Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Searching for the Power

73: Pansy!

by GinnyMyLove

Harry to the Rescue!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Erotica,Humor,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Pansy,Parvati - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2009-11-13 - Updated: 2009-11-14 - 7357 words - Complete

?Blocked
Disclaimer:All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Chapter 73: Pansy!

Harry appeared on the grounds of Malfoy Mansion in front of an extremely surprised Pansy, bound and gagged but thankfully fully clothed. He quickly removed her gag and cut her bindings with the Sword. The minute she was free she jumped into his arms and kissed him soundly.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded, "How the hell did you find me? I didn't know where I was at first!"

"Later! Right now I am going to kill a certain blond ponce!"

She reached out and caught him by the bicep and he stopped to look at her. "Now what?"

"Harry he was going to rape me and marry me without my Head of House's consent! That is Line Theft and is punishable by half his family assets!"

He just looked at her like she was crazy, "ARE YOU SERIOUS? HE WAS GOING TO BLOODY RAPE YOU AND ALL YOU CAN THINK OF IS MONEY?"

She huffed, "Honestly, he didn't touch me yet except to bring me here and money is far better revenge against a pureblood than simple pain."

"Fine let's get out of here..." He went to pull her along but she stopped again. "Now what?"

"He just left, saying he was getting ready for me or some other rot. Can you get us out the same way you got in?" He nodded. "Can you break stuff as you do it?"

"I never actually tried to break anything but I guess I could..."

"Good, we wait here then, be ready to go so you don't end up using that sword...where did you get that anyway?"

"Second year, out of a hat." He remarked offhandedly, "Do we really have to do this?"

"The Polyjuice should be wearing off by now; I am so having a talk with Daphne about where she keeps her hairbrush..."

Just then the door opened to reveal a naked and extremely pale Draco Malfoy strutting in as if he were king of the world. "Alright then pet, I have the fertility potion rea... POTTER! What the hell are you doing here? Get away from my wife!"

Harry's eyes went black but he controlled himself, barely. "I suggest you leave now Malfoy before I decide to neuter a ferret."

Draco hastily backed into the corner at the sight and stared at the sword in his hand. "You can't do this! She's mine and there is nothing you can do about it!"

"I'm taking her out of here and there is nothing you can do about it ferret."

Draco stood straighter and sneered at him, making Harry want to vomit at the sight of a sneering and naked Malfoy. "I'll have you in front of the Wizengamot for Line Theft!"

Harry smiled and Draco blanched, quite the accomplishment for one so pale. "Fine, I'll see you there tomorrow." He wrapped an arm around Pansy and pushed a large portion of his magic into Disapparating back to the gates of Hogwarts."

$$$$

They reappeared at the gates with what looked like a large pile of firewood in tow. Harry approached with Pansy in tow; as the rage left him however he quickly darted for the nearest bush and lost his lunch. "Oh god I hope I never see that again!"

"You may need to be obliviated, don't think I hadn't considered it in the past..."

Harry immediately stopped that train of thought, not wanting to know why she had seen him in the buff before and not really caring even if she had slept with him. It was in the past.

"How are we going to get in, the gates are locked."

Harry pondered that for a moment wondering if he could Apparate back to the Great Hall on purpose before looking down at the sword in his hand. "Let me try something..."

He walked up to the locked gate and touched the sword to it, instantly they heard the locks turn and the slight flash of magic as they began to swing open. Pansy grabbed his hand and examined the sword more closely. "Out of a hat huh?" She asked sarcastically.

"Technically yeah..." He said with a smile.

He sent off a quick Messenger spell to Hermione to reduce the chance of a stroke and they walked at a sedate pace back up to the school arriving at the front entrance forty-five minutes later. Harry sheathed the Sword and they walked arm-in-arm back into the Great Hall only to be ambushed by nine worried young women and an old man demanding answers.

"Harry I do hope you haven't done something you will regret."

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING LEAVING WITHOUT US?" Ginny said while beating him about the shoulders.

"HONESTLY! WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE DOING IS NOT APPARATION!"

"How is Draco doing? I do hope the cross gender Poly-swap didn't have any lasting effects."

"Pansy I'm so sorry! He didn't hurt you did he? God to think of that ponce in my body!"

"ENOUGH!" Harry called and silence descended on the hall. "Thank you. We are both fine, Draco was alive and well when we left him though I can't vouch for Malfoy Manor. Gin you know I can handle myself or get out if I need to but I'm sorry I didn't see if you wanted to come along. And Luna I always thought Draco was a bit of a pouf anyway so I doubt there are any side effects."

