Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > My Life Story (so far anyway)...

My Life Story (so far anyway)...

by unlabeledpunk 2 reviews

My name is Alexander Nathaniel Richards. I was kicked out of my house recently, and this my life story. All the stupid sh*t I've done, the mistakes I've made, the people I've met, the good things, ...

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-12-10 - Updated: 2009-12-11 - 631 words

-1Cliche
The Beginning


I was born in Richmond, VA back in late 1989. But before I can get to that, I guess I should tell you a little bit about my parents so you can see what happened. There's not much I can tell you about my father, except that he was deep into drugs and was very popular with the ladies. Also, according to what my mother has told me about him, he was very handsome and I happen to have his facial structure (Great, it's no wonder why my mom sometimes finds it hard to look at me). My mother was 16 when she met him and, as my mother says, it was a turbulent, whirlwind romance that lasted all of about 4 months. It ended because of the fact that my father left my mother to go with some other woman to Lord knows where. I personally don't care, and if I ever see that man, I will kick his ass myself. I will beat him into a bloody pulp within an inch to his life, then call the hospital and tell them that someone's dying and needs help. Anyway, my mother was only 16 and entering her second year of high school - I guess I should explain what kind of young woman my mother was. She was a sweet woman who was exceptionally smart. Like, she could easily be a mathematician or something. She's very smart. Anyway, she was sweet, innocent, naive, smart, and lived in an abusive household that I still have no idea to this day she managed to survive in, let alone in the last couple of months she was there. My grandfather (God how I hate that man) ruled his house with an iron fist. You spoke out of line, he'd throw you into the basement for a few hours. You stayed out past curfew, he'd hose you down and said that you can sleep outside. You started to go out with the opposite gender, you'd get kicked out until you broke up with them. You disrupted prayer time or his bible-reading, you'd get whipped with his belt. So, when my mother found out she was pregnant with me at 16, out of wedlock, with some stranger, she almost had a panic attack. She tried to do everything that could get her an abortion, but it didn't work, and in four months, my grandfather found out about it.

He actually didn't say anything about it at first, just ignored her, then he began to beat her, hoping that by doing this, he'd get her an abortion. It didn't work, so he began to starve her, not help her, and just lost interest in her. My grandmother was so afraid of my grandfather that she didn't help her daughter out, despite how much her heart screamed out at her to do so. Finally, the greatest thing that could've happened to my mother happened. She found a way out of the hell that had been created in her house. She escaped with her older friend, an 18 year old high school graduate who was on his way to college, and in 1989, she left Richmond behind and, as far as I know, has never been back.

Her traveling eventually landed her in some hick town in Indiana called McCordsville (yeah, such a great place to end up...Why couldn't you go to a city mom?). With no high school diploma and no money, she did the only thing she could do. Something she had done back in Richmond. She became a waitress at a local restaurant and 2 1/2 months later I was born at a whopping 7 lbs. 8 ounces (what? I wasn't that big a baby). I think I'll leave it at this for now and pick up the rest later. Until then, bye.
Sign up to rate and review this story