Categories > Original > Romance

Raindrops

by SweetSarmoti 0 reviews

Part of my Stand Still, Look Pretty series. Raven decides he and Taylor must go out in the rain and Taylor, as usual, goes along with whatever Raven decides in the interest of keeping the peace.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-08-01 - Updated: 2009-08-02 - 1646 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: Raindrops

Author: Allison Wonderland

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Raven decides he and Taylor must go out in the rain and Taylor, as usual, goes along with whatever Raven decides in the interest of keeping the peace.

Warning(s): Language, slashiness.

Disclaimer: Raven Reyes and Taylor Rochette are my property, as is their fashion label Fantasticka. Do not use either the characters or the label without asking.

Note(s): It was raining today and I just couldn’t help writing about it.

Word Count: 1,618

For the millionth time Taylor wonders why – and how – he had allowed Raven to talk him into getting out of a perfectly good taxi and wandering into the middle – at least he thinks it’s the middle – of Central Park on a weekday morning when they really should be at the Fantasticka offices by now. To make matters worse – and Taylor more confused – it is raining, not one of those nice little showers that barely gets one damp and stops almost as soon as it starts but one of those hard, pounding rainstorms that soaks one to the skin the moment it starts and does not let up for hours, and they have only Raven’s pink plastic Hello Kitty umbrella to protect them from the cold, wet downpour. Raven appears to enjoy the cold rain almost as much as he enjoys his hot bath every night. He dances through the wet grass like a…a…some sort of nature fairy or male nymph or something, his bright pink unicorn t-shirt and the skinniest skinny jeans Taylor has ever seen clinging wetly to his body. There is grass stain on the left knee of his white pants from where he has already fallen, his gold ballet flats having skidded on the wet grass once and threatening to do so again at any moment, and his bleached blond hair is plastered to his head. But on his face is the biggest smile Taylor has ever seen and he has rarely looked more beautiful and seems completely unaware of the fact that it is April and it is raining and it is cold.

Raven tips his head back, closes his eyes, and opens his mouth, letting the rain pour in. He remains in that position so long Taylor fears he will drown. All thoughts of drowning are completely driven out of Taylor’s head when Raven’s pink tongue peeks out of his mouth and laps up the rain on his lips. He stretches out his arms as wide as he can and spins, the perfect picture of childish innocence except that he has just recently turned twenty-five. It makes even Taylor, wet and cold as he is, smile. Raven giggles as raindrops slide down his cheeks and Taylor shifts the pink plastic umbrella – more toy than functional – to his other hand in a vain hope that it will keep his oh-so-not-waterproof cowboy had dryer if he holds it in his left hand. It does not.

Raven spins around once more, giggles, and approaches Taylor to place a sloppy wet kiss on his boyfriend’s cheek. His lips are warm against Taylor’s chilled skin. “You should close the umbrella, Taylor,” he says. Then he giggles yet again. You aren’t the wicked witch. A little rain won’t melt you.”

“I can’t,” he says. “My hat is suede and you of all people should know what happens to suede when it gets wet.” His boots are not suede but neither are they waterproof and Taylor knows they are already ruined. He does not want to have to go shopping for both hat and boots, particularly not if he has to take Raven with him.

Raven grins like a naughty child who, if he is not already, will soon be up to something.

Taylor knows that look. Taylor does not like that look. Even if it is cute.

“You’re getting wet anyway,” Raven points out. His Hello Kitty umbrella is cute but not really functional which is okay because Raven places cuteness above functionality when he goes shopping. He pouts prettily because he knows Taylor cannot resist his big sad eyes and trembling lip.

And yet it seems Taylor has been building up his resistance to The Look because he does not cave in. Instead he gives Raven a look of his own, one that says ‘I-am-not­-amused.’ “Raven,” he says in an ‘if-you-really-were-the-child-you-think-you-are-I-would-spank-you-so-hard-you-would-not-sit-down-for-a-week’ tone. Taylor is cold and wet and they are late for work at the Fantasticka office, which is warm and dry.