Silence.

"So..." Harry said scratching the back of his head nervously. "Can we still eat dinner?"

The headmaster looked at him appraisingly for a moment before nodding. "Dinner will be extended for another hour in light of recent events. I expect you to give me a full report on your activities at a later date."

"Yes sir."

"Right then, carry on, there is nothing to see here." Dumbledore said as he turned and headed back to the Head Table. Harry meanwhile accepted hugs from all of the girls before heading back toward the Gryffindor table with Pansy still clinging to his arm. As they sat down there were strange and some outright hostile looks directed toward them from some of the other Gryffindors.

"Pansy is welcome at this table or I will renounce Gryffindor and drop from the Quidditch team again." Harry called down the table. Instantly eyes were averted and nervous chatter began on any subject except for the one burning on all of their tongues.

"Harry?" Hermione asked sweetly. Too sweetly.

"Uh...yes?"

She began to beat him about the head with a book. "Don't. Ever. Do. That. Again!"

"Sorry!" He cried while trying to defend himself, "I can't promise that but I will try to remember to consult with you all before charging off again okay?"

She huffed and pushed the hairs that had escaped out of her face before looking at him for a long moment and nodding. "Don't you forget it!"

Lavender couldn't help herself. "So are you two officially a couple then?"

Harry looked at Pansy and she shook her head. "Not yet, don't go spreading that we are either."

"Who me? I don't gossip like that." She said with a sniff and turned back to her meal.

"So what the hell happened?" Ron asked quietly.

"Draco kidnapped her; I saved her before he could do anything. We came back. No big deal really..."

"Yes because I get saved from certain rape and uncertain marriage all the time." Pansy quipped.

"Exactly, run of the mill when you are dating Harry Potter."

Ginny nodded, "Unfortunately, trouble goes looking for you doesn't it."

"Yup, luckily Fate is making up for my life by giving me the tools to deal with the trouble, and compensating me with beautiful women."

"Oh so now we are your compensation?" Parvati asked from across the table.

"Maybe..." He said nervously. "I mean, it was a joke but truth in jest and all that..."

"I can't wait for my turn with you..." She growled menacingly.

Still slightly high on adrenaline he was feeling exceedingly ballsy at the moment. "Me either." He whispered seductively and added just a hint of the look to make his point.

The twins stood quickly and looked extremely nervous. "Um...well then... we have some studying to do, I really am glad you are alright Pansy." Padma said before they both grabbed their book bags and left in a hurry.

"Are they okay?" He asked the group. "They've been acting a little funny lately don't you think?"

The other girls nodded but nobody could come up with an explanation, Harry turned puppy dog eyes on Hermione. "What?" She asked in confusion.

"Mi-oneeee." He pleaded.

She rolled her eyes then narrowed them in his direction. "Why am I always the one to do your dirty work?"

"Because it's your entire fault I'm in this mess. I mean it could have been just you and me and Gin but noooo...."

"Fine! I'll talk to her... them... whatever. After this morning's conversation this one should be a breeze."

"What? Did our conversation not amuse you?" Pansy asked seductively.

Hermione stood quite suddenly, nearly tripping over her book bag in a great imitation of Tonks. "I'll just go find her...them... now." She grabbed the bag and darted from the Hall.

Harry stared after her for a moment, "That must have been some conversation..."

Pansy shrugged, "It was more innuendo than conversation..."

"Hmmm."

"Indeed."

$$$$

OWL study groups kept Hermione, Parvati, Ginny and Luna away leaving no honest reason for Padma or Susan to stop by Harry's rooms that evening. That meant Harry found himself alone again with Pansy. However rather than love making, what had started off as a casual conversation had turned into an impromptu planning session.

"You're serious?" He asked incredulously.

"Completely." She said with a smile. "Draco won't know what hit him!"

He nodded, liking the idea more and more. "You know, the Headmaster has a theory that one of the Horcruxes is stored in the Lestrange vault at Gringotts, it's a shame we can't gain access to it somehow..."

Pansy's eyes widened at the implications of that statement. "Do you have an idea?"

He grinned predatorily, "Most definitely, if this works we might see about getting all of it."

"You do realize how much money that is?"

He shrugged, "What do I care about money except in keeping it out of Voldemort's hands?"

