Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Your Guardian Angel

Would You Decimate The Stars Then When You Go?

by renthead 1 review

Autumn tries to help Gerard, but he turns against her. Sorry for the long wait.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-10-11 - Updated: 2009-10-11 - 2168 words

0Unrated
6. Would You Decimate The Stars Then When You Go?

I had been telling myself the same thing for the last hour or so: Gerard’s safe, Gerard’s breathing, Gerard’s okay. I was pacing back and forth in front of his bed. He was still unconscious, but he’d wake up eventually. Winter’s silver eyes followed me as I walked in circles, waiting for Gerard to wake up. I glanced occasionally at him to make sure his heart was beating and he was breathing. A hospital was out of the question; how the hell would we explain this to a doctor? I paused to flip open my cell and hit Victoria’s speed dial. It rang three times before she answered, hiccupping: “Hullo?”
“Hi Victoria. It’s Autumn.” There was a shuffling noise at the end of the line.
“Heeeey how’s Gee?” I bit the inside of my face.
“He’s seen better days…” I had to remind myself to keep breathing. “He was possessed again.” Another buzzing noise.
“Is he okay?” Define okay, I thought as I looked at the stitches forming the scarlet “I” across his torso.
“He’s…alive…” I hesitated. “I think he’s in a coma.” I heard her exhale dramatically.
“Autumn, he’s human. He really shouldn’t be alive right now, you know that right?” I closed my eyes and tried not to think about losing him.
“Do you think that hasn’t occurred to me in the past few months? That I’m putting his life at risk by even talking to him? That I broke up with him for the sole purpose of protecting him?” She waited a few moments before speaking again.
“So why are you so miserable all the time? If all you really care about is his safety, why do you give a shit if he’s dating?” I flushed in my embarrassment.
“Um…well…I don’t know…” I could feel her I-knew-it smile through the phone.
“Well it couldn’t possibly be because you love him?!” I blinked away tears; we both knew he didn’t feel the same way. And her mordant comments were really starting to piss me off.
“I’m sorry. Not all of us can sleep away our insecurities.” I said coldly before clicking the end button. I sink to my knees and pull my hair, almost forgetting Winter’s presence in the room. She quietly cleared her throat.
“Well I’m not exactly keeping you here, am I?” I choked. I didn’t want to think about it, but in the morning, I had to leave Gerard. For good this time. She recognized my pain and quietly exited. I wait until my breathing regulates before I pick myself up and look at him. He looks like he hasn’t slept in days; dark bruises plague the skin under his eyes. His dark hair is unclean, and goose bumps are forming where his skin is exposed. I pulled the covers up to his chin and kissed his forehead before I heard a knock at the door. It’s Summer, and she has a hollow look to her, as if she’s just witnessed something awful.
“Hey,” she says, her voice nothing but a hoarse whisper after the dance.
“Hey,” I echo, studying her face, her thoughts, but there’s nothing.
“Um…there’s something I need to tell you…” she comes and sits next to me on the floor, her head resting against the side of the bed frame. I nod for her to continue.
“I…had a premonition. About you.” I nod again. She only recently found out she has premonitions and tends to have problems talking about them.
“You can’t be with Gerard anymore.”
“I know. He’s getting hurt too much as it is…”
“No…I mean…” she looked frustrated.
“Just say it, Summer”
“I don’t know how or why but if you stay with Gerard the entire angel race will be destroyed.” I let that thought resonate for a moment in my head.
“Is that all you’ve seen?” She picked at her nails
“Yes.” She was lying; I didn’t need to read her mind to know that. I wasn’t going to bother her anymore than I did already. I shook my head, I was so confused. So being involved with Gerard would not only kill the both of us, but any angel on the face of this earth as well.
“Sorry, Autumn,” I shake my head again. I had no words for her, or anybody for that matter.
“Um…can I ask you a kind-of nosy question?” I shrug.
“How nosy?”
“Did you have sex? With Gerard, I mean?” I laugh a little. Not that I find it humorous, but that now that the possibility of that happening was gone, it seemed silly to even think about it.
“No. Not with him, nor anybody.” She thinks about this for a bit.
“‘Cause Spring wants to have sex with Ray. In fact, it’s probably occurring right now, if my calculations are right…” This hits me like a freight train.
“WHAT?” She slaps a perfectly manicured hand over my face.
“Shh! She didn’t want me telling anyone but I don’t know what to do in these situations! Ever since you-know-what Winter’s sworn off anything even closely related to sex and I’ve never even touched myself so please help me!” I gaped like a fish. My little sisters and sex were so separate in my mind, combining them in any way, shape, or form was incomprehensible to me.
“Please stop looking like I just ran over your dog”
“I can’t help it; you just told me one of my good friends is fucking my little sister!” Now the image of Ray on top of Spring was not leaving my mind and it was dis-tur-bing.
“How do you think I feel?” I shrugged. Her orange eyes glimmered as if she was about to cry.
“I guess I always thought she was the more responsible one…” I nodded. “You know, though? Like I’m the one that gets drunk and tries cocaine and she plays violin and has straight A’s. Which one would you guess is the virgin?”
“You’ve tried what…?” She ignores me.
