Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Let Go

by killxsmile 4 reviews

Making it known.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-07-21 - Updated: 2009-07-22 - 1866 words - Complete

5Moving
Author's Note: Straight to business today.

THANK YOUS
somethingorother: You might get your wish.
Lmao at the ostrich idea. I came up with an idea with an ostrich for future chapter before you wrote about it in your review. Haha. Now I can't wait to post that. lol.

No, I don't think you ramble too much. I actually appreciate it. It's very entertaining, and gets me thinking.

tryingtohard_x: Chloe and Paul are going to get closer. That's all I'm saying for now.

Aww, a tiger cub would be cute. But a full-grown tiger would be quite dangerous.

doyleangel: Yep. Paul's a sweetie. But Alex is sorry. Oh, the conflict.

Hehe. Rabbit's noses are adorable.

STORY BELOWWW

“Time to wake up, princess!” John said, sliding my bunk curtain open.

“Huh?” I said, lifting my head.

“We’re at the venue.”

“Oh, alright,” I sleepily replied, swinging my legs off the side of the bunk.

“Here, this should help you get moving,” he said, handing me a caramel frappuccino.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

With that he disappeared into the front of the bus. I sat there for a few minutes, just sipping on my coffee and letting the caffeine take its effect.

After setting my cup on the floor, I went over to my bag and grabbed acid washed jeans and a Drop Dead t-shirt. Too lazy to go to the bathroom, I changed in my bunk, then picked my coffee up once again.

When the pimp’s in the club ma--

Chuckling, I turned around and grabbed my phone.

“Jack?” I answered after reading his name on the screen.

“Yessir. We just got to the venue. Where are you?”

“Just about to get off the bus.”

“Alright. See you in a few, then.”

“Kay, bye.”

“Byeee.”

I slipped the device into my pocket then proceeded toward the front of the bus.

“Morning,” I greeted.

“Ready to get this show on the road?” Bryan asked.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Okay, we just have to wait for Paul.”

When the guitarist emerged from the bathroom, I noticed that his face was a lot smoother than it had been the day before.

“You shaved,” I commented as he grabbed a pair of sunglasses.

“Girls love a baby face,” he said, chuckling.

“Alright, let’s go,” John said, leading the procession off the bus.

When we arrived at the venue, it was apparent that the boys of BLG and WTK were trying to keep me occupied.

Martin quickly set up the Wii in their dressing room. Once I expressed the slightest sign of boredom, Jack, Bryan and Drew sucked me into a game of poker. Once that was over, Paul brought me over the catering room. Then when I was stuffed with pretzels and cherry Coke, Travis and I played a game of Uno Attack with Danny and Hunter. And the list goes on. And on.

“Where are you going?” John asked as he continued searching for his sunglasses.

“Chill, I’m just going to the bathroom.

“Oh, alright.”

“I’ll go with you,” Jessica said, taking a break from the search as well.

With that, she followed me into the hallway.

“Do you really need to use the bathroom?” she asked, once outside.

“Not really,” I admitted.

“Thought so,” she said. “I apologize on the guys behalf. They’re pretty much suffocating you.”

“I know, but they mean well,” I said, shrugging. “If I’m constantly doing something, I don’t have time to mope.”

“True, but a girl still needs a little breathing room.”

I nodded and we continued wandering around the venue. Soon enough, sound check rolled around, signaling that it was time to get our asses backstage.

When it came time for the actual show, We The Kings and Boys Like Girls set’s went by without a hitch. All Time Low, however, wasn’t as lucky.

Yet again, my brother was being blatantly rude to Alex, but this time, I couldn’t blame him. Jack could have pushed Alex off the stage and I wouldn’t have blinked

“Let’s get out of here,” Paul said, coming up from behind me. “I don’t think Jack would mind if we left.”

I nodded and followed him back onto the bus. Once there, we plopped onto the couch and started watching television. An hour or so later, commotion outside of the bus caught my attention.

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!”

“NOT UNTIL I CAN TALK TO HER!”

Upon hearing this, I got up and peered out the window. Martin and Alex were yelling at each other while John and Bryan ran damage control.

“IF SHE WANTED TO TALK TO YOU, SHE WOULDN’T HAVE LEFT IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SET!” Martin said, shoving Alex.

At this, Bryan lunged toward Alex and held him back.

“Where are you going?” Paul asked as I walked toward the door.

“To talk to Alex.”

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea--”

“I’m not sure about it either…” I admitted. “But I’ll have to do it sooner or later.”

He nodded before looking to the floor.

“Just remember we’ll kick his ass if he does anything stupid…”

“I know,” I said, with a half smile.

Once I stepped outside, everything went silent.

