Categories > Original > Drama > Vivid

Vivid

by CrimsonCaos

The Game took his brother, and now he's here to get revenge.

Category: Drama - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-04-09 - Updated: 2006-04-10 - 551 words

?Blocked
Vivid

Dion sat stock still; only his head swiveled back and forth, taking in the passing people. He kept his mind away from the coming match, knowing that if he dwelled on it it would only make his agitation worse. Beside him his companion Damian fidgeted in his seat. It was clear to Dion that he was thinking about the match. It didn't shock Dion. In the few weeks that they knew each other Dion learned two things about his new partner. One, he was very jittery, and two, he was incredibly powerful. But no one knew where he had come from. He had shown up at one of the skirmishes and Annick, the District manager, tested him. Annick had been thrown across the room from just touching the small orb of power buried deep inside of him. Annick paired them together because he said that their energies felt the same.
Dion was shaken out of the past by a whimper from beside him. Damian was curled up with his arms locked around his drawn up legs. His long ebony braid was over his shoulder and clutched in one hand. He was intently staring at something across from him. Dion turned his head to look.
Two men were staring at them. They looked like carbon copies of each other. The same brown hair, black eyes, and porcelain skin. Dion had never seen a Pair that was related by blood. He didn't even know that it was possible, but here they were. Twin brothers. Then it hit him. This was the legendary Pair Oblivion. The only Pair that could connect a bond without some kind of contact. That wasn't the only thing they were known for. They were the most vicious Pair in history as well. Dion shuddered. He wondered what they were doing here. Only first and second levels were fighting today.
The twin on the left lifted a pale hand and brushed back a lock of hair and tucked it behind an ear. The movement revealed their Pair tattoo. It was a black X with a thin red ring around it. All Pairs had a Pair tattoo. It showed ownership and it made summoning a bond easier. Dion's and Damian's Pair tattoo was a pair of interlocked stars with their Pair name in script in the middle of it. Their name was Vivid.

Annick pushed his way through the crowd; worrying over the news he was just given. He had just found out that his first level Pair Vivid was fighting the most blood thirsty of the first levels. Pair Blitz from district four. He found Damian and Dion sitting in some chairs in the hall leading to the arena.
Dion was the first to look up. His steel colored hair was mussed from his hands running through it and his gray eyes held a hint of worry. But a small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.
"More bad news?"
When Damian heard Dion speak he jumped and looked away from the Twins. Annick's face was drawn and tired. Damian automatically knew it was bad. Not only was this his first match ever, but no, it just had to get worse.
"You are up against Blitz."
Dion visably paled and Damian frowned.
"What is it? Who is Blitz?"
Sign up to rate and review this story