Categories > Original > Romance

Some Hearts

by Stephanie1990 0 reviews

Being inlove with the same guy for years can make you oblivious to others... Unless those others are making it impossibly hard for you to ignore...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-12-31 - Updated: 2010-01-01 - 2240 words

0Unrated



Chapter #1 Familiar Stranger


"Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!"

A scream shook the neighborhood at 9:30 am. Kairna Logan lived in her besfriends house, not her bestfriends famiy's house, but her BESTFRIENDS HOUSE since two years ago, although they have been friends since kindergarten. Karin was abandoned by her mother when she was 10. Her mother just up and left the house and never came back. She was taken in by her mothers college friend where she met and fell inlove with their son Ricky. But since they entered high school, Ricky became popular and refused to be seen with her in public else his so called 'reputation' would be ruined hanging out with a plain and boring girl like her. Furious, her rich, diva and dearest friend, Sylvia Macwealth, asked her too move in with her as soon as she was able to save enough money to buy her own house because, even though her parents house/ mansion, was really big, 'there was just too many people!' Sylvia had said and 'Its not safe for a young women to live on her own '. The truth was, Sylvia just wanted Karina to get out of that house where that BASTARD lives. Now, they are in their freshmen year in college.


"Oh no oh no oh no!!!! Its late!! i am soooo late!!" Karina pracrically jumped from her bed to the bathroom door, tumbling from the blankets. She has just reached the sink when-

'ding! dong!'

She shrieked!

'Oh no! that must be Sylvia! and i havent made breakfast yet!' Karina was incharge of cooking.She dashed for the front door. She warned me! But did i listen?! Nooooo! I totally deserve it!! Yesterday, they had encountered the 'Bastered' ,as Sylvia called him, when she and Sylvia were looking through some clothes in the mall. Ricky was with his 7th girlfriend or so. Right then and there, Karin got so depressed that on the way home she had bought 6 horror movies and a huge bucket of caramel with white chocolate ice cream. Sylvia had told her to watch only 1 movies, since they got home late, about 10:45 PM, and eat only a 2 scoops of ice cream but she ended up watching all movies and ate more than half the bucket. And now, she felt like vomiting.

'Ding! Dong!'

"I'm coming!!!"

Karnia threw open the door and instantly fell down on her knees.

"Sylvia! I'm so sorry! I overslept! I did exactly what you told me not to and now i haven't made breakfast yet because of that im so sorry!!!!" Karina was groveling now.

"Um... It's okay...? "

Karinas ears twitch, 'that voice... is NOT Sylvia' slowly she turned her head upward to look at who EXACTLY was at the door. There stood a tall and handsome man, with black Raven hair and the darkest blue eyes she has ever seen. Now, every girl who would encounter this beautiful specimen, that could pass as the god Apollo who was referred to as the most handsome of the Greek gods, woud scream for being seen in her pajamas by a hot guy, faint or die from bloodloss... But not Karin, oh no. kyouko slowly stood up, cheeks flushing and eyes wide from embarrassment. inside, though, she was choking herself 'IM AN IDIOT!!!!'.

"I'm sorry, i thought you were someone els." she said calmly as if the whole groveling thing had not happened at all.

"I'm sure you did" Amused, The man tried to suppress a smile but failed.

"so, how may i help you sir?" she asked politely, before the man could say anything a voice yelled. "Karin!! what are you doing! let us in already its raining cats and dogs out here!!" Karin snapped to attention, only now realizing that, indeed, it was raining, and it was raining hard. with a blank expression, she moved aside and allowed the man to come in, followed by her best friend.

"ugh! look at me now, I'm totally soaked!" Sylvia rushed to get them some towels from the bathroom, came back and handed the towel to the man first, she slightly flinched when their hands touched, earning a raised brow and a smirk before she turned to give the other towel to her friend.

"Syl, who is that man?" she whispered, Sylvia turned to her while rubbing the towel on her head and grinned.

