Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh!

The End of the King of Games

by SereneShadow 0 reviews

Yugi and his friends get more than they bargain for when the villains of the show finally get some sense. Written by someone who has absolutely no knowledge of the series aside from YGO:TAS.

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Joey Wheeler,Ryou Bakura,Seto Kaiba,Tea Gardner,Yami Bakura,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2009-09-15 - Updated: 2009-09-16 - 909 words - Complete

0Unrated
The End of the King of Games

Yugi, Joey, Tea, Tristan, and Mai ran into the dark warehouse. "Where is Bakura?" Asked Yugi. Then, a person stepped out of the shadows.

"I'm so glad you were able to find your way here, little Yugi," said Bakura. "But I should warn you; I'm not alone." More people stepped into the light. There were four of them, and one by one, the heroes were able to see their faces.

"Kaiba? Duke? Malik? And Pegasus?" They gasped.

"What the hell is going on here?" Asked Joey.

"Bakura's Millennium Ring must have taken their brains over again," Tristan thought out loud.

Kaiba shook his head. "No, you fool. We are very much aware of what is happening," he smiled, as Tristan frowned.

"Let's just say that Bakura is very persuasive," laughed Marik.

Duke whispered, "Yeah, persuasive…like he'd kill us if we refused..." But nobody was listening.

"But why?" Asked Yugi.

"Wait a minute, Yugi. Don't you see some similarity between them?" Asked Tea, examining them.

"Yeah, I guess so. They were all beaten once in a duel with me, except Malik," he responded, confused.

"Hey, you're right!" Said Joey.

"So what's your story?" Asked Tea.

"It's simple. My name is not Malik, it's Marik. I am the evil spirit of Malik, and I have worked with Bakura for a long time without your knowledge. However, I now work with everyone you see before you. We have one goal, and that is to collect all of the Millennium Items. And guess what, Yugi? Yours is the last one."

They all laughed evilly, and then six of the Millennium Items appeared in their hands, with Marik holding two. "But how did you do that?" Asked Yugi, in a small voice.

"Once again, Yugi, you are slower than normal," said Bakura. "There are only seven known Millennium Items. They are the eye, the ring, the rod, the scale, the key, the necklace, and the puzzle. Pegasus had the eye—that is, until I stole it. I had the ring, Marik had the rod, Isis had the necklace—"

"You stole from your own sister?" Joey interrupted, looking at Marik, who shook his head with a smile.

"No, idiot, I stole from Malik's sister. Actually, I did more than steal from her," he laughed, and Tristan clenched his fists.

"Anyway, Shaddi had the scale and the key, and you have the puzzle. Now you and your friends are the only thing in the way of us becoming the most powerful men on earth!"

They all burst out in a vicious laughter, except Kaiba. "Don't forget my side of the deal, Bakura," he said, and Bakura nodded.

"Now let's have that puzzle, Yugi," said Pegasus.

"NO! I won't let you have it. I won't let any of you take it from me, unless you can win it from me in a duel!"

Duke laughed. "Yeah, right! We all lost to you before, Yugi—why the hell would we risk that again?[1] You're not playing your way out of this one. You can only win if you play a game, and we're not going to give you a sporting chance." Yugi turned around, crying over his puzzle.

"Now?" Asked Duke, but Bakura shook his head.

"Not yet. We will wait. If Yugi won't hand it over, we'll take it from him." They stood in utter silence, aside from Yugi's blubbering.

"You wouldn't want to get hurt, would you?" Asked Marik.

"I'd rather that than you get this puzzle!" Yugi snapped.

"That can be arranged," laughed Pegasus, while Duke popped his knuckles. He spat on the concrete and lit a cigarette.

"How much longer do we have to wait? I've got places to go. And girls to do," he pointed at Joey, "like your sister." Joey gritted his teeth.

"You won't touch her!" He yelled. Duke smirked.

"I will, whether she likes it or not." Duke threw his cigarette behind him in an effort to look cool.[2]

Kaiba was the first to notice Duke's mistake. "Bakura! The wick of the dynamite is on fire from that idiot's cigarette!" He yelled, and they all turned to look at the burned cigarette's small flame traveling up the wick of a hell of a lot of dynamite.

"RUN!" Screamed Tea, and they all ran, one after another. First Kaiba, then Bakura, Marik, Duke, Pegasus, Mai, Tristan, and then Joey. As Tea began to run out the door, she noticed that Yugi wasn't with her. She turned to find him kneeling on the floor of the warehouse.

"Yugi, come on, we have to run!" She screamed, but Yugi shook his head.

"I can't run anymore, Tea. My foot's asleep.[3] I won't make it in time, and I'm going to die. Run!" He yelled, and continued to cry. Tea knelt down and hugged him.

"No, I'm staying with you like good friends always do! If you go, then I go, Yugi, because that's what best friends are for! We'll never desert each other, because friendship is all we have in this world, and bombs can't undo the special love we have for each other! Best friends don't run when you need them, and I'll stay with you—"

BOOM.


[1] Finally, the villains of this show have common sense. Why did they always choose to duel Yugi before?

[2] Did anyone else ever get that "rapist" vibe from Duke? No?

[3] Don't you hate it when that happens?
Sign up to rate and review this story