Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Hogwarts Too Exposed - A Slytherin Among Us

Gatherings

by Neil 1 review

Nudity, love triangles, pregnancies and death, coupled with Quidditch, deceit, injustice, adventure and mystery. Sounds like another tranquil year at Hogwarts. Join me for Hogwarts Too Exposed - A ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Draco, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Snape - Published: 2006-04-09 - Updated: 2006-04-09 - 7090 words

1Original
Hogwarts Too Exposed - A Slytherin Among Us Chapter Fourteen


Gatherings


Saturday, November 6, 2004


A queue was forming as the students waited impatiently for Filch to check off their names on the long list of those eligible to participate in the first Hogsmeade visit of the year. Caitlin watched from the third floor balcony. Once their names were checked, the students scurried through the door and toward the path leading down to the small village.

She had been to the village many times during the past summer, along with Jamie and Emily. They had walked there at least three times a week, so she was already familiar with the many shops. Caitlin still had a feeling of disappointment, however, even though none of her fellow second years could attend either.

"You're not going to jump, are you?" Emily said laughingly as she and Kim approached Caitlin. "From the look on your face, one would think you just lost your best friend."

"No, not quite that bad. Just suffering a bout of 'sibling' jealousy," Caitlin said, giving them a weak smile. "I just wish Matt and I could spend the day together in Hogsmeade, like Jamie and Alex."

"Be thankful that at least you have a boyfriend you can talk about," Emily said with a tinge of envy in her voice. "I think I have one, but I have to keep it a secret from most people."

"I just wish I had a secret boyfriend," Kim said dejectedly.

"Don't get discouraged," Caitlin said, supportively. "Matt told me that Randy talks about you a lot. I'm sure he'll ask you to the Ball. He just has to work up the nerve."

"Plus have the opportunity," Emily added. "He's a second year Gryffindor, and you're a first year Slytherin. Your paths don't exactly cross a lot."

"Maybe we could help them cross," Caitlin suggested, her face suddenly beaming, "and at the same time, give you and me time to be with Tyler and Matt."

"What are you suggesting?" Emily asked Caitlin, uncertainly "You have that devilish look in your eyes. Every time you get that look, I get in trouble. What is your evil mind planning this time?"

"Well, Mum and Dad went to Hogsmeade today," Caitlin offered. "I believe they are going to do some early Christmas shopping, plus they have a luncheon engagement with some old classmate at noon. That means the quarters should be empty until at least two o'clock, probably later."

"You're not suggesting what I think you are?" Emily questioned. "I thought you had agreed that it would be best for you and Matt not to be alone there."

"I won't be alone if you are both there along with Tyler and Randy," Caitlin argued.

"Somehow I don't think Mum and Dad will give us their approval," Emily said, concern registering on her face.

"They've already left, so it's too late to ask," Caitlin said coyly. "They'd have no problem with the three of us being there by ourselves. What would be the harm if the boys joined us for a short time? It's not like we are going to do anything wrong. Plus it gives you an opportunity to talk to Tyler without him getting grief from his brother, and maybe Randy will get the nerve to ask Kim to the Ball."

Kim eyes sparkled at the possibility of spending a few hours with Randy, but dimmed when she looked at Emily's worried expression.

"I'd love to spend some time with Tyler, but I think our parents will get really mad if they find out," Emily said, apprehensively.

"They won't find out," Caitlin promised. "We'll set ground rules and make sure the boys are out by one o'clock.

"What sort of ground rules," Kim asked.

"Well, just so the boys don't get the wrong idea, all bedrooms will be off limits, and there will be no kissing or touching beyond hand holding. That should keep matters well under control," Caitlin said.

Emily laughed. "You and Matt are the only ones that need to maintain self-control," she said. "I doubt Randy or Tyler would even consider trying anything with Kim or me."

"Does that mean we're going to do it?" Kim asked excitedly.

"Yes," Caitlin answered, just as enthusiastic. "Mum and Dad have already left, so let's not waste any more time. Kim, why don't you go tell Tyler; his brother hasn't ruled you off limits. I'll tell Randy and Matt. Emily maybe you could ask Dobby if he could let us have some refreshments. We'll tell the boys to wait a bit before coming up so that we can get the place ready."

The girls excitedly ran off in three separate directions.





