Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > As Of Yet, Untitled.

She Did

by SaveTheDay 2 reviews

Last chapter in the story.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-10 - Updated: 2009-07-10 - 619 words - Complete

1Moving
Gerard had lost one person. Once. Death had only touched him once. He had God knew how many lucky stars, that he had been spared the pain all but once.

His nonna had been some kind of woman, a real woman who could drink (But he’d only seen her do it once) and who went to Mass every Sunday and who sang and wore a little bit of black every single day of her life after her husband died. She was old school Italian, charming and a cook to beat all cooks, and beautiful. God, she’d been lovely all her life. She’d been so sweet, so good to him. When she’d died, he hadn’t been there. He didn’t come to see her the last days, when she was getting worse by the hour. His mom had been there though. And even his dad. But not him, or Mikey. They’d been out touring, doing band stuff, and he’d been drunk.

The guilt nearly killed him. But he’d made peace, and a song and video. ‘Helena’ was born, and those demons put to rest. That was how he had coped. From the death of his nonna their biggest commercial hit off of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge had been made. It wasn’t a fair trade by any means, but it was what it was.

He’d only lost one person, though he’d spent all his life scared senseless he’d lose them all. Incredibly lucky…But he’d wondered for a long time now what he would do, that is, how he would react when someone finally did die. Would he use again? Would he cry? Would he be able to move on? Or would he get stuck in the mud, back between the place where the life was and wasn’t?

Egan was gone. She would not be coming back. She’d called the center apparently, because the day of her release from the hospital she’d appeared along with two men to move her things out. Her possessions were so limited that she honestly could have done it all herself, but the center had insisted on sending people. After everything had been loaded into the car, the three had driven off and Gerard had watched from his library, where he’d stayed as they had packed. He’d hoped she would look back. He’d wanted it the most of everything he could want, because if she looked back, she still cared. About the house, about the books, about her time here, about anything at all. He hoped she still cared. He didn’t know why he should, things were very clearly over. But he did.

Egan had looked back.


Auhtor's Note: I feel a little goofy getting all sentimental over an author's note that very few people will probably read, because very few of my readers read my stuff anymore. I haven't published in months. But I do have a few things to say.

This is my final author's note for this story. It's freaky. It's been a really fun run, and I'm sorry it always used to take me so long to update one damn chapter ;]

I can't change the title that I can see, so I suppose this will always be called "As Of Yet, Untitled". I don't have any other name for it. I feel like it was the right title from the start. What name are you going to give what has happened here? There isn't one. Not for me.

And last: This story is almost two years old. I think it's time to put it down and let it go. Bye y'all :]
Sign up to rate and review this story