Categories > Original > Fantasy

The Trials of Dogma

by Tysonmt 0 reviews

Abandoned by the faith he once held dear Brother Anthony now seeks vengence. Donning the name Dogma he uses the powers granted to him through his enemies exsperiments to enact that vengence. But al...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-01-01 - Updated: 2010-01-02 - 1263 words

0Unrated
I once fallowed the seven virtues: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility. Believing that in doing so that I would earn the favor of God, and would be taken under his wing of protection, I was a fool. Through the envy of my brethren I was shown truth as I was dragged into the darkness my brethrens calls of heretic, demon worshiper, and hell spawn fallowing me into the depths. There at the feet of the man I believed to be God’s voice on earth I was chained down like a dog, and used as cannon fodder in their experiments to create the ultimate warrior. In the name of God they called upon the powers of demons and dark sorcery, and made me into a monster. Their use for me complete they decided to cast me aside like trash, but I escaped. Now with the powers they have given me I will see the church fall. I do not know if this is God’s wish or that he even exist, but if this is not his wish and he does exist I do at least know one thing and it is that he has long turned his back on us.
_______________________
Slowly they filed into the room seating themselves around the table. As they got them selves situated the hearth came ablaze of its on accord to illuminate the small bare room that held their council. The seven men sat solemnly all eyes on one man waiting for his cue to begin. Then the silence was shattered by laughter that came in the form of a man’s demented giggle. All eyes turned to him then, and each face twisted in distain at the man’s disrespectful behavior. “Is there something you would like to say Father,” their leader asked his voiced cold and distant. “Oh nothing High Father Constantine, it’s just that you all look like a batch of lemons,” Father Gerald said his pompous belly jiggling with barely contained mirth. “Oh, Father Gerald,” the High Father began with an exasperated sigh, “if I did not need you for the events to come, or could replace you fast enough I’ve had killed you by now.” “I know, I know I think that goes for nearly every one hear,” cried Father Gerald bursting into loud and raucous laughter.

“Father, will you please see fit to end this embarrassing behavior,” Father Lorenzo mumbled from his position lounged in his chair. “Yes I agree, so do us all a favor and shut the fuck up,” hissed Father Warren through clenched teeth his body shaking with barley contained energy. At this Father Gerald began to laugh louder. “You’re pissing me off,” Warren yelled knocking his chair over as he came to his feet. Before he could reach across the table and knock the fat bastard on his ass a slender hand engulfed his wrist. “Oh come now Warren give him a break,” said Father Lainey giving Gerald a contemptuous leer, “he’s obviously drunk, and if not for him,” he finished with a suggestive batting of his eyes. “Get your damn hands off me you fucking fagot,” Father Warren growled taking a seat. Amusement dancing in his eyes, and hurt across his face Father Lainey drew back. “Don’t act that way Father we all know that Father Lainey often graces your bed, and if I am not mistaken he often brings one of our young choir,” Father Edger noted with his usual sullenness. Father Lainey erupted into laughter, “if I’d known you were into to men I’d have come to your bed instead Edger,” he said through gasp. Father Warren seemed on the verge of another attack when Father Michael interrupted. “Enough of this all of you do not forget who is in charge here,” he said a wicked grin on his face as he nodded in acknowledgement of the High Father. “I thank you Father Michael, but I would also like to remind you to always take your own words to heart,” his voice was as cold as ice and as he spoke all other talked died down. “Oh I do Father don’t worry bout that,” Michael purred his voice smooth like honey.

“See to it that you do,” Constantine spat his power beginning to clog the room. All mirth left Michaels face, and he quickly lowered his head in a true show of respect not the mockery from before. Satisfied that his dominance had been made clear he turned to the true business at hand. “As we all know we have a renegade Brother in our midst an escaped experiment of Gerald’s and Lorenzo’s,” at this all eyes fell on the two Fathers. “Don’t look at me,” Lorenzo mumbled his eyes drifting close, “he was one of Gerald’s pet projects.” “Oh yes, yes Brother Anthony was an excellent specimen,” he giggled in a very unmanly manner. “Brother Anthony was a heretic, and for his crimes he was sentenced to death,” Father Warren hissed. “Was he now,” Gerald purred with mirth, “So what do I refer to our little problem as then.” “Dogma,” Lainey said examining his nails, “reports say he now goes by Dogma.” “How ironic,” Constantine said quietly, then louder, “so what are we dealing with Gerald what kind of monstrosity did you create.”

“He’s a beauty this one,” Gerald said puffing his chest out with pride, “and as for what he is or what he can do I have no ideal,” he finished erupting in laughter. “What,” everyone chorused in outrage. “Well the thing is I embedded this artifact we found on one of our digs in his right hand,” he said as he twiddled his thumbs, “and well its powers are amazing adapting to every new situation,” his voice was full of awe at the artifacts power. “I don’t remember any artifact lack that being cataloged,” Constantine stated his voice growing colder with rage, “describe it to me.” “Well it’s encased in this bazaar super dense silver alloy that’s inscribed with runes, and one side opens up, much like an eye, to reveal this molten colored jewel.” “What did you say,” the High Father asked his skin ashen. Throwing back his chair he walked around the table and seized Father Gerald by his throat and began repeatedly slamming him into the stone wall. “You fool, you idiot do you have any ideal what you’ve done,” he screeched in outrage as he threw Gerald to the floor. “That, you sniveling buffoon, was Odin’s Eye, the Sun God’s Tear, and as we know it Michaels sword,” he said and the room stilled with wonder. “That’s impossible,” Gerald croaked blood running in rivets down his face, “it looked nothing li…..” The High Fathers cold glare stilled the words in his throat. “That my dear Father is because during the battle between Michael and Lucifer Michaels sword claimed Lucifer’s eye, and to contain its evil power Michael melted down his sword and encased the eye within then place runes about it,” he was fevered now with the telling of his tale, “that precious jewel contains the power of two powerful arch angel, and you’ve pit it in the hands of a heretic.” “I want that jewel,” he howled in anger, “now go and bring it to me, I said go!” Quickly the room emptied as the Fathers ran to fulfill his wish; each one thinking of their own wishes as well.
Sign up to rate and review this story