"Tony! What's going on?" Alex asked as they waited for Jamie and Amanda to return from the dressing rooms. Jamie had just forced them all into Madam Malkin's so that she could try on a dress she saw displayed in the window.

Tony was about to lie and say nothing, but was desperate for assistance.

"Alex, I need your help," Tony said, his eyes filled with anxiety. "If I tell you something, you must promise not to tell a soul, especially Jamie. She'll go right to Professor Granger."

Alex hesitated. His relationship with Jamie was based on mutual trust; they hid nothing from each other, but Tony seemed terribly distressed and desperately needing a friend. Alex said yes, never expecting what followed.

"Amanda is pregnant," Tony said without further explanation.

"No!" Alex said, horrified at the thought and picturing himself in Tony's place. "What are you guys going to do?"

"We can't have it!" Tony exclaimed. "We're both only sixteen; who would hire us, and neither of us can tell our parents. They have such faith in us. It would kill them to never have us finish Hogwarts."

"You're going to abort the pregnancy?" Alex questioned, simultaneously horrified and sympathetic. "But how? It's against wizard law. Is Amanda going to go to one of those muggle clinics during Christmas break?"

"No," Tony said sadly. "Amanda's dad has her vacation all planned out. There is no chance she can get away."

Alex looked at Tony, his face painted with confusion. "Then how?" he asked.

"We found out about this guy who will do the operation," Tony said undecidedly. "I'm going to make arrangements today so it can be done on our Hogsmeade visit in December. That's where you come in. The contact person is the bar man at the Hog's Head. I was rather hoping you'd accompany me. I've heard it's somewhat different from the Three Broomsticks, rather a rough crowd."

"Isn't there some other way?" Alex virtually implored.

"No!" Tony answered forcefully. "Amanada and I have discussed it time and again. It's our only logical choice. Will you go with me or not?"

"I'll go with you," Alex answered without conviction. Tony had trusted him and now that he was aware of the problem, he felt compelled to help, if for no other reason than so he could keep abreast of what was happening. Maybe he could somehow convince Amanda and Tony that there was another way, a safer more sensible way. What would Jamie and he do in a similar situation?

Alex was sure that Jamie would go to Professor Granger. She and Professor Potter would without doubt be upset, but they would understand and help. Somehow Alex had to convince Tony and Amanda to tell their parents, but how?





"I can't believe you persuaded me to meet with her," Hermione said with a shudder as she and Harry reached the entrance to the Three Broomsticks.

"What can it hurt?" Harry said as he opened the door for his wife. "Besides, Luna was a good friend. We owe her the courtesy of listening to what she has to say."

Hermione glared at Harry. "In nine days that rag of hers is going to ruin my life, and you want me to be courteous? What I should do is transfigure her into a cockroach!"

Harry looked at Hermione pleadingly. "You promised there would be no scene, that you'd keep your wand sheathed."

"And I will," Hermione said as they both looked around the crowded pub, filled with Hogwart students. "It's just that I can't understand how she can do this to me."

"Is that her?" Harry asked indicating an attractive willowy dirty-blonde haired young woman sitting in a corner booth staring dreamily into space.

"That's her, all right," Hermione said, dislike apparent in her voice. "Look at her, forever lost in a daydream.. How did she ever finish at the top of her class?"

At that moment Luna Lovegood noticed them and sprang to her feet, waving to them.

"Harry," Luna said dreamily as he and Hermione approached the booth. "You're looking quite good. The years have done you justice." She gave Harry a brief hug that he uneasily returned.

Luna then turned her pale, protuberant eyes to Hermione. "I imagine you hate me," she uttered sadly. "Can't say that I blame you."

Hermione was initially stunned by Luna's words. "I don't really hate you," Hermione started to say, but than stopped. "I don't hate you as a person, but what you've done. It's despicable. What did I ever do to you to deserve this?"

Luna didn't answer, only looked blankly in the direction of the waitress until the woman finally approached them and took a beverage order.

For a few moments no one spoke. , Then, Luna broke the silence. "This summer, Frank Lyler, a freelance photographer, who works both in the muggle and wizard worlds was covering a pageant in Cap d' Adge," Luna said, her voice monotone. "He is not an extremely likeable wizard. Although he's never been arrested, many feel he dabbles in child pornography."

