Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Pages Are All Torn And Frayed

"Do you try to make me feel like I don't deserve you?"

by OhSoIntricateLie 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-12-24 - Updated: 2009-12-25 - 776 words - Complete

2Moving
“Paisley Walker?”

“Let me check. It looks like she is in Room 352.”

“Thank you.”

Gerard had hurried inside the hospital under the watchful glare from Ray. When the three of them reached the correct hallway, they found the rest of Gerard’s family waiting by the door.

“How is she,” Ray asked, painfully nudging Gerard’s ribs.

“She’s unconscious and has a few bruises and scrapes. Thankfully nothing major. She had her guardian angel with her today.”

Gerard pushed his dark tresses out of his eyes, “What about our baby?”

Donna gave him a stern look, “They did an ultrasound and you are damn lucky the baby is fine. They couldn’t find anything wrong. ”

Gerard looked around at his family and friends before averting his eyes to the door, “Can I go in?”

“She unconscious still. But I think that’s a good idea. Though if the minute she wakes up and she starts beating your head on the bed rail, I’m not rescuing you.”

Gerard nodded, “ I deserve that.”

“You deserve a lot more,” Donna responded quietly causing Gerard to pause with his hand on the door handle. After taking a deep breath, he entered the dark, quiet room.

The moment he looked at Paisley though, he had to turn his head to keep the tears from forming. The sight of her laying on the hospital bed, bandages on her right arm and cheek, and the sounds coming from the machines were almost too much to bear. Slowly he walked over and pulled a chair next to her side.

“Paisley,” he whispered as he picked up her hand, “I’m so sorry. I’m sorry for the way I acted, I’m sorry for trying to rush things. I’m sorry for being so damn selfish and for my temper. That’s the reason why you’re here. Baby, I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to make you fall. The minute you fell, I felt my world shattering. If anything had happened to you or our baby, I could never forgive myself. I just hope that you can forgive me. I know I’m hoping a lot by asking that, but I’ve thought about it and you are my world. I know I haven’t been the best at showing that in the past, but I’ll try much harder. If you’d forgive me, I’d make everything up to you. I just don’t want to lose you, because without you, I’m nothing. My way home, is through you. And I know just what I’d do to get back inside your arms.”

Gerard entwined her fingers though his and kissed the back of her hand, tears running down his cheeks. He laid his head down on the bed, looking at their entwined fingers in the dim light.

Several moments passed before Paisley responded.

“I forgive you,” she whispered.

“What,” Gerard lifted his head and looked down at her. The way she was looking at him made his heart ache.

“I said I forgive you. And I’d love to have you back in my arms.”

“I didn’t know you were awake,” a slight blush crept over his cheeks.

“I wasn’t. But I thought that I sensed your presence. I have say though, in your own way Gerard, that was romantic. And I know it wasn’t your fault. It was mine, for being so--”She waved her hand in the air unable to come up with a word.

Gerard sighed, "Do you try to make me feel like I don't deserve you?"

Paisley smiled slightly as she looked down at their hands, “I want you to understand, that I’d love to marry you. I really would. But I don’t think I can handle being engaged right now. “

“I understand that. I thought about it, and well, I was being selfish.”

Paisley patted the bed beside her, “I’m cold.”

Gerard toed his shoes off and lay down next to her, “It may seem like I have our gender roles confused, but,” Gerard laid his head on her breast, allowing her to hold him.

“Not at all. I kind of like this,” Paisley ran her fingers through his hair, “It seems to me we’ve been in this position before. At least one similar.”

Gerard smirked, “Yeah.”

They lay in silence for several minutes before Gerard reached out and rubbed her stomach. Slowly he lifted her gown just enough that her slightly swollen belly was exposed. Leaning over just a little bit, he placed a soft kiss on the smooth skin.
Sign up to rate and review this story