Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Fall Out Boy Trail

Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

by charliexbrown 2 reviews

Bob = Bob McLynn, FOB manager. Tall, bald and intimidating. Real. Roger = Roger the bus driver. Looks like a cross between Santa and a lumberjack. Not real.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-08-16 - Updated: 2009-08-16 - 1600 words - Complete

1Original
A strange sensation woke Pete the next morning. At first, being sleepy and all, he wasn’t really sure what it was. All he knew was that he was unwillingly moving around in his bunk…

Oh crap – earthquake!

Pete’s eyes snapped open, and he climbed up to the next bunk to wake Joe.
‘Hey, Joe, get up! There’s an–’
The bunk was empty. As Pete looked round, he realised Andy and Patrick’s were too. Instinctively he rushed through to the lounge in a panic – to find the rest of his band mates lying about on the sofas, looking at him quizzically.

‘Dude, are you alright?’
‘No… no earthquake?’
Joe laughed at Pete’s sleepiness, and grabbed him as the bus swerved. The commotion that had woken Pete was, in fact, only a storm. But what a storm.

The rain lashed down on the windows, the wipers going at full speed and puddles splashing everywhere as the bus careered round the bends. The reason for the sofas became obvious as every now and then someone would groan at their new-found travel sickness.

Once Pete was awake enough to form sentences he stumbled through to the front of the bus. It was warm and cosy, the windows steamed up slightly, and their driver Roger was squinting through his glasses at the rain.
‘Roger? Aren’t you going a little fast, man?’
‘Well, Andy said you were late,’ he grunted. ‘Plus this storm isn’t making it any easier. Still, if you want me to slow down I’ll be happy to.’
Pete considered. ‘No, it’s fine. The sooner we get there, the better.’

He returned to the lounge and collapsed onto the sofa with a groan, tilting his head towards Patrick. He was smirking at some text message on his phone, oblivious to the swerving of the bus. That had better not be from I-know-who, Pete thought angrily, knowing deep down it couldn’t be from anyone else…

Lying on his back he closed his eyes and gripped the sofa, trying not to fall off and trying not to feel sick… but his actions weren’t very successful. Suddenly the bus’s lurching became stronger, and the band started to physically move around.

‘This can’t be good, guys,’ Andy muttered. The other three were too busy clinging on to things to reply. And, in a stupid and careless moment, Patrick stood up to go to the kitchen.

CRASH.

Roger slammed on the brakes, Patrick thumping into the wall hard, the other three banging against sofas and tabletops and work surfaces, until the bus jolted to a sudden halt at the side of the road. There were a few moments of shaky, shocked silence. Then Roger made his way through to the back.

‘Is everyone OK?’
They all started to sit up slowly, rubbing their new bruises.
‘I… I think so…’
A groan came from the corner where Patrick lay slumped against the wall, looking dazed. Something was trickling down past his ear.
‘Patrick!’ Pete crawled over to him. ‘Are you alright, man? How bad is it?’
‘I… I’m not dying, don’t worry…’ Patrick smiled weakly, and then bit his lip with the pain. ‘Oh God, my head…’
‘Hey, we’d better get you to a hospital.’ Pete pulled out his phone and dialled for a taxi, whilst Roger pulled out his phone for a breakdown service.
Andy peered towards the door anxiously. ‘Can everyone get out OK?’
Joe managed to get to the door and get it cleared, forcing it open – but shutting it quickly again. ‘Yeah, it’s all clear… but it’s soaking wet and freezing out there!’

Pete sighed as he helped Patrick up off the floor, half-carrying him in his dazed state, both of them shuffling towards the door as the taxi pulled up, its wipers batting back and forth furiously.

‘OK, man. Looks like we’re gonna have to get wet. That alright?’
‘It’ll be fine… the sooner we get there… the better.’

They threw the door open and sprinted as fast as they could to the taxi (quite a feat for Patrick with his new injury) and before too long they were at the hospital. Patrick was taken away to have his head checked out, while Pete made his way to an empty seat and flicked through some newspapers and magazines, seemingly unaffected by the crash. Eventually he found an article on childcare, but just as he was getting into it his phone started to vibrate.

