Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Not One For Love Songs

I'm Not One For Love Songs (Part 16)

by ohsotay23 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-04 - Updated: 2009-09-04 - 1567 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Thanks for all of the awesome reviews you guys! I'm not quite sure where I want to go with this story but I'm starting to think that maybe this'll go to about 25 chapters. Keep reading and reviewing please! :D

noregretrn23- love you toooo bestfrand!
chocolatechortle22- Joe and Jaycee are both really stubborn, so we'll see...!
ixamxnotxaxnugget- Gabe is definitely not very pleasant when inebriated. and yes!, Joecee time!
falloutgirly44- Awww! Thanks! :D
Warpedchris- Thank youuuz! And Gabe's night will be revealed in this chapter! (:!
tryingtohard_x- Merci beaucoup! I try.! =]


Song Recommendation- Boys Don't Matter- Lovesick Radio


I'm Not One For Love Songs


I don’t know when I crawled into bed later that night, but apparently I had. It was probably after that last episode of True Life. I think that episode may have been the best yet, True Life: I’m A Sumo Wrestler. Why is it that that show’s so damn addictive? Well, anyways…

I woke up to my alarm blaring and I realized that I actually had to go to work today. Not a fun realization. I saw that I had about 30 minutes to get ready and leave, that left me with not enough time to take a shower. What a great start to the day. I threw on some comfortable jeans, put in the retainer for my Monroe, threw my hair up and did all the necessary morning routines. I grabbed a grapefruit and ran out the door to try and not miss my subway train.

I sat on the train listening to my iPod. My song of the day I decided was going to be ‘I Put The “Metro” In Metronome’. Thanks Cute Is What We Aim For.

Wait a second, I just totally realized something.

Where the FUCK was Gabe…?

He wasn’t in the apartment when I was there…

Oh lord. This could not in any way, shape, or form be good. I swear to God, if he got wasted last night, I’m going to kill him, I swear. I mean I’d even accept him getting a little buzzed, but he really needs to start taking this whole recovery thing seriously.

Once I arrived at work I had tried to push him out of my mind and listen to angry screamo music, thanks The Devil Wears Prada. Your loud screaming music is greatly appreciated at the moment.

I walked in with my purse on my shoulder and went to put on my scrubs but was stopped by May who greeted me with, “Your friend is back.”

I hesitated for a moment and thought for a second, “What are you talking about?”

“Your friend Gabe? He was rushed in again last night, there was a big accident,” she told me carefully.

My mind just froze. I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to think about this whole situation. I just, my mind couldn’t seem to process the small amount of information that it’s just been handed. Accident? What is she talking about?

“Accident? What do you mean May?” I asked hesitantly.

She took a deep breath before looking at my sympathetically, “Well, he was in a cab with two other people when suddenly a bus ran a red light and collided. Sadly the side that was crashed into was his. He’s in the ICU. No alcohol was found in any of their systems, including the other passengers, which goes to show how some people just have the worst of luck. Poor thing, he’s gone through a lot lately, hasn’t he?”

I just started breathing really heavily. I couldn’t think of anything except the fact that Gabe had done everything right but still gotten completely screwed over. He has to be alright, “Is he going to be alright?” I asked, with a quivering voice.

“Well…” May hesitated.

“What?! You can tell me! I’m not gonna go on a mass killing spree or something!” I freaked on her. I only expected the worst to come out of her mouth right now.

She just looked at me sympathetically, “He had to get surgery dear, he had internal bleeding and one of his lungs was damaged. He also has a broken legs and the bleeding was so bad that we had to clean him off with rags. A shard of glass from the other car’s broken windshield had lodged itself into his side, not deep enough to cause too much damage, but there were stitches, a lot of stitches. And he’s sure to have a few scars that are going to be permanent, especially the one on his side. He’s expected to make a full recovery, we hope. The damage to his lungs could either heal perfectly or take a turn for the worse because he’s very prone to sicknesses having to do with the lung area for the next few weeks. And the weather isn’t going to help very much with preventing that. All that we can really do is see what happens.”

“Woah,” I said slowly, trying to take all of this new information in, “well, is he awake?” I asked and that was when I felt the tears on my cheeks. I hadn’t even realized that I had been crying. But now that I did, I couldn’t stop. May gently embraced me and tried to comfort me, but I knew it wouldn’t work. Only one person could comfort me about this.

“Is he awake?” I asked quietly.

“He’s probably still unconscious from what we gave him last night during surgery,” she explained.

“Oh, okay, when is he going to be released?”

“Hopefully later tonight if he’s up to it, it’s all his choice though. But don’t worry deary, I’ll bring you to his room,” she said in the voice that I had used so many times before to comfort and console distraught loved ones of patients. It was just now that I realized how much that voice really didn’t help. I made a mental note to start using a different tone in work.

She led me down the hallway to the elevator where we rode up one floor to reach the ICU. Two doors to the right, across from the elevator we stopped at a room. I sighed as she told me that she’d be downstairs at our area when I was done.

I nodded and waited for her to walk away to open the door and peak in silently.

He was lying in the surprisingly comfortable hospital bed peacefully. His arms were full of bandages and his face was bruised, along with the rest of him. I wanted to comfort him and tell him that everything was alright but at the moment I was scared that I might hurt him, literally, and oh yeah, he’s unconscious.

I just sat in the chair conveniently placed next to his bed. I didn’t wanna move from that spot. I didn’t even wanna think about leaving him here all alone. I wouldn’t, and quite honestly I couldn’t.

I sat there for 10 minutes.

Then 10 minutes turned into 30 minutes.

Then 30 minutes turned into an hour.

And then May walked back into the room, shaking her head at me sympathetically. She pulled another chair over and sat down next to me.

“How are you doing?” she asked.

“Horrible,” I answered simply.

“What exactly is going on between you and him?”

“Well, he has some addiction problems,” I started off, and with her knowing nod, I continued, “well he showed up at my house, in really bad condition a few days ago, and since then he’s just been there. And I told him I’d help him. He needs me; he needs me there to help him get through this. And this really sucks, because he and I have a really bad past filled with lots of dislike and mean words. And I think, I think I really care about him, too much,” that was all that I was able to get out through my tears. May was rubbing my back comfortingly as she handed me a Kleenex.

“Sweetie, all you can do is be here for him when he wakes up. After this he’ll surely need you more than ever,” she told me.

“Kay,” I sniffled, still sitting there watching him, hoping that he would just wake up so that I can see him smile, or smirk, or laugh, anything.

“Now I’m gonna leave you here, but once he wakes up come and get me, okay?”

I just nodded in response as she left the room.

I walked to the other side of the room and looked out the window, I wiped away my tears. I hated crying. I was stronger than that. I couldn’t just keep this all in though. I had to be able to depend on someone else for once. I knew what I had to do.

I picked up my phone and dialed a familiar number.

“Jay?”

“Hey! What’s up Nat?” she answered cheerily.

“There was an accident…” I trailed off.

And for the next half hour I stood there on the phone crying and let someone else comfort me for once.

For once, the nurse was being taken care of.
Sign up to rate and review this story