Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just One Piece

Chapter 3

by emileepace 0 reviews

When an unexpected guest comes to Moncia's house she is more then frightened.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2009-07-10 - Updated: 2009-07-10 - 973 words

0Unrated
"No. No, no way!" I yelled. "What the hell? Who..." I was scared. For the past two days I have seen flashes directed towards me repeatedly. And I just discovered it was a camera. Who wanted pictures of me? Was I being watched?

Then Lisa came out. "Monica, sweetie, are you okay? What are you yelling about?" she asked me. "What? Oh, um, nothing." I said. I was not letting her think I was crazy. She looked at me a moment longer, then nodded unsatisfying and walked away.

The camera was hooked to the wall. I couldn't get it out and I couldn't break it. Damn! Why was this life so screwy? First Jared, then Leon, now these cameras? I stood up and walked away, pretending not to notice another flash behind me.

~~ TWO DAYS LATER (FRIDAY) ~~

I was sitting on my bed, reading. The book was called "My Sister's Keeper" and it was really sad. I was really into it when I heard the soft sound of a door closing.

In my house.

I ran to my closet and pulled out a gun. I got it ready only to see it had to bullets. And I couldn't find the box in my closet. Shit! Quickly thinking, I opened my window and made a rope out of sheets. Then I hung it out over my window. I took a couple pieces of jewelry and whipped them onto the siding outside. Then I crawled under my bed. It was super cramped. I surrounded old boxes and such around me quickly and quietly as possible. Only seconds later did the door open. "Son of a bitch!" cried a voice.

"No, no, no. She got away, she got away..." the boxes around me could not let me see the person. But it was a woman. What was a woman doing trying to get me in my house? But I was happy the trick worked. "Leon, this is your entire fault. If you hadn't gone through with it, then..." the woman growled and stomped out of my room. 2 minutes later, my front door slammed. 3 minutes later, a car down the street drove away. I cautiously stepped out from under my bed, shifting the boxes around to make an exit. I was surprised the woman had immediately believed I was gone.

Why did she say Leon's name?

Did she mean MY Leon?

She couldn't have. Unless... unless he told someone. Maybe somebody wanted to get back at me? For cheating? But who would he tell that would do such a thing? Nobody. The only person who WOULD try to get back at me was someone associated with the wife. But why would he tell anyone like that?

Wait.

The wife.

No. That couldn't be. He would never tell the wife. Leon had a close group of friends but there weren't many of them. And they wouldn't do such a thing. He would be smart enough not to tell his wife's friends, right? And he promised he wouldn't tell anyone, anyways.

Ha, Ha. Because I believe his promises?

Still, he may not have told. He may have been smart enough. I kept thinking and thinking but I got nobody except for the wife. But how would she know? Maybe because Leon didn't come home that Tuesday night. Suddenly my cell phone began to ring. I checked the Caller ID.

Chuck?

"Hello, Chuck." I said. "Hello there Monica! How are you doing on this fine evening?" Chuck asked happily. This was weird. Chuck never called me. Should I tell him a woman snuck into my house looking for me, but I tricked her and didn't get caught? No. He'd get worried and make a fuss and... No. "I'm totally fine." I told him.

"Great. Well me, Lisa, and a few other office friends are going out to dinner at the Food Groove. Would you like to join us? I'm sure you can tell by the location it's not a dress-up party." Chuck said, laughing nervously. I didn't want to go. Lisa was a friend but Chuck was weird and I didn't know who the others were.

"Who else is going?" I asked. "Oh, you know... Jeff, Andrea, and Kyle." he said. Andrea was really nice. And Kyle was really attractive. I knew if I said yes, Chuck would consider me his for the night. But... well, Why not? What else would I do?

Sit in bed reading?

"Yeah, I'll go."

"Great! We'll all pick you up. Well actually, Lisa and I will be picking you up. The other 3 are taking their own car." Chuck said happily. "Okay. Great." I said. Then I hung up.

I was actually in my pajamas. I put on a white blouse with a black tank top underneath and some jeans. I looked modern and with my blond hair loose and around me, I looked good. Not like a secretary at a lawyer's office. Of course, the red and blue streaks in my hair also minimized any secretary look I would have. Not much longer after I had finished getting ready, a car horn beeped outside.

"Coming!" I yelled.

I put my cell phone in my purse and also some of the makeup I had put on that night. I wanted to look good. I was free and single. Maybe I would meet someone. The Food Groove had a bar and I'm sure we'd be there at some point. The car beeped again.

"Hurry up!" Lisa's voice called out. I laughed and ran down the stairs to my front door. I stepped outside and Lisa whistled. I locked the door behind me. Chuck was smiling at me. He looked better without a suit on, but...

Still kind of weird.

I stepped into the backseat and closed the door. "Let's go!" Chuck said, and drove us off.
Sign up to rate and review this story