"Frank was evidently poolside the morning you went swimming for the first time. Knowing him, I assume he was probably ogling naked young girls when he was surprised to see the famous wizard, Harry Potter. Frank immediately ran to his room and exchanged his muggle camera for an inconspicuous wizardcam. From hidden locations he photographed you and your daughters."

Luna, for the first time since she had started speaking, turned to Hermione. "Frank though he had hit the jackpot until he saw Hermione. To say he was disappointed to find you clothed in a one piece swim costume would be putting it mildly. There was no money in pictures of Harry naked, but you were a different subject. He knew he could get a good price for pictures of you, but only if you were naked."

"But how did he know I was using a concealment charm and not actually wearing a swim costume?" Hermione asked, her interest outweighing her vow not to talk to Luna.

"He didn't." Luna continued on thoughtfully. "Frank was about to give up, when he saw you the morning of the exercise competition. He considered you to still be clothed, but was enticed by the spread position in which you had fallen asleep. You weren't nude, but he thought someone might have a perverted interest in some crotch shots of you."

Hermione shivered, she had guessed what happened next,

"Many wizard celebrities cover themselves with an anti-photographable charm to prevent their picture from being taken when they are not aware," Luna continued. "Although not expecting you to be using such a charm at a muggle resort, he uttered 'Finite Incantatum' anyway. He was pleasantly surprised at the results and started happily snapping pictures until a group of young girls caused him to rush off. Later that day he was banned from the resort for trying to take some crude shots of the young girls in the program."

"Then those pictures are the only ones he took of Hermione?" Harry asked semi-optimistically.

"No, he managed to get others," Luna answered, but not over excitedly. "But many of those were taken with a telephoto lens like the group beach picture and are not of the best quality."

"I don't understand," Harry asked. "It sounds like you aren't very content with the quality. Why are you ruining Hermione's life by publishing pictures that you're not even happy with and in all probability will disappoint your readers."

"Business," Luna said dreamily as she took a sip of her drink. "I doubt you'll believe me, but when Frank Lyler first approached me with his hand full of pictures, I told him that I wasn't interested. I said for the magazine to get involved we needed more pictures and of better quality. I did, however, make him a personal offer to get the pictures off the market, but he refused." Luna looked first at Hermione and than at Harry. "I honestly didn't want this to happen. I had intended to give you the pictures."

"About a month later, my two main competitors and myself received a letter from Frank. He now claimed to have three times as many pictures of Hermione and would sell them to the highest bidder." Luna sorrowfully looked at Hermione. "The pictures were going to be published," Luna said. "The only question was whether in Playwizard or some other publication. I'm truly sorry."

Hermione glanced from Luna to Harry and then said. "Exactly why are we here? Are you expecting me to forgive you for ruining my life because by your reasoning, if you hadn't done it someone else would have? I'm sorry, but I'll not forgive you for what you've done."

"I don't expect you to," Luna said, her voice once again drifting away lazily. "But I sincerely regret what this has done to you and Harry. Some nude photos shouldn't cost a brilliant professor her position, but I'm afraid they will. I can't prevent that from happening, but perhaps, in a small way, I can make amends."

"How?" Hermione asked disgustedly.

"Once the magazine is distributed, the harm is done. Why not make it worth while?" Luna asked.

"What are you going on about?" Harry asked, now becoming frustrated.

"Once someone has seen one picture of you naked, it hardly matters if they see two or three more," Luna stated. "After all you're not going to get anymore naked. I can't get you your teaching position back, but I can compensate you partly for what you're losing and give you the funds to pursue a new endeavor."

Harry and Hermione both watched Luna impatiently waiting for her to get to the point of her comments and this meeting.

"As I said, I'm embarrassed by the quality of some of the photos Lyler took," Luna repeated. "Hermione, you are a beautiful woman and have an exquisite body. Frank's pictures do you an injustice. Let us run a feature showing how truly beautiful you are. Poise for our photographers in our studios and we'll pay you as much as you would earn the next ten years teaching. Take the money, go on an extended holiday and then prepare for your future. You can't undo what has happened, but you can at least garner some benefits from you distress."

Harry and Hermione sat, neither speaking nor looking at the other. Both deep in thought, realizing that as ludicrous as it sounded, what Luna was proposing actually made good sense under the current situation.

"Here," Luna said reaching into her briefcase. "Two of the first issues off the press. They're yours to keep. Look at them. Decide if this is how you want to be thought of or if you'd rather be depicted as beautiful as you truly are. I'll go get us some more drinks while you decide."

