Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Little Less 16 Candles... continued...

Chapter 21

by areyounormal 5 reviews

Beckett's plans begin to crumble and Andy has to make a tough decision

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-13 - Updated: 2009-09-13 - 2261 words - Complete

5Exciting
Patrick gasped as another wave of information reached him from Pete. Unused to the experience, Patrick seemed blindsided by the rush of noise and garbled words entering his mind.

“What’s wrong?” Joe asked, concerned by Patrick’s sudden paleness; his eyes opening and closing rapidly.
“P…Pete,” Patrick choked out. “He’s trying to tell me something, b…but it’s too much.”

Patrick arched his back as a repeat of the flood of information filled his mind, like a thousand voices calling at once.

“Stop! P…please stop it!” he cried, pain flooding his entire body.
“What can I do?” Joe asked quickly, wishing he could help, but doubting he could.

Patrick’s response was merely to screw up his face against the pain. Placing his free hand on his forehead, he again pulled on the chains to no effect. Subsiding as quickly as it had started, Patrick’s body fell limp on the bed, shuddering and breathing heavily as he regained his equilibrium.

“Are you okay? What was he saying?” Joe asked, relieved that his friend’s pain had been replaced by sheer exhaustion.
“It was hard to understand,” Patrick mumbled. “Something about a girl, his first kill, he…”
“He’s going to kill her?” Joe pulled back in horror.
“I don’t… ‘Stop short of killing’ … umm… I can’t make sense, there’s too much. Something about Spencer.”
“I’m sorry, Patrick, I have to get back there now. I can’t let him kill her!”

Joe was already heading out the door before Patrick could react.

“Joe!” he called. “No, wait, you don’t understand!”

His cry fell on deaf ears. Pulling again frustratedly on the chains, Patrick cursed his situation for not being able to stop him.

“Joe!”

*

“So, you’re Ryan?” Andrea asked as the pair roamed the moonlit gardens.
“Yes, Miss Logan.”
“Please call me Andrea,” she had no idea whether appealing to a vampire’s better nature could work. Or even if a vampire had a better nature, but she was willing to try anything to escape.
“I can’t do that, Miss Logan,” Ryan replied quietly. “Only Master William can call you that.”

Andrea stopped near a fragrant Evening Jasmine bush and took in the rich scent.

“Tell me about yourself, Ryan,” she asked as she took a seat near to enjoy the sweet heady perfume of the jasmine.

“What do you want to know?” there was a hint of suspicion in the young vampire’s tone, but not enough to be threatening.
“What did you do before you were a vampire? How long ago? Do you like it?” Andrea offered a few sample questions to start what she hoped would be an enlightening discussion.

Ryan turned eyes towards her that seemed to hold an almost confused expression.

“I’ve been a vampire for nearly two years, the rest is irrelevant.”
“Irrelevant?” Andrea’s eyebrows rose at the words. “Then, what does all this mean to you?”
“Mean?” Ryan shook his head as if she had asked something outlandish. “I serve my master.”
“William?”
“Yes, I serve Master William.”

There was something odd about the way he had phrased his replies, that she couldn’t quite put her finger on but it had become more than apparent to her that Ryan was not to be appealed to; she didn’t believe he’d know what to do with an appeal if she made one.

“I’d like to see what’s down there,” she pointed down the slight grassy slope.
“I’m sorry, Miss Logan, but my instructions are to show you the gardens only.”
“But it’s still within the grounds, I asked for a tour of the grounds.”
“My Master said the gardens only,” Ryan replied, stepping between Andrea and the lawns.
“Your master? Your master is Spencer?”

Ryan looked up, confused by her words.

“No, I mean, yes, but he serves Master William.”
“And if there was ever any conflict between the two?” Andrea pressed. “Who would you back?”
“Master Spencer,” Ryan replied, a quizzical expression on his face. “But that’s true of all of us. We owe allegiance to the one who made us.”

