Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Deliveries

Delivery 35

by Mikari 0 reviews

Delivery 35: Pawns

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Cloud Strife,Reno,Yuffie Kisaragi - Published: 2009-07-09 - Updated: 2009-07-10 - 1185 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deliveries

Delivery 35: Pawns

Once upon a time, a delivery boy was sent to make a delivery, an event that happens many times in the world. But this delivery boy was different, though he still called himself a boy, he was in fact a man, a Soldier, though never officially. He was strong, he was agile, he was fast and he was in deep trouble.

The special tea leaves he was to deliver, would bring forth the peace ceremony, a formality without which there could be no peace between Shinra and Wutai. Everyone knows that peace is not about good intentions, truthfulness or sincerity; it is about giving a good show. If the press doesn't have sufficient material to inform everyone that there is peace, then there is no peace.

Fan service is another vital element of peace and many fans wanted to see Rufus in a classic Wutai outfit, like one of those ninjas in the movies, the kind that fight with amazing special effects, even if a real ninja would dress lighter and trip on the complex outfit in real life, because not even a ninja could handle the multitude of colorful layers of fabric and shiny accessories, not to mention it would be bad for camouflage.

Should the tea leaves Cloud transported in a little cooler become warm, that would be the end of them, as they would wither rapidly and become unfit for consumption; hence why Cloud was in a jam, to put it lightly.

The delivery boy, since he prefers to be called boy, ran as fast as he could in the general direction of Junon, where he had to board a ship guarding the tea leaves. His only worry was not the cold fading away in the summer heat and the leaves withering, but also the helicopter that kept shooting at him. Plus poor Cloud was on foot due to his precious Fenrir being sabotaged earlier.

Cloud was so consumed with self pity, that he fell to his knees, unable to bear his misfortune any longer, and yelled at the top of his lungs, "I give up!"

Though Cloud expected the helicopter to continue its relentless attack, instead it laded, and Reno got out. Cloud watched in shock, twitching as the redhead approached.

"Hey Strife!" Reno casually gave Cloud a pat on the back and helped him to his feet. "I'll admit I'm kind of glad you gave up, not that I can't handle the mission, I am a Turk after all, but I didn't want to have to eliminate you. People think Turks and Soldiers can never get along, but that's not true, Tseng told me about how he used to go on missions with a Soldier and-"

Cloud wrapped his hands around Reno's throat, preventing the natural flow of oxygen from continuing. "Why were you shooting at me?"

Reno flailed around, until Cloud realized he could not speak and loosened his grip. "You're trying to poison Rufus!"

"I'm not trying to poison him; this is a delivery for him!" Cloud reluctantly let Reno go.

"Then you were tricked, I should have known," Reno rubbed his neck where Cloud had nearly broken it, but he mentally assured himself a Turk could take it.

Cloud wasn't sure if he should take Reno's statement in a positive light, Cloud was innocent, he was not an enemy of Shinra and he was not trying to harm anyone. Or he could see the negative side hidden in Reno's tone; Cloud was an idiot to be tricked. The delivery boy decided to go with the positive version, because he couldn't stand one more negative thing in his life, "explain."

"I received a message from an anonymous person saying that you were carrying poison disguised as tea leaves, so I had to save my paycheck, I mean my dear president." Reno showed Cloud the message in his PHS.

Upon examining the message, the way it was written and its general tone, Cloud thought it was familiar. The message was similar to the anonymous messages Zack would get every now and then, and show Cloud in the past. Being so nice and heroic, Zack would run off to investigate, even if Cloud, as well as several others, didn't recommend it. "It's a fake, cruel spam."

"How do you know?" Reno inquired.

"What's to stop someone who hates Shinra from trying to ruin the peace ceremony at Wutai?" Cloud reasoned.

"Good point," Reno analyzed the situation, "I know, we'll make the delivery and at the Junon point, we can have the cargo tested and if the goods are tainted we'll dump them. No one will accuse you, since you couldn't help it but to be tricked."

Cloud pouted at Reno's allusion to his lack of intelligence, but decided he wasn't in the mood to argue. "Fine, let's go." At least he could ride in a helicopter the rest on the way. "Reno, you sounded like an illegal trader for a second there," Cloud mused as the two walked towards the helicopter.

"That's the negative side," Reno laughed and climbed in the chopper, followed by Cloud. Both men strapped themselves in and Reno tried to take off.

A few minutes passed. "Why aren't we moving?" Cloud was becoming both impatient and worried.

"I don't know; everything looks fine with the controls, but I don't see a lot of wind outside. Could you take a look?" Reno requested.

"Don't abandon me," Cloud spoke the line with such emotion, he could have been playing the most dramatic scene in a movie.

Though Reno just thought it was weird and unenthusiastically replied, "I won't."

When Cloud took a look outside, he saw that the helicopter blades were gone. Not completely gone, a small portion of them was there, ranging from five inches to a foot long, definitely not long enough to fly. "Reno! Someone cut off the chopper's blades!"

As if on cue, Yuffie jumped out from behind the helicopter, where she had been hiding unnoticed. "The treasure Princess claims victory! Score another for the White Rose!"

Just as a very angry Reno and Cloud were about to wipe that victorious grin off Yuffie's face, both their PHS received a message at once. The message was directed to the Turks and supporting team, which included Cloud, and read, "the peace ceremony has been a success, return to Shinra."

They were all perplexed at first, but later realized that the delivery had been a decoy, this time Godo took care to consider the threat his daughter presented. The time announced for the ceremony was not when it was to take place, it was the hour in which the ceremony would be broadcasted world-wide, supposedly live. In truth, by then it would have all been over and Rufus would be at Healin Lodge enjoying the pleasure of seeing himself on TV.

End of Delivery 35

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII. Regardless of what Yuffie may say, Godo didn't get to be the leader of a ninja village for nothing. XD This is a sequel to Delivery 34, which was requested by 2write4life.
Sign up to rate and review this story