Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Deliveries

Delivery 38

by Mikari 0 reviews

Delivery 38: Written Confession

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Cloud Strife,Elena,Tifa Lockhart,Tseng - Published: 2009-10-05 - Updated: 2009-10-06 - 1083 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deliveries

Delivery 38: Written Confession

"It's only a few pictures," Rufus insisted, but Cloud wouldn't hear it.

"I'm not going to cooperate with this," the delivery boy had gone to Healin Lodge to pick up a package, but instead he was forced to hear a business proposition.

"Is it so far from the truth?" Rufus insisted, ignoring the quiet chuckle from Reno on his left and the roll of his eyes Rufus simply knew Rude was doing behind his sunglasses to his right.

"Yes!" Cloud exclaimed impatiently.

Rufus wanted to continue improving Shinra image and after a gossipy magazine had brought it to light that the president hardly had any friends, Rufus had tried to practice public relations by making sure he was seen in public spending time with other people. Those other people were the Turks in civilian attire, but they were still easy to recognize, thus the desired effect did not take place.

Rufus then had the brilliant idea to become best friends with Cloud and that would surely please the press. However, Cloud refused to pose for the camera that would take the photos to be mysteriously leaked to the media, proving what great friends Rufus and Cloud were.

"Cloud, I'm hurt, I thought we really were friends!" Rufus was certainly pretty enough for the big screen and he was capable of deception if the need arose, but on that particular occasion, his acting was fairly bad.

"Yeah and that's exactly why you need to arrange these pictures instead of just showing up one day at the Seventh Heaven and hanging out like normal people do?" Cloud argued. "Is it that the Seventh Heaven isn't good enough for you?"

"I like the Seventh Heaven," this time Rufus sounded truthful. "I would like to go to the bar or to dinner, Tifa's cooking is first class and she's-" Rufus decided to finish explaining his reason not to go quickly, Cloud was glaring. "Anyway, I can't go to the Seventh Heaven because last time I went the gun arm man tried to kill me."

Ah yes, Barret. Since the Turks, especially Reno and Rude, were such good customers to Tifa, he had to get used to seeing them at the Seventh Heaven more often than not when he returned to Edge from the oil fields to visit. He resolved to thinking that Rufus was the real bad guy controlling the Turks before and thus he convinced himself not to pick a fight with the Turks. Forgiveness was out of the question, he wasn't ready for that, so instead, Barret redirected his anger.

"I guess you have a point, but what about right now? If we're such good friends, than why won't you even talk to me without your bodyguards?" Cloud inquired.

"They wanted to see you too, because we're all good friends," Rufus replied.

"Rude doesn't talk to me and Reno just picks on me all the time," Cloud pouted, not realizing how childish he sounded.

"Do you Reno?" Rufus raised an eyebrow at the red haired Turk.

"Of course not!" Reno defended, "I'm the perfect example of a good friend, Cloud's just emo!"

Cloud continued to pout and glare at Reno, until Rufus sighed and admitted, "fine, so I feel better if my bodyguards are here. It's not my fault that you're mentally unstable and violent." Cloud growled and gripped his sword, which caused Rufus to grin victoriously because his point was proven, despite the implications of his being right, "see what I mean?"

Somehow feeling defeated, Cloud forced himself to relax the battle stance and let his sword rest on his back. "I'm leaving."

"Very well, I am not going to force you to agree, but my call for you to come here on business wasn't false. I do have a delivery for you," Rufus then handed Cloud a letter, "this is for Tifa." Cloud eyed the envelope suspiciously, while Rufus assured it was, "business only."

xoxox xox xoxox

Cloud returned to the Seventh Heaven with the letter, but was he still doubtful about giving it to Tifa. He couldn't resist his curiosity any longer and opened the letter to find a detailed declaration of love. Angry, Cloud crumpled the paper into a ball and threw it towards the trashcan; he didn't bother to look at the signature at the end of the letter. The paper ball bounced off the edge of the trashcan and fell on the floor unnoticed by Cloud.

The upset delivery boy realized that killing Rufus Shinra wouldn't do any good. He resolved he should calm down first, then come up with a plan of action. Cloud left the Seventh Heaven once again, climbed onto Fenrir and sped away, focusing on the road and the wind, to try to clear his head.

xoxox xox xoxox

While Cloud was gone, Tifa remembered it was time to take out the trash, since the truck would pick it up later that evening. She went to Cloud room to see if there was any trash and found a paper ball next to the trashcan. She assumed he meant to throw it away, but she was curious about it and opened it up.

Tifa was shocked at the declaration of love, but why had it been thrown away? "Did he change his mind and thought he might not like me this much after all?" Tifa decided not to mention this to Cloud; though she was feeling disappointed that Cloud wrote her that letter and decided not to give it to her.

xoxox xox xoxox

At Healin Lodge, Rufus waited for his plan to take effect. Everyone knew that Cloud Strife was in love with Tifa Lockhart and didn't have the guts to tell her. Thus Rufus wrote a letter in Cloud's name for the delivery boy to give to Tifa and unknowingly confess his love.

The subject of the letter was unknown even to the Turks, since Rufus feared Reno's big mouth would ruin the plot. After Tifa accepted Cloud, he would be confused but certainly happy. It shouldn't take him too long to put the pieces together and figure out that it was all a kind favor from Rufus. Then Cloud would be more than happy to help with Shinra's good image in gratitude for the help received with his love life.

End of Delivery 38

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII. Delivery 38 is for Holly-Sama, who wanted someone to confess feelings for Tifa. Poor Cloud keeps ruining his chances. XD
Sign up to rate and review this story