Categories > Original > Fantasy

Vexorian Threat

by Curufinwe444 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-07-28 - Updated: 2009-07-28 - 4281 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1: Solution



I was always told to look up to the church of Hadharan and always abide by its teachings. But what if its teachings condemned me to death? Should I still abide by it when it comes in conflict with my own very life? Why should I give up my life for something that was not under my control? How am I responsible for their heresy? The Church of Hadharan holds an iron grip over the entire world of Amethyst. Those who do not follow their teachings are quickly put to death, and yet the people still love the church. Mind Control.

I am a Vexorian, the scourge of mankind, the bane of existence, the Enemy of the Church. My whole life has been hell. Not for one moment was I ever given happiness. When I was five I was branded the hateful title of “Vexorian” and was chased out by my own parents. My own flesh and blood, my only family turned on me. From there on out my life has become that of a nightmare. Hated, Hunted, Detested, Feared everywhere I went.

Thou, I am not alone in this conflict. There are many others like me, many other Vexorians. We take up one out of every hundred thousand of the world’s total population. We are the eye soar of the Church of Hadharan. The one thing they have no control over. What separates us from everyone else? What makes us so different? We are the anomalies of life. Anomalies that no one can figure out, not even the church, and people always FEAR what they don’t know. Vexorians in short are gods. We have powers that people could only dream of. That is why the Church fears US, they fear what WE can DO. For only the Vexorians have the power to reshape the world and save the people from the Church of Hadharan.

Then there is the Evercha. The top five most wanted Vexorians in the entire world, It is curious that the Church labeled the top five most deadly Vexorians, Evercha For that was what the Old Gods where called, Before the Rise of Hadharan. I happened to be one of them. Nerios Novahn, Evercha of Lightning and currently the most wanted Evercha, my head being worth one hundred thousand gold. I am wanted for the murder of High Inquisitor Vertjante and the Destruction of Hadharan’s Grand Cathedral. And to top it off, I am the Son of Ex-General Vincent Novahn, the War Hero of the Ikenos War. My Parents where both executed in the capital city, Delmont, for high treason against the church. In Reality, it was because they failed to kill me, and I had caused the death of the Highest Inquisitor. Thou I did not feel pity for my parents, for they alone had been one of the main factors in decimating my life.

Next is Serophos Anderon, Known as the Soul Keeper, and the Evercha of Death. His head is currently worth, eighty thousand gold, for the murder of High Inquistor Greel, the Father of High Priestess Rithen Habbix, Who is Currently the third strongest power in the world. Out of all the people I have met, he is the most Dangerous.

Selena Mikal, Evercha of Blood comes in third with a bounty of forty three thousand, for the recent infiltration of the World Prison and freeing the two Evercha from bondage, Henrik Sol and Nikolai Torak. Herik Sol, Evercha of Earth comes in fourth with his bounty being forty thousand flat, for being the only Vexorian to infiltrate the ranks of the Armee and gaining the rank of General. Then lastly Nikolai Torak, Evercha of Illusion with a bounty of thirty-five thousand, for the assassination of Head Gaoler, Kahak.

With the event of the jailbreak, the Church could no longer keep the people quiet and have summoned a Council that will be held tomorrow in the Capital city Delmont. But now the big question is, What happens Next? What will the Church of Hadharan do? I can only guess one thing. Genocide. The extermination of all Vexorians. The time of peace is gone, and now no one shall go unscathed.


I was asked once by a child, “Who is the Real enemy, Vexorians or the Church of Hadharan?”

Saying Vexorians aren’t would make me a liar. Vexorians are no saints, they have committed there fair shares of atrocities. The Question that should’ve been asked is , What is the difference between Good and Evil? That is the real question. And even that is a perspective question. For Good and Evil are but both sides of the same coin. From ones point of view, they could see the Church as their Savior and Protector from Vexorians. And on the other, it could be the exact opposite. Only time will tell. But my thoughts are still the same. There is no such thing as Good or Evil, its all Human Nature. Good and Evil are just labels, to make life simple, making it either one or the other.