Luna got up to leave as Hermione said, "But I'm two months pregnant."

"And not the least bit showing," Luna replied, with a smile. "We, of course, will have to schedule the photo shoot immediately." Then before walking away, she added, "I have a terrific idea. Three more years of salary if you let us also photograph you full term and another five if we can photograph the actual delivery and first feeding. Totally nude, of course."

Harry and Hermione sat absolutely flabbergasted. Luna was tossing money around as if it were candy. She had just offered Hermione the equivalent of what she would have to teach eighteen years to earn.

Hermione knew Harry would support her no matter what her decision. That was the problem; it would have to be her decision. Could she actually pose for those types of pictures? On the other hand could she reject such an offer when she was about to be unemployed? Either way, the wizard world would see her displayed intimately; one way she would at least be compensated generously. Being a naturist and being nude in front of people was so different than posing for explicit pictures. Hermione couldn't explain why, but to her they were poles apart. One seemed pure, innocent and actually comfortable. The other seemed lurid, erotic and, to her mindset, totally wrong. Yet, they were basically the exact same thing.

"Harry, will you still love me if I agree to do this?" Hermione asked, all ready detesting herself for considering putting money ahead of her self-esteem.


*


Emily arrived at the family quarters first and, after slipping off her clothes, turned on some music and started preparations. Dobby, of course, had been eager to help any member of the Potter family and had supplied more than an ample amount of food.

Emily was getting out some glasses when Caitlin dashed through the door. After getting comfortable she offered to help Emily, who seemed to have the situation well under control.

"Randy and Matt will be here in a few minutes," Caitlin said excitedly. "Randy seemed extremely nervous. I'm not sure if it's because of Kim or you."

"I hope its Kim," Emily said sincerely. "She likes him rather a lot and will be terribly disappointed if he doesn't ask her to the Ball. Speaking of Kim, I wonder what's taking her so long. I hope she arrives before the boys.

Caitlin was about to comment that it was a long trip from the dungeons to the tower containing the staff quarters, when there was a knock at the door. Caitlin shouted come in and then stared in awe as Kim entered the room. She looked quite striking. Her hair literally glittered in the sunlight.

Kim was wearing a black skirt, short enough to qualify for even Jamie's wardrobe and a cute pink sweater that exposed her belly and clung tightly to her .

"You look great," Emily said with all sincerity. "If Randy doesn't ask you to the Ball, I will."

"You'll have to fight me," Caitlin said, just shaking her head. "Who did you have to kill to get a body like that at eleven?"

Kim didn't answer, but just blushed. "You guys better hurry and get dressed," she finally said. "Tyler was going to leave five minutes after me. He should be here any minute now if he doesn't get lost."

"He's coming!" Emily shouted excitedly. "I wasn't sure if he would or not."

"Actually he seemed extremely thrilled at the suggestion," Kim answered. "He wanted to come with me, but I convinced him it would look better if he gave me a short head start." Kim looked nervously toward the door. "He'll be here any second. You both really should hurry and dress."

Emily and Caitlin exchanged glances before Caitlin spoke. "This is our home," Caitlin said softly. "The one place in the world where we don't have to worry about offending someone else by being naked. You know that we don't wear clothes when we are here."

"Yes," Kim gulped, "but they're boys, boys our age. I thought that today you would surely dress."

"You seem to forget that we don't find being naked anything to be ashamed of," Emily said imperturbably. "Besides, none of them are seeing anything they haven't seen before. All three have seen me starkers before; Matt and Randy more times than I could count."

"Tyler has never seen me, but I'm not concerned," Caitlin laughed. "I doubt he'll spend much time looking at me with you two in the room."

Kim panicked. "You guys aren't expecting me to get naked, are you?" See looked back and forth between Caitlin and Emily actually trembling at the thought.

"Certainly not," Emily said, reassuringly. "You're not a nudist. You'd be as uncomfortable undressed as we are dressed. Actually, I'm surprised you're dressed as skimpily as you are."

Kim looked hurt. "You don't like the way I'm dressed?" she said sadly.

"Actually just the opposite." Emily said. "I've never seen you look so fabulous. It's just that what you have on leaves very little to the imagination. It wouldn't be that big a step to join us."

