Categories > TV > CSI: Miami

Next Step

by chii_sephyn 0 reviews

[One-shot] There was one last thing he needed to do before leaving the past behind. 300 words. Spoilers for season 8 episode 5, Bad Seed. Possible slash; squint and turn your head 23 degrees to the...

Category: CSI: Miami - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-12-21 - Updated: 2009-12-22 - 331 words - Complete

1Moving
Disclaimer: CBS, and the show's various producers owns CSI:Miami and the boys. I don't. Sad.

Last warning: Possible slash and spoilers for Season 8 episode 5, Bad Seed. Don't like, don't read. You are warned.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


"Hey."

"Hey, how did it go?"

"H took it well. Nat and Valera were crying, but it wasn't as if I was never going to see them again. So... how was work?"

"Weird case. If only you were out on the field with us."

"Nah, didn't want to play fourth wheel to the Three CSI Musketeers."

"Wha—Everyone needs to stop calling us that! Jesse was... I need a little more time to get used to Cardoza. Walter's alright, I guess. Although I wonder why he's always tagging along when we're out in the field. New guy should learn from Dave—"

"And I broke things off with Calleigh."

"... Oh."

"Hey—"

"How did she take it?"

"She'll survive."

"Of course."

"Well, um. I'm going to crash soon. My body thinks I haven't rested enough the past couple of weeks."

"Sure. I'll, uh, talk to you soon."

"I broke things off with Calleigh."

"I know, you just said it."

"Ryan. I broke things off with Calleigh. And I'm downstairs at your apartment with a six-pack and a pizza. And I need a place to crash before my body does, so can you buzz me up?"

"Oh. Right, I... If you let me have all the olives."

"I always give you the olives, anyway."

"Just checking. I'll see you in a few, then."

"Yeah, I'll just... hang up."

"Sure, go ahead."

"... Ryan?"

"I thought you were hanging up?"

"I was but I only have two hands."

"And?"

"I don't have any free hands left to ring your doorbell and uh... I'm at your door."

There was a few seconds of muffled footsteps before the door was opened, and when he saw Ryan's grin, Eric knew the next chapter of his life had started with a step in the right direction.
Sign up to rate and review this story