Belefon Daiar stood in the middle of the council room, surrounded by darkness. The Voice of Hadharan was before all the greatest leaders of the world, all High-Ranking Military Officers and Kings. He was not afraid thou, he had lost all fear back in the previous wars.
Lord Daiar was a rather tall man, standing an impressive six foot four, and for a Hadran that was quite impressive. Daiar wore a traditional Crimson robe which covered his entire body. He had short blonde hair with piercing blue eyes, and was young, but had the wisdom of an old man. He had found the Religion of Hadharan (which literally means Lord of Hadran) over hundred years ago, and yet he had not age.

“This is a disaster Daiar! With the jail break in Verdugo the citizens will begin to question whether or not we can keep them safe!” Shouted a voice.

“Even with all of our defences, we are still powerless against the Vexorians! How are we supposed to protect the citizens when we can’t even protect ourselves?” shouted another.

“How are they still even alive? We have created laws to kill them at a young age when there powers are still unripe! How are there still so many?!”

“We are in the biggest Crisis of our century! The fall of Inquisitors Greel and Verjante, were bad enough, but now the World Prison? The People have no hope in us!”

“You are all over reacting, as long as we have the church; we have control over the people.” Daiar reassured. “Just have a little faith, new inquisitors will rise up in the stead of Greel and Verjante. As long as the people have faith in the Church of Hadharan they will not doubt us..

“Damnit Daiar! Your not listening! This isn’t a game, the people will-“

“You underestimate the power of Religion. When people do panic what is the first thing they do? They pray to Hadharan for help. Not the police, or the Military. Hadharan, they pray that he will help them in there time of need.”

“Perhaps Daiar you are right, but what happens when the Evercha come to your doorstep? What happens if they come and kill the High Priestess? Or even you? Will the people still have faith?

Daiar Frowned. There could only be one person who would intelligent enough to think that. Field Marshal Alukar. Dekarious Alukar, known as the Peoples Hero. He had been a Thorn in Daiar’s side since he reached the rank of Field Marshal three years ago. He was the only one bold enough to even challenge him.

“That will never happen. The murder of both Verjante and Greel, were mere accidents. The Evercha have no will to go after Church leaders. Verjante and Greel just happened to be at the wrong place at the right time. As for the Destruction of the Grand Cathedral…that was merely Novahn sending a message to leave him alone. I believe he will not attack us unless we corner him.”

“Are you Oblivious? Do you not see what is going on here? Up until now, Vexorians always fended for themselves, never traveling in groups. Don’t you find it odd that they would all of a sudden randomly start helping each other? Why would they start now? When they have had all these years to band together? The answer is simple. We have pushed them into a corner to many times. They are now going to retaliate; they are no longer scared of dying. They no longer have anything to lose, and know the only chance they have at destroying us, must be accomplished with there comrades.”

“Are you suggesting what I think you are? You think the Evercha are going to declare war on us?”

“We need to make the first strike, There is only Five of them, they will stand no chance if we attack first!”

“If One Evercha was able to infiltrate the most defended Prison in the world and break out with prisoners unscathed, what chance does the Military have against Five? Lucky for you I have found a weakness that all Vexorians have, including the Evercha. Has it ever accrued to you, that the Vexorians don’t mate? All the Vexorians that have been born have been freak accidents. So logically people would think Vexorians mated to produce Vexorian offspring.”

“What are you getting at? I’ve already said Vexorians always traveled alone, maybe now that there teaming up there might be Offspring’s.”

“No, that is not it at all, I presume you all remember the West Incident, Where a Vexorian raped Baron West’s Daughter? The Vexorian was never seen again, but recently it was found hiding out in a cave north of the Baron’s City, what was remarkable was the Vexorian was weak and sick, and he no longer had his powers.”

Chatter aroused through the darkness. They where finally catching on, and now Daiar had complete focus of everyone, and nothing Alukar said could avert them. Olmer laughed to him self. This would be his first step in getting rid of Alukar from snooping around. Daiar cleared his throat then spoke with a potent voice.

