Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Rise and Fall of Gerard Way

Chapter 5 - Boa Constrictor

by IeroMyHero 6 reviews

Bert Muh-Cracken

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-10-08 - Updated: 2009-10-09 - 1643 words

1Moving
Chapter 5 - Boa Constrictor
 
By overhearing fragments of loud conversation from the other room, Gerard gathered that his band and The Used would be staying at a hotel in Minneapolis for a few days. The actual Minnesota show would be on Tuesday. He counted on his fingers, figuring out that it gave him three days of pure Bert McCracken related pleasure.

His feelings towards Bert were enough to be a brand new drug, all on its own. Bert was extremely hot, extremely cool, extremely talented, extremely hyper, and extremely high, all the time. But that wasn’t it. Bert was more than just sure-fire entertainment. He was the sole person in the universe who could actually understand Gerard. He was like the best friend Gerard never had back when he was a kid, whom he could spill all his secrets to and know for certain that they’d never leak. In more than one way, Gerard really loved Bert.

The bus screeched and came to a halt. Gerard gleefully shot up from his post on the bed. Hastily, he stuffed all his belongings into his suitcase and sat on it, zipping it closed. He was sure to grab his cocaine and stuff it into the front pouch. Before running out at top speed, he stopped at a nearby mirror to make sure his hair looked okay. It was a bit too frizzy for his liking and he hoped Bert wouldn't mind. Upon rushing out the heavy metal door, he found that his band mates were already outside in the parking lot, with their bags in hand. He chose to stay back and away from all of them; he still did not have the guts to look any of them in the face, especially not Mikey. His eyes wandered around until they finally rested on a graffiti-covered The Used bus. His heart leaped with happiness as he saw the door swing open. Out stepped the familiar blond guitarist, Quinn, followed by Jeph and Dan. Gerard frowned when the door shut behind them, and Bert didn’t step out.

His band mates walked towards the three men, Bob especially enthusiastic to see his old friends. Gerard lingered behind. At the moment, Bert was the only person he was interested in talking to. Minutes passed, and Gerard saw no sign of Bert. His friends had all started towards the large golden doors of the hotel and he knew he had to follow. Knowing Bert, he was probably making out with a big-breasted groupie inside the bus. Gerard’s mood inexplicably darkened. With a sigh, he began to walk although he was sure to keep a few feet away from the others until they reached the lobby of the lavishly decorated hotel. Inevitably, someone had to look back over their shoulder. Just his luck, it happened to be Mikey. Gerard groaned when his brother strolled towards him.

“Hey, why’re you going so slow? Are you feeling okay?”

Gerard mumbled what was supposed to be an adequate response. His brother smiled at him warmly and grabbed his hand. With a gentle pull, he brought Gerard forward to the rest of the crowd. Gerard was forced to be friendly and greet Quinn, Jeph, and Dan with polite hellos. He lied to his friends about how much better he was feeling. In all honesty, he was ready to puke or die or something. Fortunately, Quinn started talking before any questions could be arisen.

“Okay, so...we need to split into pairs for the rooms. One person has to be alone, though. That’ll probably be Bert if he ever finishes arguing with Allison.”

The word arguing sent a pleasant chill down Gerard's spine. That posed a high risk of a break-up. He watched as his friends broke up into pairs. Sneakily, he backed away from the crowd; he’d wait for Bert to arrive. Unfortunately, Frank had other plans.

The short man approached Gerard, grinning shyly, “Um...you wanna share rooms with me, Gee?”

The guy’s expression was so cute that it made Gerard’s throat twist into a thick knot. He didn’t want to say no, but at the same time, he did want to be with Bert. His mouth opened and he automatically began stuttering. All of a sudden, he stumbled forward, nearly dropping his suitcase. He felt arms around his neck from behind and legs wrapping around his body. A bearded face appeared next to his own clean shaved one.

Bert McCracken’s soft pink lips kissed his cheek softly, “I shottie Gerard!”

