Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Talk To Me

by SmashAuthority2 6 reviews

I decided to re-post this one-shot on my new account because I'm very proud of it!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-11-15 - Updated: 2009-11-15 - 2797 words - Complete

1Original
I do not own My Chemical Romance. The following is just fiction, okay?


Erica West was freaking out. She was late for a meeting with her boss, who just happened to be the biggest movie star on the planet. And the biggest bitch that ever walked it. Jennifer Greene was known the world over for her extraordinary good looks, but unfortunately, the same could not be said for her acting abilities. To say her "talent" was limited was an understatement, the girl was as wooden as a spoon but mysteriously always seemed to get the best roles in Hollywood. Erica often wondered how she managed that.

Today Jennifer and Erica were meeting up with a rock band-who's name Jennifer kept forgetting, to discuss her role in their new video. Erica had lost count of how many times she had reminded the blond haired, green eyed beauty that the band's name was My Chemical Romance. How difficult was it to remember that?

Erica sighed and ran a pale hand through her usually poker straight, jet black hair which, at the moment, not only needed to be cut but also needed to be combed. She hadn't had time to do anything with it as she had overslept and had just managed to brush her teeth and put her contacts in. She had poked herself in the eye in her haste, and now one of her usually hazel eyes was red and watery. She knew she looked like she had been dragged through a bush repeatedly, but it didn't matter as no-one ever looked twice at her. Jennifer was always the focus of attention and she never let Erica forget that. She tapped her fingers impatiently on her leg and mentally willed the taxi to move faster, event though the driver was going as fast as he legally could.

Erica sighed sadly and slumped against her seat, she was exhausted both mentally and physically. Working for a demanding boss could have that effect on a person, and Jennifer was as difficult as they came. She thought nothing of calling Erica at three in the morning and insisting that she needed a coffee or that she was starving and needed food, usually some sort of salad. If Erica messed up then Jennifer would berate her until she got distracted.

Erica had taken this job not out of choice but because living in LA was expensive. Since her own dream of becoming a serious actress had faltered and she had found herself penniless, nearly homeless and desperate, an old friend had come to her aid and used his influence to help her out. This was also a subject which seemed to delight Jennifer, who never tired of reminding Erica how she had failed in the City Of Angels.

She was roused out of her stupor when her Blackberry buzzed, signalling a message. Erica didn't have to read it to know it was from her boss, who would probably be seething with anger at her lateness, so she chose to ignore it. Finally, the taxi rolled to a stop outside Reprise Records main office building where the meeting had been scheduled to take place. She got out slowly, paid the driver and began to make her way inside. She was not looking forward to the storm that she would undoubtedly have to face, Jennifer could be extremely vicious when things were not going her way, as she had discovered. Erica had just stepped into the sparsely furnished reception area, when she heard the voice she had secretly come to loathe.

"Where the hell have you been?" Jennifer shrieked marching over and grabbing her by the arm.

"I'm sorry. But I overslept because of the..." Before she could finish her sentence, Jennifer span around and started for the elevator, still with a tight grip on Erica, who squirmed with pain.

"Jennifer. You're hurting me!" She yelped.

The statuesque blond ignored her completely and literally dragged her through the elevator doors, where she finally, mercifully, released her assistant.

"We'll discuss this later, Erica. The band is waiting," She pulled out her compact and became busy, re-applying her make-up which was flawless to begin with. "What's their name again?"

"My Chemical Romance," Erica replied, through gritted teeth.

"Stupid name. They're lucky they even got a meeting with me," She sniffed, arrogantly.

Erica tried not to roll her eyes, "I know," She mumbled, hating the way she was forced to suck up to her boss. She attempted to smooth out her rumpled clothes and fix her wild hair. Seeing her reflection in the shiny, golden elevator walls she couldn't quite believe how rough she looked. It irritated her as she always took pride in her appearance. But it was too late to do anything about it now as the elevator stopped at their designated floor and they stepped out hurriedly.

"I cannot believe I am late for a meeting. You know how much I hate that," Jennifer huffed.

It was true, Erica thought. Being punctual was probably one of the few redeeming qualities her boss had, though Erica did not feel any guilt whatsoever in her part in making Jennifer late.

"My Chemical whatever will be waiting," She continued, as she stepped up her pace.

"Romance. It's My Chemical Romance," Erica whispered from behind her.

"Whatever," She approached the room where the meeting was to take place and put her hand on the doorknob. "You look like shit, by the way," She smirked and went in, leaving Erica standing outside with tears in her eyes.

