Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Get Under My Damn Skin.

Why Do You Care So Much?

by shehadtheworld12 1 review

Things begin to pick up..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-09-26 - Updated: 2009-09-26 - 1864 words

1Ambiance
Bob’s POV

Fridays. Don’t just you love Fridays? I mean its like the best day ever. I wish every day was Friday. My nose began twitch when it smelt coffee and I turned to see Gerard who looked pleased, yet sad.

“Way.” I called. He looked at me and smiled. He walked over and leaned on the front desk where Mikey was typing his skinny fingers away. He’s quite a typer for being an Anthrax loving, teddy bear hugging kinda guy.

“How’d court go?” Mikey asked not even looking up from the computer screen.

“Oh brother, it was like a sweet banana muffin, how do you think it went?” He retorted.

“Whatever sour puss.”

“It was alright I guess. The guys got 25 to life like we planned. Justice has been served for that poor boy.”

“And you’re not happy are you?” Mikey asked. Gerard shrugged.

“I am, I’m just…I don’t know.”

“It happens man, just remember you did the right thing. They’re paying the consequences.” I put in and patted Gerard on the back. He nodded and gave me a smile and left to the cells.

“Did you get some action yet?” Mikey suddenly asked. I looked at him shocked.

“Excuse me?” I replied. It amazes me how much a horn dog he is, yet he has a girlfriend.

“Come on.” Mikey raised his eyebrows up and down a couple times.

“No and that’s not what I’m trying to do.” I said defensively.

“Hey. No need to twist your panties, I was just curious since there hasn’t been much hostility.” He smirked.

“We’re getting somewhere, but I’m not pushing it. Everyone has a wall up, and her’s…is a metal wall.”

“I don’t know about that Bryar. You don’t see her when she walks in. She’s not as sad as she used to be.” I shrugged not really knowing what to say.

“Maybe.” I agreed.

“First is the talk, second is the date, and third is the bedroom.” He smirked once more.

“Let me ask you something. How does a girl want to be romantically involved with a dude who talks about getting action nonstop?” I asked him.

“Let’s just say we change the sheets more than a normal person would.” He said casually, and I shook my head and smiled.

“You’re something else Way. I’ll talk you later.” I tipped my hat at him and followed down the station, when I bumped into a small person. Oops, it was just Frank…who had a bruise on his cheek.

“Hey man what happened?” He frowned completely embarrassed.

“I was trying to grab the cookie jar, when my bubble gum jar hit me on the face.” He whispered. I bit my lip to contain my laughter.

“You weren’t by any chance having trouble reaching were you?” I just couldn’t help myself.

“Actually I did, asshole.” He snapped and began to walk away.

“Aww come on Frank, everyone has to get the short end of the stick sometime.” I called and he flipped me off. I laughed and continued on my way. I just love messing with him….

Ashley’s POV

“I know you’re out there.” I whispered to myself. I overlooked pictures that had been sent in and I just couldn’t seem to put the pieces together. Thankfully no more bodies had been found, and that brought great relief. I don’t think I could handle another one. My skin began to crawl as I stared at the hidden man in the picture. If only he would just slip already and she could walk away from this. I put two fingers to each of my temples and rubbed slowly.

“Ashley?” I turned around to see Chief looking at me funny.

“Yes chief?” I asked, immediately composing myself.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes Chief, just stressed is all.” He smiled.

“Well hopefully this cheers you up. I received another call from a woman named…Rose? Yeah that’s it, Rose. Anyways, she reported seeing Angel but this time near Mountain Estates, that’s 20 minutes from the abandoned building we’ve been looking at.”

“So this means…?” I asked. He smiled.

“This means he still lives there. We still have a chance of finding him there. We’re just uneasy about what he’s gonna do next. There’s been no reports of missing people, so we’re keeping guarded just incase. I’m having officer Toro check the surroundings once more. He’s not covering his tracks very well. Its fishy.”

“Of course, but this is could be a good thing.” I replied.

“I’ll keep you posted. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to release those damn city punks.” He tipped his hat at me before exiting the morgue and I returned back to the empty cold room and slouched in my chair. Something just didn’t feel right.

“Hi.” Someone sat next down next to me, making me jump. Do I really need to say who?

“Why are you so happy?” I asked him, and he shrugged.

“Well leave me be, I’m thinking.”

“About what?”

“Nothing that concerns you.” I retorted.

“Don’t be a sour grape.” He replied.

“A sour grape?” I asked. He nodded.

“Why are you even..? You know what? Never mind.” I retaliated. A few minutes went by before he started speaking again, of course.