A worried expression formed on Gerard’s face as he peeled the light man off his back and turned around. Bert waved a hello. Gerard immediately noticed that he had lost a lot of weight since the last time they’d seen each other. His face had grown gaunt, and dark circles ringed beneath his eyes. His skin had paled, not leaving an ounce of color. Only his eyes remained bright blue and happy, like the old Bert. Gerard felt his heart take a punch, right in the middle. He didn’t want to think about what could’ve caused such a drastic change in his friend’s body. He quickly gave Bert a tight hug, trying to let himself know that it didn’t matter. Bert smiled, lighting up his whole face. Gerard forced himself to grin back, but only momentarily, because he heard a rude comment from Frank. He spun around to look down at the guitarist. Frank’s thin lips had pursed into an even smaller line. His green eyes held a hint of hurt, but annoyance overpowered it. Gerard muttered a sheepish apology. Frank shook his head and mumbled a wannabe-apathetic “Whatever.”

Gerard sighed, feeling a little guilty that Frank would be all alone in a large hotel room. However, it was not like he had really accepted Frank’s offer in the first place... And maybe he'd get a hot girl to keep him company. Still, Gerard's stomach sank. He pivoted back to Bert and faked another smile. In less than five minutes, he knew Bert would offer him a solution for all his problems. All he needed was just a little patience.

Bert looked over his shoulder to Frank, “Hey Frankenstein! I’m sorry, were you planning on sharing with my Gee-Gee?”

Frank scowled and stalked away to the front counter without replying. He strongly disliked Bert McCracken. It was actually more than just dislike, it was disdain. What a fucking asshole. He could feel jealousy gripping his heart, shortening his temper. He hated the often mocking tone Bert spoke in. He detested the light blue eyes that contrasted so perfectly with the man’s dark hair. He hated his charisma, his talent, and the sad look in his eyes that made everybody want to cuddle him. He loathed the way Bert hung onto Gerard, crawling all over his body like a boa constrictor. More than anything, he couldn't stand the fact that Gerard liked it. And of course, there was the fact that Bert was like Gerard’s private drug dealer (but that was just a minor thing, right?).

Bert giggled in his own deranged way and pointed at Frank, “That guy...is obsessed with you, Gerard.”

Gerard blushed in denial, “No, you just piss him off.”

Bert shrugged, picked up a brown duffel bag from his side, and yanked Gerard’s arm, “Let’s go check in. I think everyone else went up already. And guess what?” He flashed a suggestive grin, “I got you a present!”

Gerard’s heart leaped excitedly. He knew exactly what Bert was talking about. The two rushed to the desk, cutting in front of an irritated Frank. They quickly confirmed their reservation and made their way towards the elevators. Still guilt stricken, Gerard stopped Bert, feeling like they should at least wait for Frank. Voices from the counter drifted to his ear.

“What the hell do you mean there’s no room?” Frank shouted angrily.

A monotonous voice replied, apparently uncaring. Gerard heard Frank’s hand slam onto the desk, followed by a storm of furious curses. He bit his lip and looked towards Bert, whose face was contemplative. Gerard didn’t want Frank in their room and neither did Bert. It wasn’t because either of them particularly disliked Frank’s hygienic habits or anything; it was just that the short dude was awfully observant. He’d find their drugs in a matter of seconds. They’d both get sent to some rehabilitation facility, far away from each other. The thought was horrible. Gerard tugged at Bert’s arm, hinting that they should flee before Frank approached them.

Bert refused to budge. Even though Frank hated him, /he/ didn’t hate Frank. “Come on, Gee, he’s your friend. Let’s go rescue Frankie before the security guards get involved.”

Gerard was unsure, “He can’t share with us. Fuck, no. He's already really suspicious of me.”

Bert moved his head close to Gerard’s, speaking softly, “Just trust me.”
 
Gerard uncomfortably fidgeted, cheeks flushing hot. His conscience was fiercely protesting; it knew this would end up being his downfall. Allowing Bert and Frank to be in the same room at the same time would be like dropping a lit match into a tank of petrol. Not only that, he knew he would be turned into a human tug-of-war rope, yanked from side to side and forced to finally settle with only one of them. Yet, at that moment, as he stared into Bert's eyes, he knew he'd have no trouble choosing a side if it came to that. So he slowly nodded his head up and down. Yes, he trusted Bert...far more than he trusted himself.





Shit shit shit chapter. Filler. Read/Rate/Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story