Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

My Wonderful Romance

by westie 2 reviews

Frank and Gee go to a New Year's party. Fluffy. Written on my iPhone, so no bugging me if the words are sorta wonky.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-08-16 - Updated: 2009-08-17 - 695 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Gee," I whispered quietly to the man in the bed next to me. "It's almost time for the countdown."
He mhmm'd and slipped his arm around my waist, moving closer to me and placing the ghost of a kiss on the soft skin of my neck.
"Do you think they would miss us if we stayed in here and made love?" he asked, though he knew full well what the answer was going to be.
"You goof," I told him, ruffling his hair. He gave me a very caring look. "You know it's my birthday tomorrow, and I want to watch the fireworks."
He rolled out of bed as I stood, watching him stretch. Gerard and I had been dating for the past four years, and he asked the same question every year, and I, being the sugar loaded two-year-old I was, always gave the same answer while jumping on the bed. But for some reason, this year felt...different.
"Kay, up and at 'em," I said, impatience rushing through my very bloodstream. I took slipped my hand through his and led him from the room. He followed sleepily, yawning every once in a while.
He dropped my hand and entered the kitchen, filling up two cups of something containing alcohol. Returning to my side, he handed one to me and I smiled as I sipped it thankfully.
I led him out onto the balcony, where our other friends were, about twenty people. They smiled and raised a hand in greeting, then turned their attention back to the projection screen showing news footage of Times Square.
"Isn't this awesome?" I asked him excitedly. " in a few minutes I'll be twenty-seven!"
He laughed, placing his arm back around my waist.
We turned our attention to the tv, which said the New Year would be in about two minutes.
He suddenly turned fidgety, looking over my head and mouthing words to someone behind me. I turned to see who it was he was talking to, but he grabbed my arm gently and turned me around.
He gave me a quick kiss on the lips before telling me he'd 'be right back,' turning and retreating back into the building. I was utterly confused at this point, but I wAs even more shocked when he came back out and the music, laughter, and television died down instantly.
"What's going on?" I whispered quietly, but he gently shushed me. People were looking at us, as if waiting for something. I felt put on the spot, nervous and excited at the same time.
"Frank," Gerard whispered, and my eyes snapped back to his face. My gaze was questioning, and yet he looked extremely nervous, so I didn't ask.
"Frank," he said loud enough for other people to hear him, " I'm sorry, I haven't done this earlier, babe." he looked at his feet for a moment, smiling. Then his gaze returned to mine.
"I love you, Frank, more than you could ever know. More than is humanly possible. Now, I just want to take my love for you to the next me level."
By this time, I had figured out what was going on. My eyes were tearing up, and my hand went to my mouth when he got down on one knee, taking both my hands in his and looking up at me.
"I'm not really sure how to say this, Frank. Hell, I'm not even sure if it's legal in this state. But, Frank, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." he dug in his pocket, then turned back to me, holding a little black box in his hand. He had tears in his eyes, too.
"Frank Anthony Iero, will you marry me?" a tear slipped down his face.
I reached down and wiped it away.
"Yes," I said with a tear rolling down my face, too.
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!" the crowd shouted and converged on us. I felt people slapping me on the back and giving me hugs of congrats. All I wanted right now was to watch the fireworks get shot off over the lake with my new fiancé.
Sign up to rate and review this story