"Erica! Are you going to join us or not?" Jennifer barked, from inside the room.

Erica took a deep breath to steady herself and walked in. The room was brightly lit and spacious, with a huge, oval shaped, brown table placed in the centre. There were pictures of the labels recording artists hanging on the walls and a lonely plant say in the corner, which to Erica's eyes, looked like it needed some serious TLC. A bit like me, she mused as she took her seat. She was so upset, she did not glance at the band who were already seated. Jennifer's cruel comment about her appearance had stung and she just wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear for awhile. Her stunning boss was the perfect distraction though, and chances were, the guys were probably too distracted by her to notice anyone else.

"Well, why don't you start by introducing yourselves," Jennifer suggested. "You all know who I am, of course," She added, rather haughtily.

Erica heard someone snort and looked up quickly. It seemed to have come from a small looking guy who had dark hair, and what looked like millions of tattoos all over his body, even his neck. When he caught her staring, he winked cheekily at her. Erica blushed and looked down at her lap.

The room was eerily silent as the girls waited for the guys to speak. Erica fiddled with a tear in her jeans and felt her blush deepen. She had the distinct feeling someone was staring at her but she felt too embarrassed to look up.

Finally, after an age, someone spoke. "My names Gerard Way," His voice was soft and low and, to Erica's ears, currently laced with sarcasm. She raised her head up and her eyes fell on a very young looking, pale guy. He had black hair which fell carelessly over his eyes. Erica noted they were hazel, like hers. Their eyes met and he smiled at her. She saw the kindness in them and oddly, no longer felt embarrassed about the way she looked. She took the opportunity to peer surreptitiously at the rest of the guys. On her right was a big blond guy, who wore a scowl on his handsome face. Next to him was someone with the wildest looking hair Erica had ever seen. It was just so big and insanely curly. He also smiled at her in a friendly manner. Last but not least, there sat next to Gerard, an obviously tall (though he was sitting) skinny guy with glasses. He had his arms folded and was staring at the ceiling.

Gerard introduced them all. Tattooed guy was Frank, blond guy was Bob, wild haired guy was Ray and the skinny guy was Mikey, also Gerard's younger brother. Jennifer's face was blank as the introductions were made. She had never been good with names, it was always up to Erica to remind her who she was talking to.

Jennifer began to speak "Okay. Now let's get down to business. You want me to star in you're next video, right, so...,"

"Actually," Interrupted Gerard, "Our label want's you in our video," His harsh tone, which even Jennifer could detect, made his dislike of her very clear.

"Whatever, Gerald. Work is work," Jennifer said, clearly choosing to ignore his tone.

"Yeah, GERALD. You heard her. Work is work." Frank repeated, in mock seriousness as the others stifled their laughter. Erica cringed and tried to catch Jennifer's eye but it was no use as she was ignoring her. Gerard pulled out a cigarette and lit it angrily.

"Could you put that out? It's a disgusting habit and I hate the smell," Jennifer asked, wrinkling her nose.

"That's too bad," Gerard replied, but he made no move to stub out the cigarette.

Erica could see Mikey and Frank shaking with laughter and had to fight to contain hers. The guys were obviously not used to dealing with someone like Jennifer.

When she realized Gerard was not going to do as she asked, her face darkened in rage. "Erica!" She snapped, "Go and get me an Evian. Make it quick," She ordered.

"Is that how you talk to her?" Gerard asked, looking angrier by the minute.

"Stay out of it. She's my assistant," Jennifer said flippantly, as if discussing ownership of a dog.

"It's okay," Erica interjected quietly, "I'll get it," She started to get up.

"No you won't," Gerard spoke calmly, but his voice shook with the effort.

Erica sat back down and Jennifer gave her a look of utter contempt. "Have you forgotten who you work for?" She spat.

Gerard didn't give Erica a chance to answer,"She's not your fucking slave," His body was rigid and the look on face was of utter contempt. Erica was surprised Jennifer was not intimidated by him. He looked furious.

"She's my assistant," Jennifer repeated, as if the there was no difference between the two.

"Why don't you get off your spoilt, lazy ass and get it yourself?" Frank suggested.

Jennifer gasped in shock. No one had ever spoken to her like that before. "How dare you!" She screamed, rising from her seat, "Don't you know who I am?"

"Not really," Gerard replied with a smirk. Erica felt her heartbeat race, he really was irresistible. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. How could she think such things at a time like this?

"Aren't you that chick from that movie?" Bob scrutinized her face carefully, as if he couldn't quite remember where he had seen her before.