"Oh, yeah, let me introduce to you" Sylvia walked over to the man and faced Karina again. "Bryan Mathew, meet my best friend Karina Logan," she said gesturing to Karina "Karin, meet Bryan Mathew, my cousin, he'll be staying here for a couple of days"
Bryan extended his right hand for a hand shake,"Hello Karina, its a pleasure to meet you" He said calmly, his eyes twinkled with a devilishly charming smile on his lips. Karina felt an alarm ring at the back of her head but chose to ignore it instead. She returned a smile and shook his hand "Same here"

After Sylvia and Bryan had changed clothes, They were still on the top of the stairs when they smelled it, the delicious aroma of Karina's cooking, both their tummy's grumbled. He had eaten some of the best cuisines in the world and none of them had made him this exited to eat as he did now. Bryan was about to take a step down the stairs when Sylvia grabbed his arm to stop.

"Yes?" he asked, his voice questioning. Sylvia was looking at him in a serious face.

"Listen Bryan" she began in a whisper. "I will never forgive you if you hurt her."

Showing a gentle smile, he turned to face the stairs and continued to walk down.

"I wouldn't dream of it... After all, i waited 5 years. I wont let it all go to waste "

"Sigh... Bryan, karina still doesn't remember what happened 5 years ago... and the Docter said it could take years, maybe even never, to-"

"The past doesn't matter now, Sylvia" Bryan turned to face kanae, his face serious.

"What matters now is that she's 18 and no longer a child... This time, there are no more restrains."

"Just like then, she's still in love with that jerk! its driving me nuts!" Sylvia said in a exasperated whisper.

Ren was silent for a moment then showed a very cold smile, not directing it to Sylvia but none the less, it made her take a step back.
"Kyouko is mine" 'And no one else!' Bryan added silently as he turned and left for the kitchen, leaving a shocked Sylvia on the top of the staircase. It had been her idea to call Bryan and asked him to help her friend forget about Ricky, knowing how her cousin had felt for Karina
once.

"Maybe calling him over wasn't such a good idea after all"

The breakfast went smoothly,Bryan was left to do the dishes for Sylvia had excused herself and Karina to prepare his room.

"so, what do you think?" asked Sylvia as she and Karina entered the guest room, blankets and pillows in hand. Karina turned to Sylvia, "I think the results of our exams will be posted next week! I'm so exited! i cant wait!" Sylvia's face looked murderous!
"I MENT-" Sylvia started, barely containing the tremor in her voice. "What do you THINK of Bryan!" Karina stared at her friends in confusion, "What do i think?" Karina nitted her brows for a moment, contemplating. "He's really handsome" Sylvia could only gape at her friend. "You needed a couple of more seconds to figure that out?! What is wrong with you?!" with that, Sylvia stomped ahead and carelessly threw her load on the bed, a pillow fell on the floor. "What? What'd i say?" Karina followed, placing her load carefully on top of the round night table. The guest room was fairly big. It contained a Contemporary single bed and a bedside table, a round night table, a traditional style table lamp and a wooden frame Chair. a single portrait hung on the wall. It was of a maiden snuggled inside a butterfly cocoon, sleeping peacefully, shielded, its wings plastered to her back. the world outside its cocoon was a wild perilous jungle. Sylvia bought that portrait because it had remined her of Karina. An innocent maiden who's hopes and dreams kept her separated from the world. And she considerd herself the cocoon. Protecting Karina and Keeping her safe... Of course Sylvia would rather sell her designer clothes and purses for cheap than tell Karina that!

"You know Karina, Bryan is a very nice guy. Any girl would go crazy for a chance to live in the same house with him"

"Yes" said Kyouko while putting on the bed sheet." I'm sure they would"

Sylvia sat on the chair cross legged. (no intention of helping any further XD) "Its just that. on the way here, i showed Byan a picture of you- so he'll know who I'm living with!" Sylvia said in a rush before Karina could ask why she showed her picture... Which was exactly what Karina was about to ask.

