Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Can't Hear You

Despite All My Rage

by IeroMyHero 13 reviews

Let's find out who this intruder is, shall we?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-07-09 - Updated: 2009-07-10 - 1606 words

5Exciting
“Don't panic!” was the mantra playing in my head, on repeat.

It was rather unsuccessful, considering the fact that any moment now, I would be on the floor hyperventilating. The intruder was in the kitchen, staring at me from behind the counter with gaping brown eyes. For a long moment, neither of us did anything. I didn't have a clue as to how I should deal with this kind of situation; all common sense had abandoned my brain due to the fear that had crept in. Although unwise, my decision was to simply stay put and see what the other man did.

Soon enough, he made his move. His eyes seemed cautious as he took slow steps out of the kitchen. While doing so, he grabbed something from the counter. A skillet. I did not understand why until I saw his full self.

My eyes went wide and I stared, simply unsure of what to think. My lip curled upward in repulsion. He was naked. Why the fuck was he naked, in my apartment?

I dragged my eyes up from the frying pan which covered his crotch. The curly, brown hair on his head framed a long face, which had turned bright red.

He blinked a few times and then began signing, as well as he could, while still keeping himself covered I found it very strange that his signing was sloppy. He picked out each sign, as if it was a foreign language to him. Surely, everyone had learned it by now; the year was 2028! Stranger still was the question he asked.

“Can you see me?”

“Obviously! You're naked!” I signed back. His dark brows furrowed at my response. At this point, I decided that he wasn't going to murder me; he wasn't a threat for the time being. My hands moved rapidly, “Who the hell are you?” He spelled out his name for me. R-A-Y. Ray. I found this to be a huge mistake on his part; why would he tell me his name? He was a terrible thief.

“What are you doing here and why are you naked?” was my next inquiry.

He didn't give me an answer, to my utter frustration. He simply stared with his big, frightened eyes. At last, he made some sign of movement, moving back towards the kitchen. The expression on his face scared the hell out of me; it was crazed. I knew I had to do something, before who-knows-what happened. With my prior fright gone, I was able to think logically. I had to contact the police.

I pulled my mobile messaging device out of my pocket. As I punched in the number, I saw movement out of my peripheral vision. Before I knew what was happening, Ray had grabbed my arm, attempting to take away the mobile. I struggled to push him off; he was far stronger than me, not to mention the fact that his nudity held me back from making too much contact. He, on the other hand, wasn't too bashful. With immense force, he pinned me up against the door, grabbing at the mobile. Though I fought with all my might, he managed to snatch it away. Upon succeeding in his task, he dropped me. As I slid down the door, I felt a sudden jolt of searing pain on the back of my head Something hard had rammed into the back of my skull, probably the door knob. I slipped down, the consciousness leaving me. Spots of bright, neon colors flashed before my eyes before it all faded to a peaceful black.

~*~

After a period of dark solitude, my consciousness sneaked in and the pain pounced, once again, onto the back of my head. I consoled my throbbing skull with a comforting hand. For a few moments, I lay in painful, clueless oblivion. Then, my memory restored itself and I remembered being knocked out by the intruder. I realized that my body was resting on a mattress, and I had been tucked in with soft sheets. Did Ray actually have the decency to put me on my bed? Still, my eyes had not opened. It was as if my eyelids knew something was wrong and wanted to protect me from the knowledge of what it was. However, curiosity is a bitch; I had to look. What I gazed into was a ceiling...if you could call it that. It was not painted or leveled, but rather just slopped-on cement. It became increasingly obvious that I was not in my house. I had been kidnapped! My heart skipped beats, panicking. I took deep breaths, forcing myself to calm down. There was no point in freaking out and taking rash decisions. Slowly, I sat upright. I was not tied up or constrained in any manner. If I wanted to, I could just get up and leave. Some kidnapping this was. Why didn't I just get up and leave? I just had a weird hunch that I wasn't “supposed” to.

I looked around the room, examining the surroundings. My eyes quickly skimmed over the brick walls and fell on an armchair, a few feet away from the bed. In it, sat a man, with his nose buried in a book. His jet black hair fell messily over his white face and the cover of the novel. He seemed so focused and mesmerized by the book that I did not feel it appropriate to disturb him, and instead simply stared. Nevertheless, his head snapped up and two vibrant green eyes locked with mine. I gulped, frightened, as the man set his book on a nearby table and approached me. What was he going to do? Hit me? Take me to a torture chamber? Oh fuck, no.

He stopped by my bedside and held my gaze. His face showed shock and disbelief, though I had no clue why.

Then, he began to sign. And he asked the same thing Ray had, “Can you see me?”

I nodded, feeling throughly confused. Why did they keep asking me that? Of course I could see them! I was deaf, not blind.

“Why would I not be able to? And where am I?” I questioned.

He didn't respond and instead asked a question of his own, “What's your name?”

Trust was something that had to be carefully built up—gingerly, as if it was a delicate house of cards. It didn't take much to make it collapse into a pile of lost time. My trust in this man was equivalent to nothing, not even the base cards had been laid out. On top of that, he didn't have the courtesy of explaining why I was even here in the first place. How could he expect me to give him all the answers he wanted when he didn't give me any? I felt anger boiling up inside me and I shot him an ugly scowl. Short temper was something that ran in my family, and being the youngest, I think I inherited some from everyone. I was going to get some answers some way or another.

“No, you have to tell me where the fuck I am.” I purposely made my face hard and cold as I moved my hands wildly, “What do you want from me?”

In an attempt to emphasize my fury, I rose to my feet, standing at my full height. My full height was, unfortunately, quite a few inches shorter than the man's. He crossed his arms and blinked down at me, as if I was a toddler throwing a petty tantrum. My rage did not seem to faze him at all.

“You need to calm down. You are not in any danger. I'll explain everything when—” his hands dropped mid-sentence and turned his head to the side.

I followed his eyes to meet the doorway on the opposite side of the room, through which Ray had entered. I couldn't say I was happy to see him, but at least he had clothes on this time. He sauntered over to the other man and stopped beside him. They gave each other curt nods before diverting their attention to me. I felt puny as they loomed over me; both of them were tall and muscular, while I stood at a height short, even for women.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I meekly signed my question one more time, “Where am I?”

My two kidnappers exchanged glances, seemingly nervous. Ray offered me a tentative smile, signing to wait, before pulling the other man aside and out the door. I frowned, puzzled. They didn't seem to want anything from me. They didn't act like vicious, torturous fiends who would murder me just for their own sick amusement. Why did they bring me here? Curiosity once again, clawed at my brain. It bugged me so much that I decided I would just eavesdrop.

Cautiously, I took small steps towards the exit of the room. Poking my head out of the door frame, I could see Ray's back to me. I tiptoed around a little until I could see their hands clearly. My eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when I came to the realization that I didn't need to. Their mouths for moving. They were talking. They could hear?





I hope this was okay. Reviews and rates will tell me if it was or wasn't :) Bad reviews are welcome. And by the way, there's a reason why Ray was naked... not just to make things sorta hot. Uhm I really hope this is going okay. Sorry it took awhile to write...I'll put up more, if you want more.
Sign up to rate and review this story