"Well there is that Black Trust you set up for the orphanages..."

"That sounds like a wonderful idea Miss Parkinson! I'm afraid I am going to be unavailable practically all day tomorrow. How can I make it up to you?"

"I have a few ideas..."

$$$$

Harry obtained permission to skip his classes Friday morning to prepare for his obligations at the Wizengamot meeting later that day. Dumbledore admitted that he too would be neglecting his duties in preparation for the first meeting of the New Year and quickly gave his consent.

Thus Harry found himself walking into Gringotts, nervous as all get out but using Occlumency to appear passive. He walked straight up to the Keeper whose eyes went wide when he looked up from his appointment book. "Lord Potter-Black! This is unexpected."

"I need to see Griphook, if you don't mind."

The goblin quickly scribbled a note which folded itself and went flying off toward an opening at the top of the gilded doors behind him. "It will only be a moment My Lord. Can we offer you refreshments?"

Harry shook his head, "No need to waste time or money. I am here for business."

He nodded in appreciation of that logic as another message landed on his outstretched arm much the way Hedwig would. After a quick perusal the Goblin nodded and turned to open the door. "I trust you remember the way?" he asked sarcastically.

"Of course, thank you." Harry said with a large grin at the dumbfounded look on the Keepers face.

He made his way through the maze that was Gringotts and up to Griphook's door where he didn't even bother knocking. He was soon met with a voice from within. "Enter!"

He walked into the room and bowed slightly to the Goblin behind the desk who was quick to stand and bow as well before straightening and grasping Harry's hand in a more traditional greeting. "This is an unexpected visit Harry; I hope everything is satisfactory with your gold and your business?"

Harry nodded, "Quite, I actually come with a business proposition for Gringotts."

That raised the goblins eyebrows, "Oh?"

Harry smiled predatorily, "It has recently come to my attention that the Lestrange vault has lost its primary owners."

Griphook gestured toward a chair before taking his own as Harry sat down. "While that may be true, I fail to understand how this affects you."

"I assume that when the Lestrange brothers died Bellatrix Lestrange became the listed owner?" A nod, "And Bellatrix Lestrange is currently at St. Mungo's as well as being an escaped convict, and therefore unable to access said vault?" Another nod and a shrewd look in his eyes as he caught on.

"Then I am formally annulling the marriage of Bellatrix Black to Rodolphus Lestrange and claiming her vaults as Head of Family."

Griphook sat back and crossed his hands over his chest as he contemplated that move. "There are...issues with that Harry. For one, that vault is in the second highest security area of Gringotts and its contents are protected by Goblin magic of the highest order. To remove those protections would be...expensive at best."

Harry nodded, "Thus the business proposition. I believe there is an artifact in that vault which is vital to the fight against Tom Riddle. I want first pick of the items in the vault before any fees are removed from its contents...say twenty percent?"

Griphook reached into a drawer and pulled out a battered ledger with an ornate "L" engraved on the cover. After a moment of reading he looked up shrewdly at his client. "I'm afraid that we must insist on fifty percent of the vaults value."

Harry let a very small amount of his dark emotions bleed into his eyes as he stared down the smaller being. "Perhaps a compromise then, thirty-five percent or you can transfer the vault to me and I will never touch it by hand, nor will I invest the money. I'm certain you can see the benefit of my other proposal."

The goblin did not look happy but nodded, having lost this round to a worthy opponent. "Very well, thirty-five percent. When would you like to have access to look for your item?"

"Preferably now."

Another nod showed Harry that the goblin enchantments really would not be all that hard to remove. "We will need half an hour and then I will escort you down to the vault. Was that the extent of your business with us today?"

Harry shook his head, "It seems to me that there are many unclaimed or inaccessible vaults which are now listed as belonging to known Death Eaters."

"Also a fact."

"I would like to introduce a motion later to reclaim these vaults and transfer the funds to the Ministry to fund the war against Tom Riddle."

Griphook actually whistled at that, "This is unprecedented! Criminals or not these are Gringotts customers and we do NOT stab our customers in the back! I'm sure you agree with that policy."

Harry nodded, "Would it be possible to speak to Ragnok on this matter? It seems to me that we might make this a part of a new treaty between our peoples. After all, your lot would be much worse if Riddle were to gain power, would it not?"

Griphook looked extremely uncomfortable at the implied threat but nodded, "We have said before that the Goblin Nation would be at your disposal if needed in this war. We were expecting to back you with force however, not gold."

