Categories > TV > WWE > So Much More Than Meets The Eye

Tarot Readings And Staring Contests

by RhiannonLeighBlack 0 reviews

Category: WWE - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-08-22 - Updated: 2009-08-22 - 1937 words - Complete

0Unrated
Tripp had went to the docks with Kidman and Sick Boy to help take inventory of the latest arrivals. Punk was downstairs, finishing off his pasta. This left Tripp and Gypsy's room devoid of life, with the exception of two people, sitting cross legged on the floor.

"Let's see what you've got, Gypsy. What do the cards have in store for my Flock and I?"

Gypsy's maniacal smile widened exponentially as she began to shuffle the cards.

"I'm going to do a Celtic Cross reading, as this will give you the most information for your particular question. The first card is the card surrounding your current situation." she explained, turning over the first card.

"Death?"

"Death inverted. This is a time of absolute endings and new beginnings. Transformations, sweeping changes; out with the old and in with the new, so to speak. When Death is upright, it's changes of the good kind. When Death is inverted, it's the exact opposite."

"So this is a bad omen?"

Raven's eyes became cold, narrowing at Gypsy and studying her closely as she continued.

"Not necessarily. We'll know more once the reading is finished. The second card crosses the first, and symbolizes what crosses or goes against you."

She turned over the card, crossing it over the first.

"The Magician. Going by the fact that Death was inverted, we can assume this is also negative. In this case, the Magician represents trickery and deception--basically a warning to be careful of whom you place your trust in. Of course it could also mean that you're lacking in self confidence or being indecisive, but knowing what I do about you, I'd say it's the first option."

"Does that mean one of you three isn't to be trusted?"

Gypsy sent her boss a coy smile.

"I wouldn't go that far just yet. The third card represents your conscious thoughts."

The third card was turned over, and placed above the other two.

"The Emperor. When this card falls into place in a reading concerning the querent, it suggests that he or she will be able to influence people and have a great sense of authority. In other words, you're thinking about being the shepherd of your flock, where you're going to lead us next and how you're going to do it."

Raven did not speak this time, but merely nodded his agreement. He was impressed--so far, Gypsy had nailed everything. This was a time of new beginnings, and also a time where everything could come crashing down around him, especially if it involved CM Punk.

"The fourth card represents your subconscious thoughts, things that you think about without realizing."

The fourth card was turned up, and placed under the first two.

"The Hanged Man, inverted. This can represent ill health, or stress and anxiety. I need to stress to you that this is a time of patience, not worry. Also, it can symbolize selfishness, the use of emotional blackmail by playing the martyr, and a warning that weakness of will may lead you in the wrong direction. I'd be keeping a close eye on my health if I were you, bossman."

"The cards recommend I see a doctor?" Raven deadpanned.

"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say yeah, the other two don't seem to fit."

Silly girl, she thinks I'm above using emotional blackmail.


"The fifth card represents influences from your immediate past." Gypsy explained, flipping over the next card, and putting it into place to the left of the first two cards.

"The World, which symbolizes the arrival of your heart's desire, whatever that may be. A time of achievement, recognition, success and triumph. Sounds like you really had things going for you!"

"I did, and still do."

The blonde man mirrored the smirk of Gypsy as he said this, letting her know he planned on that streak of good luck continuing.

"The sixth card represents your immediate future."

This card was flipped, and placed to the right of the first two cards.

"The Fool, inverted. You should always expect the unexpected when The Fool turns up in a reading, for it symbolizes influences that could have a dramatic effect on the decisions and choices you make. Inverted, he foreshadows naivete, thoughtlessness, immaturity, lack of responsibility, impulsiveness and lawlessness. "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread". Basically a warning to look before you leap. In other words bossman, watch your back."

Raven nodded, the gears in his mind turning. He was definitely going to have to be wary of the Chicagoan.

"The seventh card represents how you see yourself."

This card was placed to the lower right of the other cards.

"The Heirophant, which is a symbol of moral law. It represents advice, wise counsel, spiritual consolation, knowledge, identification, faith, conformity and tradition. You see yourself as a wise and capable advisor, a practical instructor, and a spiritual guide--basically a good leader. Moving right along, the eighth card represents how others see you."

This card was flipped, and placed directly above the seventh.

"The Hermit, inverted. It symbolizes obstinancy, suspiciousness, fear, impatience, folly and arrogance. When the Hermit appears in a reading, he symbolizes a need for careful consideration of issues. He warns against making hasty decisions, and recommends taking advice from someone you trust before making any decisions. Concerning health, the Hermit indicates a time of convalescence and rest. When inverted, he implies arrogance and obstinancy, suspiciousness, and a refusal to accept advice when help would be beneficial. Other negative aspects include impatience leading to bad decisions and loneliness. Okay, that's the second time your health has come up in this reading--go to a doctor."

