Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

The Sorting Hat

by rawr-ness 3 reviews

Do you like it, hate it? Comment anyway, please ^_^ haha

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-01-08 - Updated: 2010-01-09 - 1571 words

0Unrated
"First years! Come on, first years, don't be shy. Hurry up." I walked off the train and looked over to see Hagrid waving his arms widely over his head.

"Hello Frank."

"Hi there, Hagrid."

"Whoa." I laughed as I looked over and saw Mikey's wide eyes beam into Hagrid.

All of us walked off the train and followed him. We all loaded up into small boats and sailed up to the castle. It was set on high rocks and was surrounded by a rather large lake. Mikey held the lantern as we both looked at the school in wonder.

"That's Hogwarts?!"
"Yeah, beautiful isn't she. It looks more amazing than I expected, Gerard and Jason told me all about it, but I didn't think it'd be this incredible." I laughed as we got closer and closer to the school.

"Wicked." I last heard him whisper as we got off the boats.


The school inside was rather large, not that it wasn't from the outside either. We walked up several stair cases until we all encountered a tall, slender woman with a pointed hat and her hair up in a very tight bun.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a moment you'll pass through these doors," She turned around and waved to the large double doors behind her.

"And join your classmates but before you take your seats, you must take a small... test."

Mikey and I looked at each other with terrified expressions. Test! How was I suppose to take a test on magic when I didn't even know about wizards until a couple of months ago.

"There are four houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. When you're here, your house would be like your family. You're triumphs will win you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup --"

"Bubba!" A girl ran up and picked up a small toad laying on the ground. Alice, I believed her name was. "Sorry." She picked up the small toad and walked over back into the crowd and looked at her shoes. "You alright?" I whispered, she looked up at me and smiled widely. I smiled back as she looked back down, now with a small smile.

"The test would begin momentarily." All of us nodded our head once, fearing what was about to come.

"What do you think about this test?" Mikey asked once the woman had left.

"I dunno, do you think we'll have to do magic." I bit hard on my lip.

"I don't think so. Gerard didn't say anything... although he'd probably want me to embarrass myself so I wouldn't expect him to."

"It's true then." I turned around to see a small boy with long brown, curly hair. He smiled.

"What their saying on the train. Frank Iero has come to Hogwarts." The whole crowd went into whispers of my name. Alice was the loudest, and blushed when she figured out who I was. The boy continued to speak.

"This is Erik," He waved his head to a short fat boy.

"And Matt." Another boy, rather large but tall, came up from behind him.

"And I'm McCraken. Bert McCraken."

Mikey let a snorted as the boy spoke his name. "Think my name's funny do you, do I need to ask yours. Hand-me down robe. You must be a Way." He looked down at his shoes, feeling quite ashamed.

"We'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, now do you Iero?"

I looked over at Mikey who looked like he was on the verge of tears. "I think I can make decisions for my own, thanks." I stared coldly at him as he shrugged.

"Your loss, Iero. I wouldn't bother begging to come back."
"Yeah, neither would I." He stared at me coldly as the tall, slender woman came back.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me." The double doors opened and we walked in to see four large tables as we walked in. Mikey looked at the ceiling and patted my arm. I looked up and noticed that candles were floating in the air, but what caught my eye was the ceiling itself. It looked exactly like a night sky, stars and everything.

"It's not really the night sky," I heard Ela's voice come from behind. "I read about it in Hogwarts: A History."

The teacher lead us all to a stool and an old hat sitting on top of it.
"Would you wait along here please." She waved her hand right in front of the small staircase.

"Now, before we begin. Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." A man with a long white beard and half-moon shaped glasses stood up.

"I'd like to make a few announcements," His weak voice traveled through out the room quite well. "First years please note, that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also our care taker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you, that the third floor corridor, on the right hand side is out of bounds. For those who do not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

Confused looks were passed between the first years. Most of the older students chuckled at our reactions. I could hear Gerard's laugh being the loudest.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses."

"Fionnuala." A short girl with long black hair and pale skin stepped forward. She was wearing glasses, I smiled. She sat on the stool, looking terrified as the hat was placed on her head.

"Hmm... smart girl, very smart. Rather friendly I see, yet shy around strangers. A strong girl when confident. Simple. GRYFFINDOR!" The hat screamed. She jumped with joy and ran over to the cheering table. Everyone sat her down and patted her back as she approached them.

"Alice?" She walked up and sat on the stool. She didn't seem as scared, but still nervous. She seemed much different than everyone else. I liked that about her. Her hair was black but had purple and blue streaks in it, which made it stand out from everyone else's.

She moved around until she was comfortable. I smiled as the hat was finally placed on her head.

"RAVENCLAW!!!" screamed the hat almost immediately. She jumped off and skipped to the Ravenclaw table. Everyone around her smiled and shook her hand. She steeped back and bowed then sat down with her house.

"Bert." He sat on the stool and the hat was placed oh-so-lightly on his head, I don't even think it touched his head before it screamed out Slytherin.
The hat went through several names until I heard Mikey's name be called.

He walked up to the stool and you can tell he was shaking. I turned around to see both Gerard and Jason with crossed fingers, staring at their brother eagerly.

"Ha!" laughed the hat as Mikey jumped off the seat and sat back on. "Another Way, I know just what to do with you. GRYFFINDOR!!!" He sighed in relief and walked over to his two brothers. The two ran up to him screaming and picked him up, carrying him off into the table. I laughed as Gerard dropped him, where as Jason placed him on the bench lightly. Jason was the one who cared for Mikey.

I waited until every single name was called. Mine was last. I sat in the seat as I looked over to see everyone staring at me. I could tell all of them wanted me in their house. The hat was placed on my head as I thought over and over, not wanting to be in Slytherin.

"Hmm... difficult, very difficult. Not a bad mind either, quite a lot of courage I see. Not Slytherin, eh." My eyes widened as I looked up at my head. "Why not, it's all here in your head. And Slytherin can help you on the way to greatness, there's no doubt about that, no? Well, then there must only be one other option. GRYFFINDOR!!!"

I opened my eyes and felt myself be lifted off the chair. Dumbledore and the woman chuckled as Gerard picked me up and carried me to the table. "What are you doing!" I laughed as he ran and dropped me on my feet. "Welcome to Gryffindor, handsome." He pecked my lips once as I blushed deeply and sat next to him.

"Let the feast begin!" Dumbledore yelled as food appeared on the empty plates in front of us. Gerard and I looked at each other as we all dove for the food. All of it was delicious, better than anything I ever tasted. Sadly, the meal was too short, for me anyway.

I felt relief when we all went to our house and laid in our beds. I couldn't help but sleep that night, dreaming of my future here at Hogwarts.

Definitely, the best day ever.

...
tell me what you guys think! :D
like it, hate it, comment anyway if you don't like it haha
sorry i havent updated very recently, i promise i'll try to update it more... regularly :P
so comment, tell me what you think and thanks for reading
BYE! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story