Andrea frowned thoughtfully. Spencer was a sly one, more even than she had realised. He had admitted to her himself that the entire coven served only William, and yet, here he was training Ryan to believe that his loyalty was first and foremost to Spencer. Spencer played a dangerous game, but one that largely succeeded on the basis that vampires rarely even spoke to each other, never mind confide.

“Ryan,” Andrea smiled. “William is calling for me. I’d like you to take me to him please.”
“I’m sure I’d be aware if he was,” Ryan replied calmly.
“Are you going to ignore your Master’s wishes just because he hasn’t spoken to directly to such a young vampire? He told me he would call for me when he wanted me. He’s calling to me now, directly to me, but I don’t know my way around.”
“My apologies, Miss Logan, I’ll take you to him.”

*

Pete’s grin broadened into a sneer as he launched himself at Spencer, who, in turn, narrowed his eyes. He had heard of the beating the other coven members had received courtesy of Pete and although he knew their capabilities he found it difficult to believe that a vampire of only two years could possibly cause so much damage. That was, of course, until Pete hit him. The strength in Pete’s punch sent him careering into the wall behind him; slamming into the mahogany panels, cracking and splintering one.

Sliding to the floor, momentarily dazed, Spencer reeled as Pete sat astride him delivering blow after blow. Leaning in, Pete’s fangs lengthened.

“Do not bite him, Peter, you must take no other blood than mine.”
“Yours!” Spencer cried as he now understood Pete’s unnatural strength.

Clearing his mind as best he could, Spencer reached up, seizing Pete’s throat, squeezing with all his strength. Pete clawed at the hand, trying without success to peel Spencer’s fingers back.

Behind the struggling pair, William was frowning; Spencer was very strong, almost as strong as Brendon had been, but if Pete wasn’t able to beat Spencer in a fight, then perhaps he wasn’t strong enough for his plan after all? It was not what he wanted to see.

“I’m gonna rip your throat out, Wentz!”

Pete saw red; Spencer would not beat him. Even when trapped in Beckett’s mansion the first time, most of Beckett’s lackeys were at least bearable, but not this one. No, he had somehow seen Spencer for what he was – ambitious, self-serving and highly dangerous. At the time, he wondered how Beckett had allowed him to remain so close to him given his obvious power-hungry tendencies. But maybe that was exactly why Beckett had kept him close? Why he had so easily accepted the accusations against him and why Pete had the pleasure of making him pay for it, now. It had not occurred to Pete that although Beckett did indeed accept the accusations, he wanted to test Pete’s strength more than anything.

Grimacing with pain and frustration, Pete balled a fist and landed a punch into Spencer’s throat. Instantly, Spencer’s fingers lost their vice-like grip on Pete, but refusing to give up his slight advantage, before Pete could pull his hand away, Spencer bent his right leg and used it as leverage to roll over, pinning Pete underneath him. Staring up as Spencer grinned maniacally at him, Pete’s eyes narrowed with anger. Raising his own leg, Pete slammed his foot into Spencer’s chest, propelling him half way across the room.

*

“Andy!” Patrick yelled for the fourth time.

This time he heard footsteps hurrying towards him. As Andy ran, the blood in the glass sloshed up the side, and once spilled over the top, depositing some of the viscous liquid on his hand. Scowling at the mess oozing between his fingers, Andy made a mental note to wash his hands as soon as possible.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he almost skidded into the bedroom.
“Joe’s gone,” Patrick announced, not entirely certain how he could explain it, so many pieces were missing.
“Where? What happened?”
“I got a message from Pete, but it was noisy, garbled, I couldn’t understand half of it.”
“But enough to freak Joe out?” Andy asked placing the glass on the table and wiping his hands.
“He said something about a girl,” Patrick replied with a great deal of uncertainty. “That he had to go back and stop Pete killing her.”
“Pete’s going to kill Andrea?” Andy frowned. “No wonder he left. I have to get after him!”
“No!” Patrick shouted as Andy turned to leave. “I deciphered the message, he’s not going to kill her. He’s come to his senses and is pretending to follow William until he can escape, but there’s a girl there… Andrea?”
“She was supposed to be Pete’s first kill,” Andy explained. “She rescued Joe the night we were captured. When they got Joe, they got her too. We had to leave her to get you and Pete out.”
“He’s gone back for her,” Patrick nodded. “He blames himself?”
“Worse, he likes her. Trick, I have to go, he can’t face them alone, not at night, he’ll get himself killed.”
“Take me with you, I can help. I’m stronger now. Not like Pete, but I’m stronger than you and Joe put together.”
“Yeah, I think that’s what we’re afraid of,” Andy replied with surprising honesty.
“Let me help or kill me now!” Patrick demanded. “You’ll both get caught and I’ll lie here starving for eternity. If you’re going to walk out that door at least stake me first! Please Andy, don’t do this to me!”

