Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Not One For Love Songs

I'm Not One For Love Songs (Part 18)

by ohsotay23 3 reviews

What's gonna happen with Gabe? And shouldn't Natalia actually work when she's supposed to be on her shit? Oh yeah, and who's leaving this story..? Review sweetums!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-10-21 - Updated: 2009-10-22 - 1775 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: I know I haven't updated in forever, but things are hectic and my C in math just doesn't wanna go up, so I'm kind of focusing on that and tennis for a bit. But here is an update and I would like to get another one up as soon as I can!

tryingtohard x- yesss! FINALLY. and fershurr he's alright. And why thank you!
chocolatechortle22- jay+joe=fabulousity. nat was just sailinggg down the river of denial(the nile?) p.s. your review is what made me sit down and write this chapter. ahaha.
falloutgirly444- who doesn't wanna give gabe a big 'ole huge? i do. alll dahh time. hehehe.
doyleangel- hey thereee! sorry for the update delay! and thank youu! hope you enjoy this chapter!


Song Recommendation- The Girl's A Straight Up Hustler- All Time Low


I'm Not One For Love Songs

I skipped down the hallway with the brightest smile on my face. When the waiting room came into view I ran to everyone and yelled happily “HE’S AWAKE!”

Everyone jumped up in surprise, either from my loud voice or the fact that Gabe was finally awake. It was probably a bit of both.

There were outbursts of “Can we see him?!” “How is he?!” and such from the estimated 10 people that were here. Pete came up to me first and pulled me aside, “How’s he really doing?” he asked, searching for some honesty.

“Well he’s awake and they’re checking his vitals, the rest is still the same from what we last hear. I think they might release him tonight if he’s really adamant about it and stable enough,” I explained.

He let out a huge sigh, “Well, okay, fucking good. Now, is there anything that I can do?” he asked.

“Well, it would be very helpful if you could take the guys and everyone and get Gabe’s shit packed up and brought over to my apartment. And give his landlord some notice that he’s not coming back. He’s moving in with Jay and I for a bit,” I informed him.

He either hid his surprise well or wasn’t surprised at all, “Alrighty, that I can do.”

He walked away whistling merrily as he told the crew that they all had to help out and run some errands. When he told them what the errand was you saw a few shocked faces, some knowing smiles, and a few raised eyebrows.

I just shrugged mentally, not quite sure how to take those reactions and then realized that I had completely been not working today while I was supposed to be working. Shit. I went to the main desk and found May sitting there playing solitaire on the computer.

“How is he doing?” I asked warily.

“They’re moderate, not perfect, but not horrible either,” she said thoughtfully.

I sighed a bit, kind of comforted by the fact that while he was not in the clear he was getting there. “Oh, May, Also, I’m so sorry that I completely disregarded the fact that I was at work today and pretty much did nothing at all except sit in that room for like hours,” I apologized, feeling very irresponsible.

“Oh dear, do not worry about it one bit. I counted it in your hours because you did not leave that boy’s side except for a few potty breaks every now and then. And you probably would have ended up his nurse anyways, with a little interference from moi. So you pretty much did your job hun, so don’t worry about it one bit,” she waved off my guilt.

“I suppose,” I sighed, with a bit of relief.

“So, I’ve come up with a brilliant idea,” May grinned, with her head on her palm.

“Oh, really? Is this going to have a large impact on my life in any way at all?” I asked bluntly.

“I guess you could say that…” she hinted.

“Oh spit it out already Mama May,” I rolled my eyes.

“Well, you’re a nurse and Mr. Saporta is a sick being, am I correct?” I just nodded, “Well, wouldn’t it be a good idea for him to have a home nurse for the time that he is stuck home recovering?”

I looked at her confusedly, “I have no idea where you’re going with this. I have work; therefore I can not just stay home with him all the time and have no form of income.”

“You can still do your job and take care of him. All I have to do is sign some forms and put it in the records that you’re going to be a part of our Home Nurses Unit for a bit, at least until he gets better,” she winked.

“May, you really do not have to do that, really,” I rushed to tell her.

“Oh, don’t do that whole fake guilt thing, I’m not fallin’ for it. I heard you talking to Mr. Wentz before and I am well aware that Mr. Saporta is staying with you until further notice…” she gave me an amused look.