"It's a lot bigger step than I'm prepared to take," Kim said nervously. "I'm getting to the point that I actually enjoy being naked when it's just you guys. I've even gotten accustomed to being naked in front of Jamie and your parents; they're fine about it. But I still hate being naked in front of Denise and Janice; they make me feel like a tart. I don't think I could ever do it in front of boys our age."

"When the time comes, it has to be your choice," Emily said. "We'll be there to hold your hand if and when you're ready, but we'll never push you."

"They're here!" Caitlin hollered, as there was a knock at the door. Before any of the others could move, Caitlin bolted to the door and flung it wide open.

"OH! Good morning, Professor Malfoy," she said.

Kim looked at Emily and smiled, "I don't think that's any of the boys."

"Not hardly," Emily said with a laugh.

"Mum and Dad went to the village. I don't expect them back until at least mid afternoon," Caitlin said in answer to a question Emily and Kim hadn't heard.

"She's here. I'll call her so you can tell her directly. Emily," Caitlin shouted, "Professor Malfoy would like to speak with you."

Emily hurried to the door and then stood in front of the Professor. "Four o'clock is fine. I'll be there. I'm sorry you were put to the bother of tracking me down," Emily said.

There were a few moment of silence during which the Professor was evidently saying something and then Kim heard Emily speak again. "Actually I have flown like this; it's the grandest feeling. You should try it, but I'll take your advice and dress warmer this afternoon. Thank you sir."

"I'm so glad I was here," Kim said as the door closed. "I never would have believed this had I not witnessed it. You both must have nerves of steel. How could you stand there totally undressed and have a chitchat with the Potions Master?"

"He was on our turf," Caitlin said, assuredly. "When we venture beyond these walls, we must obey the rules of the textiles, but within these quarters we are nudists. If you visit us here, it will be nudists you find."

"You two are over-enthusiastic," Kim laughed.

"Yeah! In a way we are," Emily agreed. "But our type of obsessiveness hurts no one."

They were both about to comment further when there was another knock at the door. But as Caitlin started to dash toward it, Kim shouted a warning. "You better be careful. It might be the Headmaster this time."

"No problem," Caitlin said, grinning. "He's seen us naked quite a few times. He's even seen Jamie and Mum nude."

Kim was speechless, her mouth just hanging wide open. She was rapidly joined in her speechlessness as Caitlin greeted Tyler. For a moment he just stood petrified staring at the naked girl.

"Move it on in mate," Matt said as Randy and he approached the blocked doorway. "If you are going to spent any time in these quarters, you best get used to seeing girls in the buff. Emily and Caitlin loathe clothes and Jamie doesn't care for them a great deal more."

Tyler moved out of the way, but only enough that the other boys could enter before Caitlin closed the door. "I didn't expect this," Tyler said in shock as Emily approached him.

"We never wear clothes here," Emily said pleasantly. "It's the only place in the castle where we can truly be comfortable, and we take advantage of it whenever possible."

"Oh!" was Tyler initial response. The he noticed that Kim was fully clothed. "I thought she was a nudist, too," Tyler whispered softly. "Denise told my brother that the two of you are starkers in the dorm all the time."

"That's a long story," Emily said as she took Tyler's hand and guided him toward the kitchen. "I'll explain it to you sometime if you like, but please do me a favor," Emily asked. Tyler nodded his head yes. "If for some reason you find it necessary to discuss today, please say that Kim was also nude."

Kim wasn't nude, but Randy was certainly looking at her as if she were. There was no doubt the boy was smitten with her.

"Where'd you get all the food and butterbeer," Matt asked as they entered the kitchen.

"We have connections with the house elves," Emily said with a grin.

"You must," Matt said, shaking his head. "The six of us could eat and drink the balance of the day and never finish all of this."

"Unfortunately, we don't have the balance of the day," Caitlin said dejectedly. "We aren't sure when Mum and Dad will get back, so you guys have to clear out by one o'clock.

"That's time enough for a few games," Randy said, momentarily taking his eyes off Kim. "Who is up for a game of Wizard Trivia?" Most nodded their approval, so Caitlin scooted off to get the game.

"We could play as individuals, teams of two or teams of three," Randy suggested.

"Let's play partners, a boy and girl together," Caitlin said as she returned with the game.

"Gee, I wonder who you want as a partner?" Randy asked jokingly. "Okay, Caitlin and Matt, Emily and Tyler; do you mind being my partner Kim?"