‘Hello?’
‘Hey, it’s Gabe. You’ll never guess what’s happened!’
Pete rolled his eyes. ‘What? You got bit by a cobra again?’
‘Aha, very funny… No, we’re all at this hotel! It’s really freaky, but we had this car crash, right? Well, I say car crash; it was more of a bus–’
‘No way! So have we!’ Pete exclaimed. ‘I’m at the hospital with Patrick, his head got cut open. How weird is that?’
‘You did?!’ Gabe sounded incredulous. ‘Well, you’ll be kinda freaked out by this next bit… The same happened to TAI… and to Panic.’
‘No!’
‘Yeah. We’re all sat here now. Our buses are still trapped in different places along the roads, and Bob says we can’t stay in them. Something to do with health and safety, I guess. So, uh… you want directions?’
‘Y-yeah… alright then…’ Pete was a bit startled at the bad luck they’d all had. All the buses crashing? Patrick getting hurt? Would there even be a show tonight?

Soon enough Patrick came back, stitches covered by his hat, ambling wearily down the corridor but looking absolutely furious.
‘Is everything alright, man?’
‘They won’t let me play!’ Patrick exploded. ‘I’ve gotta rest instead. Rest! What does that even mean? Sitting on my ass for a week doing nothing?!’
‘Patrick, it’s for your own good. It’s a shame, but we can always re-do the shows some other time. We’d rather have you getting better than playing inferior shows, huh?’

Patrick rolled his eyes and sighed as they headed out of the hospital and off to the hotel.

‘What am I supposed to do?’ he muttered.
‘Well unfortunately, dude, there’s not much you can do.’ Pete had thought of suggesting starting tracks on the new TAI CD, but that would be encouraging him. Unless, by some sort of reverse psychology, he’d end up being friends with Pete again? Or maybe he’d get sick of William altogether…
‘I know what you can do. You could help Bill get the new record started.’
‘Oh, that’s already happened.’ Patrick’s face suddenly lit up, much to Pete’s annoyance. ‘Bill’s got a few songs written already, and we’ve tested out a few melodies. There’s a couple nailed down, and Bill’s coming up with…’

Pete was fuming silently. That had not gone to plan. And Bill this, Bill that… He switched off as Patrick carried on, and stared out of the window sadly for the rest of the journey.

********************************

Half an hour later they pulled up to the hotel, Pete having passed on the news to a shocked Patrick.
‘I can’t believe it,’ he mumbled. ‘No shows for anyone?’
‘They might be able to do tonight’s… but not us. Sorry, dude.’ Pete couldn’t help but smile at Patrick’s disappointed tone, finding it quite cute.

They paid the driver (in autographs, luckily, him being a huge Fall Out Boy fan) and staggered into the hotel, being greeted enthusiastically by the others. Everyone was a bit unnerved by the day’s events, but what could they do? These things happened… just not usually all at once.

Some time later Bob returned to the awaiting group, looking weary and a little concerned.

‘Alright, guys. There’s good and bad news. The good news is there’s just about enough rooms for everybody.’
‘What do you mean, just about enough?’ Brendon questioned.
‘That’s the bad news. Some of the rooms have only one bed. Some of you are gonna have to double up, I’m afraid.’

A resounding ‘Ooooh!’ from the group. And, soon enough, people were making tasteless jokes about the situation and creating imaginary pairs to get together (made even more unusual by the fact there was only one girl on the tour).

‘Well, obviously we’ve got Peterick!’ Ryan chuckled. Patrick raised an eyebrow and smiled as everyone else laughed.
‘Of course!’ Pete squashed up next to Patrick and wrapped an arm round him. ‘I’m gonna keep him up all night.’ More laughs.
‘Are you?’ Patrick sighed wearily.
‘Well, don’t you wanna share with me?’
‘Well… I don’t mind, but… don’t keep me up! We’re not all insomniacs, y’know!’

Pete leaned his head against Patrick’s shoulder as everyone laughed at them. It seemed the previous night’s argument had been forgotten, and now, with the cancelled shows and the room-sharing, Pete hoped some good could come out of the bad. Maybe things would get back to normal. Maybe, just maybe, he’d find a way to win Patrick back round again.

********************************
[AN: I just realised that Panic! split up between certain chapters of this story. Just pretend they’re still together for me. :D And also, don’t expect any man love in the next few chapters! It’s not THAT sort of Peterick! AND I’m sorry for the corny chapter title too… I was stuck, OK?!]
Sign up to rate and review this story