"I realize that gold is more precious than blood, but only barely. And in my scenario you have much more to gain than just the elimination of one enemy."

Griphook stood, "I will relay your proposal to Ragnok but I cannot guarantee a meeting. If there is nothing else I will see to arranging the transfer of the Lestrange Vault. You may wait here if you wish, may I offer refreshment?"

Again Harry waived the offer off, having been informed by Pansy that the Goblins were not above lacing food and drink with compulsions and potions. "I will see you soon."

With another appraising look Griphook nodded and left the room. Harry thought for a moment before closing his eyes and reaching out. "Fawkes?"

A flash of fire later and the Phoenix sat on his shoulder. "You called to me young one?"

Harry smiled as she scratched a spot he knew always bothered the avian and heard a mental sigh. "How is it you come to me when I call?"

"I have bound myself to one who's light is waning, but I am still able to go to those I deem friend."

Harry smiled up at the bird, "I consider you a friend as well, I'm honored."

"What would you request of me friend Harry?"

"I expect a message later from Ragnok and I would like you to deliver it to me wherever I am, I would very much appreciate your help."

The bird nodded, "And I expect you would not like me to relay your request to the white one?"

Harry scrunched up his eyebrows as he tried to decipher that, "You mean Albus?"

He heard the tinkling laugh of Phoenix song before getting a picture in his head, "Oh..." He began chuckling along. "Please don't let Hedwig know about this, she is very protective of her duties."

"Very well young one! I will come to you when the message is ready." With another flash Fawkes disappeared; and just in time.

Griphook entered the room again and bowed slightly. "Ragnok is consulting with the council on your proposal and your vault is ready for inspection. Shall we go?"

He stood and followed along through the maze until they reached the carts and climbed into the one in front. "Hold on Harry, we will be taking the express route and it is a bit more... interesting than the normal path."

What followed was the best rollercoaster ride ever! Harry was slightly disturbed by a waterfall that made his magic want to leap through his skin but soon they were rolling along a level track with ominous sounds coming from up ahead.

"That's not?"

Griphook smiled, "Dragons? Absolutely, I told you these are some of our most high security vaults."

"But Dragons?"

The cart stopped and Griphook got out and waited for him to do likewise. He then reached under the seat and grabbed what looked like a set of chains with strange devices attached. "What are those?"

Griphook put a finger to his nose and began walking toward a side tunnel. A flash of fire served as warning to just what lay around the corner. In response Griphook began to shake the device which emitted a loud clanking sound before continuing forward. As they rounded the corner Harry saw a large and from the looks of it nearly blind Dragon huddled against the far wall growling furiously at them.

"We train them well, without these they would roast and eat anyone who entered the tunnel."

They continued down the tunnel and stopped in front of a very large door. Griphook gestured toward a panel on the front of the door. "We will need a sample of your blood to complete the transfer."

Sighing at the thought of giving more blood and the pain associated Harry walked up to find a handprint shaped indentation. He placed his right hand against it and waited...and waited. Not lifting his hand he turned back to the Goblin, "Is there something wrong with...Aaah...haha...nevermind." He gritted his teeth as a needle punctured each fingertip and he felt the magic attune itself to him.

"Stand back please." Harry followed the orders and watched as Griphook ran a finger nail through a strange pattern over the door, which then began to click and groan before swinging open. "Your vault Harry, remember you are only to take one item at this time, the rest of the money shall be available to you in one week after the agreed amount has been removed."

He walked inside to find piles of Galleons and artifacts enough to rival the Black Vault. Closing his eyes most of the way he began walking through the maze of gold trying get a feel for the cup. He stopped in front of an especially large pile of coins and looked up. There at the top sat a golden chalice with a badger on the front.

"Ah, there you are..." He held his hand out and summoned the cup, then instantly dropped it as his scar shot blinding pain through his head. "Son of a..."

"Are you alright milord?" Griphook called from just outside the door.

"Fine! Just stubbed my toe!"

He glanced around quickly and found a bag full of precious gems which he quickly dumped out and scooped the cup into it. The evil still seemed to ooze from it but it was bearable without skin contact. He turned and headed back for the entrance.

"Not to haggle but the bag and the cup are two items and our agreement was for only one."

Harry narrowed his eyes and let a bit of the darkness coming from the cup out into his aura before reaching into his pocket and grabbing a handful of galleons. He dropped them into the goblins shirt pocket. "They're a set."

