Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Detention

by -AnotherGuessWho- 4 reviews

Oneshot. Mikey finds out what detention's like

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-10-08 - Updated: 2009-10-08 - 1262 words - Complete

1Funny
Written in the middle of the night from a random idea xD
Enjoy!


Detention. Pure hell to any high school student. Being locked in a room in strict silence, forced into a state of insane boredom. Though I supposed that was the point. Punishment wasn't exactly meant to be a trip to DisneyLand.


Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The ticking of the clock in the corner was going to drive me mad. I rested my head against the badly plastered wall next to me. A quick glance at the clock told me that only 10 minutes had passed. I glared at it, willing it to go faster. These solid white walls had already held me captive for half an hour. Half an hour! It felt like so much longer and I could almost feel the cheap dry plaster closing in on me. Blinds were pulled down on the windows, forcing the only light to come from the fluorescent bulbs overhead. I swore quietly in fristration. The teacher on duty, a small, irate man, shot me a annoyed look and I ducked my head. The last thing I wanted to do was be subjected to this excrutiating torture again.

To try and pass the time, I let my eyes wander around the room. It took some getting used to my fellow detainees. They were mostly the school troublemakers and psychos, and apparent regulars. Being in the same room as them put me somewhat on edge. I was a scrawny kid, whose only advantage was being tall. And even then, all that did was give me a complete lack of balance and co-ordination. If anyone decided to have a go at me, I was dead meat

It was a mystery as to how I ended up in here, anyway. At the last minute I'd seen my name on the detention list and hadn't had time to dispute it. The teacher on duty in here just directed me to a seat and ignored my please for justice. Gee had to just advised me to go in and not attract any attention. But my hissy fit with the guy on duty didn't exactly help me remain inconspicuous. Most people just looked at me like I was crazy as I took my seat.

The people sitting near me were all looking pretty bored and trying to entertain themselves. A small redhaired girl sitting in front of me seemed to be carving something into her desk with a pen knife. A skater guy a few rows away was texting somebody on his phone a few desks away. Our so-called superviser remained oblivious to all of this and read a newspaper. I guess he just thought we were all lost causes.

The blond guy next to me seemed to be familiar with detention. He was a stereotypical punk troublemaker, with shades, a black hoodie and a few facial piercings. He was surrepticiously rolling a joint behind a book on his table. I watched him with interest for a couple of minutes. It beat entertaining myself by looking at a guy stick notes on the girl, who was asleep, in front of him. Or watching a happy couple in the back row get a little too friendly.

After a few moments of this, the teacher on duty hastily stood up and gazed around us. Seeming content that we were somewhat orderly, and not about to start a riot, he announced his temporary departure. Everyone looked up attentively at his words. Strange, considering it was mostly a group of stoners and hyper kids. The room remianed silent until the door swung shut with a bang.

Immediately, people jumped into action. I sat there, looking bewildered. Kids were getting up and moving about quickly, talking and rearranging seats. The guy next to me shoved his joint into his pocket and seemed to notice me for the first time. "Who're you?" he asked in confusion. Great, just what I needed. A confused pothead being my talking buddy.

"Mikey" I answered simply, with a bright smile. "You?"

The guy pulled off his shades and stared at me with innocent blue eyes. "Bob" he replied and raised his eyebrows slightly. "What're you doing here? Aren't you that nerd who lives in the library?" he laughed but seemed genuinely confused. I felt like blushing. I always thought I was invisible, but I guess I just had a reputation as a geek.

"No idea" I chirped. "You?"

Bob's eyes unfocused for a second before his attention returned to me. "Got some teacher's underwear caught on the flagpole" he said proudly and grinned. My jaw dropped in sheer amazement and admiration before I laugh. This Bob guy was really something.

He stretched slightly and eyed my tee. "Anthrax?" he asked interestedly. "What other bands do you like?" he probed. I got the distinct feeling that he was judging me.

"Queen, Iron Maiden, the Misfits, stuff like that" I shot back casually.

Bob just nodded slowly and seemed deep in thought. "Good music" he commented. "What about --?"

Before he could continue, the classroom door was flung upon and our captor walked in. Silence descended as he closed the door. Everyone froze where they were, whether it was their previous place or not. Our supervisor cast his eyes around and, seeming content, sat down again. The class returned to its previous state of monotony. Bob pulled on his shades again, and started to roll yet more joints. Most of the people in the class seemed to go back to whatever they'd been doing before.

Having nothing better to do, I rested my head on the table. The room was pretty quiet, and soon, I fell asleep.

What only felt like a few minutes later, somebody was shaking me awake. I could hear somebody background chatter, and somebody trying to hold back laughter. "Mikey, dude, wake up. Detention's over, everyone's leaving" Bob's chuckling finally broke through on the last few words and he descended into a giggling fit. Stoner.

I lifted my head up drowsily to see Bob collapsing on the floor with laughter in the almost empty classroom. The teacher was packing away his belongings in his briefcase and looking at us in annoyance. "Leave. Now. Hurry up" he said briskly, and held open the door for us. I quickly stood up, not wanting to risk getting detention again. In the process, I managed to knock my chair over. Bob seemed to find this hilarious and laughed even harder, clutching his sides and rolling over.

"Dude, get up!" I half yelled and prodded his side with my foot. I wasn't going to leave without making sure he was still breathing properly.
"10 seconds!" the supervisor called, tapping his foot impatiently.

Attempting to pull Bob up, I put one of my arms around his shoulders and attempted to heave up his torso. He wasn't much help; he was too busy attempting to conceal the assorted narcotics in his hoodie. "3 . . 2 . . 1 . . that's it! I'll see both of here this time next week!" the teacher exclaimed, before grabbing his briefcase and storming out the door. I mentally whined and dropped down into a nearby chair.

After a fewmoments, Bob's breathing returned to normal, and he pulled himself upright. "Ah well" he shrugged and grinned. "It's probably about time you have a change of scene from books all day, right?" Bob joked and started to head towards the door. Maybe he's right, I though as I followed him out the door.

After all, it was only detention. How bad could it be?





So yeah, rate and review! (:
Sign up to rate and review this story