“Anyways, I want to be home when she comes back. God only knows where Winter is, and I know you’re not going to leave Gerard’s side.”
“Yeah, probably not.” She nods.
“Well, I think Mikey’s down stairs if you…need someone to talk to, okay?”
“Okay. Take care of Spring for me. I’m worried about her now.” I hug Summer quickly and she gets up. Hesitating in front of the door, she turns to say something.
“Um, I’ll let you find out what I mean later but…be careful, okay? Be responsible. Remember your age.” She leaves me confused and questioning. I sit up and give one last look at Gerard. I was hoping to God that this wouldn’t hurt that much, for the both of us. I definitely want to get out of a dress covered in his blood though. It feels wrong and I need to disassociate myself with him as much as possible. Closing my eyes and turning away from my sleeping ex-lover, I make it my goal to find something to distract me. As I slide down the banister of their stairs, I find just that: Mikey in a cold sweat on the couch, coddling a bottle of Southern Comfort. His glasses are missing, exposing his glassy eyes and the dark circles under them. His shirt’s undone and his tie hangs loosely around his neck.
“Um…hey, Mikey…” His eyes roll towards me when he hears his name. He sits up, puts the half-empty bottle on the floor and stretches.
“Hey Autumn…how’s Gee?” I shrug.
“Can I borrow some clothes?” His forehead wrinkles as if I asked him an advanced question.
“Clothes?” I sigh.
“Yes, Michael, clothing. I don’t want to sit in a dress all night.” He stands, wobbles a little, and puts his hands on my shoulders.
“But you look so pretty..” He slurs the end of ‘pretty’ so the ‘y’ is dragged out.
“Mikey…” I start, but he puts a finger on my lips, still teetering back and forth.
“I wanted to dance with you so bad tonight,” he says slowly through clearly numb lips. “I love you-” He stumbles and falls on me, completely unconscious at this point. I stand there in shock for a while, unsure of what to do next. I gently lay him on the ground and check his pulse. He’s alive, thankfully. I sigh and sit next to him, waiting for him to wake.
-The next morning-
I am startled awake by screaming. I obviously fell asleep waiting for Mikey last night, but he hasn’t moved from his spot. The yelling starts up again. I can’t hear words, just panicked, frightened screams. I get up off the floor and try and recognize the voice. I know it’s Gerard and dash upstairs as quickly as I can. He’s standing in front of his mirror, shirtless, tracing the stitches with his hands. Dark, bruised, lines across his chest, and he knows its my fault.
“WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?” He screams, tears streaking down his face. His mind is echoing his feelings, scared, hurt, angry, confused.
“I had to…please calm down, Gerard, it’s going to be okay.” My hands are shaking now; he continues to hyperventilate.
“Why…” His voice is a horse whisper.
“Because…you were sick.” I choose my words carefully. He can find out later he was a host for a parasitic Deamon, he doesn’t need to know right now. “Because you were dying.” He sits down on the bed, trying to swallow all of this.
“I don’t believe you.” He says this so quietly I almost don’t hear him.
“What?”
“I don’t believe you. You’re trying to kill me.” My mouth falls open. There was no way in hell he was still possessed and yet, he was acting just the same.
“Excuse me for a moment…” I get up and try to find my cell phone. I dial Winter’s number, hoping for some sort of explanation.
“Hello?”
“Why is he acting like this?” She doesn’t respond for a few moments. I hope she knows what I’m talking about.
“Now I’m not completely certain, but I think the effect of his possession, especially one this extreme, takes a while to wear off.” I bite my lips
“How long is “a while” exactly?” I demand. Another pause.
“Um…2 or 3 weeks I imagine.” I hang up. I have to deal with this monster for two to three weeks before he became regular Gerard again? He is sitting on the bed, glaring at me as I set the phone on his desk.
“I want you to leave.” I pull his desk chair up in front of his bed and sit in it facing him.
“Well that’s too bad. I have to watch you and wait until you’re normal again.”
“I am normal”
“No, you’re not” It was like arguing with a two year old.
“You are trying to kill me.” He crosses his arms and continues to glare at me.
“I am not. I am trying to save your life.” He scoffs at me and turns to face away. I decide to ask him questions to keep him occupied.
“Do you remember my name?” He hesitates, then nods.
“Autumn…”
“Good. What about your brother?”
“Mikey?” He turns and looks at me. “Is he okay? Have you hurt him too?” I shake my head
“Do you want to talk to him?” he nods again. I get up and go back down into the living room.
“Mikey?” He hasn’t moved from where I placed him last night.
“Hmmm?” He searches for his glasses on the floor, finds them, and smashes them into his face. “What’s up, Autumn?”
“Gerard…needs explanation. I need to go home, so please tell him some bullshit until I can explain to the both of you what really happened.”
“You’re an angel.” The blood drains from my face. He is completely serious when he says this.
“You’re hungover. You don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“I do. I’ve been doing research. I’ve known since you tried to jump off that building.” I flush. This is too many humans. If Ivy found out…I didn’t want to think about it.
“What….what else do you know?” He sat there and explained everything to me. Possessions, Deamons, everything. I am completely shocked.
“Okay…well…” I don’t know what to say. “Try and convince him that then. I need to find my sister.”
Sign up to rate and review this story