Griphook looked down into his pocket then back up into those eyes..."A set, very well. Back up we go..."

$$$$

He popped back to Grimmauld place after leaving the bank and found his Wizengamot robes laid out neatly for him on the bed. He smiled as he made himself presentable and looked in the mirror. "Hmmm..." He mused.

"Indeed milord..."

He spun around on the spot with his hand out toward his target and a curse on the tip of his consciousness. "Pansy?"

"I remember telling you specifically that you would look more than presentable as long as you were with me."

He dropped his stance and nodded, "What are you doing here?"

She crossed the room and pulled her wand out to put creases in all the right places on his robes and attempt to do anything with his hair. "I have been called before the Wizengamot to testify against you. Apparently Malfoy is still aiming to get you for attempted Line Theft."

"He is, is he?"

She frowned at his hair, "Indeed, so I thought I would make certain that you were presentable as well as making myself so. Has your hair ever lain down flat?"

"Afraid not, but hey it's a look."

"You should have grown your hair out starting at age twelve being the head of your family. Didn't anyone tell you?"

"What?" This was news to him. "My dad didn't have long hair..."

"Your father was not the head of his family until after his father and uncle were killed. I'm sure he had begun letting it grow before leaving school, what about you're Godfather?"

"Sirius? I just assumed his hair was that way from being in prison... that explains why he didn't get a haircut while he was on the run. Why don't people tell me these things?"

She stood back and sighed, "That will do I suppose. Your magical guardian should have explained all of this to you."

Harry growled, "Dumbledore..."

"I thought as much, then again from what you explained to me, he may not have expected you to reach your majority anyway so didn't bother you with a useless tradition as it were. He preferred you as a Halfblood obviously."

"So what do you think?" He said gesturing to himself.

She walked up to him pretending to examine his robes meticulously before smiling up at him. "You pass." She leaned up and kissed him quickly. "Now, shall we?"

He hugged her close and Apparated them both to the Ministry reception area. They then walked with linked arms toward the security station where the guard nodded to Harry but stopped Pansy. "I'll need your wand in here." He said indicating the measuring device.

"State your business Miss Parkinson." He said as he read the slip that appeared.

"Witness."

He nodded and handed her a badge with her name and "Witness" underneath before tipping his hat to them both and looking to the next person in line.

"Witness? That's it?"

"What?" Pansy asked as they began walking.

"Well I always give them a full description of what I'm doing here..."

She nodded, "And what do they usually put on your visitors badge?"

"One or two words... do they even care why we are here?" He asked incredulously.

She shrugged, "In their defense there was more than one guard on duty and none of them were asleep. It is definitely an improvement; I'm guessing that the combination of Susan's Aunt being in charge and a bunch of school kids as well as Death Eaters breaking in during the night might have something to do with it."

They hopped into the lift and rode down to the lowest level, as usual Harry got a chill as he recognized the door at the end of the hallway which led to the Department of Mysteries. They parted ways once inside the chamber and Harry went to his seat with the body, Pansy to the lower gallery where she could be called upon to witness if need be.

The meeting began only a few moments later and Harry was interested to hear some of the old business that he hadn't been present for, including an update on the Werewolf legislation from Remus. Of course there was also the boring month-to-month stuff as well and Harry found himself playing tic-tac-to with Neville for a portion of it. At first they felt bad, until they spotted more than one witch or wizard playing dice or solitaire. In general it reminded him why he did not want to be a career politician.

"Do we have a motion to move on to New Business?" Dumbledore called from his dais. Many hands were raised and he nodded. "Very well, who will be first on the floor?"

Harry took a deep breath and then stood up even as Draco stood to represent House Malfoy. Harry noticed he seemed to be favoring his right leg and his arm was in a sling. It made him smile that in the end he had been able to cause at least some damage to the ponce. "By all means Lord Malfoy, you may have the floor." He said with a grin, getting a very nervous look from the boy for half a second.

"The body recognizes the Honorable House of Malfoy." Dumbledore said lazily and then sat back to watch the show.

Draco wore a self-satisfied smirk as he walked to the middle of the Chamber, "Witches and Wizards of the Wizengamot! I come before you today with a sad heart and a grave accusation. Last evening I picked my betrothed Pansy Parkinson up from school and took her back to my manor house to fulfill the betrothal contract. However when I entered her rooms I found Harry Potter!" He pointed at Harry and sneered, "He proceeded to steal my betrothed away and destroyed half of Malfoy Manor in the process! I want to see him prosecuted for Line Theft and attempted murder!"

