in his car out in the parking lot. "How could I be so fuckin' stupid?" He should've realized that Joe wouldn't get this mad at him unless he forgot something important, and this was right up there with forgetting his own mom's birthday.

"Will you ever forgive me?" Steven asked out loud. He doubted it. That's when something popped into his mind. He quickly went into the house and seated himself at the piano.

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

Joe heard the lyrics. He didn't remember that being one of their songs. He wiped at his red and swollen eyes, then unlocked the door and went down the hallway towards the room where Steven kept his piano and Joe kept his guitars. He stood just outside the door and listened to Steven's voice as he continued to sing the song that had grabbed Joe's attention.

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

The words were coming out just right. Everything that he had wanted to tell Joe was going into this song. Writing songs was his way to get the message across, like he did with "You See Me Crying", "Sweet Emotion", and "Angel". He was never good at telling Joe how he felt. He was hoping that this present would make up for some of the stuff he'd done. He knew, deep down, he didn't deserve Joe. Thinking about him leaving him just made him put more feeling into the song.

I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this

Joe had had enough of being pissed off at Steven. He went into the room as silently as he could and set down on the piano bench by him. He touched his arm as he continued to play. Steven stopped at looked up into Joe's red eyes. Did he ever feel bad. But then Joe's lips met his. He took his hands off the keys and wrapped his arms around his waist. Joe then pulled away and turned to look at the piano.

"Play some more please." He asked. Steven smiled and went back to work.

I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

Joe watched as Steven's fingers gracefully made their way across the keys. He smiled as he heard the shakeiness in his voice. He was so nervous about screwing up that he didn't care that his "demon of screamin'" voice sounded like a pre-pubesant teenage boy. It was sweet. Tears began to form in Joe's eyes again.

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
'Cause I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna close my eyes

Steven looked over at Joe, who was crying. Steven touched his shoulder with concern. But instead of looking at him with a huge frown across his face, there was a huge smile.

"What's wrong?" Steven asked.

"I loved it." Joe said. "This was the best birthday present ever." He wrapped his arms around Steven in a hug then kissed him. Steven then played the whole thing through again. And no matter how many times it would be considered to be the theme song for Armageddon, Joe and Steven knew that it would always be Joe's birthday present.

End
Sign up to rate and review this story