"No, not at all," Kim answered slightly flustered. "I'd loved to be your partner."

"Okay, before we start, let's rearrange chairs so that partners are sitting next to each other," Caitlin ordered. "It will make discussing answers easier."

"Among other things," Emily said, giving Caitlin a knowing look.





"I don't think Jamie bought that excuse for one minute, " Alex said as he and Tony departed, leaving the girls sitting in the Three Broomsticks.

"Nah! I didn't really expect her to," Tony answered. "Amanda is going to admit to her that we're actually off getting her a Christmas present. She'll believe that. I hope you're actually intending to get her something."

Alex nodded his head yes as they walked past the post office and turned up a side street at the top of which stood a small inn.

"Have you even been in here before," Alex asked as they approached the door to the inn and were greeted by the sound of a battered sign creaking in the wind.

"No!" Tony answered, as they both hesitated outside the door. "But if outward appearances are any indication, I doubt the inside will be anything like the Three Broomsticks."

It was not at all like the Three Broomstick. Instead of the warmth and cleanliness to which they were accustomed, they found themselves in a small, dingy, quite dirty room that smelled extremely rank. The only light in the room came from stubs of candles sitting on the rough tables. There were windows, but they were so filthy that no sunlight could possibly enter the room through them. Alex made a mental note to never bring Jamie here.

"What do you want?" Grunted the grumpy-looking old barman; evidently annoyed at having to service them.

"Two butterbeers, Sir," Tony answered politely.

"That'll be four Sickles," he said miserably as he slammed two dusty, extremely dirty bottles on the bar.

After Tony paid him, the barman deposited the money in an old wooden drawer and then retreated to the backroom.

"He's the person you have to make arrangements with?" Alex asked concernedly. "I've never met a more miserable person."

"Yeah!" said Tony as he tried to wipe his bottle clean; not at all sure he wanted to actually open and drink from it. "I'll ask him when he comes back while there is no one else at the bar."

Alex looked around the room disgustedly. "I'd never want to eat or drink anything here that didn't come in a sealed container," he said, seriously.

Tony nodded his head in agreement as the barman again entered the room, giving them a questioning stare. "Excuse me sir," Tony said nervously. "We've been told that arrangements could be made here to help a girl that is in trouble."

"That explains your presence," the barman said, nodding his head. "Hogwart students rarely come here." He surveyed Tony and Alex. "Which one of you knocked up the young lady, or have you both been poking the little bitch?"

Tony wanted to reach across the bar and wring his neck, but thought better. "She's my girlfriend," he answered. "Can arrangements be made to help her? It would have to be on December eighteenth; that's the next Hogsmeade visit."

The barman shook his head. "He doesn't like to be told when he has to do an operation," the barman said. "The 'doc' likes to be in control of the time and location, but he might make an exception for a young, pretty Hogwarts student. Is she a looker?

He gives a discount if the patient is easy on the eyes," the barman said, giving them a dirty look.

Alex looked apprehensively at Tony. "Are you sure about this?" he said, concern evident in his voice.

"Amanda and I have discussed it over and over again," Tony answered. "We don't have a choice." He turned to the barman. "How much will it cost?"

"Two hundred fifty Galleons," the barman said, without blinking an eye.

Tony face turned pale. "That much?" he asked.

"Guess you should have thought about that before you dropped your pants and deposited your load in her?" He snarled. "That's the price and not a Sickle less. Should I make arrangements, or will you both be leaving my establishment."

"I can get the money," Tony said in a panic. "Please make the arrangements."

The barman smirked. "I thought you'd agree," he said with an evil snort as he sat two more butterbeers on the bar. "These are on the house. One o'clock on the eighteenth, the girl with the money on the bench in front of the post office. She'll be met and taken to the location. She'll be returned at five."

"But I want to go with her," Tony said defiantly.

"If the girl isn't alone, the agreement is off. If anyone tries to follow, we take the money and the deal is off. Is that clear?"

"It's clear," Tony answered remorsefully.





As Luna returned to the table, she noticed that Harry and Hermione were both carefully studying the advance copies of the magazine that she had given them. "Do you see what I mean about the quality of some of the photos not being the best?" She said as she sat their drinks down in front of them. "I hope you've decided to pose for us, Hermione. Not only will it allow us to deliver a more quality product to our readers, but the money will hopefully help to make up for your loss of employment."