Harry stood and walked down to the floor as the chamber erupted, "All true except on one point, Pansy is betrothed to the House of Black and has been since before school began."

Another eruption and Dumbledore fired a canon blast from his wand to regain some semblance of order. "Lords Potter-Black and Malfoy, I must insist you produce the betrothal contracts for verification."

Harry smiled and Malfoy looked nervous. "Of course Chief Warlock." He reached into his robes and pulled out a sheet of parchment with a large golden seal on the bottom. "You will find that if you head down to the records department, this betrothal was recorded in the book early this summer. It was a standard agreement between the houses of Black and Parkinson that as she was placed under my protection she was also offered to me as a wife or concubine. It was only a few weeks later when I claimed her as my wife but due to security reasons I did not announce the betrothal."

Harry finished his walk around the chamber back in front of Malfoy and reached out the hand holding the document to him. "Your move Lord Malfoy."

Draco spluttered a bit and his face began to darken in rage. "This is all lies! Wood Parkinson and my mother had an agreement!"

"And your contract Lord Malfoy?" Dumbledore asked kindly.

"I don't need a bloody piece of parchment to claim what is mine!"

Harry nodded and turned his eyes back to the rest of the body, "I want Lord Malfoy prosecuted for attempted line theft! If I had not shown up at the last moment, he would have raped and attempted to marry the woman that belongs to me by contract and by choice!"

There was a noticeable uproar from some of the older members present, however Harry couldn't tell if they were upset with him for daring to challenge a pureblood or upset with Draco for either the Line Theft or being too stupid to get away with it. "You can't do that!" Malfoy screamed.

Dumbledore once again had to shoot off his wand to get attention, "Order! Now, we have seen and heard the evidence in this case and we know the law! All in favor of a guilty verdict against Lord Harry Potter-Black signal with your wands?"

The room remained dark except for a few points of light which Harry made note of. "All in favor of a guilty verdict for Lord Draco Malfoy?"

This time a sea of yellow lit the room and Dumbledore nodded, "By a clear Majority we the Wizengamot find Draco Malfoy guilty of attempted Line Theft, you are hereby ordered to pay to the Potter-Black family the amount of 500,000 galleons or half your estate whichever comes first."

"Wait until my Fath... This is an outrage!"

"Indeed, Mr. Weasley?" Dumbledore asked and a surprised stenographer raised his head. "Would you please request the current estate balance from Gringotts?"

"Y-y-Yes Sir! Right away!" Percy fled the room faster than seemed possible, likely thinking he would never get to do anything of importance again after going down in flames with Fudge.

"While we await that information do we have any further business?" Dumbledore asked.

Harry nodded and looked daggers at Malfoy, "Indeed there is Chief Warlock. I would also like to prosecute the good Lord Malfoy for slander against an Ancient House!"

Another uproar began but was quickly silenced as they saw Dumbledore's wand raise and quickly covered their ears. Harry wondered how on earth the older people had not gone deaf during their political careers. "Do you have witnesses to these events?" Dumbledore asked.

"Outrage!" Draco tried to interject.

"Would you prefer a criminal trial Lord Malfoy?" He quickly looked down and appeared to shrink in on himself.

"On at least six and as many as twenty occasions Lord Malfoy has repeatedly used only my father's family name when addressing me, even after being asked to address me properly. When angered he likes to refer to me as 'Potty' or any other number of juvenile insults. I have given him multiple warnings and he has chosen to ignore me, obviously thinking I would never bring him before this august body."

"LIES!" Malfoy shouted. "All Lies! I motion that we move this matter to committee!"

"Seconded!" Came a shout from the general direction of one of the voters Harry had noted earlier.

Dumbledore sighed in defeat. "If there are no objections..."

"May I just remind this body that Malfoy has likely just lost half his fortune?" Harry interjected.

"Objection! That is irrelevant and inflammatory! I move it be stricken from the record!" Malfoy argued.

"Lord Malfoy, this is not a trial so I can but note your objection, secondly the record is not being kept as I sent our stenographer to fetch your financials. Now, I will ask that the members disregard what Lord Potter-Black has just said and vote on moving this to Committee. All in favor?"

Even less wands lit than before in support of Malfoy and Dumbledore nodded, "All who find Lord Malfoy guilty of slander against an ancient house?"

