Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Halo

Demon's dreams

by Sanigh 0 reviews

You know what they say about him. They say that he is the devil. They say that he was crazy ever since he came to Europe from Japan. They sya he wnet crazy from losing two loves. God knows what can...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Sesshoumaru - Published: 2009-05-21 - Updated: 2009-07-11 - 1442 words

0Unrated
The mist of the morning dew and the glim of daybreak shown as the young Lord rode back to his home. On these days he tried to forget the things that transpired in his past. Rding up to the house that, as now looked upon it, need much work he unmouted his horse. The young Lord gave a brieft "good morning" to Ben, the stable keep. When he entered, he did as he often did and went to his study. Mohan, his one and only servent and sat out his Brandy and provided a nice brandy glass. The young Lord was greatful for such a servant. Mohan did not mettle, he understood that his master enjoyed privacy. Mohan nver asked questions about this Master's behavior. No, Mohan just did what he knew to do in such mornings as this.


The young Lord poured the brandy into the glass and perpared himself for the sleep that would never come. He couldn't sleep anymore. Not with his demons haunting him, memeories from the broken past that he longed to forget. But his demons longed to be remembered and they taunted him whenever he tried to rest his eyes. The study was filled with a cool breeze that let Sesshomaru know what was to come. This would be a hard morning, he knew. He had done the unthinkable the night before and his memories were not happy. They would touture him truly tonight. He leaned back in his chair and waited. The walls of his study became as blood, the first of his forgoteen memories came into view. He sipped his brandy and waited as the vision of the dead Rin came from nowhere. She stood infront of his desk, looking as she did when he had last seen her, in her late thirties. The blood from the walls surrounding her feet. She smiled at him and reached out a decayed hand. Her kimono stained with blood from the wound on her arm. That day replayed itself in Sesshomaru's head while he sat there. What could he do but endure. He could not fight what was not really there and yet the dead RIn was walking towards him. Her once pale smooth skin was now browned and riotting from years in a grave. The Rin figure came to his side, the skin on her hands slowly became as paste. She pointed accusingly at him.

"I could not protect you." Sesshomaru whispered and the figured evaporated to dust. This was only the begining of his night with hating memeories. They would strecth to his time in China. From there to his years in Eygpt. And so on to his time in Europe. A wondering Lord he was, but what else could he do. His most dreaded demon of him in the war in China, fighting along side Europe. His fallen comdrads mocking him in there European uniform. He did mot protect them either. The morning sunlight threathened to enter Sesshomaru's study which let him know that the worst of his demons were coming. His memeories of The Crypt. Thinking back on it now, Sesshomaru came to the conclusion that it was a stupid idea to join this soiciety. The musky smell of dead earth and cement filled his study, an illuision from his mind. He could see his study walls now being replaced with old concrete. Lysander Brunette, the societies leader, curled up on the floor in a pool of blood. He had killed him with Crispin, Lysander's son of only ten at the time, standing two feet away. Sesshomaru dranked the last of his brandy as the reason for such an acted came from the floor of his study. Beautiful golden tresses hanged freely at her side. Those enchanting yet sturn green eyes looked Sesshomaru right in his face. Crispin standing clucthed to her leg. There was Chloe Brunette, the beautiful young wife of Lysander.
Lysnader did not deserve such a beautiful creature and to bring her to that damable place where woman were poisned and taken advantage of. The vison infront of hin changed to the night he and Chole's relationship changed, he saw himself opening the door to her room while Lysander was away. He could see her sitting there at her mirrior. Her face wrath with confusion and sadness. Such sadness.

The sun came throgh like a beam and Sesshomaru had realized that he had survived the night. Slowly he rose and went to his own room. An hour nap would probably be all he would get today. He layed still and closed his eyes letting rest consume him.


What the hell? Noise from downstairs woke him fiercly. Sesshomaru turned over onto his back. The sunshing into his eyes. He grunted and sat up. What the hell was Mohan up to. Reluctantly Sesshoma got up. He hated being woken from the little sleep he did get. Anger rose deep in him the closer he got to his door. The sound of hoofs caught his attention and he went to his window. There sat a carrige and a gentleman getting back in. Who the hell was at his home? A low growl escaped his lips as he walked out into the hallway. Sesshomaru walked down the hall with an expression he often used when he was controlling his men. No one dared say anything to him when he looked this way. He heard a woman's voice mixed woth Mohan. Mohan, to no prevail was trying to explain something to this woman. The smell of thyme, jasmine and dog hit Sesshomaru's nosie once he came into the living room. And older chubby woman turned to him.

"Oh my," the woman said and looked back to Mohan. Before Sesshomaru could say something. Mohan was at his side.

"Sir Sesshomaru I tried to explain to this woman that she must be mistaken but she would not listen."

Sesshomaru bypassed Mohan with the intenet on dealing with this matter himself. The woman smilde and blushed at the same. The blush didnt flatter the womaan was it did with most women, it only made her look worse.

"Why are you at my home?" Sesshomaru asked most unkindly.

"I-I Sir, you must have recived the letter from the lawyer by now. I thought that they infromed you of your ward." the woamn feighed with the lace on her petticoat.

"Ward!" Sesshomaru damn near yelled. The woman shrieked back and Mohan came up to his master.

"I tried to tell her Sir." Mohan said. But before Sesshomaru could protest a dog ran past him and into the livingroom.

"Dante, no, wait!" he heard coming from the other room. The aroma of jasmine and golden hair quickly bypassed him as the girl ran after the dog and completely ignored him.

"As I was saying Sir Sesshomaru, your ward." the woman started cautionsly but stopped when Sesshomaru glared at her. It was bdd enough that there were people in his home but a dog an animal was out of the question. With much determination Sesshomaru walked to his living room which was filled with boxes and traveling bags. In the far corner he saw a lone figure kneeling infornt of that blasted animal. Dressed as she was in a homeless womans dress. Sesshomaru's anger had reached his limit and this 'ward' of his was in the crossfires. That dog stood to his feet when Sesshomaru started to cross the room causing the girl to turn around. Sessshomaru was haulted by a pair of cornflower blue eyes that were so achingly familiar. His mind traced them across his memory until they found a match. No Sesshomaru thought as the girl stood to her feet and aura of clam about her. The dog stood defensivly at the girls side. Her golden hair was plaited to the back. Ivory creamed skin, rose pink lips that and those cornflower blue eyes that threathened his sanity. No wonder he was able to survive last night with ease. His demons had a trick up there sleeves. They would bring one of his most dreaded memoeries to him. The girl looked at him bewildered for a moment. She didn't say a word and nor did Sesshomaru. A memory of her turing to him from her mirrior flahsed in Sesshomaru's mind, the same bewildered look only the taunting blue eyes of Lysander looked at him now. The girl suddenly smiled the bewildered look replaced with kind friendlyness.

"You must be Sir Sesshomaru, my new guardian. You must forgive Dante, he was really excited when he saw his new home. I'm Persephone Brunette, by I'm sure you know that by now."
Sign up to rate and review this story