"When he saw your picture, He said that you look so pretty that he can definitely fall inlove with you" Sylvia said, dreamily. Trying to build the atmosphere of young love, which, personally, she finds a total waste of a girls time. Honestly, why bother about infatuating feelings when that time and effort could have been used to make some money?

"Impossible!" Sylvia snapped out of her acting.

"What? Why?"

"Because-" Karina had just finnish putting the bed sheets and was now putting on the blankets "-I am a plain and boring person"

Ricky's exact words. Sylvia could have screamed a cures that can be heard to the high heavens(gods) right then and there if it wasn't for the knock on the door.

It was Karina who turned to face Bryan, who was peeking inside the room first. And for a moment... just for a moment... Karina had a strange feeling.. like déjà vu, Bryan peeking that is.

'Absured! What were you thinking Karina!' Karina scolded herself. 'Such perverted thoughts! and besides, this is the first time you've met him.' Karina smiled.

"Bryan, we were just preparing your room" Bryan looked around the room, obviously only Karina was working... his cousin was sitting comfortably in a chair. Looking like the very spoiled brat that she is.

"Why dont i help you-" Bryan began but Karina held up her hand

"Oh no, definitely not! you are a guest"

"But i insist" before Karina could make another protest. Bryan had sped by her and took a pillow and a pillow case. 'He's fast!' thought Karina as she took the other pillow and started putting the pillow case on.

"Thank you"

"No problem" Bryan shot her a smile.

PANG!

'There it was again! i know this has happened before... and this man, his smile'

"Karina?" Karina turned to face Bryan who was looking at her intently.

"Is something wrong? You just suddenly stopped moving" She blushed slightly.

"Sorry, lost in though-" Bryan reached out a hand and gently pushed back her hair behind her ears.

"Here, let me finnish that" Bryan took the pillow from Kyouko's unresisting hands.

Badump!

Badump!

Badump!

"Bryan... have we met before?" Everyone in the room went still... Karina could have sworn Sylvia was holding her breath. The silence broke when Bryan spoke.

"Do i remind you of someone?"

"Its just that... you seem... a bit familiar"

"I assure you" Bryan said in a deep calming yet alluring voice, one could say seductive even.

"this is the first time we've met... We have been complete strangers to one another up until now." Karinao lowered her head.

"oh... i could have sworn that-" Bryan smiled again,

"But then, maybe we have" Sylvia sat straight at that. "I have been around the city this past few weeks, you could have seen me once or twice somewhere, it's a small world after all"

"Thats right! that must be it" Karina said, face brightening now that that was settled.

"You Bryan, were a farmiliar stranger!" smiling, Karina turned to Sylvia, who's color was just returning to her face.

"Yes, yes... Familiar stranger" she said dismissively.

"But i hope to remedy that" Bryan continued. Confused, Karina faced Him once more and almost went blind by the smile he was giving her.

Badump!

Badump!

Badump!

Bryan gently pushed a perplexed Karina's back against the wall, his palms against the wall on both sides of her head.

"You see, Ms. Logan, i dont intend to stay a stranger"

And with that Bryan's smirking face leaned closer to Karina's until their lips were a breath away. Poor Karina was stone shocked. Bryan's smirk widened slightly. Sylvia grabbed the arm chair in a death grip, restraining herself from flinging Bryan out the window. Sylvia was convinced that what she and Bryan were doing was perfectly fine. She wanted Karina to forget all about Ricky, Bryan was already inlove with Karina so all that has to happen was for Karina to fall for Bryan but...

'This idiot is moving too fast!!! has he forgoten what Kyarina is like?!! She'll definitly hate you now! she'll be so freaked and embarrased! she'll slap you and run awa-'


And the next thing Bryan's handsome face felt was the cold hard wall.

--------

Yey!

done!

=D

hope you all enjoyed it!
Sign up to rate and review this story