Categories > Comics > No Rest for the Wicked

The Driving Rain

by BelaLuna 0 reviews

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, let's go for a ride...Taking a ride in the driving rain.... Red/Perrault, inspired by "The Driving Rain," originally posted on ff.net.

Category: No Rest for the Wicked - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-04-14 - Updated: 2006-04-15 - 299 words

0Unrated
November shuddered beneath her cloak, cringing at every cold raindrop. She chanced a look at the grey skies, swollen with rain and ready to release every drop over this little town.

"It's so cloudy..." she said aloud.

"That is rather apparent, Your Highness," Perrault said.

November sighed and hurried towards the inn. Perrault sauntered after her, his steps almost matching hers. She yanked open the door and dashed inside, holding the door open briefly before disappearing. Perrault held the door for Red -for nothing other than for show, of course- but did not find said girl rudely push past him as she usually did.

Perrault looked over his shoulder and was shocked to see Red standing on the edge of the street with her hood down. She was looking up at the sky, seemingly unaware of the falling rain. He shivered, not wanting to get wet and not sure why he cared that she was standing there by herself.

He stepped away from the door, staying close the inn's wall beneath the eaves. He didn't know what to expect, or even what he wanted to expect, but stood there staring at the back of her head. She just stood there, a metre away, doing nothing but getting herself soaked.

Out of frustration -and possibly because a small part of him cared- he strode over next to her. He aimed to grasp her slender wrist but found his hand encircling hers. Her back stiffened, and Perrault had half a mind to cringe, but gently tugged on her hand.

She turned around and followed him, much to his surprise, without protest and gripped his hand. She lifted her hood over her wet hair to shield her eyes from him.

Red only let go of his hand when she had gotten inside.
Sign up to rate and review this story