Categories > Original > Drama > The Girls

The Death of Ilu Triste

by ChaosRocket 0 reviews

The two living girls regard the dead bodies of Ilu and the Princess.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-12-16 - Updated: 2009-12-17 - 575 words

0Unrated
The young blonde girl was lying dead on the floor. It was obvious what had killed her; a glowing green tube had been stabbed through her heart, and it still stuck out of her chest. The top half of her white dress was soaked with blood. Her left arm was splayed out across the floor, reaching away from her. In her fingertips she still clutched the wing of a purple butterfly plushie. An older redheaded girl had collapsed next to her. She was lying on her side, dead as well. In her dying moments, she had thrown her right arm over the stomach of the blonde girl, as if to comfort her in death.

The red haired girl wore a pink dress. Thorns encircled her wrist; they had drawn blood from her arm, but this was far from her only injury. There was a wide gash down her back, and her chest was marred with a large wound. There was blood everywhere. Around her ankle was an orange jelly bracelet and a green hair tie.

The only brunette in the room regarded the two dead girls with a sort of cold sorrow in her eyes. At the feet of the brunette was a broken bracelet that had been made of frosted pink plastic. The only other living person in the room- a dishwater blonde with brown eyes- spoke to the brunette.

"Don't cry for them, Iie," said Des. Des was darkness incarnate, but ironically she always wore white.

"I will try not to," Iie responded, without looking away.

Des still- still- wore a crystal pendant around her neck. She knew she should have gotten rid of it long ago, but she hadn't been able to bring herself to toss it away. The princess and Ilu had hung onto their keys, unable to let them go- and that had sealed their demise. Even in death, their keys still adorned their bodies.

But the pendant was all that Des- or any of them, for that matter- had left of the original seven keys. "And my brother doesn't even love me," Des said. She barked out a bitter laugh. "That may be the saddest part of all of this."

Around Des's right wrist was a jade bracelet with a snaked carved on it. This was the newest key; it had been made long after the original seven. No more keys were supposed to have been created after the first seven, but this one had somehow slipped through. Des regarded it thoughtfully. It seemed to be made out of sturdier material than the others keys had been. Maybe this was a good sign. Maybe not.

"It won't help to cry," Des reminded Iie.

"No," said Iie, still staring blankly at the dead bodies. Iie was alive and breathing, but the hollowness in her eyes told a different story. "Blood everywhere. Everywhere," she said. "This place is in shadows. Their death casts a dark veil over everything."

"It is light outside," said Des.

"Yes," said Iie. "The moon never rises anymore. It only rose when Ilu would sing. She can't sing anymore."

"She usually sung sad songs anyways," said Des.

"Not always," said Iie, gazing into the distance at something unseen. "Maybe they're-"

"Don't you dare end that sentence with the words 'looking at the moon, too,' Iie," said Des.

Iie smiled sadly.

"That part is over," said Des.

"That part is over," echoed Iie, death in her eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story