Hermione gave Luna a brief smile. "I understand that this is all strictly business and that you never intentionally set out to hurt me," Hermione said, politely. "Your offer is extremely tempting, and I would most likely accept it, but Harry feels I will be too busy to pose once the magazine is circulated."

Luna stared at Hermione and then turned to Harry, a more confused than normal look on her face. "Why would she be too occupied to pose?" She questioned.

"Because she'll own Playwizard magazine," Harry said calmly. "It seems that Frank Lyler tricked you, Luna. Over half of the pictures you've used in your photo spread are not of Hermione, but rather of someone who looks extremely much like her."

Luna looked at Harry, not wanting to believe his words. She faked a laugh. "Good try Harry, you had me worried for a moment."

"You should be concerned," Hermione said, earnestly. "It gets worse. It seems that when you told Lyler that he didn't have enough pictures, he added some to the collection. The most explicit and pornographic of the picture are not of me, but rather of Jamie Zacherley. Should that magazine get distributed, not only will you be sued for misrepresenting someone else as me, but you will unquestionably end up in Azkaban guilty of printing and circulating child pornography; Jamie is only sixteen. Nude picture of children in and of themselves are not considered pornographic unless they focus on the genitalia, and the ones you've published of Jamie most certainly do."

Luna Lovegood alternately looked at Harry and Hermione. "You're telling the truth, aren't you?" She said horrified, literally shaking as she spoke. "I'm going to hex Frank Lyler to within an inch of his life!"

"Lyler is your business," Harry said powerfully. "What is more important at this point is that you immediately stop further printing of the magazine and see that all printed copies are secured. After you've done that, we can discuss terms."

"Terms?" Luna asked. "What do you mean terms."

"Luna, you're a friend," Harry said genuinely. "Hermione and I have no desire to see you in Azkaban or to have you lose your magazine, but the only way you will prevent both from happening is do as we say. First I suggest you use that fire," Harry indicated the fireplace just feet from their table, "to contact your main office and stop the presses."

A look of desperation covered her face. Luna was about to cancel publication of what would have been the best selling issue in the history of Playwizard magazine. Doing so would cost the corporation a fortune and possibly cause their demise. The alternative was unquestionably losing the magazine and, at the same time, being sentenced to Azkaban. She in actuality had not choice as she approached the fire.

After a few minutes, Luna dejectedly returned to the table. "Printing has ceased and all finished copies have been secured." She looked like a child whose favorite toy had just been destroyed. "What are your terms," she muttered dolefully.

"You will destroy all the magazines already printed and any other pictures of Hermione or any other members of our family," Harry stated firmly. "Then you will turn the negatives over to us. These," he pointed to the copies of the magazine Luna had given them, "are our insurance policy that you will act in good faith."

"But what do I tell our readers," Luna moaned. "And it isn't right that Frank Lyler gets off without a scratch."

"You could always tell your readers that you found a conscience," Hermione suggested. "As for Lyler, should you care to take him to court for selling you pornographic pictures of a minor, Harry, Jamie and I would all be delighted to testify and supply the evidence."

Luna looked at Hermione and Harry diffidently. "I doubt that you'll believe me, but I'm not completely sorry things turned out this way."

"Actually I do believe you," Harry said giving Luna a smile.





The teams turned out to be extremely unevenly matched. Evidently Emily and Tyler had both spent their entire childhood memorizing useless facts, facts that would get you absolutely nowhere in life. That is, unless you decided to make a career out of playing Wizard Trivia.

Everyone had really gotten into the game, giving their partners high fives and hugs whenever they answered a question correctly. Randy and Kim seemed to be especially enjoying the hugs, possibly because they were doing so poorly in the game that it was a special treat when they got to do it.

Around half past eleven, the other teams conceded, and Emily and Tyler were declared Trivia champions of the day. They took a break for lunch and then sat just looking at each other trying to decide what game they could play next, with only an hour left before they had to break.

"No sense starting something we don't have time to finish," Randy said, at a loss for suggestions

"I know what we can play," Emily shouted elatedly. "Twister! It's a muggle game my parents got for Jamie and me. We love it! Play it at parties all the time."

Everyone else shrugged his or her shoulders, never having heard of the game before now. Emily ran to her bedroom and quickly returned with a box from which she pulled out a rectangular plastic mat and laid it on the floor. The mat had four rows of six large colored dots. One row each of green, yellow, blue and red.