"For you're information, I've been in a lot of major blockbusters. I was nominated for an MTV Movie Award!" Jennifer boasted.

"MTV Movie Award," Mikey chuckled, "She says it like it's an Oscar,"

All the guys laughed at her with the exception of Gerard, who turned to look at Erica. "Tell me. Do you enjoy being treated like garbage?" He watched her closely as he waited for her to reply.

Erica stared at him. If she answered his question she would definitely be fired, and she just couldn't afford that. She opened her mouth to speak but closed it when she saw the look on Jennifer's livid face.

"Don't be afraid," He said softly. "Talk to me," He urged.

His hypnotic eyes bored into hers, and the fear that lived inside her body suddenly disappeared. "No!" She blurted out, "I hate working for the bitch!"

"YES!" Yelled Frank, "I so wanted to hear her say that!" He smiled proudly at Erica.

"Erica!" Jennifer looked at her in disbelief, "How dare you speak to me like that? After all I've done for you,"

"All you've done for me?" Erica repeated, her voice rising. "You mean by making my life a living hell? Belittling me at every opportunity? Making me feel like shit everyday? Humiliating me in front off your friends? If you think you have been doing me a favour, you are even dumber then you look," Erica stopped to catch her breath as all the things she had wanted to say for so long came pouring out of her mouth. "I've always wondered how you got your major movie roles. Let's be honest, it's not like you have any real talent. You're the shittest actress I have ever seen in my life. How many people did you sleep with to get to the top, Jennifer? Because we all know that's the only thing you are good at. You're best performance was in that sex tape your ex released. Not that I watched it," She was on a roll now and it felt good, "Everyone fucking hates you because you are the biggest bitch on the fucking planet. And, oh yeah, if you hadn't figured it out by now, I FUCKING QUIT!" She sat back, exhausted from yelling so much.

"Well," Gerard said before an outraged Jennifer could speak, "It looks like you are out of a job, Erica. How would you like to be in our next video" He asked politely.

Erica stared at him in disbelief. "Are you serious?" This could be the big break she had always been denied.

"Yes," He said, sincerely. "You're the kind of girl I....I mean, we have been looking for to appear in our next video," Now he looked at her shyly and Erica's heart did a back flip.

"Hello? What about me?" Interrupted Jennifer shamelessly.

"No offence, princess. But no-one gives a fuck about you," Frank laughed at the expression on her face. "We never wanted you in our video. It was all the labels idea."

"I can't believe you chose her over me!" Jennifer screeched.

"Why not? She's fucking beautiful," Gerard declared.

Erica stared at him, dumbfounded. She couldn't believe he had just said that in front of everyone. Nobody had ever told her that before. Her head was spinning from all the events that had just taken place. She had just quit her job and now a rock band wanted her in their next video. The fact that they were all such obviously nice guys, who had stuck up for a complete stranger made it easy to trust them. And then there was Gerard himself. Every time she looked at him, her heart seemed to lose control of itself.

"So, will you do it? Will you star in our video?" Asked Mikey eagerly, leaning forward in his seat.

Erica didn't have to think very hard. "Yes. Of course I'll do it," She smiled at them. It was the first time she had done so in a very long time. It felt great.

"Thank God. Now we can get out of here," Gerard pushed back his chair and got up. The others followed suit. "Well Jennifer," He started, "I can't say it's been a pleasure. But at least we found what we were looking for."

"You mean what you were looking for," Whispered Frank.

Gerard ignored him, "Shall we?" He asked Erica, who got up immediately and followed the boys as they began to file out of the room. Gerard strolled up to her and boldly took her by the hand. A delicious feeling began to spread all over her body when their skin made contact, it felt so right holding her hand in his. Erica thought she would pass out with the amount of pleasure it gave her. They looked at each other and smiled.

Jennifer was still sitting in her seat, too shocked too move. She had been rejected for the first time in her life and she was more confused then ever on how it could happen to someone like her.

Gerard was pulling Erica towards the door when she remembered something. "Jennifer. Hey Jennifer," She called over her shoulder.

"What?" Snapped the disgruntled movie star.

"His name," Erica started.

"What?! What about his name?" She hissed.

"It's not Gerald. It's Gerard fuckin Way," And she walked out the door.

This a one-shot I made up and am very pleased with. I was inspired by all the fans who say MCR saved their lives, so I took that and wrote this! I would appreciate it if you guys gave me feedback. I love to know what you think!!xx
Sign up to rate and review this story