Categories > Original > Drama

The Story of My Life

by Repo_Man_Raya_Murphy 0 reviews

Rated PG-13 for safety...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-12-11 - Updated: 2009-12-11 - 632 words

0Unrated
Being the middle child is a pain, but a girl didn't know that it was so literal. Everything was perfect before the youngest was born.

Kimberly, the last child of Deborah and Christopher. She was the baby, therefore, she was the perfect child. At least in Christopher's eyes. All the girl and her sister, Kaitlin, were allowed to do was make Kimberly happy. The girl's name was Kara. She had it roughest of all. Kaitlin, Kara, and Kimberly's mom was always working, so she knew nothing about what Christopher was doing.

It was Kara's birthday. What did she get? A whack in the head and an order to clean Kimberly's room. At least, until the guests and Deborah arrived. Deborah took off work early and set up a party without Christopher's knowledge. After the party, Deborah and Christopher got into a huge argument, causing Christopher to leave for the bar and Deborah to look after her kids alone. For a while, Kara actually felt wanted.

As Kara grew older, the stuff Christopher did grew more intense. It never turned into sexual abuse, but it could have. Kara had school, but Christopher did not want her to say anything, so he threatened her with a severe punishment if she said anything. So, she said nothing. Not even to her own mother. She was awkward around other people in school, but she was overly nice, so she got used a lot. As she entered third grade, she didn't trust anyone at all.

But there was one person willing to help. Her name was Marcella. She was a short black girl that moved from New York City to Holbrook, New York. Secretly, Kara told her everything. Marcella swore never to tell, and she never did. The bond grew strong between the two, but when Christopher found out, he was determined to break that bond.

Kara and Marcella made a playdate, but when the time rolled by, Christopher told Kara that she needed to keep Kimberly occupied. Kimberly was doing well on her own, but she was daddy's little angel, so Kara obeyed. Marcella was dissapointed, but she never got mad. Not once.

From fourth to fifth grade, Christopher was going off the line. When Kara got a present from someone or money from someone, she had to give it to Kimberly or she had to buy something for Kimberly. The only toy she had was an outdated GameBoy Color that her grandmother gave her for her second birthday, and she hid that from her father whenever possible.

During fifth grade, her mother was moving them all to Maine to live there. Christopher was supposed to follow, but in the time that Kaitlin and Kara were away from their father, they felt safe and secure enough to tell their mother everything. Deborah then called Christopher up, saying that she wanted a divorce and she didn't want him to move with her.

In sixth grade, things changed again, but this time for the better. Deborah met a wonderful person named Joe. Deborah then asked her kids if it was all right to marry Joe. Kara and Kaitlin were wary of him, but soon they grew to like him. He was nothing like Christopher. They agreed. But Kimberly didn't get away with everything with Joe around. She hated him, and still does.

Now a junior in high school, Kara is starting to trust people again. She has great friends, some of which have these names: Sara, Christine, Ricky, Candace, ect. She is beginning to lose the awkwardness she had in years past, but her past still haunts her in ways unknown to everyone. With the help of friends, she hopes to change her awkward and hurt persona into a strong one that will make her a better person.
Sign up to rate and review this story