“Yes, you have realized it, Sex removes their powers! It is poison to the Vexorians, there Main weakness! We could use this to our advantage! As we know when anyone reaches there teenage years, there desire for Intercourse is at there highest! And that is how we will stop them!”

“So you’re suggesting we make an armee of whores to get ride of the Vexorians? Have you gone mad?” Alukar retorted. “What about the Evercha? I am pretty sure, they will not be seduced, they are far too old. This solution only rids of us half the initial situation. You still have not answered me Belefon Daiar, What will we do against the Evercha! They are our main priority! If you say direct assault will not vanquish them, then what will?

The room went silent, even Lord Daiar was speechless, Alukar would challenge him to the ends of the earth. Not only that but he competed with Daiar for power. The Field Marshal was no fool, he knew that if he could upstage him, he could gain enough to power to permanently silence Daiar. A tall figure emerged from the shadows and entered the spotlight next to Daiar. His skin was dark unlike Daiar’s fair skin, he was taller then Daiar by only an inch and his body was much larger then his as well. He wore traditional Military uniform of a grey trench coat with large black boots as well as black military cap. This was none other then Field Marshal Dekarius Alukar. Belefon stared into his dark eyes unable to tear his gaze. Here was the only man who stood in his way in complete domination of the council’s wills.

“Since Lord Daiar, has no solution to the Evercha Threat, I will make one. With everyones permission, I would request we release Malice, Anathema and Agor from prison, They have experience in dealing with Vexorians, they could be are only shot at defeating them.”

“I Object!” Daiar countered quickly. “They are nothing but savages, who worship our old enemies, the Ikenos! If we release them they will no doubt cause more havoc then the Evercha themselves! Lets say they do kill the Evercha how would we maintain control of them afterwards?”

“We don’t, After their battle with the Evercha, we kill them, without a doubt they will be worn out and will not be able to defend themselves, it is killing two birds with one stone! This is too good of an opportunity to pass up!”

“Desperate times call for desperate measures! I agree with the Field Marshal, let us release the Ikenos Worshippers!” called out a voice.

“We are no Mongrels! Releasing the Ikenos Worshippers would be catastrophic! Lord Daiar’s Plan is the most sound” said another

“What if, we did both? Let the Military use the Ikenos Worshippers to take care of the Evercha, while Lord Daiar and the Church take care of the Vexorian?

The vote was clear. Field Marshal Alukar would use the Ikenos Worshippers and the Military to take care of the Evercha, while Lord Daiar and the Church took care of the Vexorian. Even though the meeting ended well, the Hatred between Alukar and Daiar still fumed, and would burn forever more.

***********************

After the meeting Alukar stood outside the council chamber waiting, as all the other Officers and Kings left talking amongst themselves, some even congratulating the Field Marshal. On the opposite side of the Field Marshal Alukar was Lord Daiar’s Right hand man, Lord Setrion. Setrion was a recluse man, saying little to nothing at all, but always at Daiar’s side. He was shorter then the Voice of Hadharan, but was easily more sinister of the two. His eyes where red, extremely rare in any species, but all of his other features where cloaked by his heavy crimson garbs that covered his face and body.
The halls outside the council room where alabaster and tainted exotic designs. The Building was built during the years of the Ikenos, so many of there influences where still found in the halls, nevertheless the building served as a great council building. Belefon Daiar emerged atlas and strode down the hall, Immediately Setrion was at his side. As Daiar walked away his hand rose and his middle finger was extended.

Alukar knew that was meant for him, for the head of a church, he sure did not act like it. Last out of the chamber was two military officers, the ones Alukar had been waiting for. Brigadier General Tiaroth Stilzer and Colonel Karen Tornex. Together the three of them left the council building into the courtyard. The sky was cloudy like usual, the heavens themselves where crying ever since the death of Inquisitors Verjante and Greel. A carriage awaited the three as they got to the centre of the courtyard.

“Well damn, wasn’t today just exciting, not only did we declare war on the Vexorians, but Alukar also manage to piss off Lord Daiar.” Stilzer mocked as he took a step into the carriage.

“All in a days work eh?” Tornex laughed as she entered after him.