“Could you guys give me a minute with Alex?” I asked, walking toward the group.

“If he tries anything--”

“Don’t worry, Martin,” I reassured, stepping past him.

He shot a death glare at Alex before getting onto the bus with Bryan and John. After what seemed like an eternity of silence, I spoke up.

“What do you want from me Alex?”

“I want you, Chloe. I want things to be how they used to be.”

“Well you don’t always get what you want. Sometimes you get what you deserve,” I said, unaffected by his empty words.

“Please--”

“Please what?”

“I--I never meant to hurt you, Chloe. I’m sorry--”

I winced as those words left his lips. They were the exact same ones Eric had fed me after I’d caught him underneath a redhead.

With those wounds opened once again, all of my emotions were amplified.

Sadness turned to despondency.
Anger turned to rage.
Disgust turned to hatred.

“Did you honestly think I’d forgive you?”

“You’re still on tour. I thought--”

“THERE’S A REASON I’M ON A DIFFERENT BUS, ALEX!” I screamed.

A mixture of shock and sadness spread across his face as I stood in front of him.

“God, get the fuck over yourself! I’m here to make sure my brother doesn’t fuck everything up by killing the douchebag lead singer,” I spat. “Don’t you get it? We’re over.”

Speechless, he averted his eyes to the ground as I headed back to the BLG bus.

“Chloe--”

“Just stay the fuck away from me…” I replied, not looking back.

He broke my heart, so I broke his.
An eye for an eye.
Justice.
Karma.

He lost. I won.
But what was the prize?

I sure as hell didn’t feel any happier as I walked away. With every step, my new found sense of pride was replaced with immense guilt.

In my head, it didn’t play out like this.

It was supposed to make things better, not worse.
I was supposed to feel relief, not remorse.

I loved him. He loved me.
But like Connor Oberst said, love’s no storybook. It’s an excuse to get hurt.

Stepping back onto the bus, I disregarded the concerned glances being shot my way, I went straight to my bunk. Taking a seat, I took a deep breath and hoped that by some miracle, it would help me to fight back the oncoming tears.

It was fucking pathetic.
There I was, crying like a little bitch, because I broke up with a boy who cheated on me.

Nothing about that statement sounded rational.

I guess that should have been expected, since I was never a rational person. After all, I’d gotten involved with Alex, despite the fact that I’d been one of his one night stands in high school.

Some things just never fucking change.

I’m still an idiot, falling for the wrong guys.
He’s still a prick that only cares about getting drunk and getting ass.

So knowing this, why the fuck did I still want him back?
Why did I regret breaking things off with him?
Why was I still crying?

I’m a moron for staying with him.
I’m a moron for leaving him.
I’m fucked either way.

After a few minutes, there was a soft knock at the door.

“Is is alright if I come in?” Paul asked.

“Yeah,” I quietly replied after wiping my tears away.

He carefully opened the door and shut it behind him before taking a seat next to me.

“What happened?” he asked, voice full of concern.

“I told him it was over…”

That being said, he wrapped his arm around me as I leaned onto him.

“I thought I’d feel better after I let it all out, but now I just feel like a total bitch… The look on his face… God. What the fuck’s wrong with me?”

“Nothing’s wrong with you, Chloe,” he said, thumbing my tears away.

“Then why do I feel like this is all my fault?” I asked as fresh tears spilled down my cheeks. “If he was happy with me, he wouldn’t have slept with that groupie in the first place…”

“STOP.”

He took my face in his hands, forcing me to look up at him.

Alex was the one who fucked up, alright? Not you.”

I looked down, no longer able to meet his gaze.

As much as I wanted to believe him, I couldn’t. None of my relationships ever worked out. I had assumed that something was wrong with my exes, but all along it was me.

I wasn’t sensitive enough. I wasn’t smart enough. I wasn’t pretty enough. I wasn’t skinny enough. I wasn’t happy enough. I wasn’t funny enough. I was never enough.

If I was, I would’ve been able to keep a guy.

+++++
Scores:
Team Alex - 3
Team Paul - 0

If you're reading this, please rate and or review.
It's the only way I know you're still there.
Fo' real.

Q&A #11: What's the spiciest food you've ever eaten?

I ate the center of a habanero pepper in AP Lang last year (we already took the AP exam, so it was a 'bring weird food in' day). I did it because my teacher said it was the hottest one out of all the peppers we had, so I was like, "Why not? I like spicy food." For a few seconds I was okay. Then it kicked me in the stomach. Then the face. I calmly walked out of the room, but soon enough I was crying and running down the hallway toward a water fountain. It was THAT FUCKING HOT. Afterward, I was positive that I'd burned a hole into my tongue.
Sign up to rate and review this story