Raven frowns because Taylor always plays with him when he wants to play. He has never been refused and Taylor will play whether he wants to or not. With that thought barely having passed through his head, Raven abruptly leaps forward and snatches the umbrella’s pink plastic handle out of Taylor’s hand.

He giggles and skips backward as Taylor, nearly as wet as Raven after only a few seconds of being without an umbrella, makes an attempt to take the umbrella back from Raven’s quick little hands. The same playful grin he has already given Taylor once returns to his face and he hops back another step only to hold out the umbrella as a sort of peace offering. His boyfriend reaches for it. Still giggling Raven turns around so Taylor is unable to get the umbrella.

And runs.

“Damn it, Raven!” Taylor shouts and, since it is the only thing he can do, runs after Raven, his snakeskin boots slipping on the wet grass with every stride. Raven is undeniably adorable with his perpetually happy childlike behavior but sometimes – like now – he can also be annoying and Taylor just wants to yell at him to grow up already, he’s twenty five years old for fuck’s sake.

Raven glances over his shoulder to see how close Taylor is. He is not watching where he is going and his ballet flats – comfortable and stylish for work in an office but absolutely useless when it comes to running around on wet grass in Central Park – slip. Taylor reaches out to grab him but the force of Raven’s fall is too much. They both go down, landing hard enough to knock their breath out. The umbrella flies out of Raven’s hand and lands on the grass several feet away.

The moment they land, before Raven can figure out what has happened and take off running again, Taylor catches both of his wrists in one hand and pins them to the ground over his head then settles himself astride his lover so Raven can not move before Taylor wants him to. “You,” he says, looking down at the man lying on the ground beneath him, “are without a doubt the worst brat I have ever had the misfortune of meeting!”

Raven giggles without even trying to get away. “But you love me,” he says as if he has no doubt it is true.

Taylor shakes his head. “Somehow I do,” he says, still exasperated. Sometimes he has no idea what to do with Raven. The blond is half man, half child and all lovably infuriating.

“You’re sexy when you’re mad at me,” Raven says. There is no connection between his better judgment and his mouth. Any thought that pops into his mind immediately comes out of his mouth.

“Then I must be damn irresistible just now,” Taylor says. He glares at Raven to hide the smile threatening to reveal itself. It is impossible to stay angry at his blonde ambition for longer than a few minutes at any one time. To avoid whatever random thought Raven might come out with next Taylor kisses him. It starts out gently then Taylor slips his tongue out to lick Raven’s bubble gum flavored lips. Raven opens his mouth and Taylor takes the opportunity to taste every inch of the opening that gets him into so much trouble. The need for air is what finally drives them apart. “Do you think you can behave if I let you up now?” Taylor asks. His knees are cold and wet where they rest in the grass on either side of Raven’s hips so he knows Raven has to be cold too, not to mention soaked.

“No,” Raven says matter-of-factly.

Taylor is unsure what to do because he had not anticipated Raven’s negative answer so he takes the opportunity to kiss Raven again.

Some minutes later Taylor realizes they – particularly Raven – are lying on the wet, cold grass. “We need to get back to work now,” he says. “Both of us are going to end up with some horrible disease if we don’t get up.” The thought of Raven with a horrible disease is not pleasant. Raven being ill in any way is unpleasant because Raven is a terrible patient and it is Taylor who has to take care of him.

Raven shivers. “But I like this,” he claims.

“Of course you do.” Keeping a firm hold on both of Raven’s wrists Taylor stands, pulling his Hello Kitty obsessed boyfriend up at the same time. He is not letting go until Raven is firmly back at the office with his ass firmly seated in the chair behind his desk.

But instead of going back to the Fantasticka offices they go back to their apartment. Raven protests at first; he wants to run about in the rain again. Once he begins to shiver he changes his mind, kicking off his shoes and snuggling against Taylor in search of even the slightest hint of warmth. The only taxi that had been willing to pick up two wet, disheveled, grass stained men stops in front of their apartment building before Raven realizes his precious umbrella is still lying on the grass somewhere in the depths of Central Park.
Sign up to rate and review this story