"That'd be your advice?"

"And apparently the advice of the cards. The ninth card represents your hopes and fears."

Gypsy flipped up the next card, placing it directly above the eighth one.

"The Wheel of Fortune, inverted. Geesh, that's a lot of inverted stuff during this reading boss, and all of it Major Arcana...um, I'd heed the warnings if it were me, I'm just sayin'. When the Wheel of Fortune appears, it heralds a new cycle in life, good luck, and fortune. It is fate that has brought this into your life rather than your own doing. Since it is inverted however...it represents obstacles, temporary bad luck, and unpleasant surprises. It's obviously turning in the opposite direction, and heralds a time of misfortune, however this is temporary, as the wheel turns downwards, in time, it will turn up."

"...Okay, so this means the downturn in business is here to stay for awhile, but it will get better?"

Gypsy nodded.

"I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one. The tenth and final card represents your outcome, and it's closely linked with the sixth card, which was your immediate future."

She flipped the card, and placed it directly above the ninth. Gypsy paled as she saw what it was she'd just revealed.

"The Devil, inverted. He symbolizes lust of the flesh, temptation and addiction, and that's when he's not inverted. When it IS inverted, as it is now, it represents entrapment, lust, greed, ignorance, anger, tyranny and obsession. Concerning relationships, this card warns against obsession or people that are no good for you, and prompts you to examine the situation carefully. He stands as a warning against the destructive consequences of your actions that are motivated by greed, lust and power. Always consider your motives when The Devil appears, it is a helpful indicator for you to change course while you still can."

"This means what, exactly?"

"It's pretty much demanding you see a doctor, and take care of your health. We want you have you around for a long time to come, boss."

Even as he assured the girl that he would see a physician, Raven was plotting the best course of action to deal with the straight edger.

-

I feel like I got conned into a staring contest.

The thought drifted through Punk's mind as he sat in front of Nightingale's cage, looking in at her. She sat just in front of the door on a hot pink beanbag chair, staring back at him. They'd been in this exact position for a good half an hour, and she had yet to speak.

"Um, hi. I'm CM Punk, your new babysitter. You can call me Punk, I don't think I like the CM in front of it."

Nightingale hadn't replied, hadn't even bothered to nod; instead she just stared at him with those big green doe eyes of hers, blinking every once in awhile.

"So...you obviously sing, but what else do you do for fun?"

The question was met with the cocking of her head, and silence.

Glancing over, he noted a copy of Romeo and Juliet lying next to her mattress.

"You like to read Shakespeare?"

Not even that compelled her to speak. She just sat there, staring and blinking.

Punk ran a hand through his dark hair, sighing heavily.

"Well, looks like I got the shitty end of the assignment stick. Jeff gets to help with the business, Cara gets to be the personal advisor, and me? I get stuck watching the human pet, a complete NUTCASE who sings but doesn't speak, and lives in a CAGE, for fuck's sake!"

By this point Punk was on his feet, pacing in front of the cage and ranting about his misfortune, while Nightingale looked on.

If I didn't know better, I'd say she was getting a kick out of this!

Punk was so absorbed in his rant that he nearly missed the soft voice as it spoke.

"I'm not supposed to speak."

He turned, fixing a steely gaze on the redhead.

"Come again?"

"I'm not supposed to speak, except to him, and not in the presence of others."

"That's ridiculous, why would he--"

"Because my purpose isn't to ask questions, or to speak. My purpose is to sing when he asks me to, that's it."

"That's it? You just sing on demand? And you don't have a problem with this?"

"It doesn't matter if I do or not, that's the price for living here, for being a part of his Flock. That's how he found me, I was singing on the streets a few years ago. He heard me, saw that I was poor, homeless and hungry, and gave me a home. He saved my life, so now I owe it to him in servitude."

Punk sighed, kneeling in front of the cage door.

"First off, I'm not Raven. I'm a stand in, and when I'm in charge, things are a lot different. I'm not going to put you into this contraption until I absolutely have to, and you are allowed to speak freely. Of course, we'll have to keep things his way when we're around him, but that's to be expected. When the Raven is away, the mice will play."

Nightingale looked up at him, studying his face carefully, almost afraid to get her hopes up.

"You mean that?"

"I mean it. And I'm sorry for calling you a nutcase earlier."

For the first time since he'd met her, Nightingale flashed him a bright smile.

"I'm sorry for finding your rant terribly amusing. You have no idea how hard it was to keep a straight face."

Punk smirked, extending his hand to hers through the bars.

"What do you say, Nightingale, friends?"

"Friends." she agreed, taking the outstretched hand, and shaking it once to seal the deal.

"Now that we're past that, tell me, what do you do for fun around this place?"
Sign up to rate and review this story