"You can play with two, three or four players," Emily explained. "I'll demonstrate the two player game first; it's the simplest. Caitlin, will you help me? Randy, you can be the referee." Emily handed Randy a piece of cardboard with a medal arrow that spun attached to the middle. In a circle were sixteen possible places to place hands and feet.

"Okay, you and I get at opposite ends of the mat facing each other," Emily instructed Caitlin. "Face me with one foot on the yellow circle and one foot on the blue circle closest to your end of the mat. Okay! Randy spin the spinner and call out what we should do."

Caitlin stood nervously with her right foot on blue and her left on yellow waiting for Randy to call the first move.

"Right foot, red," Randy called.

For Caitlin this was an easy move; she just moved her right foot forward and to the right. Emily, however, had to twist her body slightly and ended up facing the corner of the mat.

"Left foot green," Randy shouted.

Once again Caitlin had it easy. She now stood on the second row of dots, her left foot on green and her right foot on red; her body spanning yellow and blue. Emily had to twist herself completely around. She was on the second row of dots from the other end now with her back to Caitlin, also spanning yellow and blue.

"Left hand green," Randy said and both girls leaned forward.

"Right hand red," Randy quickly said. Both girls now found themselves uncomfortably stretched across the mat.

Caitlin looked up from the mat and found she was staring directly at Emily's bottom. "Nice view, Zacherley," she said jokingly.

"You're showing everyone the same picture," Emily said with a laugh, "but I wouldn't get too close if I were you. I had a rather large helping of beans for lunch."

Caitlin thought for a second and then said, "You're disgusting." Everyone broke into laughter.

After Caitlin and Emily finished their game, Matt and Caitlin played, followed by Tyler and Emily. It was evident that Tyler was much more nervous being in close range to Emily's bare body than Matt had been with Caitlin. Nonetheless, everyone was laughing and having fun.

"You guys are next," Matt said to Kim and Randy as Emily and Tyler reluctantly untangled themselves.

Randy seemed eager to play, but when he glanced at Kim, she appeared scared to death. He glanced at her short skirt and said, "We'll pass. Kim is not really dressed properly for such a game." The words were no more out of his mouth than he realized how ridiculous they sounded considering Emily and Caitlin state of dress.

"No!" Kim said nervously. "You want to play, I know you do. So do I. I just have to...." She looked pleading in Emily's direction. "Emily, would you help me with something in the bathroom?"

"We'll be right back," Kim said fearfully as she grabbed Emily's hand and drug her into the bathroom.

Once inside, Kim rapidly removed her sweater and skirt and then pointed her wand at her thin growth of pubic hair. "What do I have to say to get rid of this?" she asked apprehensively.

"Kim, you don't have to do this," Emily said earnestly.

"I want to," Kim begged. "Randy wants to play the game and so do I. I'm being silly about being nude."

"You're not being silly," Emily said putting her arms around Kim. "I'd love for you to become a naturist, but your reasons are wrong. I'm nude because I'm more comfortable this way. I've grown up loving the feeling of not wearing clothes. You hate being naked. You're not doing this for yourself, but rather for Randy."

Kim turned to Emily, tears in her eyes. "I want do it; I have to. I thought you were my best friend. Please help me with the hair removal spell."

"I'll help you with the spell," Emily said reluctantly, "but please reconsider going out there naked."

Kim stood defiantly, her wand shaking in her hand.

Emily shook her head in frustration. "Just point the wand at yourself and say 'relegare capillago'," Emily said, as a pounding on the door interrupted her train of thought.

Randy was on the other side yelling, "Is everything all right?"

"Everything is fine. We'll be right out," Emily answered Randy, reassuringly. "Kim, don't forget to specify what part of you body."

The horrifying scream that ensued, indicted that the last part of Emily's instructions had come too late.

The door flew open and Randy burst into the room. Kim struggled to conceal her face and head. The charm had removed every single strand of hair from her entire body.


End of Chapter Fourteen




I would like to thank those of you who took the time to review chapter thirteen. As much as I enjoy writing the story, there are times that I get frustrated and think of quitting. Your reviews are what keep me going.

Thank you also to my wonderful betas: Amber, Paul and Peter. They are worth their weight in Galleons.

Want to be advised of new chapters and get to read them first? Join Hogwarts Exposed
Sign up to rate and review this story