It looked to Harry like just over half of the room but Dumbledore did not seem satisfied. "Please place your wand tips onto the crystal in front of you to record your votes."

This was apparently commonplace in close votes and Harry did as instructed. Dumbledore looked down at his Dais and nodded, "We the Wizengamot find Lord Draco Malfoy Guilty of Slander Against an Ancient House. You are hereby fined 500,000 galleons or half your estate whichever comes last! To Slander a house which was bestowed an Ancient title by the Queen's Wizard themselves is a great crime!"

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!"

"It is done!" Dumbledore called from the dais.

Percy came flying back into the room and dropped a tome on the table in front of the Chief Warlock. "Sorry I took so long sir!"

"Very well Mr. Weasley, you can record the events you missed via my Pensieve later. Now..." He studied the book for a moment before having someone beside him verify the amount. "Oh dear."

Malfoy turned ghost white at that. "What do you mean oh dear?"

"It seems that some rather sizeable withdrawals have been made by one of your dear departed father's associates. You will be able to make payment on the Line Theft conviction; however there may be a problem on the second conviction."

It was testament to how scared he was that he didn't even speak out against the convictions again. "I don't understand."

"The Malfoy estate is currently worth, including properties, only 236,114 Galleons 16 Sickles and 27 Knuts. On the charge of Line Theft you are hereby ordered to pay the Black family 118,057 galleons. As you do not have 500,000 Galleons left to pay for your slander you are hereby stripped of your lands, titles and privileges and they are bestowed upon Lord Harry Potter-Black-Malfoy."

Draco looked as if his head were going to explode and Harry hoped beyond hope that he would reach for his wand. In the end he calmly limped toward the doors, Harry could have sworn he heard chuckling as the doors closed, and it was a sound that chilled him to the bone.

Dumbledore sighed, "Is there any other new business to attend?"

Harry walked back up to his seat but just before he could sit down Fawkes flashed in and out leaving only a letter floating down toward Harry. Dumbledore looked at him with astonishment along with every other member present but said nothing as Harry opened his letter; all eyes watching him intently. "I have a new proposal here, freshly written by Lord Ragnok himself."

Nervous muttering could be heard throughout the chamber and Harry waited for it to decrease somewhat before continuing. "What does the leader of the Goblin Nation have to say to this body?" Dumbledore asked.

"I actually contacted him to arrange for the recouping of Death Eater vaults for the Ministry to fund the war against Voldemort." Harry smiled at the intake of air when he used the name. The smile on Dumbledore's face told him the old man enjoyed that effect at times as well.

"It will never happen! Gringotts has steadfastly refused to break their clients trust!" Came a voice from the body, many others nodded in agreement.

Harry waved the letter in the air. "He has met with the Goblin Council and they have accepted my offer as long as they get half of the assets excluding Goblin artifacts in those vaults which rightfully belong to the Goblin nation."

"That's absurd! Those artifacts were paid for in full at the time of sale, they are national treasures!" Came a voice and many nodded in agreement.

"Those treasures as you say are inaccessible to the Nation in any case at the moment. I plan to stop by Gringotts later and renew a few leases on objects I did not know were not actually mine. I suggest all of you do the same if you want what is in those Death Eater vaults!" He rubbed his wrist lightly where the Sword of Gryffindor was sheathed.

"I move to send this to committee for further study!"

Harry actually agreed this time, his political reserves were rather low at the moment and he was desperately clinging to his celebrity and his Occlumency to get him through this. "I second that!" All eyes turned to him and silence reigned.

"This is a matter which needs much discussion but which can be extremely rewarding for all those involved. In essence it would be a new treaty with the Goblins of Gringotts and thus it needs to go to a committee to ensure that it is ironclad."

Dumbledore nodded even as he looked at Harry with something approaching awe. "All in favor of sending to committee?" He asked in a slightly shaken voice.

Every wand in the room seemed to light up and Dumbledore nodded once more. "Very well, this matter will be discussed and brought back in the next session. I believe that is enough excitement for one meeting, so..."

Neville stood up, "I move to adjourn this meeting!"

Harry smiled, "Seconded."

$$$$

After many handshakes and looks of awe Harry and Neville finally escaped with Pansy on his arm back to the Hogsmeade. He turned to his betrothed and kissed her soundly until a cough from Neville brought them out of it with a smile. "So..." he said casually.

"I can't believe that worked!" Harry exclaimed.

