Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Side Deck

Card 06

by Mikari 0 reviews

Card 06: Ninja Scroll (Yu-Gi-Oh! x Naruto)

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Humor - Characters: Seto Kaiba - Published: 2009-08-26 - Updated: 2009-08-27 - 2217 words - Complete

0Unrated
Side Deck

Card 06: Ninja Scroll (Naruto)

It was a sunny morning and just outside the Hidden Leaf village, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura were waiting for someone. "Are you sure Kakashi-sensei sent you to tell us about this mission?" Sakura eyed Naruto suspiciously. 'If it's a lie you're toast,' her shadow self thought.

"Sure! Kakashi sensei said we're experienced enough to go on a mission on our own. We're supposed to wait for this guy to arrive and make sure he finishes all his business safely," Naruto spoke with an obviously fake tone.

"This is pointless," Sasuke drew all attention towards himself, suddenly sounding like Shikamaru. "I don't believe you're telling the truth Naruto and if that is so, then we're waiting here for nothing."

"He's coming!" Naruto insisted. "I'm telling you he's coming, believe it!"

"I didn't say I didn't believe Kaiba was coming, I said I didn't believe this is a mission. If he had requested ninja protecting, then Kakashi would be with us right now. He wouldn't send us in a mission like this alone," Sasuke clarified.

"Well it's just that..." Naruto was trying to think of an excuse when the sound of a helicopter flying near by was heard.

"Look!" Sakura pointed to the helicopter that landed near the entrance of the village.

Seto got off the helicopter, carrying a silver briefcase. Sasuke approached and asked. "Is it true that you asked for a squad of ninjas to protect you on your business trip?"

"Of course not, why would I do such a thing? I can take care of everything myself," Seto replied.

Sasuke directed an angry glare at Naruto, but at the same time mentally kicked himself for letting him trick him into coming in the first place. "Just as I thought, care to explain yourself, Naruto?"

"Well you see, the thing is he's going to build an arcade here, believe it! This place could use an arcade and it'll be good for the city and all. I only wanted to make sure everything went well," Naruto explained.

"Why wouldn't it?" Sakura angrily demanded. "He probably goes on business trips all the time, that's no reason to need ninja protection, what could possibly go wro-"

"Watch out!" Sasuke suddenly jumped towards a masked man that appeared out of nowhere. The kick reached its target and the enemy ninja fell to the ground. Seto looked at them uninterested. "He was after you, why is that?" Before he received an answer the ninja used the replacement jutzu and Sasuke was now standing on a log.

"Give it to me!" The enemy ninja yelled, throwing a chain at Seto's briefcase. The chain wrapped itself around the silver briefcase but Seto didn't let it go. "You better let me have it or else!" The enemy ninja yelled pulling the chain as hard as he could.

Seto grinned and let go of the briefcase. "Alright I'll let you have it." The briefcase flew toward the ninja and hit him on the face, knocking him out.

"That briefcase is pretty hard," Sakura observed.

"It's bulletproof," Seto he got it loose from the chain and began to walk away. "That wasn't a very good ninja."

"Yeah, he's worse than Naruto," Sakura agreed.

"Hey! I'll be the greatest ninja of all, believe it!" Naruto noticed Seto walking away and ran after him. "You're still building the arcade here right?"

"Yes, no wannabe ninja is going to stop me." To meet customers that were looking forwards to the new arcade on his first day of business was a good sign. Seto still needed to inspect the land and build the arcade, but that shouldn't take too long.

"Alright, we still get the arcade, I can't wait! This could be the perfect thing to do on my free time when I'm not busy training or eating ramen." Naruto noticed no one was listening to him.

"So Sasuke what do you think is in that briefcase that they tried to steal?" Sakura asked.

"Probably technology the competition wants," Sasuke said. "I'll keep an eye on the thief, go tell Kakashi."

"Right," Sakura ran off to find the sensei.

xoxox xox xoxox

The rest of the morning passed normally, until later in the afternoon, Seto was retuning to his helicopter after ending the business deal. Soon a Kaiba Corporation arcade would be built in the village. He was happy to finally get out of there. The Hokague's grandson, Konohamaru, was driving him insane with all the questions about ninja cards and why his coat defied gravity. He was surprised he was actually able to hold his temper. He should have brought Mokuba along, then the two kids could chat with each other instead.

Then there was that weird boy who repeated the words 'believe it' on every other sentence, he also spent the day following Seto around. Finally, Seto was going home, that's what he thought until a ninja star was thrown at him. He blocked it with his briefcase, as the ninja responsible for throwing it came out of hiding. "More ninja wannabes after my new duel disk technology? Who sent you?"

"I don't care about that duel disk you say you have," the ninja replied. "My target is something else. Something more useful for a ninja, you know what it is don't you?"

"I'm not sure what you want, but whatever it is, I'm not giving it to you." There where more of them, Seto was sure of it. They were hiding all around, he didn't know exactly where, but they were hiding near by. A chain was thrown at him from behind, but another ninja jumped from the ground and threw a kunai at it, making it get stuck in a tree. "What are you doing here?"

"May I ask what you were planning to do if I had not come?" Kakashi fought with the two enemy ninjas and easily defeated them.

"Those two ninja wannabes present no danger," Seto turned to face his helicopter, but noticed it had taken considerable damage during the short battle.

"The spinning thing looks broken, believe it!" Naruto commented as he, Sasuke and Sakura arrived.

"It's fine," Seto tried to take off, but a few pieces fell off from the propeller and the helicopter was unable to fly. Today had been a long day, even if it was still mid afternoon and being around ninja reminded him of something he had purposely forgotten. A blur ran past Seto, "my briefcase!"