“Mock me all you guys want but, what I did was for the better.” Alukar replied as he followed them both in closing the door. The carriage took off leaving the magnificent courtyard behind.

“So releasing three Ikenos Fanatics from jail is for the better eh?” Stilzer mocked again, as he lit himself a cigar. “Shit you got me”

“I am not going to let the arrogant False Prophet Daiar upstage me.” Aluakr countered as he lit himself a cigar as well. “Besides using them is am ingenious idea and you know it.”

“Not saying it wasn’t, but it was a bit rash.” Stilzer laughed as he blew smoke outside the window. “But hey Tornex aren’t you happy? Wasn’t it your dream to hunt down the Evercha who killed you fiancé?”

“A Bit” she smiled. “But ill be even happier when I dig his heart out with my bare hands”

Alukar Chuckled. But he couldn’t help be still feel sorry for her. Her main reason for joining the Military was to seek revenge on the Evercha who took her fiancé’s life. To live a life of revenge, must be painful. Thou thankfully it wasn’t always on her mind, she was still able to have a life without. Same with Stilzer, his best friend was killed by an Evercha right before his eyes, and was powerless to stop him. Their hatred for the Evercha had brought them together, and the three where even more devastated when General Henrik Sol turned out to be an Evercha himself. With him gone they have become a group of three instead of four.

“So we have the permission to release the Ikenos Worshippers?” Tornex said breaking the silence. “When do we plan on doing that?

“When we reach Verdugo, we are suppose to release and brief them immediately” Stilzer Answered. “Though you do know, those Ikenos Worshipers aren’t stupid, they know we would be using them.”

“Perhaps, but I think there lust for blood will outweigh what happens to them later.” Alukar retorted. “What I really wonder about is, what are the Evercha up to? They are spilt. Blood, Earth and Illusion are up north from Verdugo, we know that for a fact. Death was last seen far south of Tenochik, which is pretty much on the other side of the world.”

“And Novahn?” Karen questioned. “What about him?”

Stilzer and Alukar both looked at each other. Lightning was the hardest of the Evercha to track, not because he killed the people following him, but because he was extremely swift. As his power suggest, he can move as fast as lightning. On terms of danger, Lightning was the lowest, he never attacked villages like Death, which brought up an interesting argument. Why did the Church label lightning as the highest threat, when he was the most passive? On terms of destructive nature, Death was worse.

“Your guess is as good as mine, Colonel.” The Field Marshal responded

“Let us make haste then, to Verdugo, the sooner we get there the sooner, we can begin the hunt.” Tornex smiled.

Everyone knew how badly Tornex wanted to hunt Novahn. He was not only the murderer of her fiancé, but also his brother. She still remembered the night of his murderer, the horror, the betrayal. It was after that incident that she joined the Military, and with skills and intelligence she was able to make Colonel in less than ten years. Karen Tornex was also the first and only female able to gain rank higher then a corporal. She was also quite intimidating, though her beauty did not show it. She stood five foot ten, and had long blood red hair, her eyes a beautiful green and here skin flawless. Behind it all she had the shortest temper, and when she was angry, everyone who was smart stayed clear of her.

“Well we better make ourselves comfortable we got a two day ride from here to Verdugo.” Stilzer grunted.

************************

“DAMNIT! How much longer will this Field Marshal ruin my plans!” Daiar yelled, as he paced in his office, with Lord Setrion standing by the entrance to his office. His Office was small, but filled with shelves with scrolls upon scrolls, his little desk in the middle was messy with ripped paper and unfolded scrolls.

“We need the Evercha alive Setrion! If they hunt them down with the Ikneos Worshippers it will be catastrophic!

“M’lord you must calm down, Once Serophos and Nerios learn of there release, the Worshippers will be hunted down by them, after all they cannot resist a challenge. These Ikenos Worshippers will not get far.”

“Setrion, you are young and where not alive during the Ikenos Supremacy, so I cant expect you to understand. Ikenos are not someone to trifle with, they are a dangerous lot.

“M’lord then what will you do?”