"Right, I'm sure the fact that you have a phoenix bound to you had nothing to do with how quickly they accepted your proposal." Neville stated.

Harry smiled and shook his head, "That was Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix."

"How on earth did you convince Dumbledore's phoenix to play Owl for you?" Pansy asked him shrewdly.

He shrugged, "I asked, not that hard really. People should really stop treating magical animals like they have no intelligence...I can't believe that worked!" He exclaimed once again as he broke out in smiles.

"Seriously milord, it was mostly my plan. Whatever made you think it would fail?" She said narrowing her eyes.

He held up his hands in surrender. "Of course dear, whatever you say dear..."

"So it's official then? You two are seriously getting married?" Neville asked.

Both of them stopped and looked at each other, "I guess it is?" Harry half asked.

Pansy immediately looked down at the ground. "It is milord."

He bent down a bit and tilted his head to look up at her face. "Pansy?"

Neville coughed politely to get his attention. "Harry?"

"Not now Neville."

"No you don't understand Harry. As your wife in all but name she is required to act subservient to you in public. That is why you will never see someone like Narcissa Black talking back to Lucius Malfoy when they were married. In private you may maintain whatever relationship you want but in public the pureblood thing to do is go along with it."

Harry sighed, "Is that what you want Pansy?"

She took a moment, "It is milord."

"I don't like this Pansy very much; can you give me just a little bit more attitude without crossing a line?"

She seemed to debate with herself for a moment before nodding and looking up at him. "I can try milord, but years of training will not be wasted simply because it makes you uncomfortable."

He smiled, "See that wasn't so hard was it? Now who's for a drink?" He began walking toward the Three Broomsticks with Pansy on his arm.

Neville quickly caught up to them and looked nervous, "Are you sure this is okay?"

Harry shrugged as he opened the door to admit them, "Honestly I could care less, Dumbledore told me he would be out of the school most of the day and really I need a drink after that! I can't believe they bought it!"

Pansy tried hard to hide the roll of her eyes but Harry caught it and smiled at her. "Seriously dear, I was about to pass out every second I was in front of them, I felt like I was 10 years old!"

Neville sighed, "Thank goodness! I was scared shirtless and I was up in my seat!"

Harry nodded, "I don't understand how it all worked so well." He caught Rosmerta's eye and held up three fingers to which she nodded and got busy behind the bar.

Pansy breathed sharply out her nose but held her tongue like a good princess. "You really don't understand do you?"

He shook his head and gave her his attention as a Butterbeer was placed in front of each of them. She looked at the bottles and then at Harry. "Uh Madame?" He asked quietly.

The barmaid turned around and smiled saucily down at them, "Honestly I think the son of James Potter can call me Rosie."

He barely controlled the blush at her flirting, "Uh...Rosie could we get a bottle of that wine as well?"

She curtsied awkwardly and was off like a shot, presumably toward the cellar. "Better?"

Ignoring him she went on with her explanation, "You have an automatic amount of pull with everyone in that room just because of how much money you have and your family name. On top of that you add in the mystique of being The Boy-Who-Lived as well. You have a lot of political capital to spend and you barely touched it today."

"It would have been nice if you had told me that earlier, maybe I wouldn't have nearly given myself a stroke trying not to sweat!"

"You were really good though, and the way you handled Malfoy..."

"Hmmm, speaking of which, how can I get rid of the name? I really don't fancy being Lord Harry Potter-Black-Malfoy."

"Why don't you offer to take Hermione as Mrs. Malfoy? Having a Muggleborn carrying his name would definitely rub it in." Neville suggested.

Pansy however shook her head, "Actually I think a simple declaration that the house of Malfoy is dead would be better. Besides I doubt she would go for it, that name stands for too much that is wrong with our world currently. Better to let it die."

"Define simple." Harry said knowing it wouldn't be.

"An announcement in the Prophet should suffice, though you might get the Quibbler involved as well to cover your bases."

He sighed as Rosmerta returned with the wine and some glasses, they went through the ritual and Harry nodded for her to proceed to pouring it for them. He held up his glass and the others did likewise. "Well then, to the death of the Malfoy family name, and the birth of a new Goblin treaty."

They clinked their glasses and enjoyed their wine; Harry shrank the still corked bottles of Butterbeer and put them in his pocket before dropping a few galleons on the table, more than enough to cover the drinks.

A merry threesome made their way back up to the school.
Sign up to rate and review this story