Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Side Deck

Side Deck

by Mikari 0 reviews

A collection of Yu-Gi-Oh! crossovers.

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Parody - Characters: Seto Kaiba - Published: 2009-07-17 - Updated: 2009-07-17 - 706 words - Complete

1Exciting
My Site: http://piratesboard.net/mikari/

Art Archives:
http://mikaristar.deviantart.com
http://mikaristar.sheezyart.com
http://fanart-central.net/profile-AzureMikari.php
http://artgrounds.com/gallery/Mikari/
http://anipan.com/21462/
http://pixiv.net/member.php?id=4828776
http://pinterest.com/mikariazure/

Side Deck

Card 01 Summary: Many authors put their favorite character in hard situations that they don't escape without injury. Such is the case of Seto Kaiba and Jake 'Razor' Clawson.

Card 01: Tortured Chocolate (Swat Kats)

The two people hiding among the branches of the tall tree, didn't have a lot in common other than the fact they were both male, both had brown hair and they were both secretly super heroes.

One was the CEO of a famous corporation and the other was a mechanic. Secretly, the CEO was the hero with the blue eyes white dragon mask and armor known as Dragoon, who no one believed to be in any way related to Seto Kaiba, since this kind of thing was very out of character for him.

The mechanic was known by his real name as Jake Clawson, but he was also Razor of the Swat Kats, nicknamed Sure Shot at times. Why no one ever saw the Turbo Kat fly towards the hangar that was supposedly a repair shop, it is unknown. Maybe it was for the same reason no one ever considered the possibility that Dragoon was in fact Seto Kaiba under the influence of a lot of sugar.

For the most part their identities were safe, at least until someone decided to reveal their identities in a story and endanger their lives somehow, again.

After establishing what they have in common, I'm sure you must already know what their main differences are. One is a human and the other a kat. Yes, that's kat with k, not the pet kind. He is the kind also known as lynx on planets Lynxia and Splatty.

Jake, being a feline, climbed to the tree quite easily but Seto had some trouble, especially because he refused to leave his precious silver, bulletproof briefcase behind. So Jake had to give him a hand. Normally Seto wouldn't accept help, but in light of his current situation, he made an exception just this once, since his life once was in danger.

You might be asking yourself what is the situation that drew those two to hide up in that tree in the first place; homicidal fan girls of course. Though they were not dangerous on purpose, they were just excited to find their heroes.

While their respective tag along and partner, Mokuba and Chance (aka T-Bone), tried to distract the crazy fans long enough to provide their brother or best friend with some time to escape, there they waited hidden from harm's way, up in the tree.

Sure the fans claim they love them and they don't doubt it's true. But that doesn't mean that pain is any less painful when it is inflicted with love. Good intentions aside, they would be torn apart in the tug-of-war.

Deep down they appreciated the attention of the fans, but they needed some time to breathe, physically heal and mentally recover. Okay, maybe it was too late for that last one, but at least they could still breathe and physically heal, hopefully.

Such is the price of being the favorite. You'd think being loved meant receiving love. But instead they got chased by Mary Sues, have been seriously injured, emotionally scarred for life and even killed several times. How or why they keep coming back to life, nobody knows, maybe it's fan power or something.

Why must the favorites get tortured? That was the question that they both shared. Was it their brown hair, they wondered? Maybe it reminded people of chocolate. Chocolate they wanted to chew on and melt and find other ways to torture their beloved candy. In the middle of their stress induced temporary insanity, that's what they concluded. They were tortured chocolate.

End of Card 01

It's mostly a Yu-Gi-Oh! and Swat Kats crossover, but there's a small hint of Atomic Betty in there too. Don't we all torture our favorite characters in stories every now and then? XD Disclaimer, I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh!, Swat Kats or Atomic Betty.
Sign up to rate and review this story