Categories > Original > Romance

//Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge// What The Fuck Is Up With New Jersey?!

by DeadDaydreamer 0 reviews

Just a Gerard way romance! NOT A FERARD OR GERCEST!

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-11-05 - Updated: 2009-11-05 - 1912 words

0Unrated
The bus was loud. Really loud. The kind of loud that brings on those burning headaches in the front of your head that doesn't go away for days. Thank God for I-pod's or I might have stabbed someone just then. I could still hear the killer noise of people chattering away in their own little worlds, but it was faded away by the sweet sound of music. I turned the volume up a bit more. It was one click away from maximum. Just the way I liked it. The song playing: Matt and Kim-Daylight. One of only a handful of HAPPY songs on my I-pod. That's pretty sad considering I have about 1,000 songs. Ah, well. I scooted down into the seat, getting as comfortable as possible in the most uncomfortable seats in the world, closed my eyes, and welcomed myself to Jersey baby!

It was officially my first day as a New Jersey resident. My stop was the last one. The moving
truck was right behind the bus. I knew even with my eyes closed. Their engine was sputtered and stuttered which made hard vibrations. I was living in a house in Newark. It was cheap as dirt. I'm pretty sure someone was murdered in there. Like I care! I have a house! I had the street name and number of the house scribbled with pink sparkly pen on my palm which was face up in my lap to assure the ink didn't smudge.

My eyes opened to a burning sun. "Ow." I said quietly. Tears began to well up in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away with my sleeve of my shirt. "Great, now my eyeliner is probably fucked to hell." A few teenage boys got onto the bus. They we're screaming as loud as they could as they punched the seats as hard as they could over and over. My head went down into my lap. I scowled at my jeans. "Shut up. Please, shut up. Go away. Just go away." Loud people that can scream over my music and hit things makes me freak out. All I want to do is scream and shut them the fuck up. I clicked the volume on my music up to maximum. "Stop. Stop. Stop." My palms covered my ears. They didn't. Tears welled up in my eyes again. This time though, it was not the sun's fault. They dropped onto my jeans and onto my old/worn pink converse. "Fuck. Stop it, V. Get a hold of your emotions. Everything is alright. You'll be off the bus soon enough." Lies. I'm the last stop.

Trying to calm myself down, I pulled out my sketch book and a pen. CLICK. I drew a curved line. I had no idea what I was drawing, but I had the inspiration down. Freedom. To be alone. Quiet. Music. Now, I made another curved line. But this one was pointing up and was sharp at the end. Usually, I would know what I was drawing. It's a pet peeve of mine. One of many. But it didn't bother me this time. The bus stopped again. Between the now two curved lines pointed up I drew an oval. I stopped drawing, set the pen down in my lap, and looked over what I had made. What did it look like? What was I trying to make? How did this connect with my inspiration....."Oh." It was a girl. She was dancing in an empty room. That makes sense. I sniffled and wiped the tear trail from my cheek. "It's okay, V. I'm okay." I promise.

The man who was standing next to me's watch said it was eight minutes passed noon. I had been on this bus for about an hour. "God! That's why my butt is asleep." The man looked down at me. His eyes looked tired with deep bags under them. The had severe scruff and a hate filled frown across said scruff. "Excuse me?" Quickly realizing I had spoken a TAD too loudly, I looked down to my sketch book, my face blushing like a newly wed going to her honeymoon. "Nothing. Sorry."

When the bus stopped this time, it was rough. My hands gripped the seat in front of me. The metal was freezing on my fingertips. "Jesus Christ. What the fuck is with New Jersey?!"

Once the bus came to a complete stop, I began on the girls hair, making sure it moved as she was as she danced the ballet. Her eyes were closed, so she knew what she was doing. I had to make her look professional. The girl looked happy where she was. Alone. In a comfortable place. A sanctuary. "Nothing like this God forsaken place." My eye twitched. "Mother effin' suffrage."

"Excuse me, can I sit with you?" Someone said. I looked up to see who was asking. Standing beside me a man about my age. First I just looked at his worn/torn black converse. They were in the same condition as mine. Then I lifted my head to his black skin tight skinny jeans. I was sensing a pattern with his color choice. His shirt was black and plain. The only color on him was the red lining on his jacket and his pale skin. In all, he was beautiful. And I hadn't even seen his face yet. My gaze rose to meet his. His eyes took my breath away. They we're the prettiest colors I had even seen mixed: Shamrock green and Pure Earth. His pitch black hair was just like mine, it shimmered in the sun. I think I had just pissed myself with glee at that time. He was smiling at me. I couldn't tell if I was smiling too, but I sure hoped it didn't look stupid. "Uh, yeah. Absolutely." I moved my bag onto the floor and scooted over towards the window. "Thank you." No, thank YOU.

