Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Little Less 16 Candles... continued...

Chapter 4

by areyounormal 4 reviews

Slaves or snacks?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-07-02 - Updated: 2009-07-02 - 1373 words - Complete

2Exciting
Andy was worried; but then, there was a lot to worry about. He and Patrick had been captured and imprisoned in Beckett’s mansion, Joe was missing and Beckett finally had what he had wanted for so long – Pete. But he would soon discover that there was more; something much more immediate than any of those things. Patrick still hadn’t regained consciousness.

Andy knew something was wrong when they were pushed up against the patrol cars and handcuffed. Patrick was leaning on the car, almost slumped over it. But when Patrick began to slip to the floor and had to be supported, it was all he could take.

“Hey!” Andy yelled, turning away from the car, only to be struck hard and painfully by a police baton between the shoulder blades.

The baton drove all the air from his lungs leaving Andy to gasp for breath as the searing pain ran through him like a hot knife.

“What have you done to him?” Andy demanded as soon as he had recovered; his reply was to have the baton jabbed deep into his side.

Grimacing with pain, Andy felt his knees buckle as they opened the patrol car door. Grabbed by his arms, Andy was in too much pain to struggle. With a self-satisfied laugh, the vampire police officer pushed his head down and forced him inside.

Through the corner of his eye, Andy saw Patrick drop unceremoniously to the floor. With his mouth poised to voice his concern, Andy’s eyes rolled back in their sockets as the baton connected sharply with his right temple. Slumping back against the opposite door, Andy succumbed to the blackness and slipped, unwillingly, into unconsciousness.


By the time he had woken, the handcuffs had been removed and he found himself lying on a cold stone floor. Looking up, he pushed the hair from his face, relieved to find that he was still wearing his glasses and that they were intact.

It was a cell. Grey stone walls glistened with water condensed from the humid stale air. The door seemed very out of place for what he imagined was the age of the building and purpose of the room. What should have been a solid oak door was solid steel with multiple locks. This wasn’t a cell designed for humans, Andy concluded, this was for vampires. Vampires like Pete.

Pushing himself into a sitting position, Andy looked around the grim prison. A few feet behind him, nearer to the wall, lay a crumpled form; a man dressed in black, his blond hair mostly obscured by a black peaked cap.

“Patrick!”

Scrambling to his feet, Andy half stumbled, half ran to his friend. Rolling him onto his back, Andy gasped in surprise at the deathly pallor in his friend’s face. Checking for a pulse, Andy breathed a sigh of relief when he found one, albeit faint.

“What did they do to you?” Andy questioned aloud.
“I would have thought that was obvious.”

Still kneeling at Patrick’s side, Andy turned his head sharply. Standing in the cell, staring smugly at its two occupants, was Brendon. Ignoring Andy’s shocked expression, he casually adjusted the cuffs of his shirt to fall in an impeccable line with his suit jacket.

“Brendon!” Andy spat, his voice filled with anger and contempt.

The vampire revelled not only in the recognition, but also in the reaction it provoked.

“What have you done to him?” Andy repeated.

Brendon smirked, and cocking his head to one side motioned with his finger towards Patrick’s head. Flicking his finger to the right, he suggested that Andy tilt it. As he did, Andy reeled in shock as he noticed the multiple bite marks on his friend’s neck.

“You bastard!” Andy yelled.

Leaping to his feet, he launched himself at the grinning vampire. He wasn’t even certain how close he got, all he knew was that within moments he was hurtling back towards the wall. Every bone in his back jarred as he crashed against the cold stone wall. Falling face down on the floor, he gasped for breath as Brendon laughed at him.

“What was that?” Brendon managed between his loud, condescending laughter. “You don’t really think you can fight me, do you? You can’t even get near me! I’ll swat you like a fly. Do you understand? You’re our prisoners now and soon, our slaves. We like human slaves, a subservient walking buffet! When we get tired of you, we eat you!”
“First chance I get, Brendon, I’m going to kill you for turning him!”
“Woah!” Brendon raised his hands in reply. “Let’s get this right.”
“You’re saying you didn’t turn him?” Andy asked hopefully.
“Him?” Brendon spared Patrick a passing glance. “I don’t care what happens to him.”
“Then… what…?”
“Firstly, you won’t get a chance and second, I’m already dead.”
“You’re undead!” Andy snapped trying, unsuccessfully, to push himself away from the wall.
“You’re wasting your time trying to reach me again,” Brendon explained. “I can hold you there with just my mind, it’s no effort at all. Or I could crush you like a bug. Would you like to experience that?”

Before Andy could reply, Brendon was exerting his power over his mind and body. Gasping for breath as every muscle and bone was squeezed and compressed.

“Please!” came a weak voice. “Let him go!”

Brendon smirked with sadistic pleasure as Patrick begged him to release his friend from the deadly crushing grip.

“Looks like that’s answered your other question,” Brendon laughed conceitedly. “Not turned, just a little drained. Poor Patrick, I hear he tasted good. He’ll be mine before too long. I’m looking forward to drinking his sweet, hero’s blood.”
“Don’t get too complacent, Brendon,” Patrick tried hard to push himself up but failed. “We’re stronger than you think.”
“I hope you are,” Brendon chuckled. “Because the fight you’ve put up so far has been disappointing. Remember, there’s no one to save you this time. We have your pathetic-excuse-for-a-vampire friend chained up and locked in our strongest cell.”
“So you are afraid of him?” Patrick replied, managing to finally sit up.
“I’m afraid of no one!” Brendon snapped in reply.
“You’re afraid of Beckett!” Patrick snapped back. “Ordered you to stay away from Pete, did he? Denied you your fun with him?”
“Master William knows what he’s doing,” Brendon replied hesitantly, shaken by the comment.
Patrick grinned; he knew he had Brendon on the defensive. “Yeah? But do you?”
“Shut up!” Brendon screamed, unleashing a wave of kinetic power in Patrick’s direction.

Spinning backwards, Patrick crashed heavily against the wall. By the time he and Andy looked up, Brendon had vanished.

“How did you know what Beckett had said?” Andy asked as he made his way over to his weak and pain-racked friend.
“I didn’t,” he admitted. “But I figured there was a reason that he was in here with us instead of with Pete.”
“You think Beckett’s refused to let him torture Pete? Why?”
“No,” Patrick corrected. “He’ll have refused to let Brendon kill Pete. To a vampire as power-hungry and insecure as Brendon, it’ll be proof that Beckett intends to make Pete his new favourite.”
“That’s quite a leap!” Andy replied.
“Not to Brendon.” Patrick shook his head, then wished he hadn’t. “He’s headed off so many attempts on his life, for want of a better word. All of them want to be Beckett’s favourite, and now he’s showing favour towards Pete. It must be driving Brendon nuts!”
“I take it all back,” Andy smiled.
“What?”
“All those notes you kept on all the vampires we encountered. I never thought they’d be useful.”
“They’re only useful if we can use them to get us and Pete out of here.” Patrick frowned before adding: “Where’s Joe?”
Andy shook has head. “I don’t know, I just pray he got away.”

Patrick nodded; the alternative was unthinkable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading this chapter. If you have time, please leave a review.
Sign up to rate and review this story