“So I hear you’re in charge of embalming now.”

“What?!” I gasped.

“I take it its not true…?” He laughed.

“Of course it isn’t. I would never.” I replied, shuddering at such a thought.

“Well someone’s got to do it.” He teased. I growled.

“Exactly, but its not going to be me. I can handle dead bodies, but I can’t handle burning them into ash. It’s not right.”

“But then the bodies will decay and become smelly…”

“Can you please just…not.” I said looking at him. Amusement written all over his face. Why do I let him get to me like this?

“So I know who to go to when I need something embalmed?” He smirked.

“I’m not listening.” I replied and got up from the seat.

“Come on it’s a joke.” He offered.

“When isn’t it a joke?” I retorted. I turned around and gasped.

“Don’t touch!” I called and his hand dropped from the sheet. Again, no respect for the dead.

“Why not?”

“It’s called privacy.”

“But its dea…” He trailed off.

“Just. Don’t.” I asked.

“Okay fine.” He frowned.

“Don’t you have duties in front of the precinct?” I smirked. He frowned.

“Yeah, yeah.” He muttered and got up to leave. I shook my head and returned to the photos, rolling my eyes and smiling slightly as he never fails to bug me…
~~~

Bob’s POV

She can be so nice when she wants to be. I could see her unfolding, and I’m just waiting for it to fully open and maybe things will be easier. I walked my way to the front where Mikey looked terrified as police officers brought in sweaty and drunk clowns. His face was absolutely priceless. I often wonder what he’s doing here at the station, he’s afraid of like…everything. When I say everything, I mean EVERYthing. Maybe it has something to do with Gerard I don’t know.

“Mikey are you okay?”

“Clowns. Evil.” He whispered in a trance. I ran my hand over his eyes and he finally snapped out of it with a gasp.

“Dude, are you okay?” I asked.

“I’m fine.” He said nervously and returned to his typing. I gave a him a weird look, but said nothing further.

“I got to get a new job.” He sighed.

“Why are you here anyways? No offense.” I assured him and he shrugged.

“Family stuff I guess.”

“I know how that goes.”

“I don’t mind it sometimes, just can be scary is all.”

“Buddy, you haven’ seen half of it.” I put in.

“Like what?” He mocked. I shrugged. It was his funeral. I whispered in his ear about the one incident that involved a screw driver, and he gagged.

“Oh my god!” He gasped. I nodded.

“Think I’m lying now?” I asked. He shook his head.

“Its gonna be okay Mikes.” I laughed and patted him on the shoulder.

“I think I’m going to be sick.” He put a hand to his stomach.

“Just go home Mikey.” I laughed as he nodded and ran to go put his stuff away. I inhaled the fresh of scent of finally being able to go home.

I put my things away and smiled as I kissed this place goodbye for the weekend. I waved goodbye to Mikey who looked sick still and Gerard was on his cell phone rolling his eyes as a woman’s voice roared on the other end of the line.

“I know ma, I’m sorry!” I heard him call and I laughed. I ran hand through my hair and sighed as I reached my car, looking up and smirking…

Ashley’s POV

I threw my stuff into my car and felt someone’s eyes on me. I turned around and sighed.

“You parked next to me?” I questioned.

“No, you parked next to me.” He retorted. I shrugged and he smiled. God that smile!

“Well now that we stated the obvious I’ll see you on Monday.” I said getting into my car, with only one leg getting before he stopped me.

“Wait.” He suddenly called.

“Yes?” I turned around and he looked nervous.

“Are you doing anything on this weekend?”

“Why?” I asked, feeling déjà vu from our last encounter.

“I was sort of wondering…if you wanted to umm…meet somewhere?” He asked. I could see where this was going.

“I don’t think so…” I said softly. His face dropping slightly.

“Why not?” He asked with more tone.

“Why do you care so much?” I asked back.

“Because I want to.” He replied. I could feel uneasiness and I had to get this over with now. It happened too many times before.

“Look if you’re only doing this because you think you’re going to get me into bed, I’m not that type…”

“You think that’s what I want from you?” He lamented.

“Is it?” I whispered.

“No it’s not.” He said hastily.

“Then what?”

“That’s what I wanted to figure out. I’m not everything you think I am, I wish you can see that.” He said softly. I shrugged not knowing what to say.

“Just give me a chance to show you I’m not a complete arse?”

“Fine.” I said softly, praying to God this wouldn’t bite me in the ass later.

“Meet me at the boardwalk at 6pm.” Was all he said before getting in his car and leaving. I slowly got in my seat and closed the door and drove away as well…wondering if this would work.
Sign up to rate and review this story