Categories > Original > Humor

Sports Icon vs Sports Idiot (one-shot)

by avery_averette 0 reviews

Baseball brings sports icon and super idol together, on and off the field. Warning: Boy's love

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-01-01 - Updated: 2010-01-03 - 985 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sports Icon vs Sports Idiot

Captain Tsubasa rolls his eyes in disbelief at the flurry of activities before him. He feels as if he has mistakenly entered the photoshoot of a boyband. Looking at the five exceedingly gorgeous male specimens before him, one could call them The Fantastic Five or The Flower Five but even those titles would merely be a faint hint at their real awesomeness, hardly doing them any justice. And although Tsubasa was recently crowned Sports Hunk of the Year, even he feels mildly threatened; especially by the one they call Takki.

While Tsubasa knows little about Takki, other than that he is some hotshot superstar and a sports idiot, his niece is a walking wikipedia on the idol's likes and dislikes. She is also the one who painstakingly coaxed Tsubasa into coaching him for an upcoming all-stars baseball game.

Since no self-respecting superstar goes anywhere without an entourage, Takki's consists of a four eye-candies: Kame, his ever-dependable manager, Pi, his devoted personal assistant, Jin, his goofy stylist, and Ryo, his sulky astrologer.

From what Tsubasa could observe, Pi's duty of the day is to keep the star hydrated. It is a task he attends to vigorously and relentlessly, even before practice starts. Since Jin has not stopped powering the star's nose after the latter changed into the baseball uniform, Tsubasa reckoned that he is there to keep Takki's nose shine-free. And throughout the ceaseless pampering and priming, Kame is busy prep-talking away as he helps put on the baseball gloves. Ryo's purpose, however, remains an enigma.

As if reading Tsubasa's mind, Ryo says, 'I'm here to tell him, "Told you so." I've warned him that this is a bad idea. Amnesia or cancer-stricken, lovelorn male leads have no need for baseball.' In fact, Ryo seems to think everything's a bad idea; that is, except for his relationship with Pi, of course.

'Well, you never know. Takki-san might one day be called to play an amnesia and cancer-stricken, lovelorn baseball player,' Tsubasa curtly replies.

'Baseball player? I'd love to play you, I've heard great things about you,' Takki offers, hoping for some damage control.

'I think he means play with you,' Jin chips in.

Tsubasa momentarily turns a shade paler.

'Of course! We’ll be playing in the field later, won't we, Captain Tsubasa?' Takki once again tries to fight the fire.

'Yippee! Outdoor sex! How exciting!' Jin claps his hand as he smirks, only to be stopped by Kame, who slaps him hard on the back of his head.

'I'm sorry. Someone here has been deprived,' Kame explains as he shoots Takki an apologetic look.

'And whose fault is it?' Jin hollers, only to be dragged outside by a red-faced Kame.

'But Takki's nose needs me!'

'Thanks, Jin. But I'm not MJ. Your powder's not the only thing that's holding it together,' Takki shouts out to the diminishing figure.

'I think waterboy here needs to leave too,' Tsubasa adds.

'But Takki...'

'Pi-san, I think you've pumped Takki-san with enough water to last a camel for a year. So relax, he's not going to end up a shriveled-up raisin at the end of the day.'

'Yeah, Pi-chan, listen to the Captain here. Everything's gonna be all right,' Takki assures as he pries Pi's fingers off his gloves.

Reluctantly, Pi shuffles to the door, with Ryo in tow; while Takki looks on lovingly and sighs, 'He's such a baby. But I love him to bits.' Tsubasa only looks on incredulously, thinking, 'Showbiz people are definitely a different breed.'

As the day wears on, Tsubasa begins to have second thoughts about showbiz people.

'You're supposed to hit the ball, not run from it!' Tsubasa yells.

'But I'm sacred,' Takki answers meekly, cowering in fright.

Every time the ball flies out of the machine towards him, Takki's instinct would be to run to Tsubasa, who is conveniently stationed beside him, for cover. It’s gotten to the point where Takki is clinging onto Tsubasa more than he is trying to play ball. And after three hours of quality hugging time, Tsubasa is ready to call it a day. He doesn't think the Egyptian monolith in his pants can take anymore accidental hammering or whimpers of 'save me from the bad flying balls'.

But Takki is undaunted, he refuses to leave without once hitting a ball. Sooner or later, victory goes to the one who thinks he can. And Takki finally catches a ball, with his helmet.

'Are you all right?' Tsubasa asks anxiously. Dead superstars are bad for business. In a state of panic, he hastily launches into CPR mode. But conveniently forgetting to check for breathing, Tsubasa plunges straight into mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Blowing away for all his worth, he only stops his kiss of life when he feels another tongue in his mouth.

'Are you feeling better now?' Tsubasa asks as he runs his fingers through Takki's mass of tinted hair.

'I don’t think so. My heads spinning, my heart's pounding and my chest feels tight and stuffy. And I think I'm burning up.' Hesitating for a moment, Takki looks deep into Tsubasa’s eyes. Then with all the vulnerability of a child lost in a maddening crowd, he continues, ‘I think I need a shower, and some more of your mouth-to-mouth thingy, in the shower.'

'Then we better hurry.' Gently but with an underlying sense of urgency, Tsubasa carefully but quickly picks Takki up. As he is carried bridal style to the shower, Takki notices that Tsubasa doesn't seem at all bothered by the implications of such a remedy, and may even welcome it.

'Ryo is so wrong,' he happily concludes to himself, 'baseball is such a great idea!'

~ End ~ More at http://avery-averette.livejournal.com. Enjoy!
Sign up to rate and review this story