Nervousness. That was what I has feeling. The beat of my heart was irregular and increasing moment by moment. Sweat was in the weather forecast in less than a minute and my face was most likely beet red by now. I kept my gaze down at my drawing. I pointed the end of her feet a little more and make her little ballet shoes so her feet wouldn't hurt. For one reason or another, I drew a mistletoe above her head. (Probably because I was sitting next Mr. Sexy.)

I didn't expect us to talk at all. We were strangers. Besides, just looking is good too. I snuck a peek at his hands. They were sitting just so perfectly on the seat in front of us with his head resting between them, his eyeliner infested eyes closed. (Infested in a good way.) "His eyes are closed, I could take one full look at him, couldn't I? He wouldn't be more the wiser, right? No! Virginia Jean! Stop being a creeper! This guy would not want to be ogled over by a creepy and or strange girl on the public bus! Now, pay attention to your work!" I said to myself. So, I did what I told me to do. "I hate you." I said to myself. "I hate you too."

"That's really good." I jumped, startled. He was lazily looking at my sketch, his head still nestled between his hands. I looked it over. It was literally a picture of what I wanted.

"Not really, but thank you."

"What makes you say that?"

I shrugged. "It's hard to explain."

"Mind explaining to a stranger?"

"Yes. But not because you're a stranger or I'm a bitch. It's just...personal."

"Okay. I understand."

"Thanks."

"No problem...can I ask you a question though?"

"Yes, yes you can. Shoot."

"Can I have that picture?" I was going to throw it away anyway. What would it hurt to let him
have it? I shrugged at my own question.

"Yeah, sure." After putting the date and initials on the bottom right hand corner, I carefully tore the piece of paper from my sketch book and gave it to him.

He peered at it for a moment, smiled, then put in his messenger bag. "Thanks."

After awhile of talking about random subjects such as: Me being new to New Jersey, favorite foods, and who can make the weirdest faces, it struck me that this was a little weird. We were complete strangers to each other who have only known each other for..."Hey," I elbowed Gerard in the side, "What time is it?" He was staring at the roof with a blank look in his eyes. He looked at his Nightmare Before Christmas watch. "Ten past one."...An hour or so and are now talking like we've known each other for years! Don't you think that's a little odd? I DO! But, he is pretty fun to talk to! : D

"Last stop coming up, ladies and gentlemen. Last stop coming up." The bus was mostly empty except for a few elderly couples in the front of the bus, a mother and her young daughter in the back, and Gerard and I smack-dab in the middle. I made sure I had all my junk, readying myself to get off the HELL CAN they call public transportation. Ugh. "So you live in Newark too?" Gerard asked, his hands behind his head in a relaxed position. A lot like Dr. Cox does on Scrubs. "Well now I do. The moving truck is behind the bus." I pointed my thumb to the back of the bus. He looked behind us. "Oh. Yeah. Cool."

The bus began to slow down. The sky had become gray, though I hadn't noticed until just now. "God, I hope it doesn't rain while I'm unpacking. That would suck monkey." I circled my ring on my Ring Finger around a couple times as I bit my inner cheek Those were some of my nervous ticks.

"I could help you. If you want, I mean." Gerard inquired.

"Oh, no! I wouldn't ask you to do that!"

"It would be fine. I have a couple friends who could help us too."

"I don't know."

"Where do you live?" I looked at the writing on my palm.

"156 Park."

"Vinni, I live two streets over. Let us help. It's no fucking big deal." I blushed.

"Alright, alright." Gerard smiled triumphantly.

"I'll just drop my stuff off at my house then we'll come over." He took a pen out of his bag and wrote: 156 Park St.

The bus came to a complete stop. Gerard and I arose. I threw my bag onto my shoulder. He let me get off first. What a gentlemen! Oh-la-la! I smiled into my shoulder and made my way off the bus.

The bus rode away seconds after we got off. "So, see you in fifteen?" I asked Gerard. "Yes, ma'am. Me and the men." That made me smile. I bit my laughter back.

Suddenly, his arms wrapped around me. I am being hugged? Am I being hugged by Bus Boy Gerard? My arms wrapped around his torso, resting my face in his chest. The sound of his heart beating made me a little bit more excited about living in a new environment. "See you in a bit."

Without notice, Gerard was already walking down the road to his house. I smirked at myself. "You are such a goober, Vivi! Didn't mother ever tell you to not to talk to strangers?"
Sign up to rate and review this story