"Tie the enemies to a tree, I'll go get the briefcase," Kakashi ran after the ninja that stole it.

"I can get it back myself," Seto ran off in the same direction.

Sakura picked up the chains the enemy ninjas were using. "C'mon Sasuke help me tie them up like Kakashi sensei said!"

"You and Naruto can take care of that," Sasuke also joining the chase.

"Hey, don't leave me behind!" Naruto ran off, leaving Sakura alone.

"Isn't anyone going to help me tie them up?" No one answered. 'Inconsiderate idiots,' her grumbled, while she dragged one of the unconscious ninjas closer to a tree.

xoxox xox xoxox

The enemy ninja sat on a tree branch and opened the briefcase. "A duel disk, that's all? Where is the scroll?"

"Come down from there right now!" Seto yelled angrily. The ninja ignored him, thinking he presented no danger, but kept an eye out for Kakashi.

Kakashi watched quietly from another tree. "I wonder just how much he remembers?" Suddenly a card hit the tree branch and another and another, until it was broken.

Flashback

"Duel Monsters and ninjas, you can put the two together," the old sensei said.

The brown haired boy listened and paid attention. "How can I?"

"Watch this," the sensei threw a card at a wooden target. The card got stuck in the wood as if it were a knife.

Young Seto looked at the card in amazement. "How did you do that? It's just a card."

"There is a connection between the duelist and the deck. Share your energy with your cards, surround them in your energy and they will be stronger. Depending on how much energy you put into them, is how strong they will be," the sensei explained.

End Flashback

The ninja fell to the ground and dropped the briefcase. What he was looking for wasn't in it anyway. A rain of cards was thrown at him, so he quickly retreated and disappeared in the trees. Seto picked up his briefcase and made sure the new model of Duel Disk he designed was still there and unharmed, then he walked back in direction to the village.

"I guess you remember the sensei's special card trick," Kakashi jumped out of his hiding place in the tree. "Too bad you never got to the part about jutsu."

"What are you talking about and why don't you stop following me?" Seto asked.

"I heard the story of a sensei who adopted two boys," Seto stopped and listened to Kakashi. How did he know that and just how much did he know? "One of them was too young at the time, but the older one was ready to learn how to become a ninja. However, the boys only lived with him for a very short time. One night ninjas came looking for a scroll the sensei had. He died that night after only teaching the older boy the very basics, even if he learned quickly, there wasn't enough time. The two boys escaped following a map of underground passages and were later returned to the orphanage. The sensei made sure they were on their way to a safe place before going to face the enemies, but he was outnumbered. Then the boys were adopted by Gozaburo Kaiba."

"That's enough!" Seto sounded angry. "You have no right to talk about my past."

"I'm sorry, you're right, one's past is not something that other's should intrude in," Kakashi apologized. "But you must hear me out. They finally figured out where the scroll went, the enemy should have never known about the ninja master's students, they finally found you."

"Are you saying Mokuba could be in danger? I know what I'm doing, he's safe, he doesn't have what they want and they could never get past my security back home," Seto argued.

"I'm pretty sure he's safe. You were the one who began the training." Kakashi agreed.

Naruto and Sasuke were hiding in a tree. Naruto looked like he was going to say something, possibly ask about the scroll, but Sasuke signaled for him to be quiet. The blond boy didn't quite understand why but kept quiet and continued to listen to their conversation.

"They shouldn't have known that boy from long ago was Seto Kaiba. Why did they figure it out now?" Kakashi was suspicious. "Why did you let your guard down on purpose and indirectly told them who you are?"

"I don't have to answer that," Seto ended the conversation. The sensei was like his grandfather, even if he only spent a short time with him. He didn't continue his ninja training after that, so he never learned about jutsu, but he still remembered some of the basics, even if he hasn't practiced in so many years.

"Will you tell me instead what your plan is to keep the scroll safe?" Kakashi inquired.

Seto ignored him and instead looked to the tree were Sasuke and Naruto were hiding. "Hey kid, come down here."

"Do you have a job for me? I guess you know a good ninja when you see one. I'm going to be the strongest ninja ever, believe it!" Naruto jumped down from the tree.

"I think he was talking to me," Sasuke walked past Naruto.

"Can you do a fire jutsu?" Seto asked.

"Yes," Sasuke understood and so did Kakashi. Kakashi thought it was best this way and nodded. Sasuke made the fire jutsu and Seto threw a scroll he kept in his coat into the fire.

The scroll was burned, as Naruto watched and his jaw dropped. "You destroyed it! How could you do that?"

"With fire," Sasuke purposely stated the obvious, while Seto ignored Naruto. Sasuke began to walk towards the village. The mission was over. Soon Kakashi and Naruto followed.

Seto looked in direction to the enemy ninja hiding in a tree. He didn't dare to attack and steal the scroll before it burned with Kakashi so close by. Seto was sure the ninja saw everything. He used his cell phone to call another helicopter to come pick him up and returned home.

xoxox xox xox

In Domino city, Seto looked at the real scroll. It was best if those who could want to steal it thought it was destroyed, no one else should know the secret to using cards as weapons. Besides, it was something that always bothered Seto. It was yet another thing that could get Mokuba kidnapped and that needed to be solved. For the enemy, the scroll no longer existed, but Seto would always treasure it.

End of Card 06

Disclaimer, I don't own Naruto or Yu-Gi-Oh! Card 06: I know Naruto doesn't always say "believe it" but I think it's funny so I included it. I also included shadow Sakura; that was all so amusing.
Sign up to rate and review this story