Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Untitled (for now)

Chapter 11: Did We Do Something To Make You Mad?

by shortie86madden 0 reviews

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-09-20 - Updated: 2009-09-20 - 1452 words

0Unrated
“Grandma, we’re home.” Brooklyn called as we walked into my parent’s home. My mom came around the corner and smiled.

“Did you guys have fun?”

“Yeah, we got new school cloths and bags, then we went to the Market and went on the merry-go-round, then Joel and mommy took us to Acme. We are going to put our stuff in our room, come on Brooklyn!” Ronan said walking up the stairs, with Brooklyn at his heals.

“They had fun?”

“Yeah, I guess they did.” I replied.

“Why don’t you two stay for dinner?”

“I wish we could mom but we have an early flight and have to get Joel’s car back to his moms. But I was wondering if maybe you and the kids could drive us to the airport in the morning? If it isn’t to much trouble.”

“I think that will be fine. The girls will be happy. What time did you want us to pick you up?”

“Our flight leaves at nine, maybe around seven would be good?” Joel replied.

“Seven, it is.”

“I’m just going to go say bye to them,” I said walking up the stairs. When I got up to their room I heard arguing.

“Brooklyn that is my necklace, mommy picked it out for me,” Ronan screamed.

“No she didn’t, she got it for me. Boys don’t wear necklaces. You don’t know anything Ronan, you’re so stupid.”

“I hate you, Brooklyn.” I pushed open the door.

“Ronan, don’t ever let me catch you saying that again. And Brooklyn don’t ever call anyone stupid. Now both of you apologize.”

“I’m sorry,” they said in unison. I went over and sat on Brooklyn’s bed and motioned for them to sit on Ronan’s bed. I took the necklace that Ronan had in his hand.

“This is a stupid thing to fight over. I don’t want you too to ever make you sister or brother feel that they is a lesser person then the other. Do you understand me?” they nodded, “Now, Joel and I have to go back to our hotel and then you two are going to come with Grandma tomorrow morning to drive us to the airport, ok?”

Brooklyn started to cry and Ronan just nodded.

“What’s wrong Baby?” I asked wiping Brooklyn’s tears.

“Did we do something to make you mad at us mommy?”

“No, why would you think that?”

“Because you’re leaving us,” Ronan said as he began to cry.

“Girls, come here,” I said embracing my children in my arms, as I began to cry, “I love both of you so much and there is nothing that you could ever do to make me want to leave you. But this year you two start school and I don’t want you guys to miss that. I want you two to have a normal childhood and friends that aren’t 15 years older than you.”

“But we want to be with you, and Benji and Joel,” Brooklyn cried.

“I know baby, but you have to stay here ok. I love you both so much.” I said hugging them one more time before getting up. “Now I have to go, finish putting your stuff away and I will see you in the morning. I will also tell grandma that you guys can call me before be tonight on my cell phone. Ok?” They both nodded and I headed back down stairs. My mom and Joel were still standing in the front hall, when I got back.

“Are you ok sweetheart?”

“Yeah, I’m fine mom,” I said giving her a hug, “I told them that they can call my cell before they go to bed tonight.”

“Ok, we will see you tomorrow morning.” Joel and I said our good-byes and walked back to his car. When we started driving he looked over at me.

“Baby, are you sure you are ok?”

“Yeah, we have to stop at the Market for a minute. I have to pick up something.”

“OK” He drove to the Market and we went in and found the jewelry booth that we got the necklace Ronan & Brooklyn were fighting over.

“Can I help you?” A gentleman asked politely.

“Yeah, I bought this necklace here this morning for my son and his twin sister and he are fighting over it, I was just wondering if you had it in another color?”

“Yes, I remember you now, two blonde kids, about four years old, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Let’s see, it is the one with the black beads and blue guitar pick? I think we have one with white beads and a pink guitar pick? How would that be?”

“That would be perfect, thank you so much.”

“Would you like them gift wrapped?”

“Sure, thank you.”

“Ok give us about 20 minutes and they will be ready.” Joel and I walked around for a bit.

“Are you ok?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’m just going to miss them.” He gave me a hug.

“It’s ok, Babe, they will be ok.”

“I know. Oh my gosh, Joel, look at that, they have Good Charlotte shirts for kids. I should get one for them. That is perfect!”

“What Good Charlotte shirts? They probably have them.”

“No, I can buy them a bunch of things and make them a gift bag to open tomorrow.”

“Yeah, they would like that.” I was so excited. We walked around and I bought them so much stuff. We finally started to head to the car, and packed everything in the car, and headed to Joel’s moms.

“We should stop at a mall because I still want to get them a few things for their rooms and something to pack all of this in.”

“Slow down, we still have to drop off the Rover, get us and all of this stuff back to the hotel and eat, then pack. Besides I think you have got them enough, Riley, I mean today you spent over a thousand dollars on them and about five hundred more. That is more than enough.”

“Joel, they asked me if they did something to make me want to leave them. Maybe I did spend enough on them but I want to spend more, because I love them and don’t want them to feel like that again.”

“Ok, I’m sorry, How about this, we will drop off the car call a cab, go back to the hotel, drop off everything and go across the street to the mall and grab something at the mall?”

“That sounds good. Thank you.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and looked out the window. I sat quiet the rest of the way to his mums and thought about how much I was gonna miss my kids. It was always hard to be away from them. As we pulled into the drive way, we noticed that there was another car in the driveway. We got out and walked up to the house. Joel knocked and a few minutes later his mom answered the door.

“Joel, Riley, What on earth are you doing here?” she said embracing her son in a hug.

“We were just dropping the car off before heading back to the hotel. We have to leave first thing in the morning. I thought you were with Sarah?”

“I was, I came home early. I wish I had have known you guys were going to be her, I would have come earlier. Where is Benjiamin?”

“Montreal, he had an accident a couple of days ago. So we had to cancel our shows in Toronto. Riley wanted to see Brooke and Ronan so we came down for the weekend.” Joel said as we sat at the kitchen table.

“Oh my, is he ok?”

“Yeah, just a minor concussion. He is probably back to his normal self by now mom.”

“Ok, are you guys hungry? Can I get you anything?”

“Actually, mom, we have to get going. I wish we could stay longer but we have an early flight and Riley has a bit of running around to do.”

“Joel, why don’t you stay and visit with your mom and I’ll get my running around done. Then we will meet back at the hotel.”

“Are you sure?” he asked. Just then there was a car honk out front.

“Yeah, I’ll see you back at the hotel.” I stood up grabbing my bag, I gave him a quick kiss then turned to his mom. “It was great seeing you again.”

“I wish it was longer Riley. Bye.” I turned and left.
Sign up to rate and review this story