“Nothing, we have to pray, that Anderon and Novahn can take them. If I should do something it would ruin my plans. But let us get off that topic and now focus on Project Valkyrie and get things moving.”

“Yes M’Lord”

Setrion left Belefon Daiar alone in his quarters. The Voice of Hadharan had lost this fight, but he would be there, when Alukar slips up, but for now he must occupy his time plotting in the shadows. He would wait, just like how he waiting centuries beforehand. Once Project Valkyrie was in motion he could use his success as an advantage against Alukar. Daiar Smiled, in the end everything would shape in his favor. Daiar had many renown names over the Millennium, but the Church of Hadharan would be his triumph, for there was not a single soul, who could stop him, not Alukar, nor the Ikenos nor the Evercha.

Daiar sat down at his desk, and shuffled through all his ripped papers and scrolls. Everything here was incidents regarding Serophos Anderon. That Vexorian was proving to become quite troublesome, more so then Novahn. In the past week Serophos had destroyed four small, but loyal villages. And now they come pleading to him to stop this menace. No one could understand Anderon’s Destructive nature, but Daiar knew. Anderon was trying to call Novahn out of hiding.

They had fought once before, inside Hadharan’s Great Cathedral, it was their battle that destroyed the Cathedral. The battle had ended in a draw, but Serophos wasn’t satisfied, he wanted to kill Nerios. Anderon wanted to prove to the world, that he was the strongest. Apparently, the only way to do accomplish this is to kill him. But in reality, they both could never kill each other. Both where unique cases for Vexorians.

Serophos’ power was drawn from the souls that he captured, which adds to his strength. With each soul he could use it in many flexible ways, such as in powerful blasts, or in controlling inanimate objects and even minding controlling people, creating an armee of undead, or even creating a gargantuan spectral beast.

Nerios’ power on the other hand, was extremely different. Nerios was able to generate and manipulate lightning within his own body, what was truly amazing was his ability to make Thunderstorms, when he has no control over weather what so ever. However unlike Serophos, Novahn’s powers are not flexible, since he is limited to only moving at fast speeds, and shooting lightning. However that does not mean he is weaker, What Nerios lacks in Flexibility he makes up in devastating force. Being able to unleash a overwhelming thunderstorm, which could destroy an entire city within moments.

The other three Evercha were “small fries” compared to these two. It still would be unwise to underestimate them, but he had already seen the extent of their powers, and knew what they could achieve and what they could not. Another special point on interest was High Prietess, Rithen Habbix. The blessing she had received from Hadharan, had given her different powers then all the other Inquisitors. She also was a special case, it could very well be possible, that she was a Vexorian, but wasn’t aware of it. Nor did she show signs of a Vexorian

.Daiar got up and strenched himself, he had been sitting down for quite a while, four hours to be exact, but when he was focused in his reasarch time did happen to fly by quick. The Voice of Hadharan walked out of his office into the Grand Central Chamber of Alpha, the largest church of Hadharan. The chamber was decorated with traditional Hadran designs, of Crimson flames upon granite on the walls. The chamber itself was held up by four mighty pillars in each corner. In the center was a large stone throne, where the High Priestess sat, when the Church was open to the public. Many of the citizens would come to her asking for blessings and prayers.

Daiar wondered how many lives he had saved when he opened the church of Hadharan over hundred years ago. How many lives he had been able to help in their time of need. The church had provide more protection over the citizens then the military ever had. The military had slowly become corrupted over the years, thou ironically Alukar was one of the non corrupted ones, and he had turned into Daiar’s main rival.

Rithen sat at the throne as gorgeous as ever. She was the most beautiful women he had ever seen in all his years. She had long blonde hair with stunning blue eyes, and was most enchanting about her was that her fair skin had a porcelain glow to it. And that was what made her such a popular icon. While Daiar was admiring her, Setrion manage to creep up behind him, quiet like as ever.

“M’Lord, you have a visitor”

Daiar nodded, it had been a while since he had a spy report back to him. For after the council meeting three days before, more of his spy reported back to him with intresting information. The days of peace where long gone. The world would now enter a new Era, like none they had seen before.
Sign up to rate and review this story