I gasped, “May! Eavesdropping is awful! That’s what you always tell me!”

“It’s only awful when you get caught deary. And what else am I supposed to do in the boring godforsaken place besides solitaire and gossip?” she asked, with a roll of her eyes.

“I don’t know, but I guess I’ll accept that proposal of yours, I mean, if you insist!” I said with a shrug of the shoulders.

“This ain’t a marriage proposal or anything dear, it’s just a proposal to make your life a little easier. Oh, and cause I’m tired of seeing you come in here with those horrible rings around your eyes, but no ring on you finger. So, I’m gonna try to push you along with that a little bit,” she told me with a grin.

“May! But I don’t want to get married! The only ring I wanna be buried with are the ones around my eyes,” I informed her.

“Mhmm, and I harbor a secret love for Danny Devito,” she mumbled.

“How do you even know who he is…?” I asked, freaked out a bit.

“Oh, I’m not that old Miss Natalia! I know what’s going on! I even got myself an Ipod Touch; handy little gadget that thing is!” she said excitedly.

I decided to just end this conversation as soon as possible, because I was definitely getting a little freaked out with how up to date this old woman was with everything. I mean, I don’t even have an Ipod Touch!

“Well, how’s everyone else doing?” I asked, as I successfully changed the subject.

“Well, one of Mrs. Winston’s nieces contacted us to give us some notice and let us know that Mrs. Winston is being transferred to a retirement home down in South Carolina,” she said a bit sadly.

“Awww! No! I love that woman to death, she’s so sweet!” I said with a pout, getting sad.

“She is such a sweetie! She’s leaving the day after tomorrow, so if I were you, I’d say your goodbyes tonight. Considering you won’t be here tomorrow or the day after. You actually probably won’t be back in this hospital for a few weeks, or at least until Gabe is fully recovered,” she informed me.

That thought had me excited, yet kind of reluctant. But hey, this was pretty much a vacation that I was getting paid for. I was definitely not turning it down.

“Alright, I’m gonna go say my goodbyes to Mrs. Winston,” I sad with a small frown on my face.

When I entered her room she was humming a happy old tune and knitting a cute little scarf.

“Watcha knitting Mrs. Winston?” I asked with a small grin at her cute old lady antics.

“Oh, hello there sweetie! Haven’t seen you in a few days! Heard you were on vacation! Good, you surely deserved one. Oh! And this is just a little scarf for my great niece, she’s going to be 2 in about a week!” she said with a big smile on her face.

Her happiness was contagious, and I couldn’t help but feel a bit of it rub off on me.

“Aww, that’s so precious! I heard the sad news, your leaving us!” I said with a pout.

“It does seem that way ma’dear. I figured I’d finally give in to my poor nieces begging and move somewhere closer to them so that they could visit more regularly. And I don’t seem to be getting any younger deary, so I better spend as much time with my family as God will allow me to,” she explained.

“Well that sounds very sensible Auntie Joyce,” I said as we grinned at each other at my use of the certain term of endearment she had always requested that I use.

“But before I go pumpkin, I need to let you know something,” she started. Uh oh, this was going to be another one of her feelings.

She continued, “I got this strange feeling the other day and it was this overwhelming feeling, and your name jumped into my mind. Soon Natalia, you’re going to face something life altering. Just make sure that you stay open minded. Make sure that you keep your heart and mind open to everything. And remember- Auntie Joyce loves you,” she said with the sweetest smile on her face.

“Oh god! You’re gonna make me cry!” I said with teary eyes as I leaned down and hugged the strong old woman.

“Not all tears are bad sweets!” she laughed.

“I’m gonna miss you,” I let her know.

“There will always be another crazy old lady here to keep you company, this is a hospital,” she waved away.

“None quite like you Auntie Joyce, none quite like you,” I chuckled.

“Well, I guess this is goodbye dear,” she said with a small wave and a warm smile.

“I’d rather we call it a ‘see you later,’ a goodbye is way too final,” I said.

We smiled at each other one last time before I walked out of the room feeling way more prepared for all the work and all the troubles that were sure to come my way in the very near future.

Better get to work, and find out when they wanna release Gabe.
Sign up to rate and review this story