Andy stared, rooted to the spot. He had only seconds to make the decision. He needed to go after Joe, but Patrick’s life or death ultimatum shocked him to the core.

“I gotta go,” Andy replied hesitantly. “I can’t make this decision.”
“You have to!” Patrick snapped back. “There is only you! There’s a stake in my top draw or a key in your pocket.”

Andy nodded slowly as he stepped closer, dreading what he had to do.

*

Beckett watched with a smile spreading across his face. Pete was getting the upper hand, and he knew that with the girl’s blood his strength would quadruple. They would have no trouble overpowering and slaughtering the other coven leaders.

“Blood,” Beckett mused. “I’d almost forgotten.”

Pete spun around landing a kick to Spencer’s head sending him spinning to the floor. Jumping to avoid Spencer’s attempt to tangle his feet in Pete’s legs to bring him down, Pete landed softly at shoulder level with Spencer and landed a punch that left the older vampire dazed and bleeding.

As the door opened, Pete spun around, half expecting his friends come to rescue him, and was surprised to see Ryan and Andrea in the doorway. Andrea cried out in shock at the sight of Beckett feeding from the young boy. Pete’s eyes widened at the sight; he had wanted so much to keep Beckett from killing the boy, but his fight with Spencer had been harder than he had expected. In a fit of rage and exasperation, Pete turned and kicked Spencer viciously in the head, knocking him out cold.

“Master!” Ryan called, racing to Spencer’s side.

Beckett’s jaw fell in utter astonishment at the young vampire’s reaction.

“You dare to call him Master!”
“Y… yes, Master William, isn’t that right?” Ryan sounded confused. “He… he turned me. He said he was my master.”
“Did he now?” Beckett seethed, finally seeing Spencer for the treacherous and dangerous vampire he was. “And you accepted this?”
“But he serves you, Master William.”
“No Ryan, from this moment on, Spencer is dead. Who do you serve now?”
“I… I…” Ryan paused, his whole basis of loyalty crumbling around him as he grew more confused. “I serve you, Master William.”
“Damn right you do!” Beckett bellowed in his fury.

Concentrating hard, Beckett sent a bolt of energy that hit Ryan in a brilliant flash of blue-white light. Blinded and disorientated, the young vampire was lifted off his feet and slammed viciously into the wall behind him. Beckett watched with satisfaction as Ryan crumpled instantly to the floor.

“And you!” he snarled looking down at Spencer, slowly waking at his feet. “You will stay exactly where you are until I have time to deal with you.”

Crackling strands of energy wound their way around Spencer’s pain-racked body, holding him firm.

“You tried to destroy Brendon for his place, but then you got greedy, Spencer. How long have you been plotting against me, I wonder?” Beckett shook his head. “A special punishment for you, mark my words!”

Beckett took a deep breath before turning.

“Now, Peter…”

Glancing quickly around the room, Beckett soon realised that both Pete and Andrea had disappeared. Letting out a low guttural scream of frustration and annoyance, Beckett sent out a telepathic call to all vampires of his coven. Peter and Andrea must not be allowed to escape under any circumstances – be that dead or alive.
Sign up to rate and review this story