Categories > Original > Fantasy

In The Company Of Wolves

by luvlikewinter 0 reviews

Samantha became distant from her so-called family and was thrown into a world where her instincts over ruled her morals. Samantha Wellborne has a secret for years no one in her town will understa...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2009-08-17 - Updated: 2009-08-18 - 597 words

0Unrated
Prologue
In the dead of the winter, the night’s air posses a stale coldness. The trees surrounding her looks white in the pale light that escapes from the moon. She runs faster through the night. She breathes in the chilling crisp air as she runs along the damp dirt road. The vast forest seem to eat her alive as she runs deeper into the woods. The dark night takes over as the clouds cover the moon. She turns her head to hear them. Anything. She catches a glimpse of a quick shadow to her right moving through the trees. ‘They’re coming for me! I have to keep running’ she thought. With the moon light gone from guiding her, she fears she cannot navigate through the woods without encountering them. Her feet stumble beneath her and she crashes to the ground hard. She can feel the ground beneath her jagged with rocks and cold from the early day rain. She tries to make a quick recover but they were faster. She‘s surrounded. They moved low among the forest floor slowly moving towards her watching her every move with there dark yellow eyes. One appears from the right moving slowly, staring with his dark eyes and letting his hot breath escape into the night. The second one appears to her left snarling and ready to attack. The third one appears in front of her looking on as if conducting the whole affair. She tried to sit up but the one to her left moves close to her side and snarls. She stiffens her body taking that as a warning not to move. As the clouds start to part, the sky the moon shines down on them. Wolves. She only sees three but knows there is more. She could not let it end this way. Not like this. She tries to reach for a jagged rock under her body but that is her fatal mistake. The wolf to her left jumps towards her snarling his jaws aimed at her neck. She feels the pressure of the wolf’s teeth on her neck pushing against her throat. It was getting harder and harder to breath. She feels the warm blood turning cold as it drips down her neck and onto the dirt ground. She looks up to the pale blue moon, as it suddenly is drench in a crimson red. The last thing she has ever seen.


Waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night, he looked over at the clock on the nightstand. 3:23am like clockwork, he slowly pushed the covers away from him. He was drenched in his own sweat his clothes felt sticky to his skin. He closed his eyes tight hoping it will erase the dream from his mind. He made his way through his dark one bedroom apartment to the bathroom. He ran his hand along the wall feeling for the light switch. He stood in front of the sink washing his face unaware of the mirror in front of him. He continues to wash his face knowing what to expect as his looks in the mirror. He slightly looks up. The same old face. Light brown eyes hidden by his fear. The one lone scar that covered his left eye. He looks away as he runs his hands through his chestnut brown hair. He opens the medicine cabinet looking for his prescription sleeping pills. Looking back at his reflection he lightly touches his scar. It still burns when he thinks about that night when he thinks about her.
Sign up to rate and review this story