Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Love In Dueling

Summer Memory and Worried Friend

by Lowlybug 0 reviews

New school year and lot's going on for Jaden Yuki. He can’t forget the summer friendship he had with an eight year old girl when he was ten. He still has the necklace she gave him the day she lef...

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi - Published: 2009-09-19 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 966 words

0Unrated
Love in Dueling

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.
This story takes place after Jaden absorbs Yubel and everyone helps him get back to normal if not himself with a little more seriousness.

Chapter 1: A Summer Memory and a Worried Friend
It was the first day of a new school year at Duelist Academy and everyone is excited that new students were coming. A familiar brown haired, Slifer Red duelist is in his room getting ready for the welcoming ceremony and he looked over his shoulder for a second as if to see if anyone was looking his way. When he saw no one, he took a tiny white box from under his bed and opened it to reveal a heart shaped ruby pendant on a simple silver chain. He smiled as he put the necklace on around his neck and looked at the pendant again. It had the initials D.M.H. inscribed in it on the precious heart shaped stone. This was one of the things besides the memories that helped remind him of that one summer.

Flashback:
Jaden was ten years old and it was a warm summer day outside. His parents were on a trip as usual and most of the friends he played Duel Monsters with were either at camp or on vacation with their parents. He was just staring out of his bedroom window with a glass of lemonade on his desk, when he saw a car he never saw before drive down the street and pull into the drive way of the home of Ms. Curtaincall, his piano teacher, down the street. He wondered what was going on so he slipped on his shoes, went out the front door and down the street to find out. When he got there he saw a little girl wearing a white sun dress with pink sneakers step out of the car along with two people who he assumed were her parents.

“But Dad, why did we have to leave home? I don’t know anybody here except Ms. Curtaincall and I get the feeling I won’t find anybody who I have anything in common with. I’ll be a total fish out of water.” The girl said as she looked up at the blue eyes of her father.

“It’s okay, honey. Ms. Curtaincall knows a few of the kids in the neighborhood that she gives piano lessons to and I bet if you ask she might introduce you to some of the kids who like dueling.” The man said as he patted her on the head. When Jaden heard this, it gave him an idea. This girl needed someone she could associate with and talk to and he needed someone to socialize with while everyone else was gone. He decided to wait for when they got into the house, and then he walked up and rang the doorbell. A woman in her late twenties with long blonde hair in a braid opened the door and smiled at the boy she knew well.

“Hello, Jaden. You couldn’t have come at a more appropriate time. Please, come in. I want you to meet someone.” Ms. Curtaincall said as she motioned him into the house. He stepped inside and followed her into her living room. He saw the girl sitting there reading a book she brought with a deck of Duel Monsters cards sitting next to her. She looked up and saw Ms. Curtaincall standing there with Jaden and she closed her book. She saw Ms. Curtaincall motion for her to come closer and she walked up to them taking her deck with her. She stood in front of Jaden and looked up at him.

“Deanne, I would like you to meet Jaden Yuki. He’s a very nice boy and I think you’ll be very happy to know that he likes to play Duel Monsters himself.” Deanne perked up and smiled at Jaden who smiled back. They could see Ms. Curtaincall smile too as she said, “I think you two will get along just fine.” She was right. Deanne and Jaden became great friends over that summer. They always hung out, played games together, and when it was either too hot or raining outside, they would just invite each other over to play Duel Monsters.

When it was time for Deanne to leave, it was heartbreaking for not only Jaden and Deanne, but also for Deanne’s parents and Ms. Curtaincall who saw how happy they were with each other. Before she left, Deanne gave Jaden the necklace she always wore and he gave her a Dark Magician Girl card he had. When he stood with Ms. Curtaincall and waved good bye to his summer friend he told himself that whenever he met Deanne again, he would make sure he spent a lot of time with her to help make up for him not being there.
End of flashback.

Jaden then heard the door knob turn and he moved the pendant underneath the collar of his shirt. When the door opened he saw a familiar blue haired boy with an Obelisk Blue blazer and glasses pop his head through the door.

“Hey Jay, hurry up or else we’ll be late for the ceremony. I just heard Crowler say that the boat was docking in about two hours so it shouldn’t be too long.” Jaden smiled at him and walked out the door with him.

“Thanks, Syrus. Let’s get going if we don’t want to be late.”

“What’s around your neck?” Syrus asked seeing the chain that was sticking out of Jaden’s shirt. He just smiled and tucked it out of sight.

“Nothing. Let’s just go.” Syrus looked doubtful but followed him anyways.
Sign up to rate and review this story