Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If I Should Die Before I Wake

If I Should Die Before I Wake

by mysilentromance 7 reviews

Frank prayed, "If I should die before I wake, it shall be the Lord I thank"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2009-11-06 - Updated: 2009-11-06 - 406 words - Complete

4Ambiance
I believe this may have the potential to offend people of the Catholic religion. I say this because I do not, in any way, mean to offend anyone in any way possible. I, myself, have been born and raised in a very Catholic family. I have not had very good experiences with the Catholic religion, so this is why I have written this. If you have an issue with my beliefs on this religion, feel free to tell me. I would love to hear.



Every night before I lay myself to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep. Every night as I lay myself down to rest I pray the Lord my life to take. If I should die before I wake, it shall be the Lord I thank.

But each morning I awake to the rain outside my window. Each morning I attempt to hide my disgust as I prepare to face yet another day. And every morning I whisper aloud my apology to God for my sinister thoughts that, without a doubt, were to be considered.

I do not believe I should be sorry for these thoughts of mine. But these Catholics instilled a fear in me that forced me to apologize for which I was not sorry. I could not control these thoughts though, nor could I control my desire the contemplate them. By the laws of the Catholic Church, I was to be destined to hell for these thoughts alone. To avoid this fiery destiny, I had been brainwashed into believing that prayer was my only chance at forgiveness and redemption. So I prayed. I prayed every morning and I prayed now, just as I was about to commit the sin that will have me banished to the gates of hell.

Out from its hiding place I drew the razor saved for this moment. As the blade cut across my wrist I silently begged God that the Catholics had been deceiving me. Blood rose to the surface as I slid the razor along my other wrist.

I closed my eyes and began to pray: Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.

I fell to my knees for my body had begun to weaken. My eyes were still shut. I could not bear to see my slashed wrists.

If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Sign up to rate and review this story